Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for CSVernon > Reviews

Browse

CSVernon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CSVernon RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2
What It's Like to Climb Mount Everest, Blast Off into Space, Survive a Tornado, and Other Extraordinary Stories
by Jeff Belanger
35 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 & 10yr old boys LOVED this.l, June 23, 2011
My boys received an autographed copy of this most awesome book. On the day they received it, they fought over who would be able to read it first. Months later, it is still found moving around the house.

8 yr old says, "This was a very exciting book! My brother and I fought over who would read it first. I really really recommend this book."

10 yr old says, "Best book ever. I couldn't stop turning the pages until the end! Buy it, you won't be disappointed!"

Lokah Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu
Lokah Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, January 1, 2011
such a beautiful peaceful voice. I love listening to this album. My favorite is Prabhujee especially since I've learned the translation.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with this one, January 1, 2011
I purchased two of these for my boys, 8 & 10. This is an extremely well built piece of equipment, sturdy and smooth. Both kids are having an absolute blast on these. The first day they used it in the house (while I watched nervously for walls/kickboards). Now that they've been taken outside, they will remain there. Totally cool, both 360 and 180 turns, I hear the squeals of delight coming from the driveway. This is an excellent gift for kids of all ages. There is a hand brake and it rides so low to the ground, there is no fear of falling (either the child's fear, or the parents'!). can't go wrong buying this.

Painted Big Tim Skeleton
Painted Big Tim Skeleton
Offered by AWW Stores
Price: $42.94
9 used & new from $42.94

4.0 out of 5 stars updating my review to 4 stars, October 30, 2010
This review is from: Painted Big Tim Skeleton (Misc.)
In my previous review, I did not like this skeleton. (see below)

Since then, I have changed my mind. When I wrote that review I was on the tail end of learning the last of the bones. So, now that I know them, and have Trail Guide, I really like this guy. He's come in very handy in my study. Trail Guide is key, though. I still think he's a tad on the flimsy side, but if you are cautious, and don't have two young boys who can't help but be fascinated and want to articulate every which way...or decide to take the skull off and remove the axis & atlas ;), then it shouldn't be a problem. (I still got it back together...but it's even more tilted.)

one more note. Don't count on it to help you with much skull detail.

Following is the original review:

After reading the other reviews, I had decided on this skeleton. However, once I got it I was not impressed. As a massage therapy student, I was hoping to have a good study guide. This skeleton is not particularly accurate. The bones, bony landmarks, and attachments are marked in small hand painted numbers....while most are legible, not all are, and I can't always tell a 9 from a g. The accompanying booklet offers the names of the bones, however, not always the names of the bones as I am learning. For example, the ilium as I have learned it, is referred to as the "Os Coxae" in the booklet. As well, many of the other names are not English, I assume Latin. I am using Trail Guide in addition to my school's assigned book. Neither of my books have these naming conventions. There is something in the booklet (#53) which is called Manus. While I cannot find it on the skeleton (still searching), I assume it is the hand because I recognize the carpal names.

At this point, I hope you've already turned away. If not, here is more: It is also flimsy and stands/hangs crooked. If you really need a good study guide, I would not recommend this. While space remains an issue, I am wishing I'd bucked up & spent a bit more for quality & accuracy.

Three good notes:
1,the skull detaches and you can see inside.
2. the booklet offers Chinese translation, helpful for English as a second language students.
3. my kids think it's totally cool.

New Chapter Tranquilnite, 30 Softgels
New Chapter Tranquilnite, 30 Softgels

5.0 out of 5 stars great for loss of sleep due to back issues, September 15, 2010
With back issues, 2 back surgeries and now myofascial pain and nerve damage, including sciatic, my husband hasn't had a good night's sleep in almost 2 yrs. After much research, I found that Passionflower and Ginger are helpful with myofascial pain & nerve damage. Hops & Valerian root are great sleep inducers, but also allow you to wake feeling refreshed and rested instead of groggy and miserable.

II had gone to the store intending on purchasing several separate bottles...and then I stumbled upon TranquilnitePlus which contained all of them and more.

Since the first night he started taking these, my husband's sleep has improved greatly. It seems to improve the longer he's taken it. He just finished his first bottle and is sleeping very well, and for the first time, looks refreshed and rested when he heads to work. He takes one on weeknights and two on weekend nights so he can sleep in!

I really recommend this product.

Ravensburger Labyrinth
Ravensburger Labyrinth
Price: $18.99
71 used & new from $13.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the whole family, April 27, 2010
This review is from: Ravensburger Labyrinth (Toy)
Picked this up out of desperation on a rainy vacation. It was one of the best game purchases we've ever made. It can be as easy or challenging as you want. For my younger son who is 7, we sometimes work as a team to help reach our 'goals'. Can't go wrong with this one. Great for learning strategy.

That's Right, That's Wrong!: Level One, Set Two (Dr. Wrongo Presents: Level 1)
That's Right, That's Wrong!: Level One, Set Two (Dr. Wrongo Presents: Level 1)
by Alan Katz
Edition: Cards
18 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My boys 7 & 9 love this, April 27, 2010
I purchased Level 1 a couple years ago and my kids still absolutely love this game. Great for road trips. Now that they are 7 & 9, the questions are getting to be a little too simple for them. Sure would like to see more levels become available.

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox
by Maggie O'Farrell
31 used & new from $0.29

5.0 out of 5 stars very much enjoyed this book, December 29, 2008
While the beginning felt a bit confusing, it picked up quickly and things began to come together. Very enjoyable and highly recommended.

Could You? Would You?
Could You? Would You?
by Trudy White
38 used & new from $11.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book to read with your kids, June 28, 2008
This review is from: Could You? Would You? (Paperback)
This is a terrific little book to read with your kids! Some of the questions like "How would someone find you in a crowd?" and "What did your mom and dad want to do when they grew up?" are great conversations starters, and the kids LOVE to be interviewed for them. Questions like "Could you cheer someone up if they were sad?" or "what makes you smile? What makes you grumpy? When do you feel loved?" prompts them to really think about themselves in a different way. And, as parents, gives us some great insight into our kids! The questions are all over the place, some silly (can you wiggle your ears like a rabbit?), some serious. You can pick and choose as the mood allows. I checked this out of the library and just purchased a copy for our summer vacation trip.

Howtoons: The Possibilities Are Endless!
Howtoons: The Possibilities Are Endless!
by Saul Griffith
61 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for a boy, June 27, 2008
My 8 yr old son checked this out of the library two days ago and has barely let it out of his grasp since! Including when his 6 yr old brother tried to yank it from him because it's "soo cool!" So far, the page he keeps turning to is how to make a marshmallow shooter out of PVC pipe. Guess we're heading to the hardware store this weekend! This is a perfect gift for a boy, any age really. I am going to buy a copy for him.

Page: 1 | 2