Profile for thedoctor8706 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

thedoctor8706 RSS Feed (Loma Linda, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Apple iPhone 6 Volt Screen Protector 4.7" with Lifetime Replacement Warranty - [ Tempered Glass ] - Premium Protective Screen Guard - Extremely Smooth / Self-healing / Bubble-free Shield / Anti-scratch / Fingerprint Resistant / Explosion Proof / Silicone Adhesive / Oleophobic / 9H / Anti-glare / Matte / High Sensitivity / Completely Transparent / High Definition (HD) - Kit Comes in Risk - Free Retail Packaging

3.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Most, But Same Problem as Other Glass Protectors, December 17, 2014
I have tried a couple different brands of glass screen protectors for the iPhone 6. The problem each brand has faced (and it's NOT the coverage area), is that the edges don't fully seal to the phone, leaving a peeling appearance. It's not about the curved glass of the iPhone 6, as this protector appears to lay on only the flat part, and provides protection of what matters. But even though I aligned this perfectly (see pics), both edges and tops do not seal to the phone. This leaves an annoying rim around the outside. No protector I've found has fixed this, but this Volt protector comes closer than others I've tried. I'll leave it on for a few days and decide if I want to live with it, or go back to PET protector films and see if they will full adhere around the edges.

As far as other factors go, this protector (like other glass protectors) is VERY easy to apply, doesn't take away from clarity, and feels just like a name iPhone screen under your finger. There is no u-shaped cutout at the top, only a hole precisely cut for the speaker. There is no hole for the FaceTime camera, but I haven't noticed this to affect the quality of photos or FaceTime clarity. Using this protector with a case will not interfere, even if your case has a lip over the edge of the phone. Last thing to mention is it resists finger prints pretty well, and those that do inevitably appear are easily wiped off with a microfiber cloth.

Overall this is a decent protector that seems to be protective of the important parts without affecting phone use, but oh how I wish the edges layed down and didn't appear as an annoying rim around the outside.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Poetic Thinshell Back Smart Cover Partner Case for Apple iPad mini 2 with Retina, Gray (840275102999)
Offered by Smart Shop Online
Price: $6.95
6 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin, Light, Protective, December 17, 2014
This back shell works great with my iPad mini 2. Very protective, and has a small lip on the front so you don't lay the iPad on its surface. It is Smart Cover compatible, but has no means of locking the cover in place like some other back covers (but that's not a problem for me). I love that it has a good rubbery, grippy feel to it, and my grey back cover is translucent enough to see the handsome Apple logo, yet not so clear I feel compelled to pull the iPad out and clean it of dust every day (which is a very good thing in my opinion). The top doesn't have individual cutouts for buttons, nor does the bottom for ports, each side has one long cutout that exposes everything crucial. This may not be as stylized and protective as individual cutout cases, but I have no worries that this hinders the case's protectiveness. Last thing to note is that this does not have a huge annoying logo like other back covers, only a small white logo in the bottom right of my grey cover. See pictures!

Overall, for the price, protection, style, and Smart Cover compatibility, this case is a steal! Very recommended!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pocket Emergency Medicine (Pocket Notebook Series)
Pocket Emergency Medicine (Pocket Notebook Series)
by Richard D. Zane MD FAAEM
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $47.24
41 used & new from $42.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise, Packed EM Reference: Great for 4th Year Med Students, Residents, and Beyond!, October 27, 2014
I'm a 4th year medical student rotating in the emergency department, and currently working on matching into EM. I may not be able to critically analyze this resource the same as an ED doc with many years of experience, but so far, I've been pretty happy with this guide as quick reference material while on duty. It's a small, loose leaf page guide organized by chief complaint, and compared to the systems based approach of other references, this is really helpful. Concise and full of clinical pearls, this resource incorporates the latest evidence based medicine, quoting major journals such as Annals of EM and the NEJM. I haven't come across any major errors yet, though I haven't looked at every last page at this point. I also haven't compared this edition to the last, so I don't know if it's a worthy upgrade over the 2nd ed if you can get it cheaper, but as a starter it seems great. I'd recommend it to other 4th year students interested in EM, or anyone else who frequents the ED, and I'll probably be utilizing this resource during residency. 5-stars!

