Profile for Dr. Natural > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dr. Natural "naturopathic physician" RSS Feed (Santa Fe, NM)

Page: 1 | 2
Host Defense Fungi Perfecti Turkey Tail, 120 capsules
Host Defense Fungi Perfecti Turkey Tail, 120 capsules
Offered by Green Magnolia
Price: $44.96
26 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars May have saved my life - literally., November 17, 2014
I got chemo and pelvic radiation and my lymphocyte count fell through the floor - the worst possible prognostic for overall survival (see the journal article which questions whether or not we should even be doing pelvic radiation anymore) along with my red blood cells. I took 12 of these a day and in one month my lymphocyte count was solidly normal. I had to move out of town and all my things were packed for a while (I was too tired to dig them out and I figured I had cleared the hurdle, so to speak). My first blood count in my new home showed a precipitous drop in lymphocytes again so needless to say I am back on them and seeing results again. Don't be shy about going very high on the dose. PS- It doesn't help the red blood cell line so don't look for that to happen.

Wood Fired Pizza Oven - Millar's NEW F5 Series
Wood Fired Pizza Oven - Millar's NEW F5 Series
Offered by Espressoonlinecom
Price: $3,495.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled, February 18, 2013
This is the real deal. It's an amazing oven with top quality construction and insulation. I had it set up and fired up in about one hour. After the initial set-up you can expect to be cooking in about 30 minutes because of the special wall thickness (far more efficient than a masonry oven or a knock-off). The customer service is incredible, and the shipping took only a few days to get to my house via freight. The chimney is closer to the front than other models which assures a better heat and exhaust exchange. Follow the easy video and you'll be turning out great pizzas, artisan breads, hearth roasted meats and stews, and anything else you can dream up. I bought it, I use it, and I love it. Too bad I found it AFTER I bought my fancy barbecue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2014 7:56 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Do the Math, December 18, 2012
So, I was thinking to myself, "Are you insane? Two G's for ironed sheets? Do you know how many times you could have the laundry do that for you?". Well, it turns out that the answer to that question is "Not so many". The local Martinizing will gladly launder and press a queen sized flat sheet and four pillow cases for $56.74. And you know what? For $56.74 they do an OK (not great) job. Tablecloths are similar but they charge by the square inch. One of my tablecloths would have cost $80.00. Napkins are $6.00. This isn't even the French style laundry in town who presses everything with a hand iron and charges $12.00 per shirt. I bought this machine from Amazon and I am very pleased with how fast and easy it is to press things, especially flat things like sheets, pillow cases, table cloths, and napkins. In fact, I can press the flat sheet and the pillow cases in less than 15 minutes. So, at $56.74 for 15 minutes work, that's like hiring a psychiatrist to press your sheets for you (who we might better use as a psychotherapist instead of having him/her iron our sheets if you're like me and want the perfect bed! Ha!). But, after only 40 weeks of ironing my own sheets, I figure that the rest of the years are gravy. If you are thinking about purchasing this machine go ahead and call around to find out how much it would cost you to have somebody do the job for you. When you pick yourself up off the floor, don't hesitate to work with this vendor.
PS - two more things for consideration. First, I didn't have a problem with my khaki pants. In a few minutes I can do a weeks' worth of work clothes. Second, and this may sound a little eccentric, at $56.74 somebody is getting rich off of ironing sheets, but I figure it's not the people sweating their guts out to make it happen. I'd rather not participate in that.

Lello Musso Pola 5030 Desert Maker
Lello Musso Pola 5030 Desert Maker
Price: $1,099.99
4 used & new from $989.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I have BOTH the 1.5 and the 2 quart models, May 21, 2012
While on vacation in Phoenix I bought the Pola from Sur La Table's clearance section. I drove it all the way home to Santa Fe, NM only to find out it didn't cool at all. They were extremely gracious and paid for return shipping and gave a fast refund. But I was hooked on the idea of an ice cream maker so I did research. I thought, "Geez, that's a lot of money for only half a quart more!". I went to Amazon and bought the 1.5 quart model in 2007. You can even see my review of it there. It has worked GREAT all this time and more importantly, I live at 8,500 feet and it freezes everything just fine. I am not sure what's going on with that other guy, but there is no reason either machine shouldn't work fine anywhere.
Still, my heart was set on the big industrial model and when I got a bonus at work I decided to buy the Pola again (this time from Amazon). Since I am a PRIME member I had it shipped overnight for only $3.99. "Uh-Oh!," I thought, "This box has been opened already. That's not a good sign." It wasn't a good sign as I feared - after an hour the gelato was not very frozen. I called Amazon and right there on the phone they arranged for another to arrive the very next day.
So, this is my third Pola and it works great. I just wanted to test it - I needed to know right away if it would work. I threw a can of cherries in syrup into a 2 quart measuring cup and topped it up to 2 quarts with whole milk. I didn't care what it tasted like, I just wanted to know if it worked or not. In 15 minutes it was frozen - really frozen. The power is staggering. Now, one thing that is different from the 1.5 quart model is that the Pola blows ALOT of heat out - that's not a complaint but rather a statement about how much stronger this machine is.
In summary, this is what I would have liked to known in advance and what I would like to share:
1) This machine is not a toy. If you are really serious about entertaining then this is the machine for you. If it's just for a small family then buy the smaller Lello.
2) This machine is fierce. If it's not working exactly the way all of us are talking about then send it back and keep sending it back until it's right. You can turn out incredible, healthy frozen foods (you notice I am not saying desserts because that other reviewer was right about the tomato tartar with a garlic granita) fast and easy for a crowd.
3) This machine, surprisingly, makes much more gelato than the 1.5 quart model. How is that possible? I don't know exactly except to say that the bowl diameter on the small model is 7 inches and the bowl diameter on there larger is 9 inches. The depth is the same.
4) I am a freak. I have a Robot Coupe rather than a Cuisinart. I have a Hobart 5 quart rather than a KitchenAid. If you are like me then the Pola is the machine for you. If not, the smaller model will be just fine for many years as I can testify to.
5) The issue of cleaning is moot. It's not that big of a deal. If you want to get a removable bowl then you can do so at twice the price of this machine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2012 10:07 AM PST

