Profile for boxwood100 > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 318

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

boxwood100 RSS Feed (The great Midwest!)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Christmas with Southern Living 2014: Our Best Guide to Holiday & Decorating
Christmas with Southern Living 2014: Our Best Guide to Holiday & Decorating
by The Editors of Southern Living Magazine
Price: $17.51
46 used & new from $14.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of their best, November 20, 2014
Okay, well, looks like Southern Living gets the thumbs down this year on their Christmas book. Each year, I buy Southern Living's Christmas and Gooseberry Patch's version. Last year, I actually sent back my first ever Gooseberry Patch book it was so bad, but this year, it's going to be this one.

I do concur with others here - there are very few decorating ideas in this edition. One of the pleasures of this book is the unique and breathtaking ideas SL is known for and treasured. They're not here. Just some very basic, not very well thought out hints. You could learn more by watching Valerie Parr Hill on QVC than what is in this book.

And, unfortunately, the recipes are not as good. There is one for red velvet whoopie pies that is quite outstanding (it has a marshmallow filling instead of a Crisco-based one. AWESOME! They get the A for creativity for that recipe!), and the peppermint Bundt cake on the front is quite good, but there are no interesting side dishes, new ways of making your Christmas turkey, ham or whatever, and scant bread recipes. Instead, you have a book FILLED with drinks! Maybe the editors thought that will all the stress in the world, we'd all want to "slosh" our way through the holidays instead of enjoying them with our families. NOT so! Even the cookie recipes are so-so; like they came from the latest edition of the TV Guide.

SO disappointed - I sincerely hope they go back to doing what SL does better than anyone, in my opinion; have the best recipes and Christmas decorating ideas around. Try it for yourself - you can send it back in 30 days if you don't like it. But for me, this year my recipes are going to be from Gooseberry Patch.

TP-LINK Archer C20i AC750 Dual Band Wireless AC Router, 2.4GHz 300Mbps+5Ghz 433Mbps, Stand Design, 1 USB Port, IPv6, Guest Network
Price: Click here to see our price
46 used & new from $37.80

3.0 out of 5 stars It is interesting..., November 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm really not sure what to tell you about this item. We set it up, which was done by a 13-year-old by the way, and it was super simple. However, even though it is supposed to boost your reception on all of your devices, as well as speed, we found it to be the opposite on many occasions.

Two people on a computer, when one is running a game like Minecraft, will cause a huge delay. And, it also interrupted the television set. In our house, this router did the opposite of what it was supposed to do - it actually slowed everything down and caused quite the problems. So, we ended up disconnecting it and all of our devices actually performed and better, with perfect transmission to the television as well.

I suppose if you have a lot of devices in a work environment, then this MIGHT be helpful. But for the average home, you're better off either upping your internet service from your provider, or buying a more expensive router that actually performs as designed. This really isn't worth the money in our house since we have a high speed provider, but I can see that it would be great for applications that didn't have the high speed. It is a durable product, but it is a bit large so you will have to hide it if you don't like all of your equipment showing like we do not.

Pumpkin Crackle Glass Votive Holder by Yankee Candle
Pumpkin Crackle Glass Votive Holder by Yankee Candle
Offered by The Only Service
Price: $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks beautiful in my autumn decor, November 19, 2014
This is just gorgeous! Of all the Yankee crackle products I've tried and broke, this one has been the most durable. It looks amazing when used with a candle, but a tealight works just as well and doesn't get as warm as a votive. Had mine now for a couple of years and am still enjoying having it. LOVE it. HIGHLY recommend!

Kurt Adler 15-Light Triple Candle Light Set with Ivory Candle Shaft
Kurt Adler 15-Light Triple Candle Light Set with Ivory Candle Shaft
Price: $13.28
7 used & new from $13.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, long-lasting set!, November 19, 2014
These lights are just breathtaking. We bought them to use on a formal tree and they just look amazing. They are very durable - have had them now for 18 years and they're still burning strong! LOVE Kurt Adler products anyway and these lights are a great example to their wonderful products.

