Profile for boxwood100 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 226

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

boxwood100 RSS Feed (The great Midwest!)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kraft Tartar Sauce, 12-Ounce Squeeze Bottles (Pack of 6)
Kraft Tartar Sauce, 12-Ounce Squeeze Bottles (Pack of 6)
Price: $11.52
6 used & new from $11.52

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, June 1, 2015
This really isn't the best tartar sauce, but if Kroger's is out of McCormick's and I'm in a rush, then I will purchase this as a last resort. As others have noted here, there really isn't much flavor to it at all. It's just basically putting mayonnaise on your sandwich or fish, and not really that tart, zesty flavor that we crave in our tartar sauce. Kind of goes bad pretty quickly too - the fat separates in the bottle and well, that's appetizing, isn't it?

Just an 'okay' product, but most certainly, try McCormick's if you're into a robust sauce.

McCormick Tartar Sauce for Seafood - ORIGINAL - 8fl.oz. (Quantity 3)
McCormick Tartar Sauce for Seafood - ORIGINAL - 8fl.oz. (Quantity 3)
Offered by Smile 'n Save
Price: $19.50
3 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars House favorite for 50 years!, June 1, 2015
At the time of this review, amazon was asking almost $7 a jar for this stuff and as a point of reference, thought you might like to know that here in central Ohio, it goes for $1.67 a jar on sale, $2 if it isn't, at our local Kroger store. Just a bit high here on amazon at the moment.

However, that said, this is the only one I will buy. Period. It has always had that 'just right' tangy flavor that always brings out the best in any fish that I am preparing. I've tried the others but they just really taste like little more than mayonnaise to me, whereas this McCormick's brand is just a stand-out for sure. They do spices and well, this tartar sauce is just full of flavor. Been buying this on for YEARS, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Highly recommend!

Crest Complete Toothpaste, Peppermint Flavor (2 Count, 6.2 Oz Each)
Crest Complete Toothpaste, Peppermint Flavor (2 Count, 6.2 Oz Each)
Price: $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, perks you up better than caffeine!, June 1, 2015
This stuff is great! As another reviewer noted, it is a bit strong and really does have the ability to clear your sinuses! Hey, for allergy girl here, that's a plus! Anyway, this stuff does an amazing job of thoroughly cleaning your mouth and your teeth. It helps reduce the chances of gingivitis and since it has fluoride, cavities as well. Truly a nice new product, one that we've enjoyed quite a bit. Highly recommend!

Calumet Baking Powder, 7 Oz
Calumet Baking Powder, 7 Oz
Price: $2.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to find it on amazon!, June 1, 2015
I'm not sure what's going on with this product, but I cannot find it here in Ohio anymore. It's my favorite brand of all and I'm very glad that amazon carries it. I just think it lasts longer, is always dependable, even if you're just slightly past the expiration date. This has been a trusted brand in our family for many, many years and again, I'm glad to have finally found some more!

Super product, outstanding actually and I highly recommend it!

Simply Heinz Tomato Ketchup, 34 Ounce
Simply Heinz Tomato Ketchup, 34 Ounce
Price: $2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, June 1, 2015
This is a very good ketchup. I really cannot tell the difference between this one and their regular variety and actually, purchased this one by accident during a quick trip to the store. It's very flavorful, truly awesome on hot dogs and burgers, and great in my baked bean recipe as well. Just a superb product, been buying the other variety my entire life. Highly recommend!

Heinz Tomato Ketchup - 3/ 44 oz.
Heinz Tomato Ketchup - 3/ 44 oz.
Offered by Special Supply
Price: $16.45
29 used & new from $7.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best ketchup, June 1, 2015
There are some things I wonder - like how many bottles of this ketchup have I consumed in my lifetime? It's the one that we've used all of my life, and the one that is always first in the cart. Others may cost less, but the taste just isn't there in my opinion. This Heinz has more spice and well, just a bit more flavor than the others. Just a super product, one that has stood the test of time. HIGHLY recommend!

