Profile for Bookworm > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bookworm "Bookworm" RSS Feed (Michigan)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
NewNow iPhone 6 Charger Docking Station Cradle Charging Sync Dock for Apple iPhone 6 Plus 6 5 5S 5C (White)
Offered by JCB Park
Price: $3.89
9 used & new from $2.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and great functionality, December 16, 2014
The pin at the base holds much tighter than the pin on the original apple cable. I still have an easy 1-hand lift if I 'twist-off' the phone from the base instead of a clean lift. Not a biggie. It being light weight does not matter at all with a 'twist-off'. Great price and great functionality. Using it for about a month now. I use the stand for charging only.
It will NOT work with any kind of a case on. I wish it did.

Maxxima MLN-50 5 LED Night Light With Sensor (Pack of 2)
Maxxima MLN-50 5 LED Night Light With Sensor (Pack of 2)
Offered by Maxxima
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Dim it., May 31, 2014
This light was way too bright for the bathroom so I fooled it by keeping an object in front of the detector. The object reflected the light back on the detector and dimmed it. So then I just cut up a piece of white paper 1" x 5" and stuck it vertically, loosely on the detector and I now have my own dimmer control! I guess in one or two year's time when these lights go dull I can remove the piece of paper. My earlier, non-maxxima ones also dimmed considerably after 3-4 years.

And yes, it is meant for the top outlet else it will block both outlets.

Coleman Cable 09417 7-Feet Flatplug Household Extension Cord 2-Prong, White
Coleman Cable 09417 7-Feet Flatplug Household Extension Cord 2-Prong, White
Price: $6.59
6 used & new from $4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Flush, May 15, 2014
I liked the design that stays flush to the wall. Gave me so much more space to do more.
There is no 'Glow' of any sort in any part of the plug, socket, or cord, even when it is plugged in and providing output. I did not buy it for this particular feature anyway so I am quite happy.

Housweety 1 Tier New Bathroom Shelf Bath Shelves Aluminium Silvery White, Wall Mounted
Offered by TopSun
Price: $9.92
7 used & new from $9.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing Hardware: Screws, etc., May 15, 2014
It is a simple tray but nicely constructed. It looks pretty great: better than the the picture, as well as it has good utility: light weight and yet strong and does not bend easily. A well-made product. I liked the design and the proportions too.

I would have happily given it 5 stars if they had provided the screws, etc that the product promises to provide. I had to instead make do with some screws I had which I am not so confident about. This reduces the products utility dramatically for me. I fear if I happen to keep a somewhat heavy item on the end farther away from the wall, the tray might just come off. It will not rest on simple nails. You need thick, long screws of a particular diameter to hold it tight and flush to the wall as the tray is cantilevered with no other means of support.

WalkSafe by ShedRain 3214-B Black 60-Inch Arc Manual Open Vented Golf Umbrella
WalkSafe by ShedRain 3214-B Black 60-Inch Arc Manual Open Vented Golf Umbrella
Price: $26.35
3 used & new from $24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Reverses with moderate wind, July 20, 2013
I thought the vent would prevent it from reversing but the umbrella has a faulty design where you can keep opening it by pushing upwards and it reverses on its own. So in a moderately strong wind it gets pushed upwards and quickly reverses. The good thing is that I did not see any damage or breakage like I would in other umbrellas and hence 3 stars. I am not happy as the vent is of practically no use!

Custom Accessories 91116 Coin Holder
Custom Accessories 91116 Coin Holder
Offered by RIDE SUCCESS
Price: $6.35
9 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a great price., June 25, 2013
After reading the reviews I was a little apprehensive at first about the quality of the item. Now that I am using it, I think it is really not bad. Not meant for rough, heavy, or daily use. I seldom use coins and have it for the few times I need it in a month. I can see it last for a few years and for the price it is worth it.

