Profile for B. Carlson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Carlson RSS Feed (Denver, CO)

Page: 1 | 2
Jackery Bar Premium Fast-Charging Aluminum Portable Charger 6000mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank for Apple iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad, Air, Mini, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, Note, Nexus, LG, HTC. Portable Battery Charger, External Charger, USB Battery Pack, Rechargeable Battery Backup, Power Bank, Mobile Charger (Orange)
Offered by Jackery Inc
Price: $49.95
6 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stellar product!!, February 9, 2014
I've used this now on three trips since December and it has yet to let me down!!

I get about 3 full cell recharges on my iPhone 5s or helpful battery boost on my iPad if needed, before it needs recharging.

Not to many battery backups offer 2.1 amp outputs at this size and that is what made this product attractive.

The built in flashlight is pretty bright and does help with digging through my travel bag when needed. It doesn't put much of a drag on the battery charge when used periodically. Never had to use it much longer than a minute or two at a time.

It's fairly lightweight and compact making it easy for travel.

I would highly recommend this product!!

Michigan State Spartans - 2014 Rose Bowl Champions - Framed Poster Print
Michigan State Spartans - 2014 Rose Bowl Champions - Framed Poster Print
Offered by LAMINATED VISUALS
Price: $199.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Online Photos Don't Do the Framed Product Justice!!, January 22, 2014
I received my framed Rose Bowl Poster yesterday and honestly..... I can't stop looking at it!!

The quality, the matting and frame are exceptional and it looks AWESOME hanging in my office.

I was at the game and it's one of the reasons I bought it (State Fan), but it also celebrates the 100th Anniversary of the Rose Bowl.

If you're looking for something to commemorate the game or the history of the Rose Bowl, you won't be disappointed by the looks of this piece hanging in your home, office, den or man cave!!

Portta 4PET0301SS 3x1 3-Port HDMI v1.4 Auto Switch Intelligent Switcher Supports 3D 4kx2k 1080P
Offered by Century Accessory
Price: $9.15
4 used & new from $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Great as a "manual" switch - Never got it to switch automatically, January 16, 2013
I like the size of this switch and with a couple of velcro strips, I was able to mount it "almost" completely out of sight. I say "almost" as the switch has a VERY bright blue LED light that lights up the corner of the room at night. Only a big deal because this is located in our bedroom and the light is pretty annoying.

Switching between HDMI inputs is easy, simply press the button on the front and it will cycle through all 3 inputs.

I am dissapointed in the fact that it doesn't AUTO switch as they say it would. I have DirecTV in one input and AppleTV in the other and the box has yet to recognize either input when the said item is turned on. Had it not been so compact and easily hidden, I would have returned it for this fact.

Red Dawn [Blu-ray]
Red Dawn [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Patrick Swayze
Price: $7.88
62 used & new from $3.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Why make a Blu-ray disk if it's not going to be in 5.1 surround???, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Red Dawn [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
If you want to own your own copy of this great classic... save some money and get the regular DVD. Blu-ray adds NOTHING to the movie! The picture quality is still that of an 80's movie and it's still in 2.0 stereo surround.

Barbie 3-Story Dream Townhouse
Barbie 3-Story Dream Townhouse
10 used & new from $337.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty darn cool and it wasn't all that hard to put together, January 16, 2013
The Barbie dreamhouse is QUITE the doll house with all of it's sounds, moving elevator, hidden TV and more! My oldest daughter has spent MANY hours playing house with her Barbies since getting this for Christmas and it's fun to see her imagination run wild.

Putting this together wasn't "a breeze", but it wasn't hard by any means. Simply follow the pictures in the directions and you have it put together in 30-45 minutes. There weren't as many stickers as I thought there would be and as long as you have a steady hand, you won't have any issues putting them on. One word of caution, once the sticker makes contact, it's pretty much stuck there.... This is a GOOD thing as I don't have any worry that the stickers might start to curl and fall off.

One last comment, the Barbie Dreamhouse is pretty solid, not at all flimsy like I thought it might be. It should hold up well to moderate and some limited heavy use.

GMYLE Magnetic Hard Smart Cover Retail Package Wake and Sleep for iPad 2 and the New iPad (3rd Generation, 2012)-Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Why pay full retail price?, July 5, 2012
This has the full feel and packaging of BEING a real iPad Smart Cover but at fraction of the price. If it IS a knockoff, then it's a pretty darn good one. As others have mentioned, the package the Smart Cover comes in, is JUST like what you would buy from the iPad manufacture directly. Magnets snapped the cover into proper position as it suppose to do, puts the iPad in sleep and wake mode when you open and close the cover, just like it's suppose to. Another reviewer said that their magnets didn't work... just an FYI, the cover only goes on one way, if you try to install it on the wrong side, the magnets won't engage or put the iPad in sleep mode.

I would highly recommend this product for anyone that wants all the benefits of a Smart Cover but doesn't want to fork over the high price for one... As they say, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. It looks and feels like a real Smart Cover, works JUST like a real Smart cover..................

Invicta Men's 3449 Corduba Collection Oversized Chronograph Watch
Invicta Men's 3449 Corduba Collection Oversized Chronograph Watch
Price: $89.14
4 used & new from $71.08

5.0 out of 5 stars HUGE but AWESOME!!, October 4, 2011
Invicta spells HUGE lol..... This is my third Invicta watch and like the other two, it has a VERY solid feel, unique look and massive face. The time is easily readable and like some of the other reviews, the chonograph didn't reset to 0 right away. Simple fix... Page 26 of the manual took me step by step the "steps" needed to reset it to start at 0 and now I'm golden.

All in all I'm very pleased with this watch and like others, have recieved many compliments.