10 Hour Red Unscented Votive Candles Set of 72 Made in USA
10 Hour Red Unscented Votive Candles Set of 72 Made in USA
Offered by Shop A Candle
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful candles, burn for 12 hours!, June 1, 2015
These are super nice. Just don't be super shocked when you see how small they are in the box - they look almost like tealights in size but they most certainly do burn 10 hours or MORE, as long as you keep them out of a drafty area and contained within a proper votive holder. Actually, I've had one burning for 12 hours already and it is still going! Unfortunately, amazon still cannot figure out how to package candles and ship them properly, so mine arrived stuck together from the hot sun since they were left on my porch, with hunks of wax chipped out of the top row since they were not secure in any way in their original box. They were floating around all over the place and only had about 3 of those air pillows in there with them to protect them. Which, of course, did nothing for protection.

That aside, these are very nice candles and the red is the perfect Christmas red. If you're needing them for a wedding, they'll burn all night in wedding centerpieces as long as there are no fans in the facility. Really, really like these and I'm very glad that I've found these. I'll be buying more, that's for sure! By the way, even though they're unscented, they really do a good job on onion cooking odors. HIGHLY recommend!

Despicable Me
Despicable Me
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cute, LOVE the minions!, June 1, 2015
SO love this movie! So much so that I want a fuzzy little Dave minion of my own! They look pretty cute sitting on my window ledge in my kitchen. The movie is just so cute - a big, scary evil scientist is befuddled by a trio of orphaned girls, who are cruelly treated at the orphanage in which they reside. When Groo, the evil scientist, decides to adopt the girls so that they can help him steal the shrink ray gun he needs to steal the moon, you would think that their lives just became worse. Not so! They change his heart and mind, and the guy actually gets pretty great at being a dad.

Julie Andrews is funny as Groo's mother - not the role you'd think she'd take! Just one of those classic movies that is just so insanely cute that you have to watch it over and over again. Sure was a hit in this house - we bought the DVD! And, if you're looking for a lack of potty humor, this one is pretty good. There's only one place but it's actually pretty funny. The older evil British scientist that works for Groo made a "gas" gun, which when shot, smells like your local letrine and lets out dark brown smoke! Pretty funny though - Groo says, "I said a DART gun," you can fill in the rest of what the scientist actually made, complete with the appropriate sounds. Other than that, it's pretty clean. HIGHLY recommend!

Box of 12 Purple Taper Candles - 12 Inch Candles
Box of 12 Purple Taper Candles - 12 Inch Candles
Offered by Monster_Deals_USA
Price: $18.79
4 used & new from $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, beautiful candles, purple all the way through!, June 1, 2015
This set of candles is quite pretty. However, amazon still hasn't figured out how to ship candles at all and 9 out of the 12 were broken. Some in more than one place, and there was even huge chunks knocked out of them to the effect that they looked like a mouse was chewing on them! On a couple of them, it was so bad that you could see the wick in the middle of the candle.

The candle itself though is quite nice, and it burns for 8 hours in a non-drafty room. They are dripless, burn super easily, and are super nice for a nice occasion. The color is all the way through, no white whatsoever, and they just look beautiful on a spring table. They're not a super deep purple, like say the color of the Minnesota Vikings' uniforms, but a shade lighter, more spring like. That said, I wouldn't get them for an advent wreath - just not the correct shade of purple.

But, if you're having a wedding with a purple theme, these are just beautiful. As a note of caution, they come shipped in a very thin box from the manufacturer, so it isn't entirely amazon's fault. However, these were shipping in a box with a couple of those air packets and that's it. It was no wonder they arrived in such poor shape. I think if you place an order of other items along with these candles, then they just may arrive in good shape.

Nice product, one that I'm glad to have found. I just hope that amazon can figure out how to ship candles soon. Of the past 3 shipments, all three had problems with breakage, or being left in the sun to melt on my porch.

Wilson Adult Elastic Baseball Belt, Royal
Wilson Adult Elastic Baseball Belt, Royal
Price: $5.39
7 used & new from $4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Washes well, very durable, fits great!, June 1, 2015
This is a very nice belt for the money. The belt that came with our uniform was sub-par, to say in the least, and broke within two wearings. This one is thicker, more substantial, and in it for the long haul. One of those products that you are very glad to have found. Wilson has been around for years making baseball even better for all the players and this belt fits right in with their mission.

Highly recommend!!