Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for kno-it-all > Reviews

Browse

kno-it-all's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kno-it-all RSS Feed (Colorado)

Page: 1 | 2
OtterBox Defender Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S III - Retail Packaging - Purple (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by GoTek
Price: $32.36
3 used & new from $32.36

1.0 out of 5 stars Plastic screen bad for touchscreen phone, too bulky, October 6, 2015
OttoBox does a great job protecting your phone from drops, but this case is overkill in a bad way. It has a protective screen on it that made it nearly impossible to use my touchscreen. The protective screen doesn't sit flat on your phone's screen, so every time you move your finger across the screen you have to push hard to get the plastic to touch the screen. Additionally, the plastic has a lot of resistance against your finger. If you like to use Swype to type, it'll feel uncomfortable as your run your finger across the screen. This case will not protect your phone from water or rain, so if you do get it, just cut the protective screen off and get a regular screen protector. Finally, this case is way too bulky. I recommend the Commuter Series (OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S III - Purple) over this one because it is smaller and doesn't have the terrible screen.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2015 9:59 AM PDT

Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder, Natural Beige 60
Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder, Natural Beige 60
Offered by The Super Spot
Price: $11.47
14 used & new from $7.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, poor shipping packaging, October 6, 2015
I love the Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder. It's easy to apply, and I've noticed it helps keep my skin clear. It's not too heavy when it goes on, so I don't feel like I'm announcing to the world that I'm wearing makeup, but it does a great job at smoothing out my skin and keeping away the shine. It was also easy to match the color to my skin, which I appreciate. I'm giving this 4 stars because when I ordered this online, it arrived in minimal packaging which resulted in the cake arriving in pieces. It was impossible to apply once the cake cracked, so I could only use about 20% of the product. Be careful when ordering this online, realize that it may come damaged. If I have to order this online again, I'll try to order it ahead of time so I can return it if it arrives broken again.

Lodge L8DD3 Double Dutch Oven and Casserole with Skillet Cover, 5-Quart
Lodge L8DD3 Double Dutch Oven and Casserole with Skillet Cover, 5-Quart
Price: $34.99
31 used & new from $34.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Dutch Oven, Great Functionality!, October 6, 2015
I use this primarily to bake bread, and I love it! It's great construction, and I love the fact that the lid is also a skillet. When I use it to bake bread, I flip it upside down and bake the bread on the skillet lid. It makes it easier to remove the loaf after baking, and it lets the steam out right away so I get a nice rustic crust! I've always wanted Le Creuset cookware, but couldn't bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars on it...then I saw this for $35. Sure, it's not a pretty as the colorful Creuset cookware, but I can use it upside down! And I get a 3-in-1 cookware piece that is essential for a kitchen that is short on space. Whenever I cook with it, I offset the handles so I can separate the pieces easily, and always remember to keep your cast iron treated. My sourdough loaves bake into 1.5 lb loaves, and I've also cooked a whole chicken in this thing. You really can't go wrong with this Dutch Oven.

Here's some helpful dimensions:
Pot--4.5 inches tall, 9.5 inches diameter at the lip, 8.75 inches at the base
Skillet--1.75 inches tall, 9.5 inches diameter at the lip, 8 inches diameter at the base
5-quart
Comment Comment | Permalink

[Newest Version] KEDSUM Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphones Noise Cancelling Earbuds Headset Earphones with Microphone Hands-free Calling & Say Yes or No to Pick or Reject Call
Offered by KEDSUM
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap quality, bad connection, October 6, 2015
I really wanted to like this headset. I bought these for $16.99. Yes, cheap. All I wanted was good sound and battery life. I wanted to give it 4 stars right out of the box because I noticed how cheap the quality was. They worked great the first time I tried them (yay 4 stars!), but after that I noticed they had trouble maintaining a connection (down to 3 stars). If I turned my head to the side, they would cut out. Sometimes they would beep to indicate a weak connection (even though my phone was less than 3 ft away). A few times it would pair with the phone, but there was no audio or voice (once it took me 20 minutes to get it to pair correctly). When it did have a good connection, the sound quality was great. Unfortunately, I don't know about the battery life, nor did I try the voice commands. Mine came in a clear plastic packaging, with a total of 3 sizes for the ear buds, a short USB charging cable, and instruction pamphlet. I had to return this product after a few uses because the bad connection was unbearable (and that's why I give it 2 stars). This is a China product that you can probably buy for $5 at the Silk Market--it is bi-lingual, both Chinese and English.

