Profile for Dire_Wolf > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dire_Wolf RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Accu-Gage H60X Professional Tire Pressure Gauge with Protective Rubber Guard (60 PSI)
Offered by Jazebra
Price: $18.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Made In China But Suprisingly The Gauge Has A Real Sturdy Feel, December 31, 2013
The Gauge feels like it is well put together. Cloth wrapped hose, fits onto valve stem with no air leakage, the lens is plastic but it is a thick plastic. The gauge has a lifetime guarantee, just save the cardboard insert for the gauge. I'm not sure about it's accuracy but I have a feeling that it is spot on, but will compare it to my mechanics professional digital gauge when I get time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2014 2:13 PM PST

Zojirushi CD-LCC50BA Panorma Window Miciom Electric Dispensing Pot, 5-Liter, Black
Offered by PowerforApple
Price: $179.95
4 used & new from $161.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Chemical Taste In The Water, December 18, 2013
I want to like this product, I want to give it five stars, but that fact that I am on my second unit and am still having water that tastes of chemicals forces me to give it a two star rating. Upon arrival of both units I mixed up 7.5 grams of citric acid powder and ran a cleaning cycle, dumped the water and refilled again with tap water, brought the water to a boil, and dumped that water. I than used bottled spring water to fill the machines up for the taste test and found once the water reached 208 degrees F that in both units I was getting a chemical taste and odor from the water. I mixed up some more citric acid powder in warm water and ran another cleaning cycle, dumped, rinsed, and refilled again with bottled spring water but even after two cleaning cycles and two rinse cycles I was still getting a taste of chemicals in the water. I want this machine to work as it would make a lazy man happy but I am at a loss as what to do, obviously the second machine is going back to amazon, but I am debating on whether or not to exchange it or just get a refund.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 27, 2014 8:07 PM PDT

GE Lighting 62716 90-Watt 1900-Lumen Outdoor PAR38 Halogen Flood Light Bulb, 25-Degree Beam Spread, White
Price: $17.28
20 used & new from $12.38

4.0 out of 5 stars MADE IN THE USA!, November 16, 2013
Hella bright white light with minimal wattage used. The price is a little steep but considering that these bulbs are made in the USA it's all good in the hood. They have a nice broad beam as a flood light should and do a good job of pissing off the neighbors every time my motion light comes on. ;)

Zojirushi SJ-SHE10 Stainless Steel Tuff Sports Bottle, 32-Ounce
Zojirushi SJ-SHE10 Stainless Steel Tuff Sports Bottle, 32-Ounce
Price: $29.45
11 used & new from $27.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Slick Desighn, November 16, 2013
To start with it is much smaller and lighter than what I expected something that can hold 32 ounces of liquid. The form and functionality of all moving parts is superb. The handle is a what feels to be a solid piece of rubber that is securely attached to the bottle and only sticks out about 1.25"(inside dimension-inside dimension) when fully opened and simply snaps close with a push of the blue 'button'. The mouth of the bottle is tapered so it is not the same diameter as the inside of the bottle but you should be able to fit normal freezer ice tray size ice cubes in it. The bottle is leak proof as long as you follow the directions on how much liquid to fill it with. I noticed that the cap gets warm due to heat escaping throw the uninsulated stopper but even with that draw back it kept my coffee hot till I poured out the last bit after the bottle was sitting in a 68 degree room seven hours later. The coffee was noticeably not as hot as when I first poured the coffee into the it but I still had to take small sips of coffee to avoid burning my mouth. To be fair I only preheated the bottle for about five minutes with hot tap water. If you need a laugh read the instruction manual as it is full of inane common sense warnings. For the price I paid I am very happy with it as long as the bottle holds up for at least five years.

On the box it states as follows that is has a heat retention of 174 degrees F @ six hours and 129 degrees F @ 24 hours with these figures being based off of a starting temperature of 202 degrees F at a room temperature of 68 degrees F. Again from the packaging it states the bottle has a cold retention of 46 degrees F @ six hours with the rating being based on water at a starting temperature of 39 degrees F at a room temperature of 68 degrees F.

Could someone explain to me why this bottle can't be fully submerged in water?

Castor & Pollux Good Buddy USA Rawhide Bone, One 8-9 Inch Bone
Castor & Pollux Good Buddy USA Rawhide Bone, One 8-9 Inch Bone
Offered by TheNewMall
Price: $17.86
2 used & new from $17.86

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% MADE IN THE USA They Smelled so good I licked one just to see what it tasted like, not bad., May 16, 2013
My German Shepherd Dog made short work of these, it took him about an hour to completely devour one bone. They are coated/soaked in Chicken 'flavoring'? so it made them even more doggy crack like, lol. I payed attention to his stools the following couple of days and didn't notice any chunks of undigested rawhide. I have had bad experiences in the past with lesser quality bones.(Though this is the only one I licked)

I will continue to purchase these for my pup in the future, Don't buy Chinese or Mexican made/assembled rawhide. Won't somebody think of the chemicals that go into processing these lesser quality bones? Can you say cancer!?

JLab JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black / Electric Blue)
JLab JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black / Electric Blue)
Price: $6.49
4 used & new from $6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product For The Price, Made In China, May 16, 2013
I have purchased similar priced ear-buds in the past and I will say that these surprised me in the quality of the construction. The wire is of good a thickness, and has a 'slip ring' to adjust the spread of the 'v' of the wires enabling you to snug the wire tight to your chin if desired. Similar priced ear-buds I have owned had a much thinner/more fragile wire which is prone to kinking/tangling. The headphone jack plugs into your device at a 90 degree angle so it is susceptible to damage.

