Profile for dagnirath > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dagnirath RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fluval 405 External Canister Filter - 110V, 340 gallons per hour
Fluval 405 External Canister Filter - 110V, 340 gallons per hour
Offered by EntirelyPets

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of amazing, February 19, 2014
I got this for my water turtle's 55-galon tank, and it works amazingly! I was using 2 or 3 back-of-the-tank filters before, and I can say that the fluval is much more efficient and quieter. The set-up was much more involved than the filters I've been using, but it's worth it. The tank is clearer that it's ever been, too. One thing I would say is that if you're about to buy a 405, you should also buy a spare ceramic impeller shaft (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00025YW9I/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_2), because it's not covered in the 3-year warranty and it breaks fairly regularly. I didn't, mine did, and my turtle had to survive on nothing but a filter meant for a 20-gallon tank for a week before I got a replacement. All in all, though, probably the best investment I've ever made for my turtle's tank.

Find The Cat Game Free
Find The Cat Game Free

3.0 out of 5 stars meh, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Find The Cat Game Free (App)
It was fun and challenging the first time around, but once you know where they all are you can beat even the insane level in seconds. I beat everything in a day or so, and then didn't touch it for nearly a year. I forgot I even had this. If you're looking for a good hidden-object game, you might want to go elsewhere.

Tiny Tribe - LOST Adventures
Tiny Tribe - LOST Adventures

4.0 out of 5 stars Not at all what i was expecting, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Tiny Tribe - LOST Adventures (App)
I picked this up because I have and love Virtual Villagers: Origins. I was hoping for something similar, but this blew my expectations away. There's just so much to build, and to explore, and to do! I've been playing for a couple of weeks now and have most of the islands exposed, but I have a feeling that I'm nowhere near running out of quests.

I just wish I could say 'No' to the facebook quest, because I will NEVER let a game bug my friends. That's actually not why I took away a star. I have a battery meter installed, and it tells me the exact battery usage of each app. Most non-system apps use about 2-3% on average, but tiny tribe takes up 12-15% on average. That may not sound like much, but it cuts my battery life down by about half. Still worth it, though.

Plague Inc.
Plague Inc.
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow... just wow..., February 18, 2014
This review is from: Plague Inc. (App)
I never thought I'd have this much fun wiping out the world, but I was up until about 3 am when I first got the Plague, just trying to see what it takes to cause a pandemic. Of all the games on my kindle AND my smartphone, this is the ONLY one I would, and have, willingly paid money for bonus content (zombie virus? YES!). The endless challenge of 7 unlockable plagues, plus the zombie virus and mind-control worms, on 3 different difficulty levels, and the recent addition of real-world scenarios means you can wipe out the world several dozen times over before things get old. My only complaints are these: the 9-character limit for naming plagues is kind of lame (I run out of good ideas), and I wish you could learn more about a country before deciding where to start your plague (that's probably just me). All in all, 99 coins very well-spent.

Jelly Splash
Jelly Splash

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, even if it was short-lived, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Jelly Splash (App)
I picked this up when it was free + free amazon coins. I don't know if it still is or not. I saw where everyone was saying wouldn't let you past level 40, but, hey free coins. it'll be fun for a while, at least. And it was. I like the jelly-matching game mechanics, and, despite the cartoony colors, I wouldn't exactly call it a kids game. Some of those levels are HARD!

The wait for lives to regenerate got somewhat annoying, and the "facebook or pay up" thing pretty much killed it, but I saved my in-game coins, so I didn't stop until level 60. I do still play, on occasion, but it's just trying to collect the stars I've missed. All in all, not bad, but nothing to spend money on.

Cryptic Keep
Cryptic Keep
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars ...interesting..., February 18, 2014
This review is from: Cryptic Keep (App)
Upside: the premise is interesting and the graphics are pretty good. Makes it an interesting time-waster.
Downside: no hints?! Seriously, the only help if I get stuck is to watch the walkthrough and ruin the whole game?! Laaaaame!

2 Pcs Hunger Games Retro Bronze Mockingjay Pin Brooch
2 Pcs Hunger Games Retro Bronze Mockingjay Pin Brooch

2.0 out of 5 stars You may want to look elsewhere., January 8, 2014
The stamps said that it came from Hong Kong, which I found interesting. Unfortunately, it looked like the pins had just been jammed together, wrapped in bubble wrap, and shoved into a bubble mailer. When I unwrapped them both pins were bent at a 45 degree angle. I was unhappy, but thought I could just bend the pins back. It worked with one, but the other broke off. To add insult to injury, I found out that the one i did straighten had a misshapen pin, so I couldn't even get the pin back on! The happy ending to this tale of woe is that I was able to sand down the warped pin, and I know someone who can wire wrap the pinless one and turn it into a necklace.

Jetpack Joyride
Jetpack Joyride

4.0 out of 5 stars I <3 Barry Steakfries, November 7, 2013
This review is from: Jetpack Joyride (App)
I always thought this game looked a bit on the lame side, until I actually tried it. It's similar to Temple Run, in the fact the goal is not to win but survive as far as possible.Unlike Temple Run, our hero is fully customizable, from the jetpack to the power-ups to his outfit (knight's helm and purple dress, anyone?). It's also a side-scrolling game, which you don't see much anymore. WHY ARE YOU STILL SITTING THERE? GO MASH THAT BUY NOW BUTTON ALREADY!

Halo Spot's Stew Natural Dry Cat Food, Sensitive Cat, Seafood Medley, 6-Pound Bag
Price: $17.19
8 used & new from $17.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, Amazon, November 7, 2013
The only dry food that agrees with my cat's sensitive stomach, at a much better price than the pet stores, and scheduled so I don't have to worry about getting it. Now, if I could do the same for my turtle, I'd never have to set foot in Petco again.

Halo, Spot's Stew for Cats, Succulent Salmon, 5-1/2-Ounce, 12-Can
Halo, Spot's Stew for Cats, Succulent Salmon, 5-1/2-Ounce, 12-Can
Price: $22.93
5 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, Amazon, November 7, 2013
The only wet food that agrees with my cat's sensitive stomach, at a much better price than the pet stores, and scheduled so I don't have to worry about getting it. I just wish I could do the same for the other flavors she likes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3