Profile for Katharine M. Nitti > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Katharine M. Nitti RSS Feed

Buddha at Bedtime: Tales of Love and Wisdom for You to Read with Your Child to Enchant, Enlighten and Inspire
by Dharmachari Nagaraja
28 used & new from $45.92

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED this book!, April 18, 2010
No matter your religious affiliation, or lack of, this book is FANTASTIC and can be read to ALL ages...really. Our girls are 4 and 5 and the 4 year old rarely has the attention span for many of the books our 5 year old does. But, since this book's stories are short, they are perfect for kids (and adults...my Mom liked it so much she bought one for herself!) and adults alike. At the end of the story, I gave each child a chance to think about and come up with a "moral" or something they learned from the story. They LOVED doing that, and though they didn't always actually get the one written in two sentences at the end, they came up with lots of other ideas that were ALSO in there. GET THIS BOOK. For Christians that feel they should ONLY read things that teach "Christian" morals, you won't feel that this goes against ANY teachings in your faith. Its not a book of religion. It doesn't try to sell another faith at all. These are all really important, basic (but not so basic that they will annoy you. These are things that kids should hear frequently while developing what kind of person they want to be, and that development needs reinforcement for years and years and YEARS...and adults need this primer too as a reminder, or as an eye opener. I LOVE this book, and am on here to find more just like it. :)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2012 11:30 AM PDT

Mini Micro Scooter - Aqua
Mini Micro Scooter - Aqua
Offered by Sports4u
Price: $79.99
5 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC...seriously., January 30, 2010
This review is from: Mini Micro Scooter - Aqua (Sports)
This is the best scooter...our girls both got one for Christmas and as its 18 degrees out, they ride them inside( around and around the kitchen island...LOL...not a big space, but still fun for them until they could be outside), and it is quiet and SO good for our oldest's coordination...the younger (4) could ride ANYTHING skillfully within seconds, but our 5 year old is a bit less physically quick to find her balance etc. BUT... our oldest was riding it like a pro within minutes, and they both love love love riding them. These scooters are small and light but sturdy and so well made (SO awesome). They have a brake in the back that is super easy to use (also a cool feature) and the scooter itself CAN tip over, but the way its built makes it so it isn't tippy and so a child getting their balance will be ok. It doesn't tip over unless a kid literally falls somehow, and it takes little to no balance to ride them once the initial few moments of getting on the thing is over. Otherwise, it balances itself great. I would buy these again and again, and when they get older, we will get the larger size. Thank goodness my sister told me that these were what my nephews had and they were light years better than the other scooters they had owned and their friends had. Her boys are REALLY active and rode those things hard, but they LOVED them, and SHE loved them, and she said every friend that saw them asked her for the info because although most of them had scooters, they weren't as safe while still having all the fun of a scooter. If you want a scooter, THIS is the scooter for your younger kid...OR get the larger size for your bigger kid. I have nothing but RAVES for this scooter. Not one single "love this, BUTTTTT...." They have been 100% fantastic.

Shaun the Sheep: Off the Baa!/Wallace and Gromit: Three Amazing Adventures
Shaun the Sheep: Off the Baa!/Wallace and Gromit: Three Amazing Adventures
DVD ~ Peter Sallis

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaun the Sheep/Wallace and Gromit are AWESOME, March 22, 2009
SO AWESOME! I love having them. Our 3 and 4 year olds both love them, and I think my husband and I may love them even MORE! Shaun the Sheep is new to me. I love it!

The Encyclopedia of Classic Mythology: THe Ancient Greek, Roman, Celetic and Norse Legends
by Arthur Cotterell
24 used & new from $17.18

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, March 22, 2009
This is a great book. It is great as a reference, great to read straight through, etc. I actually bought it because I have a 4 year old who really loves Greek Mythology, and this lets me look up a God or Goddess alphabetically if she has a question. I love this book.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars No padding?, December 14, 2001
I haven't decided whether I want to keep this or not. Yes, it can hold the Game Cube, but there is no padding. Why in the world would there be no padding? I have no idea if there is anything better out there, but I can't say this item is too much better than a regular backpack.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars No padding?, December 14, 2001

Wormlight Advance: Purple - Game Boy Advance
Wormlight Advance: Purple - Game Boy Advance
2 used & new from $25.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Come on Nintendo!, July 3, 2001
GEEZ...this wormlight STINKS. The glare spot is annoying, the position (on the top instead of on the side) is distracting, and I just can't understand why Nintendo can't get a better solution. I was so excited about Gameboy Advance...but I would have to say that the whole thing has been a let down. The Wormlight is just one of the many.