Profile for T.J. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 175

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T.J. RSS Feed (Texas/Italy)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Norton Small Business - 10 Device
Norton Small Business - 10 Device
Price: $179.99
2 used & new from $179.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Detected Malware, Annoys Me, November 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really wanted to like this product, but it's hard to do. There are a few things I don't like about the software, and the first one is that it's hard to turn off. I know they want you to run it all the time, but there are times when I don't want to do that. You would think you could just click up in the menu bar and stop it, but nope... In fact, if you want to turn it all off you have to do it in stages. Ugh, annoying! The other issue is that it tells you to "renew now", even if you have 365 days left to renew since you just activated your one year membership. That doesn't impact the operation of the product, but it's just rude, and visibly rude as you can't get it off the screen. Remind me when I'm two weeks out or something, until then it's just annoying....and did I say rude? Another thing I don't like is that when there's a new update to download, it gives you the message, "Your Mac may be at risk". The first time I saw this I freaked out because I thought it detected something, but it didn't, it just wanted me to download the latest update. I now know for the future what that message means, but a simple, "an update is available" would be more appreciated. If you want to install this software and manage it on your devices, you MUST create an account with Norton and manage it through a webpage. That drives me up the freaking wall. I will do no such thing, and I hate being forced to.

When you get the package, it's just a business card with a product key on it. You must download the entire suite and install. Then after that, you must install the latest update.

Now for the good. It did detect and clean some suspicious malware on a used computer that someone gave me, so that was nice.

FYI, in order to install it in Windows, you must uninstall the Windows firewall. It's easy to do, but it's just something to think about. If you want to uninstall Norton after you test it out, then you'd need to reload the Windows firewall. If you don't have the CDs available, this could be a problem.

Jiva Organics Crushed Red Pepper Chili Flakes -- 3.5 oz
Jiva Organics Crushed Red Pepper Chili Flakes -- 3.5 oz
Offered by SimplyBeautiful
Price: $5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Red Pepper Flakes I've ever had, August 23, 2014
I have been using crushed red pepper flakes from the spice isle at my local grocery store for years and thought those were fine, but I have now seen the light. These flakes are so fresh! I've found that I can use less flakes compared to the stuff in the grocery store for the same amount of heat. The first time I used these I put the normal amount on my pizza and WOW, talk about heat!!! The colors of these flakes are MUCH more vibrant, they are much more flavorful, and are easily twice as spicy as what I was using before (McCormicks, I think). I won't be going back to the grocery store for red pepper flakes. Good job Jiva!

Garden of Life KIND Organics Prenatal Multi, 180 Organic Tablet
Garden of Life KIND Organics Prenatal Multi, 180 Organic Tablet
Price: $52.69
16 used & new from $49.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, whole-food vitamin!, August 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My doctor told me I should start taking a prenatal vitamin 3 to 6 months before we try to conceive. I immediately researched prenatals and noticed that Garden of Life was often ranked in the top 5 of prenatal vitamins. I was also looking for a whole food vitamin after reading some bad press about standard processed multi-vitamins. Furthermore, I have great respect for the founder of Garden of Life, Jordan Rubin, and have followed his products and newsletters ever since he wrote the book, Maker’s Diet. I am impressed that this prenatal multi-vitamin is organic, so that I do not have to worry about pesticides and GMO products in my vitamins. This product is also gluten free, which is a necessity for me due to a food allergy, and it also contains ginger and peppermint, to sooth the stomach. Finally, I am impressed with the packaging, which includes a glass bottle instead of a plastic one, and uses recycled packaging and vegetable inks.

I've learned to be very careful about Vitamin brands, they are not all created equal. Even though a vitamin may contain the exact same ingredients as another, it's not uncommon to discover one of them being better absorbed by the body. Since there are so many vitamin brands out there, and it is unregulated (unless there is a USP stamp on the label), you really have to be aware. Because of this, I normally only buy my vitamins at Vitamin Shoppe as I have discovered that they have high quality vitamins which my body absorbs well. A few weeks ago I was in a bind and ended up purchasing a probiotic vitamin from Nature Made. In it, it contained maltodextrin, which is a neurotoxin; I threw that bottle out. So just be aware that not all vitamins are created equal. These vitamins from Garden of Life are absolutely outstanding.

Not sure if this is relevant, but after taking this vitamin, we got pregnant on our very first try. Our best wishes for you and your future family! If you have any questions, just ask in the comments and I'll try and respond promptly.

Body Paint for Sensuous Lover Dark Chocolate Raspberry by Kamasutra 2oz
Body Paint for Sensuous Lover Dark Chocolate Raspberry by Kamasutra 2oz
Offered by Arch Global
Price: $13.50
8 used & new from $8.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, April 27, 2014
I'm not a chocolate guy, nor am I a guy that likes sweets much, but my wife bought this and we had some fun "playing" with it. I was blindfolded when it was opened, and although I didn't know what was coming, I could smell the raspberries and the chocolate. The brush is like a soft, thick paint brush, and served as a nice tool to tickle with when it was my turn to be the artist... After caressing her bits and applying the paint, I went about acting as the paint remover, and what an enjoyable job that was! I had thought that the taste of the chocolate would be poor and low quality for a "novelty" product, but not so, it is a quality product, not novelty at all. A perfectly acceptable addition to an erotic night of pleasure... With such a surprising experience with this product, I'm looking forward to checking out their other items.