HIGHLY recommend!

Longaberger Woven Traditions-Ivory Luncheon Plate, Fine China Dinnerware
Longaberger Woven Traditions-Ivory Luncheon Plate, Fine China Dinnerware

5.0 out of 5 stars Super versatile plate, love them!, November 19, 2014
I accidentally won a set of these on an auction site and thought I'd resell them because I just didn't think I'd have a need for them. Well, guess what turned into one of my most used items?! These plates are just perfect for many things. Desserts, buffet plates, and of course, lunch. They're always in my dishwasher and are the perfect size for 2 eggs over easy with an English muffin.

In addition, they are freezer, microwave, dishwasher and oven safe, and I've used these as lids for my pots too. LOVE THEM! HIGHLY recommend!

Longaberger Christmas Collection 1998 Glad Tidings Basket
Longaberger Christmas Collection 1998 Glad Tidings Basket
4 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great versatile basket, November 19, 2014
This is a very versatile basket. We've used it to hang on the wall and filled it with Christmas greenery and decorations. It's also adorable just sitting on a hall table filled with greenery, and, it's awesome on a buffet table with silverware in it. In addition, it did have a lid offered which you could probably find on an online auction site. You can use it for storing candles as well with the lid.

It's very versatile, and it's actually one that we use all year. Recommend!

Longaberger Retired 2001 Holiday Hostess Red Shining Star Basket Set - Includes Basket, Liner, Double Protector and Tie On!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cute, great for July 4th and Memorial Day too, November 19, 2014
This is a super darling set - they actually came as a set of three for hostesses, and I purchased the set to commemorate a baby's first Christmas. They are so cute - they look amazing as serving pieces for your Christmas festivities, and also look sweet when filled with greenery to be used as a decoration.

If you're handy with a sewing machine, you can copy the liner in another fabric and use these for your July 4th celebrations as well! Great item, glad to have them. Recommend!

Longaberger Small Juice Pitcher in Blue
Longaberger Small Juice Pitcher in Blue
Offered by lilah2
Price: $33.40
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these pottery pieces!, November 19, 2014
This is such a darling little pitcher! It doesn't hold very much, about 12 ounces or so, so don't buy it thinking you're going to use it for juice for a family of 5. It's more for syrup, or maybe even gravy, but juice, well, it's just pretty small. It also looks great holding flowers on your table!

It is over, freezer, microwave and dishwasher safe, so you can serve about anything in this pitcher without any worries. Longaberger was the first to make stoneware like this and I have most of the pieces. They've spoiled me something terrible too - I am so used to them that I actually have to think if I use something else.

Great, great product, HIGHLY recommend!

Longaberger Pottery Woven Traditions Heritage Green Coffee Mug, 12 oz.
Longaberger Pottery Woven Traditions Heritage Green Coffee Mug, 12 oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best things in my kitchen!, November 19, 2014
We LOVE these USA made mugs! They weigh a ton, hold 12 ounces, and you can even bake mini-cakes in them for birthday parties! They go from the freezer, to oven, table, dishwasher, etc., and they are the only mugs and dishes we use. They are super, super durable so if you have kids in the house, no worries. The only ones I've ever had break is if they've been dropped on top of each other.

Just a superb product, HIGHLY recommend!

Move Free Triple Strength Glucosamine Chondroitin and Hyaluronic Acid Joint Supplement, 80 Count
Offered by k1y9l8e8
Price: $13.45
51 used & new from $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for arthritis!, November 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is one of those products that is as great as Advil when it was invented, for arthritis and stiff joints. It helps with morning stiffness, but hubby has the knees of an 80-year-old at the ripe age of 39. This stuff, has been a Godsend for him. And, with continued use, has not only lessened his pain and stiffness to non-existence, but has actually improved the condition of his knees and arms. It truly does what it says, and the pills are smaller than the other brand he was using.

He takes them as directed and is thrilled to have them. Just a great product, SO glad they found something to help this much. HIGHLY recommend!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20