Profile for csm > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 371

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

csm RSS Feed (The great Midwest!)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Now Designs Kitchen Style Basic Apron, Harvest Apples
Now Designs Kitchen Style Basic Apron, Harvest Apples
Price: $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great apron, just a nice change from the old ones, August 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have the matching oven mitts to this and they really make quite the set! This is an adorable apron - it's wonderful in the kitchen. Out of the box and on today, making bread and pizza dough and it protected my clothes very well. And, it washes like a dream without fading and it shrunk just a smidgeon. It covers nicely, however, if you are blessed abundantly in the front, then it can be a bit skimpy.

LOVE the pattern, so fitting for fall! HIGHLY recommend!

Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Garden Soil, 1 Cubic Foot
Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Garden Soil, 1 Cubic Foot
Price: $5.49
2 used & new from $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing for planting trees!, August 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Boy, is this stuff ever awesome! I'm coming back to buy more to finish out the rest of my gardens! What I've found this moisture control to be outstanding for is for planting trees. That's always one thing that after they're planted, I've always wondered if the water is actually getting down into the roots or if it's just standing there pooling on top of the mound, with the majority staying in the dug out well around it. With this moisture control dirt, they get the water they need, not too much either, and the additional nutrients as well. And the trees look amazing!

I bought a bunch of this stuff earlier this spring and have been very, very pleased with the results. You can tell which beds have it and which ones do not. My vegetable garden, although we have a VERY thick, nasty clay dirt, mixed with this moisture control makes the ground produce huge products. And, my flowers are huge in the front of my house!

In addition, if you have plants close to cement, be sure to try this too. That flashing kills plants and trees very quickly, but this dirt will help tremendously with that.

Just a wonderful product, one which I am sincerely grateful that I've found. HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Victorinox Swiss Army Steak Bundle 4-Piece Steak Knife Set and 7.5-Inch Santoku Knife
Price: $73.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb knives, hope they change the handles., August 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Probably one of the nicest sets of knives I own. I even like these better than my Cutco knives! They maintain their sharpness no matter what you use them for, and even the steak knives are just awesome for everyday use. Keep in mind, however, that they have this nasty plastic handle on them. Thus, my reason for the 4 stars instead of 5. You really wouldn't want to use these in a formal dinner setting - those handles really look cheap. But, for having the guys over for a barbecue or a game day party, they're perfect and amazing for that. In addition, I've had plastic handles like these before and they crack after a short period of time. Thus, making me toss the entire knife. I just think it's weird to toss a perfectly functioning item just because the aesthetics fail. Ugh!

In addition, the Santoku knife is a workhorse in the kitchen - cuts through chickens like butter, or anything else you can dream up. So very, very glad I have these, I just cannot recommend them enough. Tell everyone I know about them too. Just very, very pleased. HIGHLY recommend!

The Great New Orleans Kidnapping Case: Race, Law, and Justice in the Reconstruction Era
by Michael A. Ross
Price: $20.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly amazing book!, August 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a fascinating read! Written by a historian, this book reads like a very well thought out history of the Reconstruction era of Louisiana. Although it focuses on the kidnapping of Molly Digby, the author furnishes black and white history throughout. Didn't know half of the stuff in here, like there was due process for blacks in 1870, but by the time 1890 came along, it was all abolished. Why? Just a totally fascinating rendition of everything you never knew about Reconstruction Era south. It was also interesting to see all the Democrats were white supremacists and members of the Ku Klux Klan and the Republicans were trying desperately to institute the equality laws and overall fairness in jobs, housing, etc. for blacks. But, strongly Democratic Louisiana voted all the Republicans out in the 1890s and re-instituted white supremacy.

Hands down the best book I've read this year - a real page turner mystery that is super fascinating to read. Real life is always better than fiction and this book proves that. LOVED IT! HIGHLY recommend!

