Profile for boxwood100 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 245

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

boxwood100 RSS Feed (The great Midwest!)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tyson Southern Breaded Right Size Chicken Breast Fillet, 5 Pound -- 2 per case.
Tyson Southern Breaded Right Size Chicken Breast Fillet, 5 Pound -- 2 per case.
Offered by FoodserviceDirect Inc.
Price: $60.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Very tasty, quick, heat in the microwave, March 2, 2015
These filets are just wonderful. They're very tender, fully cooked, and can be heated in a microwave without becoming chewy. I buy these all the time for chicken parmesan or just to cut up and put on a salad. It's just very nice once in awhile to get something like this that's premade to make like a bit easier on busy weeknights.

A great find, one that I use all the time. Highly recommend!

Tyson Southern Style Chicken Breast Tenderloin 25 Ounce
Tyson Southern Style Chicken Breast Tenderloin 25 Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for chicken parmesan, March 2, 2015
These are just wonderful. Very flavorful, tender and not chewy, even when heated in the microwave. These are fully cooked so all you have to do is heat them up and dinner is served! I use these for Chicken Parmesan and they're just perfect for that.

Great item, love these very much. Highly recommend!

Nike Mens Elite Vapor Baseball Crew Socks Game Royal/Solar Red SX4843-464 sz. L
Nike Mens Elite Vapor Baseball Crew Socks Game Royal/Solar Red SX4843-464 sz. L
Offered by B Kicks
Price: $18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly cool everyday baseball socks!, March 2, 2015
At the time of this review, there was no photo of the back of these socks. So, I will tell you about them. On these blue socks, there is a highlighted BASEBALL DIAMOND on the back top of the socks! SOOOO cool! The boys in this house just love these things to pieces - not to mention how awesome they look with both their uniforms and their shorts for school! They wash and wear like a dream too and we haven't had any shrinkage whatsoever.

If you're used to the regular Nike socks, well, these are not made like them. These are a tad bit stiffer, however, they do soften up in the washer so no worries. Actually, they've retained their shape entirely better than Nike's regular basketball socks that are so popular and to me, are just a better value. That baseball diamond on the back is just so cool. They are a bit looser too - so if you're having a bit of time pulling on your other Nike socks, give these a try.

Just super, super nice socks, they're hard to find here on amazon so try other sporting goods stores like Dick's and Eastbay. Both have a nice stock usually and different colors.

Superb, glad to have found them. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Attack
Attack
Price: $10.00
39 used & new from $4.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album for the Rock of Ages!, March 2, 2015
This review is from: Attack (Audio CD)
Bought this for a teen and it's being played non-stop! One of the best cds I've heard from a band in quite some time. No sugary "pop" sounding stuff. Just awesome, life changing lyrics and a sound to match. Really enjoy this CD myself so much that we bought it for ourselves too! Grab it! HIGHLY recommend!

Pampers Kandoo Flushable Wipes, Magic Melon Scent, 100 Count Refills (Pack of 6)
Price: $22.92
10 used & new from $22.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice idea, start it now it continues for awhile!, March 2, 2015
These wipes are just great. Nice to know that they don't degrade very fast though. Golly! But, they do a nice job cleaning little tushes and it's not quite so hard on their bottoms. Plus, if you're toilet training, it goes SO much easier too. They're not as big as Huggies' version of these but they're quite a bit softer.

Here's something you might not think about with these - we used these on our toddler and now, at age 13, he still wants the Cottonelle version of these. Goes to show, a great product's introduction can last and last. Great idea and one too long in coming. Highly recommend!

Philips 452391 65-Watt Equivalent SlimStyle BR30 LED Dimmable Light Bulb, Soft White, 2-Pack, Frustration Free
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bulb for family rooms, basements, and kitchens, March 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered these to replace my halogens that we have in our 24-foot high ceiling since well, AEP thinks they won the lottery every time we turn them on! Thus, with just regular halogens, they run the electric bill so much that it looks like we hung Christmas lights so we just weren't using them. Thus, off I went searching for the LEDs and voila! These came onto the scene and saved the day! They're just perfect too - fit nicely into the cans and provide wonderfully warm light. I hate bright, fluorescent lights in a cozy warm room setting, so these certainly fit the bill. They look great in the kitchen as well.