iRobot 530 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, White
iRobot 530 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, White
11 used & new from $295.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Two golden retrievers, a black lab, and a messy canary, November 6, 2011
I run it everyday or the dirt cup fills up too soon, but I start it when I leave for work and come home to clean floors. I bought it on clearance at target for half of this price - that doesn't matter. I will buy the most deluxe model at whatever price when this one wears out. I will never run the vacuum again, which is a pity because before this I bought the best vacuum cleaner I could. This machine is great. It found its way into my little pantry and I thought "It's never going to find its way back home." It didn't...until it had cleaned up every grain of flour and every grain of rice.

Leifheit 11410 Classic Manual Rotaro Carpet Sweeper with Natural Brushes, Black and Gray
Price: $51.86
7 used & new from $38.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Three Big Hairy Dogs, September 15, 2011
"Eh!", I figured, "this will never handle all the dog hair I have to deal with, but at least it will get all the dirt they track in..." Wrong! This thing is amazing! It gets everything! I was used to my grandmother's sweeper so I figured that this would maybe be as good. It's better. There are two disc-shaped rollers in the front that are geared to spin the dirt from corners and under cupboards towards the center where a big roller like a rolling pin picks it all up. It's thorough, effect, and easy to empty. It hangs on a nail in my pantry so I can grab it easily without hauling out my big vacuum and 1-2-3 it makes quick work of everything. It's quiet, effective, and worth every penny.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2011 8:21 PM PDT

Gone, But Not Forgotten
Gone, But Not Forgotten
DVD ~ Matthew Montgomery

5.0 out of 5 stars A Movie for the Rest of Us, June 15, 2011
This review is from: Gone, But Not Forgotten (DVD)
If you are a stylish, urbane gay man with impeccable taste and a great sense of what constitutes Great Cinema you probably won't like this movie. But if you're like the jillions of us rural gay men who live in beautiful settings but face social isolation, well, this story is about us. There seem to be 3 genres in gay film now - coming out stories, AIDS stories, and stories where urban gay men find their lovers cheating and reinvent themselves only to find that they were fine from the beginning (a basic reiteration of The Wizard of Oz). We rural gay men don't find ourselves in any of that nor do we see ourselves in progressive TV. It's easy for me to identify with the movie, and I can't wait to show it to my gay friends out here in New Mexico. I am sure they will love it.

TSM Products Fermentation Pot, 10 Liter capacity
TSM Products Fermentation Pot, 10 Liter capacity
Price: $109.99
5 used & new from $98.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Spend More?, January 22, 2011
It works fine, the water seal lasts 4-5 days without needing a refill, and it is easy to use. The handles are very helpful too.

TSM Products Fermentation Pot, 20 Liter capacity
TSM Products Fermentation Pot, 20 Liter capacity
Price: $189.99
4 used & new from $164.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Spend More?, January 22, 2011
This crock is superb and there's no need to spend more. It arrives in perfect condition, very well packed, and the water seal lasts 4-5 days without needing a refill. The handles are strong and even when it's filled there's no worry about carrying it (other than how heavy it will be when filled with 25 pounds of cabbage, but what crock wouldn't be)?

Victorinox 10-1/4-Inch Wavy Edge Bread Knife, Rosewood Handle
Victorinox 10-1/4-Inch Wavy Edge Bread Knife, Rosewood Handle
Price: $69.95
9 used & new from $62.50

5.0 out of 5 stars It's fine, January 22, 2011
It's a great bread knife that cuts through my home milled wheat flour bread with perfect slices. I'd rather spend money on a great chef's knife than a bread knife - I am sure this will last fine and it works well.

Page: 1 | 2