Bluetooth Shower Speaker - FM RADIO - Water Resistant - Wireless and Hands-Free speaker phone with Suction Cup - Compatible with all Bluetooth devices - Works Great with iPhone and All Android devices - Have Fun with this speaker Indoor and Outdoor, in the car, pool, shower ANYWHERE
Offered by AbcoDirect
Price: $64.99
6 used & new from $38.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Little Shower Speaker, But Does NOT Work with Siri, July 9, 2014
While this makes a fine little speaker, the purpose of my review is to inform you that it does NOT work with Siri, in contradiction to the description above. I spent some time fiddling with it, but got frustrated and emailed the seller. He/she confirmed my fears, this speaker is not compatible with Siri (not sure about S-voice or anything else), and that the seller intends to change the description soon. If not having Siri is no big deal to you, by all means, buy this speaker, it is loud and works great! But unfortunately for me, no voice control is a deal breaker, and I'll be returning it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 9:00 AM PDT

VELCRO Brand  - Sticky Back  - 5/8" Coins, 15 Sets - Black
VELCRO Brand - Sticky Back - 5/8" Coins, 15 Sets - Black
Price: $4.53
55 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Package says not to use on car dashboards... I did and it works great!, April 29, 2014
Title says it all, I bought these to help anchor a GPS dashboard bean bag thingy that was prone to sliding all over the place. The back of the package says not to use them on dashboards, but I tried it anyways; so far so good! Not saying they won't leave a sticky residue on the dashboard if I was to pull the little circles off, but for now, I am very happy! As an application tip, they didn't stay securely fixed on my first try, but that's because I tried anchoring the GPS unit right away. Maybe this is common sense, but the best way is to push firmly for 30 seconds or so, then not using them overnight so they can securely affix themselves. After I did that, they've worked great, no sliding GPS!

Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5 oz., 6 Count
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar, 4.5 oz., 6 Count
Price: $20.33
32 used & new from $18.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle soap; great for nummular dermatitis!, April 29, 2014
I suffer from scratchy dry skin, especially during eruptions of nummular dermatitis. This soap has long since been able to cut back on my exacerbations, along with making me smell nice and fresh. Recommended.

MLB Cincinnati Reds Badge Reel
MLB Cincinnati Reds Badge Reel
Price: $10.12

5.0 out of 5 stars GO REDLEGS!!, April 29, 2014
I love that I am now able to show off my team pride while in working in clinic... go Cinci!

Release the Panic / Recalibrated Edition
Release the Panic / Recalibrated Edition
Offered by mirmedia_movies_and_music
Price: $6.54
43 used & new from $2.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic RED. No disappointment here!, April 29, 2014
Like most, I was a little let down by Release the Panic and its departure from RED's signature sound. It was good, but not great. Lyrically, I thought it was excellent, I just didn't like the pop/dubstep/electric feel to the album (though I have grown to like it a lot more over time). That said, I am thoroughly impressed with this new take on RTP. Some will say the strings are forced or out of place; I think they fit perfectly and are what the originals should have sounded like. I particularly like the new beginning to "Damage;" it gives me chills! Epic! And the new song "Run and Escape" is an excellent addition to the library as well.

I love that RED listened to the fans and were happy to oblige. As long as RED keeps making albums with quality lyrics and a good mix of soft and hard driving tunes, I'll keep supporting them; can't wait to hear the 5th album!! Thank you RED!!!

EDIT (5/2/14): I just got back from seeing these guys live... Their set list included the remixed versions of Release the Panic, Damage, and Hold Me Now from this album. WOW. SO good!!! And then they brought out Run & Escape live, it just blew me away!! These new mixes are simply fantastic, and I know some will disagree, but I encourage you to pick up this album and see for yourself. I love it!

NFL Cincinnati Bengals NFL13 Training 39Thirty Flex Fit Cap, Large/X-Large
NFL Cincinnati Bengals NFL13 Training 39Thirty Flex Fit Cap, Large/X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the 39THIRTY, WHO DEY!!, November 26, 2013
Great looking cap, just like the coaches on the sideline wear. I love the 39THIRTY design, it fits great without cutting of circulation to my scalp. WHO DEY!!

Power Support Air Jacket Clear + AFP Crystal Clear Protective Film for iPad mini Apple Smart Cover Compatible (Japanese Import)
19 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Also Compatible with iPad Mini with Retina Display, November 26, 2013
May be a bit on the pricy side, but this case looks and feels great. The new iPad mini with retina display is only 1 mm thicker than the original mini this case as designed for, but it still fits quite nicely. If you look closely, there is not much of a lip extending above the surface of the iPad Mini 2, but all ports, speaker holes, etc still line up, and the case has a nice locking mechanism that holds the newest Smart Cover in place. The included screen protector (crystal AFP protector) is one of the nicest I have used, but as a warning, I have noticed it does make using a capacitative stylus a bit harder to use, as you will have to push down only slightly harder, but you may not even notice this. That said, I have not noticed any difference in touch screen effectiveness using only a finger.

This is a great case/screen protector combo, I would highly recommend it, even though it is a bit pricey.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4