Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Bookworm > Reviews

Browse

Bookworm's Profile

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bookworm "Bookworm" RSS Feed (Michigan)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
AmazonBasics 4-Shelf Shelving Unit - Chrome
AmazonBasics 4-Shelf Shelving Unit - Chrome
Price: $55.99
7 used & new from $52.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, June 29, 2016
At first I was not sure if I would like a steel shelving system compared to a wooden one in my bedroom. Now they stand right next to my old Sauder's shelves and they do not look bad. Comes with a bonus that I do not have to worry about the weight I subject them to--
Pros:
1. The shelves are made of steel. You can sit on it and it will not bend. It bends/flexes a little if you stand on it, like any steel product. Yes, I tried it while it was partially assembled to make sure I do not get any surprises at night! The sleeves did not break either. The 4 vertical hollow posts or legs holding the shelves are also steel, equally sturdy. Each vertical leg comes in two pieces and the joints go in tight. This product is solidly built. So, great value for money. Now I have 3 of these shelves. Someone commented the plastic sleeves keep sliding down, but I did not have any problems-- you just need to be a little careful in placing them. Also, I assembled the shelves upside-down, i.e. with the 'lip'-side down so I can stack more and easily slide off the boxes when needed. Engineering-wise, I do not see any problems either way you assemble it.
2. Legs have small plastic feet to keep it from scratching floors. Will they crack and break? Only time will tell.
3. Assembly was very easy and the instructions clear. The assembled product was not wobbly/ unstable.
4. Shelves can be easily located at every 1 inch distance. The 4 metal tubes at the end of each shelf jam into 4 black plastic sleeves that you see in the picture. Relocating the shelves later was also easy: after using for an entire day, we decided to change the levels for better stacking. The sleeves and the shelves did not jam-up and the change was easy to make.
5. Looks good for a dorm room, bedroom, or a garage.

Cons:
1. Goes 3ft wide by 4 1/2 ft high. Would have preferred at least 5 1/2 ft high.

HooToo iPhone 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive with Lightning Connector External Storage Memory Expansion for iPads iPods Computers
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $119.99
3 used & new from $57.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, June 13, 2016
Wow, it does everything that I could only do on your PC and could not do on my iPhone. Play music and videos in most formats. Great purchase. I did not notice any lag in video play back.

Aromatherapy Shalimar Collectible Fragrance Oil Aroma Burner Incense
Aromatherapy Shalimar Collectible Fragrance Oil Aroma Burner Incense

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but not Shalimar., June 13, 2016
It is not Shalimar but only has a hint of it. It 'reminds' you of Shalimar. Not a bad fragrance so I will use it, but not buy again. I am disappointed it is not Shalimar. Now I need to start searching again.

Orange Blossom - French style - 2695 - Premium Grade Fragrance Oil - Supply Concentrated - High Performance - 2 Oz (60 ml) - Special Promotion - FREE Shipping
Offered by Paris Fragrances & Cosmetics Supplies, INC - Paris Fragrances USA
Price: $8.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good., June 13, 2016
Not Orange Blossom! Smells more like a detergent. The seller is from Florida so I thought they would know what Orange Blossom smells like.

Engraved / Personalized Parker IM Black Fountain and Ballpoint Gift Pen Set
Engraved / Personalized Parker IM Black Fountain and Ballpoint Gift Pen Set
Offered by DayspringPens
Price: $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Gift item, May 21, 2016
Positives:
+ Arrived way ahead of time.
+ Looks great. Color is deepest blue than pure black which, in my opinion, looks better.
+ Words inscribed/ engraved are exactly as seen at the time of the order.
+ The ball point pen worked just fine. Fountain pen does not come with ink so I did not get to check it.

Negatives:
- Amazon's process-- I did not get the customization/ inscription information in the order confirmation email. So I was worried if they really got it right, especially as we cannot return an item with inscriptions.
- Did not test ink-chamber for leaks, or if the nib works. Ink-chamber is ordinary-- i.e. it does not have the flexible ink-tube to make ink-filling easier.
- Made in China.

Cable Matters 5-Pack, Gold Plated RCA Male to Female Split Adapter
Cable Matters 5-Pack, Gold Plated RCA Male to Female Split Adapter
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product., May 21, 2016
Good product. Works well. However, once in a rare while it gives a humming sound that is quickly removed by giving the cable a slight tug. This was not a problem before, so I am thinking this is caused by the contact points of this product. As I needed only two, I have 3 extras in case the problem becomes serious.

Casio TQ140 Travel Alarm Clock - Bla Clock Radios
Casio TQ140 Travel Alarm Clock - Bla Clock Radios
Offered by Watchtronics
Price: $10.28
9 used & new from $7.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., August 25, 2015
Really good, small, travel clock. I have used it for 5 years now and bought another one just in case I lose one in travel. Really good battery life too.

Joseph Abboud Men's 5-Pack Sport Briefs (36-38), White)
Joseph Abboud Men's 5-Pack Sport Briefs (36-38), White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, August 25, 2015
Great fit and great product.

Taylor Precision Products Classic Series Large Dial Thermometer (Freezer/Refrigerator)
Price: $6.54
46 used & new from $2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., August 25, 2015
Wow, I should I have bought this earlier to keep my veggies fresh. There is nothing like seeing how the temperature is different in various parts of the fridge and how it differs when it is full, or when some of the racks are packed on the back side. Also I saw how clear ventilation at the outside back of the fridge immediately improved the cooling = lower electricity bill. The temperature read out stabilizes in a matter of a minute or so (but more the very first time you use it). The only problem is that my fridge is not designed to easily place it anywhere-- the top hook finds no use. And when the fridge is full, it can get lost. I wish there was some kind of a velcro or magnetic method to stick it out of the way. Although I am yet to figure it out.

Scotch Heavy Duty Shipping Packaging Tape, 1.88 Inches x 54.6 Yards, 8 Rolls (3850-8), 436YD (400 m)
Offered by PerfectDeal Outlet
Price: $26.75
24 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, August 25, 2015
This tape is probably the best possible. Very strong and durable. I have bought at least thrice. The sticking is fantastic on paper boxes as well as Styrofoam. The tape does not break, like some others do when you apply a lateral tearing force, like you may apply when tearing cloth. Which makes it slightly difficult to cut, but worth the extra efforts in terms of safety.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4