Heartfelt Holidays Musical Snow Globe by Valerie
Heartfelt Holidays Musical Snow Globe by Valerie
Offered by OrangeOnions
Price: $19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful snow globe!, August 29, 2014
Unlike most of the other reviewers here, I actually received one that was in excellent condition. I did order mine from qvc though. However, I do need to point out that it is pricey, but heavy. It is quite beautiful and looks amazing in my home. That said, keep in mind that sellers here on amazon and ebay get these to sell usually from the QVC outlets, most of the items there have been returned. Unless you go and pick it out yourself, you probably are better off getting it directly from QVC. I've been there myself - a seller goes and buys the stuff cheap at the outlet (they have 1/2 off their outlet prices during Christmas in July), and at times, you can get things there for about 80% off the regular retail. But, it usually has been returned and you really need to inspect it yourself.

Not really about the product - it's really nice. Just beware if you're buying it from a seller and make sure they're reputable. Recommend!

Estroven Weight Management Capsules, 60 Count
Estroven Weight Management Capsules, 60 Count
Price: $16.49
24 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely surprised, August 29, 2014
I think something like this is very difficult to review. Simply because everyone's body is different and what works for one person may not work for another. Basically, you're buying an herb with this product. Specifically, black cohosh, soy isoflavones, and the synetrim CQ for the weight loss factor. In addition, I found this for fifteen dollars at my local store.

That said, I do think this works rather well. I've developed hives during "the change" whenever I go outside in the heat. Lovely, huh? Serious ones too - all over my legs. Anyway, as you can probably imagine, I was a bit desperate and was also tired of those night sweats. This stuff does a great job for all of these problems and I actually have a bit more energy whenever I take these as well. Regarding the weight loss, it seems to be speeding up my metabolism a bit so I did notice some weight loss which was great! Also, it keeps you rather "regular" too, so that is an added blessing during this time of life as well. Add some 8 o-Clock vanilla bean coffee to this regimen and life will be awesome in that department!

Anyway, this is definitely worth trying if you don't want the hormone therapy. And, this is a month's supply since you have to take 2 a day, one in the morning and one at night. It does help and I do actually think it's worth the money. I know its expensive but coming from the queen of scrimp and save, I wouldn't recommend it if it didn't help. Plus, if you try one box and it doesn't work for you, you're not out as much as you would be using hormone therapy. Oh, the capsules smell a bit - it is an herb so you might want to eat something with it in case you get the hiccups or something. Recommend!

Amerifit - Estroven Weight Management, 60 capsules

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely surprised!, August 29, 2014

Rawlings Youth Relaxed Fit YBP31MR Baseball Pant
Rawlings Youth Relaxed Fit YBP31MR Baseball Pant
Price: $13.13 - $22.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice baseball pants, great fit for those on the skinny side, August 29, 2014
Rawlings makes very nice baseball pants. We've found them to run a bit on the small side since we have muscular boys and have usually needed to size up. Their friends, however, love them because if your son is growing like a weed and is thinner in the waist, seat and thighs, then these don't slide down like other brands do and they really fit a lot better than some of the other brands. We've always sized up on these. I've told all of our sons' friends mothers that since they've had a ton of trouble finding pants that were long enough to cover the top of the cleat, but with a small enough waist so that they don't slide down. They're just impossible to find so I always recommend Rawlings pants over all of the other brands. Rawlings certainly comes to the rescue for that!

In addition, we've found that Rawlings can be somewhat scratchy, but better than Easton. Wilson's can be that way as well. So, I just went off to look for another brand. Found the Louisville Slugger pants and that they have a 5-star review here on Amazon and tried them. The boys loved them SO much that that is all they want now. They even come with colored stripes down the pant leg. They're so much softer and don't snag as easily as other brands. Plus, they have a lot of give which is important to a catcher.