Pros:
--Good quality sound (not the best, but good), loud sound, and good noise cancelling
--Fast charge time
--Fit, very comfortable, did not slip out during long runs
--Inexpensive

Cons:
--Cheap quality, feels cheap, buttons are flimsy (and they can be hard to operate)
--Bad bluetooth connection (this was my deal-breaker)--either bad pairings, or poor connections, or both
--Power-on/shut-down voice very loud (always the same volume, cannot change)

Canon PIXMA MX892 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Canon PIXMA MX892 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax
Offered by Hollister Y
Price: $485.86
13 used & new from $188.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you want in an everything printer., June 4, 2012
Ordered this through Amazon, standard shipping, got it 1 day later. I couldn't get this faster if I bought it in a store!

The printer is amazing. Set-up was easy, I just followed all the steps in the pamphlet, and then the set-up screen on the printer itself. It does come with a CD (software installation if you want to use all of the printer's functions, mostly photo enhancement and editing capabilities), but it's not required for regular printing. It's really simple to connect to the printer wirelessly through your computer.

The main reasons why I wanted this printer were: wireless, and auto duplex copy and printing. And so far, I am happy! Of course, with all auto-duplexing printers, as they get older the chance that the duplex hardware will fail increases. So, we'll see how long this lasts, but I have good hopes for the best. The printer is sturdy and seems very well built. It is easy to use, and has a lot of options for use. There is even a port on the side to put momory cards and USB drives directly into the printer, so you don't even need a computer! It also has the ability to connect to your phone so you can print things off your phone. Finally, if you want a fax, this thing connects to a phone jack and acts as a fax machine.

The only thing I don't like about this printer, is the size. I wish it were smaller, but I guess the size is a function of that auto-duplexing I like so much. It has a tray under the print-feed out that stores all the paper for printing; but if you want to print a photo or something that is non-standard size (ie. an envelope), it needs to be fed through the tray that opens up in the back. So if you thought you could put the printer flush against a wall, you would be sadly mistaken. The back tray is also necessary for printer head alignment (you get 2 sheets of "special" papers that you need for this task...I'm not sure where you can get more if for some reason you need to align the heads more than twice for some reason). So if you have a small office, pay attention to the size dimensions listed by amazon (it's also pretty heavy).

Bottom line: if you want the function of one of those mega-printers from your office in your home, this is one of the best out there. But pay attention to where you want to put it in your home, it's larger than most home-office printers.

Linksys N900 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router with Gigabit & USB Ports, Smart Wi-Fi App Enabled to Control Your Network from Anywhere (EA4500)
Offered by 100squared
Price: $63.79
207 used & new from $28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy set-up, wonderful router, June 4, 2012
Ordered this through Amazon, standard shipping, and recieved it 2 days later. Packaged well and the fastest shipping I could ask for!

The router itself is everything I want. I've used linksys routers in the past, and they've all been a bit of work to set up. This one, however, took only 2 minutes to set up, and I was able to connect all my wifi toys in minutes. I got this to replace another lynksys router that had issues with re-boots (it would kick me off the internet every hour or so). This router, however, projects a strong, fast signal everywhere in my house (3 stories with a basement). It runs relatively cool for a router, which is nice. It's small, light and asthetically pleasing. I'm not sure what the "app-enabled" part of the router is, from the best I can tell, it's the Cisco Connect program that walks you through the easy-setup. Other linksys routers had you set everything up with your web browser; this one has a program that does it all for you. It's a much nicer user-interface.