After opening the glass container (and it's NOT a tube like another reviewer said), you must refrigerate it, so keep that in mind. We've had a few people take notice of it in our fridge, so it has served as a nice discussion piece. Also, the brush was easy to clean, it just took about 10 seconds underneath the faucet.

Quiksilver Men's All Time Long Sleeve Surf Shirt, Black, X-Large
Quiksilver Men's All Time Long Sleeve Surf Shirt, Black, X-Large
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Slimming Fit - Durable, February 27, 2014
I'm 6'1", 190 lbs and have broad shoulders; I ordered the XL. This rash guard fits snug in every area and is especially fitting in the stomach area. I buy an XL for sleeve length and normally find the item to be loose in the belly area, but not with this item. Be prepared to have your abdomen seen by all. There are times when I'm ripped and this shirt would be great for then, but then there are times when I'm not, and it's during those times when I think I'd rather wear a rash guard that has a looser fit.

The shirt itself is fine, a quality product. I bought it to kiteboard in and was thrown hard into some rocks on my back in shallow water and dragged. The skin on my back looks like someone took an electric sander to it, scratches everywhere and a little bloody. When I hit the rocks, it felt as though I had shredded the shirt, but when I took it off to see the damage, I was astonished to find that it didn't rip anywhere; no holes, no burrs or anything.

If you have any questions about the shirt, just ask in the comments and I'll try and respond promptly.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2014 9:08 AM PDT

Personalized Pin Stripe Cufflinks
Personalized Pin Stripe Cufflinks
Offered by CutieBeauty
Price: $27.54
3 used & new from $27.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp & Elegant, February 27, 2014
I bought 3 pair of these for the groomsmen at my wedding. They were all surprised at how classy they were, and I have to say, they really look sharp. I was concerned that they would come in a plastic bag so giving them to them would be a little cheesy, but they each came in a nice little box, nice enough for presentation and/or wrapping. They are a quality item and I'd but them again for sure.

Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 12:24 PM PDT

McDavid Neoprene 431 Ankle Sleeve, Black, Medium
McDavid Neoprene 431 Ankle Sleeve, Black, Medium
Price: $13.20
11 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Size and Fit, February 25, 2014
I wear a size 10.5 shoe, normally a wide, and purchased a medium ankle sleeve. The fit is snug, but it's not overly tight. It doesn't cut off the blood flow, but I would like it if it were slightly tighter. I would actually like to try a small size but I think it'd be too small so I'll stick with the medium. I'm glad I didn't get the large as it would be certainly enormous on me.

If you have any questions just ask in the comments and I'll try and respond promptly.

Kanu Surf Women's Keri Long Sleeve UPF 50+ Rash Guard
Kanu Surf Women's Keri Long Sleeve UPF 50+ Rash Guard
Price: $28.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Size and Fit, February 25, 2014
Bought this for my wife for a kiteboarding weekend. She is a size 2 and wears an extra small shirt when she wants it to look cute and a small when she wants it to be comfortable. We bought this in a small and it was actually too loose for being a nice rash guard. Never-the-less, we still used it but the sizing wasn't ideal.

The blue color was appealing and the quality is excellent, but the fit could be better.

Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds, 1 Pound Bags (Pack of 2)
Go Raw Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds, 1 Pound Bags (Pack of 2)
Offered by TheShops
Price: $18.57
14 used & new from $16.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Crack!!!, February 4, 2014
My wife just sent me a bag of these and I can't believe how incredible these are. I had asked for organic pumpkin seeds in the shell and she sent these. I was disappointed until I tasted them. These are one of the best snacks I've ever had. Simply put, they are freakin' incredible! I will be buying more, A LOT more. I could eat this entire bag in about 20 minutes without even thinking about it.

Some people are freaking out about the seeds being from China. Well, China is a tremendously HUGE country and has an organic industry that is more stringent than that in the U.S. If it has the USDA organic label on it, it's organic. Chill out folks!

If you have any questions about the seeds, just ask in the comments and I'll try and respond promptly.

Dr. Tung's Tongue Cleaner, Stainless Steel
Dr. Tung's Tongue Cleaner, Stainless Steel
Price: $5.19
25 used & new from $4.27

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!!!, January 30, 2014
SO MUCH BETTER than the tongue scraper that's shaped like a pencil! Oh my gosh, that style of scraper makes me gag. This one works so well and is just so simple. It's a no-brainer, just buy it and be happy knowing this is the best one you can get. This scraper design also enables you to do it faster than the straight ones. It's wonderful, just wonderful. Use it at night to keep morning breath at bay.

If you have any questions, please ask in the comments and I'll try and respond promptly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18