These Rawlings pants are great for durability - the knees hold up exceptionally well (they'll last through spring and fall ball and part of the next spring for a catcher) and they release red clay dirt quite well, really well with Arm & Hammer laundry soap with Oxiclean. Been using Rawlings for years and years and they make a great product. The boys prefer Rawlings over Easton, they just have to go up a size or two. Recommend!

TP-LINK TL-PB10400 10400mAh Dual-Port Ultra External Battery Portable USB Charger Power Bank, Fast Charging, High Capacity, Compatible with iOS and Android Devices, One Micro USB Cable, Practical Flashlight
Price: $50.44
18 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Solution for International Travelers, and for Charging Multiple Devices FAST!, August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first time I knew these were available was when QVC first introduced them about 3 years ago. I never ordered one but thought it was a good idea. So, when this was offered, I grabbed the opportunity to make my life less stressed. I have a very old Samsung phone - just use it for emergencies and a very few texts messages- but because of the phone's age, the charge wears out rather quickly. I actually carry this thing in my purse and since it lasts forever, you can just plug in your cell phone on the go and voila! Instant charge! You can actually charge two devices at once, including android tablets (Kindle, I-Pad, etc. We're using it right now to charge a Kindle) and most cell phones. It comes with a charging cable, however, if you don't have a cable with your android device, then you'll need to purchase one before you can actually charge this device. Or, in other words, something to plug the thing into the wall to get it some juice. You can also use the enclosed cable to charge this guy from your computer.

However, you cannot charge a cell phone or anything else while this is charging initially. And, you have to make sure you recharge it every 3 months or it will damage the battery.

The flashlight is superb. Particularly if you're in a dark restaurant and cannot read the menu, or for fumbling for your keys in the dark. It fits easily into a purse and is about 3 1/4" long and 1 1/2" wide. And, it comes in just over 1/2 a pound at 8.8 ounces. So, if you have a larger purse, then you probably won't notice the extra weight.

In addition, you cannot store this in high heat so leaving it in your glove box in your car isn't advisable. The price here on amazon is great, as usual. QVC's price is considerably higher but they do offer one like this in different colors.

This is also the PERFECT gift for international travel - it eliminates the adapter needed to recharge your phone in other countries.

Next, now that I've mentioned cars, you're probably wondering why you just don't plug your charger into your car to recharge. UNLESS you have a car that has a separate USB cable device, DO NOT CHARGE YOUR DEVICES IN YOUR CAR! I had to take my Buick in for an ignition switch replacement and they told me that they have at least 20 cars a week in there for that same repair (it's a dealership repair too). All because people are charging their devices through their cigarette lighter and it is trashing the ignition switch. Just in case you'd like to know this: the repair for a Buick Regal ignition switch was $280.00 and $35 for EACH new key that has to be made. New switch, new keys and it has to be done at the dealership. Makes this cost of $50 a ton better, in my opinion. And, it comes with its own gray, velvet storage bag (looks like a drawstring expensive jewelry bag).

So, in my opinion, this is probably the PERFECT Christmas gift for the techie in your life, or just to have around plugged into your home station for quick and easy charges for the entire family. Even has a plastic ring on the top of the box to make it easier to pull the charger out of the cardboard packaging. SO love it when someone is thinking of us! Just one of those things in life, like the ice maker on your refrigerator, that makes life a ton simpler. Now, it's probably one of the most used things we own. AWESOME invention, very, very glad to have it. HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Waterbabies Twincesses Twin Babies
Waterbabies Twincesses Twin Babies
Offered by POPPIN' TAGS
Price: $50.00
5 used & new from $44.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, cuddley dolls!, August 25, 2014
If you don't buy these dolls for anything else but the cute factor, then you've done exceptionally well! These dolls are not only gorgeous, they're just adorable. The girls go crazy over these dolls and you don't even have to fill them with water. They have little tutu's on - complete with soft toile at the bottom, just as if they're getting ready to perform in a dance recital.

Just super, super adorable, great for twins too! HIGHLY recommend!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20