Profile for L00king4nswers > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 149

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L00king4nswers RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Price: $37.52
115 used & new from $29.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Hate the time restraints!, May 30, 2015
I loved Ocarina of Time. That game was amazing. So when I finished it, I was still thirsty for more. I got Majora's Mask after reading such rave reviews. The game does have some interesting quests, but I cannot tell you how much I DESPISED having to repeat things I've already finished simply because of the time restraints. Always rushing. Always watching the clock. Never being able to just roam about and explore as long as I want like I did in OOT. And yes, I made the timer go slower by hitting RLYRLY. Doesn't matter how fast you go... you will end up repeating countless tasks and that's when it gets boring and irritating. I finished Majora's Mask hoping the time restraints would grow on me and it never did. The ending of the game felt more like a chore rather than a fun thing I wanted to do... like "well I got this far so might as well finish it off." Really a letdown compared with its predecessor.

Tamron AFB016C700 16-300 F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD Macro 16-300mm IS Interchangeable Lens for Canon EF-S Cameras
Price: $629.00
40 used & new from $525.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Soft at all focal points!, May 9, 2015
I bought this lens for my new Canon 70D. I love photography. But I don't do it professionally. So I didn't need the absolute sharpest lens. I mostly wanted to photograph my young son and have a walkabout lens that wouldn't require me to switch between lenses and carry extra gear.

Sometimes my son is right next to me, so 16mm feels right. And sometimes we're at the park, so 100mm is good. Sometimes I take him to a theme park and he's on a ride far away, so 300mm is perfect. Considering the focal length range on this lens, I knew going in I'd be sacrificing on quality a bit.

Right out of the box, I take my Canon 70D with the Tamron 16-300mm to the playground and start shooting my son. From the first picture, I realize there is blur at the focal point when I zoom in on the camera LCD. After many days of playing around with this lens, I begin to realize that at EVERY focal depth... the focal point is soft. From 16 to 300, I don't have a single sharp image. My manual settings are correct. It is NOT camera shake -- my hands are very still. I tested this even with a tripod. I tested it in really good light. I tested it every which way possible to produce what I consider a reasonably sharp image for a lens of this much range.

I did not want to believe the image quality was this bad. I did not want to go through a return process. I even began to question the quality of the 70D. 2 weeks passed and I decided to buy a Canon 18-135mm lens (that would have been part of a kit but I bought just a camera body alone cause I knew I'd be using the Tamron). I knew that it would be an unfair test considering the differences in these 2 lenses, but I wanted to see just how much better the quality would be in the 18-135mm. If it wasn't going to be much of a difference, I would return the Canon lens and stick with the Tamron. I wanted the Tamron to be decent enough to "live with" because the other way around would have me going through the hassle of returning the Tamron lens AND the 70D so that I could re-purchase the 70D with the kit lens to save a little money ($300 worth of savings).

After several days of playing around with the Tamron and Canon lenses, testing them both at good light and low light on tripods and handheld at the same focal depths, same ISOs, same apertures and same shutter speeds, I came to the conclusion that I could not live with the Tamron. The benefits of the extra zoom and comfort of not switching lenses and carrying extra gear was not worth sacrificing that much quality. The kit lens was sharper than I could have imagined... especially at the focal point. Not to mention, the Tamron is so LOUD when autofocusing. It is beyond annoying and distracting when in video mode. It takes away from the entire video. It is constantly hunting for focus and you hear it clicking and churning. The Canon lens was COMPLETELY silent. And the autofocusing was much more accurate.

In conclusion, I returned my Canon 70D and Tamron 16-300mm lens and purchased the Canon 70D with the kit lens Canon 18-135mm IS STM. I also purchased the Canon 55-250mm IS STM in addition and the store sold it to me for 50% off. In the end, I saved $450 and my images are so sharp and I am beyond happy with what I have now!!! Yes, I have to now carry an extra lens and switch lenses. But I just couldn't live with the Tamron's soft images. I'm not a crazy pixel-peeper and I'm not planning to make a profession out of photography, but the Tamron's IQ was unacceptable to me.

Example:

Focal point is on Luigi's eye closest to his sideburns. Be sure to enlarge the image to see my point.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2015 2:34 PM PDT

Echocardiography Review Guide: Companion to the Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography: Expert Consult: Online and Print, 2e
by Catherine M. Otto
Price: $101.74
51 used & new from $47.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good study resource for the boards, March 2, 2014
I'm using this book with the Otto textbook to study for my echo boards. It's a good addition and breaks down the textbook into the most important key points. Also has questions in the back for each chapter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2014 5:27 AM PST

CHICOBAG BOTTLE SLING rePETe~Serpentine
CHICOBAG BOTTLE SLING rePETe~Serpentine

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect sling for my thermos, March 2, 2014
It was such a pain carrying my thermos until I got this sling. It's perfect for carrying my thermos to work and back. My hands are now free to carry something else. I also like how it folds compact for storage and has a nice pocket in the front. I keep my metrocard in it for easy access.

Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18-Ounce Stainless-Steel Hydration Bottle
Thermos Vacuum Insulated 18-Ounce Stainless-Steel Hydration Bottle
Price: $15.99
63 used & new from $12.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Take it to work everyday, March 2, 2014
I love this thermos. It says that you can only use it for cold liquids, but I've been using it forever for my morning coffee and never had a problem. Doesn't leak and keeps my coffee boiling hot for hours.

Pentel Clic Eraser Grip Retractable Eraser, Assorted Colors, 1 Pack of 3  (ZE21BP3-K6)
Pentel Clic Eraser Grip Retractable Eraser, Assorted Colors, 1 Pack of 3 (ZE21BP3-K6)
Price: $3.98
25 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great eraser pens, March 2, 2014
I had an old retractable eraser pen by Pentel that I used for years which recently broke, but these are even better than their old design.

Energizer CR1620 Lithium Battery, Card of 5 *ORMD
Energizer CR1620 Lithium Battery, Card of 5 *ORMD
Offered by HUB HUBER
Price: $4.13
50 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great batteries for cheaper, March 2, 2014
Button cell batteries are hard to find and expensive when you do find them. So far, I've had luck buying them online for much cheaper than in the store.

AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case for Small Electronics and Accessories -Black
AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case for Small Electronics and Accessories -Black
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great for electronics on-the-go, March 2, 2014
Great case for when I need to pack several electronics and their wires/chargers for travel. Keeps everything neat and tidy!

Custom Leathercraft 1100 Multi-Purpose Clip-on Zippered Poly Bags
Custom Leathercraft 1100 Multi-Purpose Clip-on Zippered Poly Bags
Price: $7.71
38 used & new from $5.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set of zipper bags, March 2, 2014
The small one I use for my laptop's wireless mouse. The other bags are useful for all kinds of other things. The only thing I hated was that the tag that connects the 3 bags pierces right through the biggest bag, leaving 2 holes. Why would they do that? That drives me nuts, but otherwise it's good.

Monoprice VGA to RCA
Monoprice VGA to RCA
Offered by ADGN
Price: $15.49
26 used & new from $9.66

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing!!!, March 2, 2014
This review is from: Monoprice VGA to RCA (Electronics)
Finally I can hook up my Acer netbook to my TV allowing me to watch all kinds of streaming video and movies. Yay!!! Instructions are s***. But after a little bit of trial and error, I figured out how to make it work. Use it all the time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15