The package also included a separate Velcro tape. You can stick one piece anywhere on this unit and the other to your car. I like it as I can move/ remove the unit if I wish to.

By the way, the dime holder can take cents too so you can get rid of any coins lying around, except for the dollar coins.

Cayenne Red Long Pepper - 100 Seeds -GARDEN FRESH PACK!
Cayenne Red Long Pepper - 100 Seeds -GARDEN FRESH PACK!
Offered by T Swift
Price: $1.70
12 used & new from $0.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed, June 14, 2013
Last spring I soaked and germinated about 10 seeds. Then it took a 2-3 months for the plants to grow up. Nothing abnormal about that. But not a SINGLE pepper! I had them about 3 feet high with lots and lots of leaves, bore a few flowers but not a single pepper. Then they caught aphid and I removed them-- I guess I just needed a reason to remove them. I have been growing peppers in my garden for about 6 years now. I knew they had no future. Quite disappointing.

My earlier batch of cayenne seeds from a local store sprouted faster and gave peppers even when they were barely 6 inches high.

Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off
Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier with Auto Shut-Off
Offered by ACTIONPRO
Price: $60.42
18 used & new from $53.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Low maintenance, great performance, June 14, 2013
I have used many different humidifiers including wick-type and the Honeywell warm mist HMW450 in the last decade. This one is the best.

Honeywell has a higher water capacity but needs a little more maintenance as you need to clean the pads that absorb the salts. This one has been working trouble free and much easy to clean: just pour in some white vinegar, replace the plastic cover and hood and let it heat for 3-4 minutes. All the salts come out in a few hours. I have used it for 2 years now without a problem and it is still going strong. My usage: 5 winter months, every night, 8 hrs.

There is only one small issue: it switches off only after the last drop of water evaporates and the salts deposited on the element start burning just slightly. Usually the last cup of water remaining has a concentration of salts. If you stop the unit on its last cup or so, you have considerably less salt deposits to clean. I hope they correct the design by raising the heating element half inch to allow some water to always stay behind. Honeywell wins on this aspect.

It is sort of whisper quite, especially if you keep it clean: throw away the salt concentrated water in the base after every use and clean the element on the weekend.
Once my Honeywell gives up, I intend to replace it with this one.

Logitech M570  Wireless Trackball
Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball
Price: $34.29
120 used & new from $24.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite easy to get used to., July 6, 2011
I had initial symptoms of carpel tunnel syndrome-- slight numbness in my little and ring finger-- especially after my right shoulder gave some serious problems. I changed the placement of my keyboard, and such and then my colleague suggested I use a mouse such as this one. I was hesitant earlier-- the cost and will it really suit me? When I imagined such a mouse and moved my fingers to simulate it, it felt good. Saw the reviews and took the leap in January. I am glad I did! The mouse is so easy to use. I used the old mouse in my parents house last month (June) and I realized how painful it was. I am quite happy with the product. It does put some strain on my thumb though. As I do not use my right thumb much in typing, I think it should be okay. Wish I had started using this mouse earlier. I would recommend it to any one who uses a computer in their jobs.

Creating Lifelike Figures in Polymer Clay: Tools and Techniques for Sculpting Realistic Figures
by Katherine Dewey
Price: $17.64
61 used & new from $11.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy., June 10, 2010
My wife is a budding artist. She does great portraits and she wanted to get serious about the new medium--clay-- that she discovered a year back. This book provided all the necessary instructions for making professional clay people. A great purchase. Not 'the' reference book, but an essential if you are getting serious about clay.

Cons: Some of the critical instructions, like on the size measurements, is extremely unclear no matter how hard you try to decipher it. My wife created her own measurements, just took some time and trials. Also some instructions, like on half-baking things before finishing them, is mentioned somewhere else, as if in passing. Maybe it is a common practice for professionals but it is critical for new artists. Also they should show better pictures for tools like needle-heads. It makes it easier to search for alternatives.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2013 9:02 AM PDT