Profile for Student of the Word > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Student of the Word RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dragonfly In Amber (Outlander, Book 2)
Dragonfly In Amber (Outlander, Book 2)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoy the Outlander series for the most part but shame ..., October 8, 2014
I enjoy the Outlander series for the most part but shame on Ms. Gabaldon and her editors for letting these books run to excessive lengths. Another thing, I also almost find it surprising anything gets done what with Claire and Jamie constantly having sex and us having to hear of it.

A Deeper Sleep: A Kate Shugak Novel
A Deeper Sleep: A Kate Shugak Novel
by Dana Stabenow
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $78.50
12 used & new from $6.29

1.0 out of 5 stars I liked the content of the book, August 19, 2014
Firstly, I liked the content of the book. Secondly, the reader was terrible! Marguerite Gavin has read the past 14 books in the series and she has a wonderful delivery and range of voices. This reader, Bernadette Dunne, sounds like an adolecent boy and consequently, so do all the characters. I kept getting lost as the story unfolded because everyone sounded almost exactly the same. Ruined this book for me - I returned the audiobook and got the hard cover from my library. Very disappointed.

Best of Icehouse
Best of Icehouse
Price: $17.99
24 used & new from $10.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Best of, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Best of Icehouse (Audio CD)
So where is the single "Icehouse" that was a hit in the US? Best of? Not really in my opinion.

Affliction (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)
Affliction (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)
by Laurell K. Hamilton
Price: $20.21
68 used & new from $0.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Wondering when Anita went hunting with her dad?, January 14, 2014
I'm listening to Affliction as a book on C.D. and it has been mentioned several times about Anita going hunting with her dad. I'm just wondering when this got added to her history. Did I miss it?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2014 7:33 PM PST

Conquistador (Live)
Conquistador (Live)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song, August 23, 2013
This review is from: Conquistador (Live) (MP3 Music)
This is a great song, even after all these years it still is worth listening to. Melodic and thoughtful, an all around great song.

Moonlight - The Complete Series
Moonlight - The Complete Series
DVD ~ Alex O'Loughlin
Offered by actcdc
Price: $22.69
12 used & new from $6.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved the series, August 23, 2013
I loved this series when it was on T.V. and was happy to find it on DVD. My only disappointment was there are no extra features. No interviews, outtakes or bloopers, nothing.

Angelopolis: A Novel (Angelology Series)
Angelopolis: A Novel (Angelology Series)
by Danielle Trussoni
Price: $21.13
112 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars underwhelmed and disappointed, March 31, 2013
I had so eagerly awaited the sequel to Angelology and read this as soon as it came out. When I finished it I sat back and said what just happened? Where is the story I waited almost 3 years to read? Where are the characters I grew to care about? I don't want to put any spoilers in this review, but to say I was disappointed is an understatement. I felt as though another author had been given the names of the characters and a brief, but incomplete synopsis of the first book and told to write another book, irregardless of another book having been written with these characters. I got to page 302 and said wait, what? Verlaine said that? What Rubbish and out of character for him through both books. That left it as a sorry ending and a poor bit of writing in my opinion. Needless to say I will not be waiting hopefully for another installment in this series.

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 12)
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, Book 12)
by Charlaine Harris
Price: $19.57
307 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars this should of been a short story, June 20, 2012
I thought this should of been a short story since the actual plot was thin. I have to agree with other reviews that state too much time was spent on mundane happenings and obscure characters. The way the author kept on harping about love, marriage & baby carriages, I thought Sookie was going to use the cluveil dor to get rid of her and Hunter's "gift" so she could find a human guy, settle down and have a family, the end. I listened to this as an audiobook and was disappointed overall.

Her Royal Spyness (A Royal Spyness Mystery)
Her Royal Spyness (A Royal Spyness Mystery)
by Rhys Bowen
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
154 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars a fun little book, April 3, 2012
I picked up this book at my local library because the cover and title caught my attention. I started reading it and found Georgie to charming and absolutely delightful! She is so naive but has such a will to make a go of it, you can't help but hope it all works out for her. I was happy to discover that this is just the first in a series and look forward to reading the rest of her adventures. It was a fun little book to read on a snowy afternoon!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2012 4:37 PM PDT

A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, Book 10)
A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, Book 10)
by Kim Harrison
203 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars A perfect blood? Not hardly, March 28, 2012
Remember when Rachel had the stupid things happen with Nick - you know, where you said in your head "don't do it" and she did anyway, and then the stupid things with Ivy then the multiple stupid things with Pierce then...., well you get my drift. If it's the stupidest choice possible, Rachel makes it and then complains about it. Boo hoo, poor me and other endless droning. With all her bad choices she should of been dead by book 3. Rachel seemed like she was in heat the whole book - it seemed like every single guy was described as being hot with a description to follow. Boring!!!

*spoiler alert*

I couldn't believe that Rachel pissed, bitched and moaned about not having her magic and then, after 24 chapters, when she finally did she didn't use it and got the daylights kicked out of her. Absolutely the stupidest plot "twist" in a series that has been steadily going in the crapper. I wouldn't of read this except I got it as a gift, but now I am sorry. I will have to add Rachel to the list - the one that includes Anita and Sookie!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2012 2:23 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3