Profile for csm > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 368

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

csm RSS Feed (The great Midwest!)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dawn Ultra Antibacterial Hand Soap Dishwashing Liquid, Green, Apple Blossom Scent,  24 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Dawn Ultra Antibacterial Hand Soap Dishwashing Liquid, Green, Apple Blossom Scent, 24 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Offered by pjmims
Price: $14.19
17 used & new from $14.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Autumn Scent, best overall dish soap and household staple, July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is going to sound strange, but I love using this soap during the autumn months! I love and use Dawn all the time anyway, and I always get some of this apple scent for fall. Just makes me get the "warm fuzzies" with all of the other fall scents in the air. Dawn is amazing, and this one has the added benefit of the anti-bacterial. I don't normally recommend the anti-bac, simply because many doctors think it's causing immunity to antibiotics, so I usually use this scent in my soap dispensers in my bathrooms during the cold and flu season. Really. It gets off anything the kids can bring in on their hands from outside, cuts whatever dirt may hands find in my garden, and the grease from my husband's hands when he's working in the garage.

If you want to have some fun, give the kids a bottle of this and let them wash the grease off the garage floor - you just wouldn't believe the rainbows of "grease" that flow down the driveway with this stuff, and the giggles the kids have doing it. It just doesn't wash dishes - although it's simply outstanding for that, but it's one of those household staples that should always be in your cabinet in good supply. I've used it for everything from grease stains on clothing, to killing ants in the back yard. Not to mention that small squirt I put in my dishwasher each time I use it to make sure there's no grease clogging my pipes. And, this autumnal scent is just amazing.

If you're worried about ordering this from amazon because of how easy the lids can flip open, don't be. When mine arrived, they have a specially made cap of plastic over the top of the lid, which extended down to the next and was shrink wrapped. So, the lid cannot flip open and spill all over the box; AWESOME!

As you can tell, I use Dawn on a daily basis. Hands down, I'm a Dawn gal and plan on always being so. It's truly that great of a product and the ONLY product I will pay full price for when I'm out. HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend!

John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Colour Protecting Moisturizing Shampoo, 8.45 Fluid Ounce
Offered by STANDARD DEALS
Price: $5.70
15 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super nice, especially for hair coloring "accidents", July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In general, I've come to love John Frieda products. And, this one has been a lifesaver recently. I used Garnier hair color twice and, unfortunately, it burned the ends of my hair, a LOT of it! Anyway, I've been searching for something to tame down the frizzies since I don't want to have my hair so short that it's up to my scalp, and this stuff is awesome! It's designed to highlight your color, which it does, but overall, it is just so very moisturizing, kind of like Wen, if you've ever used that product. It doesn't "suds" up much, just goes in a gently cleans your hair without destroying it. I like it better than Wen - it just seems to clean my hair a lot better than the Wen.

One thing I thought that was unique is that it barely has a scent to it at all. Something I'm certainly not used to in shampoo. Kind of missed that, actually. Other than that, I'm going to be using this one for a long time. My curl is back, my hair is soft, and no longer looks like barbed wire. It's done everything that I hoped it would, and then some. Just a great product, not severely overpriced, just right there in the middle. Very glad to have it. HIGHLY recommend!

Turtle Beach Ear Force Z11 PC Stereo Gaming Headset (TBS-2145-011)
Turtle Beach Ear Force Z11 PC Stereo Gaming Headset (TBS-2145-011)
Price: $36.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sounding Headset, July 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice headset for gaming. They're very durable, the microphone quality is very high, they're comfortable, and provide such a relief from regular ear sets. The ear pieces have memory foam, which is a plus. You can hear conversation over the music very well, which is changeable with noise cancelling. The installation is very easy - all you have to do is plug in two cords and you're done. If you're wondering about these, they're a great started set for a young gamer, the volume doesn't go up into the mega decibels, and overall, is very manageable without deafening a child.

Just a nice set, glad to have it. Recommend!

Keurig, Caribou Coffee, Mahogany, K-Cup packs, 72 Count
Keurig, Caribou Coffee, Mahogany, K-Cup packs, 72 Count
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST robust I've found for the Keurig!, July 26, 2014
If you're like me and have been trying to no avail to find a coffee that brews strong enough for you in the Keurig, then look no further than this Mahogany by Caribou. Really, the name says it all - you can brew a cup of this on your highest Keurig setting, and you'll get a nice, rich, and robust flavor! I've been searching and searching for something and this, along with Tully's Italian roast, are the only two that I have found to be robust. But, it's not burned either - this Mahogany is just what Caribou has always been known for, which is a very rich, flavorful coffee. I just love this so much and once again, here in Central Ohio, we're not allowed to have much and well, this Mahogany is only available in one store that I've found so far. So, once again, Amazon to the rescue!

Try this one if you're looking for a robust coffee. However, it's too much for my husband who just likes his coffee to taste like hot chocolate. HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2014 7:25 AM PDT

Esschert Design CB6 Cast Iron Hoseholder
Esschert Design CB6 Cast Iron Hoseholder
Price: $46.38
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, Victorian-inspired hose holder, July 23, 2014
This is a gorgeous hose holder! We needed something nice because of the angle of our house on the lot, the hose actually shows to the street and people coming and going from 3 different angles can see it, and if it's messy. This holder fit the bill and then some! It's super strong, holds about 100 feet of hose, and just looks gorgeous. It doesn't come with any mounting hardware, or instructions, but it isn't too hard to figure out. We actually took it to our local hardware store and asked for advice on mounting, and the appropriate hardware.

