Profile for Allissa Brown > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Allissa Brown RSS Feed (Houston, TX)

The Big Book of Juices and Smoothies: 365 Natural Blends for Health and Vitality Every Day (The Big Book of...Series)
by Natalie Savona
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $18.22
79 used & new from $6.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bible for beginners and up!, October 30, 2013
I thought this book had beautiful pictures, as well as standard "bible" info. They give you a couple plans for weekly routines, and sections on what types you should drink on ailments. I bought about 4-5 smoothie and juicing books from amazon as a new vitamin owned and this is my favorite!!

Superfood Smoothies: 100 Delicious, Energizing & Nutrient-dense Recipes
Superfood Smoothies: 100 Delicious, Energizing & Nutrient-dense Recipes
by Julie Morris
Price: $9.58
91 used & new from $8.66

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pictures but uncommon ingredients, October 30, 2013
All the smoothies in this book look phenomenal. However, almost every smoothie has uncommon ingredients. In order to start making smoothies from this book, I will probably have to spend quite a bit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2013 9:44 AM PDT

Allegiant (Divergent Book 3)
Allegiant (Divergent Book 3)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge disappointment, October 30, 2013
There of plenty lengthy reviews, so I will keep mine fairly brief.

It's unfortunate how much of a disappointment this was. The writing was extremely poor, the book rambled on, the ending was horrible, and not to mention predictable. I contemplated not finishing on multiple occasions, because it was really that bad. The first two were so good, that I really didn't expect the book to be poor.

It seems like Roth wrote the series "on the fly" without knowing the end until she began writing the third book. It just seemed like there were a lot of holes in the plan, and a lot of extraneous scenes that were built as space fillers. Not to mentioned the POV changes didn't work at all.

For those that read the first two, it's worth reading from a curiosity standpoint. However, I wouldn't recommend new readers pick this series up based upon Allegiant. It's a shame, because I have been an advocate of the series in the past.

Fossil Key-Per Small Tech Sleeve,Purple/Multi,One Size
Fossil Key-Per Small Tech Sleeve,Purple/Multi,One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Stylish, July 10, 2013
It does exactly what it's intended to do - protect my iPad and look fabulous. I've had this case for over a year now, and it looks just as great as the day I bought it. Highly recommended! My next iPad case will come from Fossil as well due to the great experience I have had with this one.

Pentel EnerGel Deluxe RTX Gel Ink Pens, 0.7 Millimeter Metal Tip, Assorted Colors,  6 Pack (BL77BP6M)
Pentel EnerGel Deluxe RTX Gel Ink Pens, 0.7 Millimeter Metal Tip, Assorted Colors, 6 Pack (BL77BP6M)
Price: $11.99
11 used & new from $7.16

5.0 out of 5 stars My all-time favorite, July 10, 2013
These are by far, my all-time favorite pens. I have tried everything and these top everything I've tried - I always find my self coming back to these.

1. The gel writes so smooth, and never picks up. With a lot of gels, I have to rewrite over parts of the word because the gel quit working. It ends up making your writing look sloppy and unproffesional.

2. Click pens are fantastic. Sometimes it is difficult to find great colored pens in click form, and these are the best on the market.

3. The ink dries quickly, so I never have a problem with smudging, unless I'm writing on a higher quality surface. Generally, the only paper I have issues with are glossy finishes - which any gel pen doesn't take to well.

4. I can use the entire pen. This is a huge selling point - a lot of gels stop working half way through use, and get thrown in the garbage. I can't tell you how many times I have run out of ink in these pens, and was so sad to have to throw them away.

Can't say enough how much I love these pens. I have driven all the way across town to Staples (1 hour) to get them, because my Office Depot doesn't carry them.

Michael Kors Women's MK5410 Bel Air Chronograph Blue Dial Watch
Michael Kors Women's MK5410 Bel Air Chronograph Blue Dial Watch
Offered by GMTINC
Price: $192.00
15 used & new from $191.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, January 27, 2012
Every time I wear this watch, I get compliments on it! It really is beautiful, and can surprisingly be worn with many things.

The only problem with the watch is the size of the links. Although it makes a beautiful design, it makes it hard to remove the links for a good fit. It's slightly big for me, but if I removed a link, it would be too small. I like how it fits, but I can see how it would start to get scratched since I wear it a little larger.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2012 6:41 PM PDT

Customer Centered Selling: Sales Techniques for a New World Economy
Customer Centered Selling: Sales Techniques for a New World Economy
by Robert L. Jolles
Price: $14.00
77 used & new from $3.72

5.0 out of 5 stars KNOW the selling process, August 14, 2011
Jolles really is a fantastic teacher. He shows you the selling process from a buyer and seller's perspective, and he uses great examples.