Practical Research: Planning and Design (9th Edition
Practical Research: Planning and Design (9th Edition
by Paul D. Leedy
127 used & new from $0.67

3.0 out of 5 stars bought for class, well written, July 6, 2011
I don't really have much to say about this book other than, it's a text book about research...it covers all the basics and is written well enough that it's easy to read. It's not obnoxiously long either, which is nice (it doesn't have a lot of fillers to make the book longer). I do feel that I could take my class successfully without this book...I didn't get this book until halfway through my course because the first one never arrived. According to the USPS tracking website, the tracking number for this shipment didn't exist, so when I called amazon about the discrepancy they shipped me a new book for free. Gotta love amazon customer service!

Premium Clear Soft Silicon Gel Skin Case Cover for the Apple iPod Nano 6 Gen
Premium Clear Soft Silicon Gel Skin Case Cover for the Apple iPod Nano 6 Gen
Offered by iShoppingdeals
Price: $4.99
3 used & new from $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, doesn't really protect anything., December 28, 2010
It's just a flimsy silicone cover that has 2 large holes cut in it (one for the screen, 1 for the back), and the entire bottom is cut out (for the aux and charger ports), and 3 holes on the top cut out for the buttons. Because of the shape of the Nano, this leaves you with a really flimsy cover that doesn't really stay on the Nano, and doesn't really protect anything. Iinstead, I recommend the Zagg (full body), and/or a protector that has the screen protection built in (and less holes).

Premium Flexible TPU Gel Skin Case Cover for the Apple iPod Nano 6 Gen, 6th Generation

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect cover for the new Nano., December 28, 2010
It's not one of those flimsy silicone cases, which makes it perfect for the new Nano. It is one full piece of plastic with 2 holes on the bottom (1 for the charger, and one for the AUX port), and a hole in the back for the clip to stick out. The screen is covered with this case, and so are the buttons on the top, which I really like. Everything is still easily accessable, I haven't had any problems using the top buttons. I do have to press a little harder to use the touch-screen functions, but once you figure it out, it's just like any other touch-sreen product. I can use the Nano with all chargers without taking off the case (it's fine with my docking speakers and just the regular charger). I have had some problems with some AUX jacks not being able to fit all the way into the Nano with the screen protector on (they're usually the cheap AUX jacks). No problem with head sets though.

Overall, I highly recommend this protector. I don't recommend buying one with the screen cut out, especially if it's one of those flimsy silicone ones. Because of the shape of the Nano, if the screen is cut out, you have a tiny strip of plastic "covering" the bottom edge of the Nano that gets caught on things and is more in the way than a protector.

Canon PowerShot SD1400IS 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Silver)
4 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little camera!, December 28, 2010
This is a wonderful little point-and-shoot camera. I bought this to replace an older PowerShot that finally died (had it for 6 years). If you've owned a Canon in the past, this camera is very similar to other Canons so you'll know what you're getting. Here's some Pros and Cons:

Pros:
--Very small, makes it easy to take anywhere
--Great lense
--Has a lot of picture features (like fisheye, sepia, color swap, party, reduced lighting...just to name a few)
--Large LCD screen
--Easy to figure out how to operate
--Takes pictures faster than my older Canon, even has the option for fast photography (for use at a sporting event)
--So far, the battery life is pretty good. I'm sure it's not the longest battery life around, but I was able to use it for a full day of touring around (in freezing cold weather), and the battery was only half used up. Of course, as the battery gets older, the charge gets shorter (but that's with any battery)
--The battery charger folds up to a small square that is easy to carry around, and has an indicator that tells you when it's done charging

Cons:
--No viewfinder (but, really, when do you ever use that thing with a point-and-shoot anyway?)
--(Although not a problem for me), the buttons are a little small, so if you don't like small buttons, you might not like these.
--They don't give you the USB chord to connect the camera to your computer, but it's one of those standard fire-wire chords which I already own about 5 of, so it's not a big deal, just kind of odd...

Overall, I highly recommend this camera. It's a geat deal and you won't be dissapointed (unless those cons really bother you).

Page: 1 | 2