Profile for Doyle Clark > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Doyle Clark "reviewer geek" RSS Feed (Clarksville, TN USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars business necessity, December 7, 2013
Gary V does it again. This book is insanely detailed and useful. If Business Schools were half as responsive as they should be to social and technology evolution, then this book would be on all the Spring Semester reading lists. Having just launched a new Geek-centered blog / brand, I can verify that everything in this book applies to the humble blogger (maybe more than businesses selling a physical product).

Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker
Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)
Price: $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventurous and detailed, July 27, 2012
I thought I knew the story of Kevin Mitnick, but this book really opened my eyes. I was a "Free Kevin" supporter during the movement. This full telling of his story is amazing and more adventurous than most fiction books about "Hacking". It's also surprisingly detailed regarding his hacks...

Coil's Masonic Encyclopedia
Coil's Masonic Encyclopedia
by Henry Wilson Coil
Price: $64.67
20 used & new from $64.66

1.0 out of 5 stars Print on demand is not the way to go, February 12, 2012
This is a very cheap print on demand copy. I'm actually not sure how it's possible that Literary Licensing can legally sell it. This book is currently published by Macoy Publishing, and has been for over 20 years. The edition you purchase here is a scanned copy of someone's personal copy. Notes and underlines included. The binding is very cheap, mine had fallen apart by the time it got delivered. Purchase from macoy.com and pay only ten dollars more for a new copy that is well bound and will last for many years. I returned the damaged copy I received and took my refund to macoy.com and couldn't be happier.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2012 12:55 PM PDT

Artifacts Volume 1 TP
Artifacts Volume 1 TP
by Ron Marz
Price: $8.99
90 used & new from $1.94

1.0 out of 5 stars Content: YES, Construction: NO, May 29, 2011
This review is from: Artifacts Volume 1 TP (Paperback)
I love all the characters that fold into this mini-series. My review is not for the content, it's for the construction.

I read this through after purchasing with no issues, but 3 months later upon going back in to read again it fell apart almost instantly. The glue holding everything together just doesn't seem to be holding anything together. Can't recommend the Trade Paper Back of this series. Get it in single issues or wait it out and maybe there will be a Hard Cover for the complete series.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boards, September 22, 2010
Purchased a pack of 100 Bags and a pack of 100 Boards. I had no issues with quality at all. No tears, rips, or incident at all. Perfect snug fit every time. 1 positive 1 negative thing to these boards. Negative: they are a little rough around the edges, but running your fingers around the edges will clean it off in one pass. Positive: I actually received 105 boards.

BCW Current Comic Bags, 6 7/8 x 10 1/2"
BCW Current Comic Bags, 6 7/8 x 10 1/2"
Offered by MTGbiz
Price: $6.30
19 used & new from $1.44

5.0 out of 5 stars pack of 100 with no duds, September 22, 2010

100% Silk Woven Black Paisley Extra Long Tie
100% Silk Woven Black Paisley Extra Long Tie

5.0 out of 5 stars Highest Quality Tie I own., August 29, 2010
These ties are the highest in quality I've ever encountered. No, they're not some fancy designer name, but I would wager they'll have double or triple the lifespan of a considerably more expensive brand. Lots of colors and patters, but all with the same feel. If you're looking for a gift idea for somebody, skip on the Micky Mouse tie and instead pick up one or two of these.

100% Silk Woven Brown Paisley Extra Long Tie
100% Silk Woven Brown Paisley Extra Long Tie

5.0 out of 5 stars Highest Quality Tie I own., August 29, 2010

Spawn Origins Vol 2 TP
Spawn Origins Vol 2 TP
by Todd McFarlane
30 used & new from $2.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent example of creator owned storytelling!, August 29, 2010
This review is from: Spawn Origins Vol 2 TP (Paperback)
The issues contained in this trade are a prime example of the explosive story telling and artistic flair that took comic books in a great new direction in the 1990's. This trade is missing issues 9 and 10. Issue 9 introduces characters which will come back into the story but are not introduced properly or with relevance and would merely confuse a newcomer to Spawn trying to focus on the origin story of the "hero". Issue 10 is a comics industry dialogue about the advantages of properties being "creator owned". You get to spend a lot of time in this volume with the characters Det. Sam Burke and his partner Twitch. Two of the most interesting characters in the Spawn universe. I highly recommend every volume of the Spawn Origins series, and can't imagine picking up the first volume and not buying all of them.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2011 10:25 PM PDT

On Stage MSA7040TB Adjustable Microphone Boom, Black
On Stage MSA7040TB Adjustable Microphone Boom, Black
Price: $16.99
12 used & new from $15.64

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY helpful tool, October 4, 2008
Very helpful tool for my home studio. This connects my mic stand to my Peavey mic. I keep the stand actually in the corner behind my desk and use the telescoping boom to put the mic where I can use it. Solid feel, good construction. Recommend it for home studio use. While it's solid it's not very rugged, so I'm not sure how it would hold up to music gigs. Home studio applications are well benefited though.

-Doyle Clark