PS: The pictures on Amazon don't do the phone justice!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2011 2:00 PM PDT

Cheetah Mounts APSAMB 32-65" LCD TV Wall Mount Bracket with Full Motion Swing Out Tilt & Swivel Articulating Arm for Flat Screen Flat Panel LCD LED Plasma TV and Monitor Displays Includes Free 10' Braided High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet
Offered by CheetahMounts
Price: $54.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to install, but worth the money if you know what you're doing, December 25, 2010
Although I'm not a "Professional" installer, this installation makes the 8th Plasma/LCD wall mount installation I've done over the years. I've often spent over $250+ on previous wall kits and thought after reading the previous customer feedbacks; I would save some money and try something new.

In the past I've almost always bought OmniMount wall mounts, primarily due their ease of installation. This product was NOT easy to install, and had I not had prior experience hanging TV's, this COULD HAVE proven to be a disaster.

For starters, there is no "Template" to assist with hole drilling, not even a listed measurement to show how much space to drill the upper and lower holes. This is something that is standard with OmniMount and something I missed having. Holding the mount on the wall to Pencil or mark the holes can be a chore unless you know EXACTLY where the studs are and you have more than one set of hands. If you have some carpenter skills, you'll be able to measure and mark your spots easier than someone who doesn't.

Second, don't buy this mount if you DON'T have a "specific" place where you want to mount your TV. The main bracket is just over 16" wide and HEAVY. I wouldn't count on this holding a TV unless you're drilled into two studs and using all 4 Lag Bolts. Seeing that most studs are 16" on center, there is no wiggle room to install the bracket left or right. Other mounts I've worked with are about 20" wide to allow for a greater range of installation.

Third, the mounting bolts that came with the kit are only 1.5" long. In my opinion, to properly hold the mount AND TV, I wouldn't go with anything less than 3" bolts, anything less could be a risk.

Forth, the bolts used to mount the brackets to the back of the TV were way to short, especially if you have to use the included spacers. Finding longer bolts was NOT an easy chore as both the size and type of thread are not common. I was fortunate to have extra bolts left over from prior installations, however I still wish I had longer bolts. Neither Home Depot nor Lowes had the right thread type.

Fifth, the brackets that mount to the back of the TV have "pre-drilled" holes on the top, and "oval" type holes in the bottom. The PRO: It's very easy to make sure that the right and left brackets will be installed evenly and there is no need to run a level to make sure the TV will hang correctly. The CON: Because of the design and where cross brackets are installed on the mount, you may have to settle for your TV hanging higher or lower than you originally wanted. I would HIGHLY suggest installing the TV brackets FIRST, so you can find a true center for mounting BEFORE you mark and drill anything on the wall. This is completely opposite of the installation directions that come with the mount. Installers beware for sure.....

Overall this is a very solid product and for the most part I'm happy with the quality. The TV is hung, and with my past install experience, this install went fairly smoothly. I'm quite confident that had this been my first install, I would've had many errors and A LOT of holes to patch. If you're good with a tape measure, know how to find the studs in your wall and have an extra set of hands, this mount will be a good value for the money.

If you've never attempted this type of install before and you think a stud finder is a cougar in a bar, get a professional to help you with this or spend more on a name brand mount.

Suggestions on having a smoother install (some were already listed above)

- Install the left and right TV brackets FIRST. 1) To make sure the brackets will fit your TV. 2) To make sure the bolts are long enough (won't be if you have to use the spacers). 3) To find the true center so you know just how high or low you need to hang the TV. Had I not followed this step, I would have ended up 3" off center and I would've had to patch four rather large holes in the wall.

- When installing the mounts to the back of the TV, make sure you have AT LEAST a half inch screws into the back of the TV. Make sure your thread size matches the bolt that DOES work with your TV to avoid stripping the thread on the inside of the TV.
- Purchase longer Lag Bolts to mount the main mount to the wall (wait till your mount arrives to match the right diameter).

- Remove the bracket that the TV hangs on from the wall mount (four screws covered by black plastic caps) prior to marking and mounting the wall mount. This will reduce some of the weight and will make your install go a little smoother. CAUTION: There are clear NYLON washers that sandwich the plate so be careful when removing the bolts so as not to lose them. Remember the order of the washers as it's designed to allow the TV to swivel along its horizon. When reinstalling these nuts and bolts, it should be tight but not OVER tight. The TV may be level when pushed up against the wall, but due to weight, will become un-level when pulled out... This is common physics and NOT a flaw of the mount and why you will need to tilt the TV to the left or right to maintain a level reading. Over tightening these four bolts won't give you the ability to adjust the balance.

I wish everyone that buys this mount well and I hope that my information will help with your decision as well as to provide a smoother installation!!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2013 9:25 AM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for the purpose that we bought it for, November 30, 2010
We bought this solely for traveling in our car and it did what we needed it to rather well. The Velcro strip held the case and iPad in place and we felt for the most part it was secure. Meaning that if we had to stop fast or swerve, the iPad wouldn't go anywhere.

The two down sides are that the leather stretched out too much so much so that the iPad started sliding out of the case on its own. The other potential issue would be the elastic/Velcro strap. It doesnt seem like high quality and I can see it stretching out as well.

But all in all for the price, I would recommend this product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great, Charges iphone 4, No problems or issues, July 15, 2010
I bought my first iphone when the new iphone 4 came out and was looking for something that would hold/charge my phone while at work.

I've received many compliments on how sharp this product looks and it does well holding and charging the phone.

It is light weight and you most likely will have to hold the base when removing the phone but that just assures me that the phone is snug in the holder.

The convenient 3.5mm port in the back is nice to have when connecting to an external sound unit, but all in all I would recommend this product to anyone looking at.

Page: 1 | 2