Profile for M. Brindley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Brindley RSS Feed (Franklin, TN USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Citadel
Citadel
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Atmosphere..., February 2, 2013
This review is from: Citadel (Amazon Instant Video)
It has it. Not a perfect scary/horror, but it does good to create a dark atmosphere & mood. Acting is good...

Corsair Hydro Series H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH80)
Corsair Hydro Series H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (CWCH80)

5.0 out of 5 stars H80 - Was doubtful...had some issues...but got through it, worth it!, October 18, 2012
I had been running a Noctua NH-C14 prior to the H80. I'm running a stock I7 950 LGA 1366, which is still one hell of a chip. Before the H80 if I did prime95, I would reach core temps of 75-80c or a little higher depending on ambient temperature. To me that was to hot, I know I was nowhere near throttle down temp which is 100c, but still...I wanted more. The I7 series do run hot and I was tempted to try water cooling, but was scared water would get all over of my pricey GTX 590, etc. I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. Although I did have some issues...to sum up...

My Setup --- (Corsair Carbide R300 enclosure, Asus P6T Deluxe, I7 950 Stock 3.06Ghz, 12Gb Corsair DDR3, Asus GTX 590, Corsair AX850 Psu, Corsair H80 w/1 fan using push method or as extra intake) Other - Exhaust fan = 1, Intake fan = 1

PROS:

Cooling - Only using "one" of the included fans (comes w 2 fans) with the H80. Prime95 as of right now running blend is maxing @ 70c with no burn in time, only been up and going with prime95 so far 25 minutes...and it's 75 degrees upstairs where I'm at with a system ambient temp of 45c or 113 degrees (keep that in mind), so it's an improvement in my book...let's recap on cooling...
(Only using one fan in push method as intake) due to Corsair R300 case not having the ample room, using two fans covers the pump, at least with my setup...but if you have the space using both fans or a setting greater than low, you'll get a lot better results than I did.
(Using the H80 @ its lowest speed)

Noise - It's quieter to me, keep in mind I'm also using the lowest possible setting on the H80 as well.

Looks - Like the way it looks, and your using water...says something about your build!

CONS:

Setup - A little finicky. I had no idea my R300 would not accommodate the full H80 setup with 2 fans in use, so I had to use only one. Spent about 2-3 hrs playing with this thing in my hands till I got it right after deciding I could only use the one fan. It will take some experimenting depending on your build. Also make sure you have it seated really good, I had no problems with this personally, but have seen some who have. I also couldn't use both top exhaust fans due to clearance (reduced to 1 exhaust up top), but I'm not marking down due to that, and it really didn't change my temps...but I did have a clearance issue up top trying to mount. So some sacrifices are made depending on your build.

All in all after getting it on, I'm happy! Lessons learned this being my first water cooling, so I look at it as trial and error for me...

Medialink Wireless-N USB Adapter - 802.11n, 2.4 ghz - Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP (150 Mbps)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, October 10, 2012
After having success with other products by Mediabridge such as their cables, noticing their high quality for such a great price I decided to order this wireless adapter. I can say that it works perfectly, you won't be disappointed...

Bait
Bait
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun time passer..., September 21, 2012
This review is from: Bait (Amazon Instant Video)
I actually liked this movie. Im sure we have all seen better shark effects (deep blue sea), but it's more than passable here (here and there). I liked the different location, the grocery store, the tsunami...all aded flavor.

Azza Genesis 9000B Full Tower Case, Black (CSAZ-9000B)
Azza Genesis 9000B Full Tower Case, Black (CSAZ-9000B)
Price: $205.83
3 used & new from $205.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case..., August 26, 2012
Good lord this case is huge! But that's great when you want flexibility and are a power user. Using it with an x58 chipset and gtx 590 gpu, keeps it plenty cool! Comes with a lot of fans, extras...I recommend.

Battery
Battery
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Minimal, short n sweet battery app..., March 22, 2012
This review is from: Battery (App)
Would buy without add, other than that...minimal, nice short and to the point battery app...id def buy a version without adds.

The Walking Dead: Season 1 (3-Disc Special Edition) [Blu-ray]
The Walking Dead: Season 1 (3-Disc Special Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Andrew Lincoln
Offered by American_Standard
Price: $21.99
67 used & new from $9.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome BLU-RAY / Walking Dead, March 19, 2012
Love this blu ray, makes walking dead all that much better, much improved visual & audio experience. Really enjoy the commentary as well.

Nebraska
Nebraska
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, March 19, 2012
I have been hooked ever since episode 1. I have never read the comics, however I have always been into zombie movies, zombie apocalypse type stuff etc. I would recommend this to anyone into the genre. Very character driven with the whole zombie apocalypse in the back drop. Awesome!

Torture
Torture
Price: $13.44
56 used & new from $5.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutal...a non biased review!, March 17, 2012
This review is from: Torture (Audio CD)
Ok, I listen to everything from dave matthews to sikth, metallica, slayer, jazz, classical piano, 30 secs to mars, and some rap in between. Im not a huge fan of cc, but I do have several of their albums. I like to see that this band has never strayed away from what works. Their image, sound, and production values increase with every new release it feels like. I thoroughly enjoyed Kill, Evisceration Plague as well. Im still listening to this new release...have to say I do like a lot. These guys are talented, nuff said. Say what you will, they rock!

Samsung Galaxy S II 4G Android Phone, White (Sprint)
Samsung Galaxy S II 4G Android Phone, White (Sprint)
5 used & new from $74.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Not to bad..., February 23, 2012
Nice phone, I like the hardware of coarse...only thing is, the exterior is lacking of a high quality phone. I went from an HTC HD7, which is a windows phone (7) platform, which is a single core phone...I thought it was of much better build quality personally. Other than that, it flies through apps with ease, nice internet browser as it has the typical droid browser. Overall I like this phone, but would have liked a much tougher/build quality to have been better with this phone. I would highly recommend a case for this phone, it's crying to be dropped and broken...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3