Works like a dream, looks amazing and better than all of our neighbors' devices! Yeah! No more unsightly, plastic hose holders! I'm back to order a second one for the back of the house. HIGHLY recommend!

Windex Multi-Surface Cleaner Spray, Crystal Rain, 26 oz (Pack Of 2)
Windex Multi-Surface Cleaner Spray, Crystal Rain, 26 oz (Pack Of 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great window cleaner and bug killer!, July 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a pretty nice product. The scent is amazing - no more vinegar and water, or ammonia smell in your house! It works great on windows and french doors, and does a great job of killing flies too! However, if you have windows in your kitchen and you are cooking with grease, it does have trouble with removing grease on the first run. I had to spray it 3 times to get it completely streak free. It does not contain ammonia, which would cut through the grease, so keep that in mind before buying. What I normally do, even though it is a bit labor intensive, is put a drop of Dawn dish soap on a dampened paper towel, then I wash the window in my kitchen with that. It removes all the grease with just a swipe. After I rinse it a bit, if it needs it, I wipe it down again with Windex to make it shine.

Other than that, this is a very nice product and one that I plan on buying for years to come. I prefer Windex products to all others and this one is no different. Recommend!

David Seeds,  Jumbo Sunflower Ranch Flavor, 5.25-Ounce Bag (Pack of 12)
David Seeds, Jumbo Sunflower Ranch Flavor, 5.25-Ounce Bag (Pack of 12)
Offered by MegaPack
Price: $25.99
5 used & new from $14.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicting Baseball snack!, July 20, 2014
If you love sunflower seeds and ranch, this will be your lucky day! Boy, are these things great! We buy these for baseball and the boys fight over them in the dugout. Gets pretty funny sometimes, actually. Anyway, once you try these, you can't stop eating them. Just very flavorful, a great twist on an old favorite. HIGHLY recommend!

Victorian People and Ideas: A Companion for the Modern Reader of Victorian Literature
by Richard Daniel Altick
Price: $23.01
112 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for researching Victorian England, July 18, 2014
I am not quite sure what to say about this book, to be frank. Although it is a brief synopsis of the Victorian era and what the Brits were thinking during the time, I guess I was left with wanting to know a bit more. This book was first published in 1973, so as of this date, it is 41 years old. The author takes you through what was going on during the time, everything from briefly mentioning Florence Nightingale, to Charles Dickens, and the political viewpoints of the day. The author spends most of his time in London, telling us all about what was going on politically, socially, and via religion. It was quite interesting to see how the Victorians were easily swayed with "whatever was fashionable", particularly even when it came to their own belief system.

To truly understand English literature, this book definitely is something you should read to truly understand, in particular, Charles Dickens' books. But I thought it interesting how he left out so many authors, including Anne Bronte. He mentions that Charlotte and Emily's books were published in his chronology, but leaves out Anne's, which was also published that same year. There are quite a few oversights like that throughout this book so again, just keep in mind that this is NOT an exhaustive resource but instead, a 309 page synopsis or brief overview of the times. To complete your research, you'll definitely need some additional insights and resources.

Overall, a good book to have as a resource, which was quite helpful in my research. Recommend!

The Essential Handbook of Victorian Etiquette
The Essential Handbook of Victorian Etiquette
by Thomas E. Hill
Price: $8.06
97 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Super neat, wish it was longer, July 18, 2014
As another reviewer stated, this is etiquette as exercised in America during the Victorian years and not England. The only difference mentioned by the author was the amount of bridesmaids attendants we are allowed.

When you pick up this book and read it, the most obvious thing you'll notice is how different we are now. Not in a good way either. It just is so neat how the gentlemen treated the ladies at all times, both elevating them personally and cherishing them as well. It was pretty neat to see how the author made sure that his wife was truly the "lady of the house" and to defer all things of the home to her charge and knowledge. Thus, making sure he both edified her and also, causing his own success in both business and life. But, all men, no matter the situation, treated the ladies as if they were truly the "Queen of the ball." That would be nice to have back, that's for sure!

Anyway, if you need to learn a bit about the period, this is a great place to start. It is a very brief, somewhat wanting synopsis of Mr. Hill's full version, so it will make you want to read more. Just a great book to have. Recommend!

Anchor Hocking Presence 3-Piece Multi-Use serving Tray-Deep Serving Tray with Egg Insert and Veggie Insert
Offered by Stock Your Home
Price: $18.55
6 used & new from $13.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome large egg tray, USA MADE!, July 18, 2014
This is an awesome egg tray. I've been on the hunt for an egg tray that would hold more than just 12 deviled eggs. I've always wondered who only cooks 1/2 dozen eggs?!! Anyway, this guy hold 24 deviled 1/2 eggs, or 12 cooked eggs in case you're using it to dye your Easter eggs.

There is a glass deep bowl that holds either the egg tray, or you can use the plastic lunch meat/dip divided insert. This thing can even transport a pie if you'd like, a plate of brownies, or that unusual dip recipe you may have that you cannot find anything to fit it. The only thing I would add to this is a lid. I'm always transporting deviled eggs and would have truly loved having a lid so the Saran Wrap doesn't smash the tops.

Other than that, just a superb, very versatile tray. SO glad I found it! HIGHLY recommend!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20