Read lots of reviews on the quality of the sound of these ear-buds and all I can say is they sound pretty good for the price point. If your using them with an iPod I would suggest going into your EQ settings and selecting bass reducer. If you play around with your EQ settings on your device you will get a halfway decent sound reproduction from these though whatever I tried the mid range still sounded muddy and the highs were a little flat, but for the price I can't complain(similar priced ones I have had could not handle near the volume of these without distorting). I'm curious to know if head phones sound better over time like normal house speakers(speakers require a break in period to reach there full potential) They are much louder than the stock iPod ear buds.

Weber 7447 Compact Rapidfire Chimney Starter
Weber 7447 Compact Rapidfire Chimney Starter
Price: $10.99
14 used & new from $10.43

5.0 out of 5 stars MADE IN CHINA, But suprsignly a quality product for the price., April 12, 2013
The handle is very well attached to the 'can'. The heat shield is of a heavy metal opposed to the metal the 'can' is made of is very thin and flexible but should hold up well to years of use if taken care of. The grate in the bottom in which the coals rest on is very heavy wire(maybe 8gauge??) and is shaped into a cone instead of just being a flat grate like a lot of other char coal lighters out there.

For the price you can't do much better, even though it is it made in China I feel it still deserves the Weber name.

PetSafe Accessory Pack for Fencing Collars, RFA-281
PetSafe Accessory Pack for Fencing Collars, RFA-281
Offered by BuyDBest Inc.
Price: $9.40
22 used & new from $4.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Would of liked to see the the rubber gasket included in this set too, April 12, 2013
Has everything I need to bring back a ten year old stubborn dog collar back to life except for the rubber 'O' ring that seals the battery cover. Find it amazing that this is not included as the 'O' ring has a tendency to dry out over time and can be easily lost.

It comes packaged loosely in a small zip top seal bag. One other interesting point to note is that there are two different styles of plastic washers included in the pack. One has a flat top that positions the prongs straight up and down where the other set of washers has a slight angle to it that positions the prongs at a slight angle from each other. I assume this is to direct the pressure of the prongs more evenly across the dogs neck opposed to wear the flat top washers would directly force the pressure downwards onto the dogs neck. Hopefully this makes sense, as of now I am trying out the angle topped washers to see if they are more comfortable for 'Killer'.

It is a bit pricey but Amazon has the cheapest price, thanks Amazon for not being bothered by thin profit margins. (just listened to NPR today,4/12/13, about Amazon.com.)

Dynarex Piston Irrigation Syringe 60 cc - each
Dynarex Piston Irrigation Syringe 60 cc - each
Offered by VetmedUSA
Price: $2.79
12 used & new from $2.78

4.0 out of 5 stars A Standerd 3oz. Irriagation Syringe That is supposedly sterile and MADE IN CHINA., April 12, 2013
First off I'm a little concerned if I should have even gotten this product without a prescription from a medical doctor as the packaging clearly states on the front "Federal Law(USA) restricts this device for sale by or on the order of a physician". Little concerned with this as I just placed the order for the product with no questions from the seller of my intended use/or whether I had a prescription for the product.

The product is marked in 'cc' intervals which the graduations are near impossible to read. The syringe holds a max of 3 ounces of fluid which is perfect for my intended use(doping my gas tank with injector cleaner). The syringe comes in a sealed plastic bag and is sterile unless the packaging has been opened.

Wysong Growth Dog Food Case, 32-Pound
Wysong Growth Dog Food Case, 32-Pound

3.0 out of 5 stars Concerns With Quality, March 29, 2013
I have been feeding my German Shepherd Dog(GSD) this particular food now for three months and his stools are still inconsistent, some are loose an some are well formed, more on the very loose end. I can't fully blame this on the food as this particular breed is known for having sensitive stomachs. I don't feed my dog anything other than Wyong Growth, no human food what so ever, no raw hides, bones, just biscuits from Old Mother Hubbard.

The last batch I received had pieces of rice that were not fully ground up as well as other stringy matter poking out of the Kibble and just smelled a tiny bit different(earthy smell not bad just different) than the other batches of Wyosong Growth I had fed previously. I was a bit alarmed by this as never having seen this happen in all the eleven years I had fed my last GSD. I contacted Wysong about this issued asking Wysong about this and it took them a week to get back to me. Their response was the food was fine, from time to time rice will get past the screen not getting ground up fully, or something very close to that. The whole time I was waiting for a response from Wysong I continued to feed my pup the food, noticing no adverse reactions to it, other than the normal loose/well formed stools. Last night my dog had a bout of explosive diarrhea, which to be fare may not have been caused by Wysong Growth but I have my suspicions. Other than the diarrhea he is fine, I haven't taken him to see the doc but have decided to go to a grain free food(Orijen Puppy) and hopefully I will have better results with this.

You may ask why I continued to feed him this food for three months if I was not happy with it, well out of the four foods I tried to feed him initially this was the only one that he would actually eat. My last dog was on a prescription food for most of her life(she had IBS) and I was trying to avoid spending over a hundred dollars a month on dog food or I would have started him off on Orijen.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2013 10:12 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3