Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for Feathin > Reviews

Browse

Feathin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Feathin "feathin" RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Argentina Travel Guide: The Top 10 Highlights in Argentina (Globetrotter Guide Books)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT an actual guidebook.... but maybe a good starting place for a very general overview, December 8, 2015
This is just a very general overview of 10 different highlights of Argentina. It is useful for answering the question "what is there to see in Argentina?", and for prioritizing what you'd want to see on a trip to Argentina, but there is absolutely zero information here on hotels, restaurants, itineraries, currency, culture, safety, or how to get from one place to another. I would definitely want a more detailed guidebook for an actual trip.

J Pillow Travel Pillow - Head, Chin and Neck Support - British Invention of the Year 2013
Offered by Jensens-Inventions
Price: $60.00
3 used & new from $22.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me through a transatlantic flight... though I had to find my own arrangement with it, November 27, 2015
I couldn't make it work the way the picture suggested.... but it worked great once I figured out to wrap it around the back of my neck, open in the front, with one cushion under one ear and two cushions under the other. I could then lean my head a little to the side with the two cushions, and it was perfect! Got me through a transatlantic flight. A little cumbersome to pack, but the little snap tab on it lets you snap it around an outside loop of your backpack to just dangle loose. Next trip I'll have to buy more so that everyone can have one...

Lace Corset Adult Collar
Lace Corset Adult Collar
Offered by Wonder Costumes
Price: $20.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great costume piece!, September 4, 2014
This review is from: Lace Corset Adult Collar (Apparel)
This was a great item! Little annoying to get laced up in front, but the collar stands up nicely as shown and lasted an entire evening.

Two Pocket Portfolios, Assorted Color, 25 folders, Color Vary
Two Pocket Portfolios, Assorted Color, 25 folders, Color Vary
Offered by yich
Price: $19.19

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor color assortment, September 4, 2014
Very poor color "assortment". There was one black, one purple, one pink, about six yellow, and a couple each of the others. Otherwise they are as pictured.

DailyShoes Women's Fashion-Hi Over-the-Knee Thigh High Flat Slouchly Shaft Low Heel Boots White PU, 8 B(M) US
Offered by SHOES19DEAL

4.0 out of 5 stars White is not quite white, August 17, 2014
I wanted these boots for an Emma Frost costume, but returned them, because the "white PU" is a bit off-white, and did not match the white of the rest of the costume.

Otherwise, they seemed like good boots. I ordered slightly larger to be sure it would fit the leg.... the leg did fit (and come up nice and high on the thigh), but the foot was a little loose, as I would normally expect from the larger size. Were I doing it again I'd get my normal size, unlike so many high boots the leg was not overly tight.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2015 4:51 PM PDT

Epilady Legend 4th Generation Rechargeable Epilator
Epilady Legend 4th Generation Rechargeable Epilator
Price: $69.95
37 used & new from $59.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 25 years of Epilady jokes... no longer applicable., June 6, 2014
Many many years ago, somewhere in my college days, my grandmother gave me an Epilady for Christmas. It was the latest rage, the great technological innovation that would save us from our razors.... and it was absolutely positively HORRIBLE. It was agony. It was expensive. And even if you stuck it out and endured the agony to try to get your money's worth... you still had hairy legs!

For the past 25 years or so, Epilady has been one of my favorite jokes. The great shining symbol of the stupid things women will fall for and horrible things women will endure in their fruitless pursuit of beauty. Pay a whole bunch of money to painfully rip out every other hair on my leg? Sure! Sounds great!

So, when this new model popped up one day as a Lightning Deal, it occurred to me to wonder how such ineffective torture devices were faring in today's age of readily available customer reviews. Much to my surprise, the reviews were good! Could it be? Could these things really have improved that much? Could my 25 years of joking be out of date? I hated to throw more money at the company that had been such a rip-off (rip-off... ripping my hair off... ha!), but I was in one of those holiday buying frenzies and the deal was good, and I couldn't quite stop myself from hitting the buy button. I felt horribly guilty about it. I didn't tell anyone. I hid it when it got here and tried it in secret. I gave it a fair try for about two months.

Verdict? Well, I'll be stopping the jokes. This one stung when first used on really hairy legs, but wasn't too bad. Maybe that's because I know have childbirth to compare it to, but still, it was tolerable, and not bad at all when used after that as maintenance. It also DID remove the hair. But... legs were never razor-smooth. Never really stubbly, either, and never had the gorilla-hair-poking-out-of-my-pantyhose problem, but always just a little dry and bumpy feeling. In the end, I've gone back to the razor. More time-consuming, but also much more satisfying.

Skechers Sport Women's Loving Life Fashion Sneaker,Black,7.5 M US
Skechers Sport Women's Loving Life Fashion Sneaker,Black,7.5 M US
Offered by Orva Stores
Price: $49.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubs my heels., June 6, 2014
I have a pair of Sketcher's "Go Walk" that I love, but I wanted a different color combo, so I decided to try this model. I like the fit and the feel of the memory foam, but the backs of these rub my heels something awful! They come up too high or are too thick or something. I tried with socks, tried wearing them in with bandaids on my heels, but nothing helped. I'll be going back to the Go Walks for my next pair of Sketchers.

BESTEK® Portable charger universal adapter travel converter voltage 220V to 110V + UK/US/AU/EU plug + 4.2A four USB charging port for tablets,iPad,cell phone,iphone,samsung ect. MRJ201GU
Offered by Dominic's Warehouse
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a charm!, June 6, 2014
We took two of these for our family trip to Europe, and loved them. They charged everything without any problems. Fan noise did not bother us. We wished we'd had a third, so that everyone could have one by their beds to play their music at night!

iMBAPrice® 3 Feet MicroUSB 2.0 Charging and Data Transfer Cable for Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3/S2/S1 Active Zoom Mini Note 1, 2 Mega
Offered by AmaMax (USA) Since 1993 l iMBAPrice® Authorized Distributor
Price: $3.39

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't charge my phone, June 6, 2014
I got three of these for a trip to Europe, because my transformer had a bunch of USB ports and not so many regular plug-in points. They worked ok for most of our devices, though one of the cords stopped working completely and my phone was picky and wouldn't charge off of any of them. Cheap enough though that may be worth the gamble.

PUMA Women's Modern Soleil Ballerina Gem Dance Shoe, Magenta Purple-Magen, 5.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars A sanity saver!, June 6, 2014
I got this for a trip to Europe, and it worked beautifully! Recharged everyone's phones and game players so that no one was ever stuck on a train without their electronic entertainment. Recharged it in the hotel every evening and never managed to run it out of power. It was a little bigger than I had expected, but the flat rectangular design made it fit nicely into pockets... it's only slightly larger than most of our phones.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7