Profile for Tara > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tara RSS Feed (Newtown, PA)

Home
Home
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $10.29
119 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars if you liked the B @ T's song..., December 27, 2004
This review is from: Home (Audio CD)
I noticed a lot of folks liked "Breakfast at Tiffany's", then some either liked the rest of it and some didn't. If you like that song (and it is kinda catchy), you are highly likely to like Pop Art, a band I really enjoyed in the mid-late eighties. There is a retrospective CD available, so it's not like you have to go a-hunting for old vinyl. When B@T came out, it was killing me how much it sounded like a Pop Art song. Thought I'd share that obscure gem with anyone who might be reading these reviews!

The Miracle Worker
The Miracle Worker
DVD ~ Anne Bancroft
Price: $9.46
50 used & new from $5.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kids, September 15, 2004
This review is from: The Miracle Worker (DVD)
This review specifically addresses viewing by children, in response to an earlier review by a teacher who found that her students had difficulty watching the movie. I have only used an N of one (my daughter), so this is anecdotal, but she is six years old and we just rented The Miracle Worker this weekend, and she loved it so much she asked me to purchase a copy, which is why I am on the site today. We did talk during the movie to process what was going on, but she was thoroughly enthralled and really got it, including the larger commentary on how society sees the handicapped. By far and away, this beats the MaryKateAshleyHilary stuff out there that's targeted at young girls. I highly recommend this for family viewing!