Amazon packages these beautifully. They come double-boxed, wrapped in their own bags inside the box, and the interior box is double-corrugated. Just a very nice presentation, and completely secure. Even being delivered in below zero temps. Just a great light, super energy friendly, and now AEP is just a bit poorer! I'm off now to buy some more. HIGHLY recommend!

Billy Martin: Baseball's Flawed Genius
Billy Martin: Baseball's Flawed Genius
by Bill Pennington
Price: $21.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding treasure of a biography, history of Baseball in the 70s., March 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one of those rare books that I've received a pre-release copy of that I will buy in hardback once the book is released. Seriously. Hands down, make SURE this one is in your library as one of the best biographies of baseball. Whether you like the Yankees or not, this book reads like a novel and gives you a great view into baseball in the 70s, which influences the game today. It doesn't matter that you're a baseball fan or not, this is one of those great reads that is also an American history book, one that is just a great example of the "love of the game." Also, long known as "the thinking man's game," Pennington details Martin's genius when it came to how he managed the teams and the games. If you follow baseball at all, think of Buster Posey's incredible quiet ability to mastermind today's game (his genius took the Giants to 3 World Series and by the "old age" of 28, he lead them to win all 3), kick that up with about 100% drama, and you'll have an idea of Martin's genius.

I've read a few of these baseball biographies and quite honestly, although they're extremely important to our history, they're so boring that I thought I would cry before I reached the end. You know - full of statistics, something that most people today who have never learned much about the game, would totally get lost in all of those numbers. However, this book, although it does tell you something about the statistics here and there, reads more like a novel than anything else. Something that I certainly appreciated and fans today will appreciate as well. What I do miss is the keeping of the stats by hand - something the kids used to do all the time which I think, kept them interested in the intricacies of our greatest game. Although easier, I think the computerized version just turns us all into spectators and not participants. Maybe that could change?

Anyway, its nice to see Billy Martin's perspective of the game and his actions, how they still influence us today through the eyes of Bill Pennington. Certainly going to be a hard copy in my library! LOVED it, so glad to have had the opportunity to grab this treasure.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Nike Green Bay Packers Dri-FIT Hypercool 2 Speed Sideline Performance Top - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, cooling workout shirt, March 1, 2015
What a nice shirt! The boys just love this shirt - it is a bit form-fitting so if that is uncomfortable for you, size up about 1 size. It is true-to-size in fit, and hugs the mid section a bit - it will NOT hide any muffin tops whatsoever. But, that said, it's perfect for a workout, the sides have vents which allows the body to be cooled very well.

It washes like a dream, however, since the letters are screened on there I wash this in a stronger soap, even Dawn dishsoap, to get rid of the odors, but in cooler water and I allow it to air dry. The lettering has stayed strong because of this and they still look new.

Just a super, super shirt, wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Highly recommend!

Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner Starter Kit, 34 Fl Oz
Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner Starter Kit, 34 Fl Oz
Price: $17.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Really saves time, March 1, 2015
All I can say is God Bless the man who invented this product! It has truly been a lifesaver in this house. I have two of these things and the amount of time they save scouring out the showers is amazing. We had rust spots on all of the showers, tubs, curtains, you name it, and this stuff solved the problem. No more scrubbing until your arms break off, no more soap scum and no more mildew. Great, great product, as I said, I had one and went out to buy a second. I would have paid more for it - it's really that great of a product and I've been using mine for about a year now. Just have to change the batteries about every 3 months. If you use it daily, you can get a month out of one of the refill bottles.

However, if you have questionable water, make sure you rinse this thing out about once weekly, otherwise, the water will gunk up inside of it, making it next to impossible for it to dispense the solution. No other problems though! Highly, recommend!

Tyson Honey Battered Chicken Breast Tender 25.5 Ounce
Tyson Honey Battered Chicken Breast Tender 25.5 Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Use these a bunch, March 1, 2015
These are very, very good. They are certainly a quick meal, kids just LOVE them, and they have just a wonderful, full flavor. You can use these in recipes or just on their own. They have just that perfect flavor, not TOO sweet, in fact, you really don't say, "Oh, that's sweet." Just a great idea and good meal, one that the kids love. Recommend!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20