Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Women's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now bgg
Profile for boxwood100 > Reviews

boxwood100's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

boxwood100 RSS Feed (The great Midwest!)

Page: 1 | 2
Madden NFL 15 - Xbox 360
Madden NFL 15 - Xbox 360
60 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game!, April 10, 2015
Wow, what a difference from Madden 25! The graphics are so much better, the game is much more authentic and well, trying to get the boys off of this thing and to do their homework has turned into quite the challenge. Our Xbox player decided to have the Madden 25 for lunch one day so we went ahead and just ordered this updated version because of almost a 5-star review here on amazon. The boys are just so thrilled with this, it is certainly a great investment. Probably the best game we own now. They sincerely, whoopingly highly recommend this game!

Norton Security (For 5 Devices) [Old Version]
Norton Security (For 5 Devices) [Old Version]
Price: $42.04
20 used & new from $38.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great when combined with Malwarebytes, February 26, 2015
This is really nice. I've always had the 360, and although this isn't the same, it still does the job. Nothing's totally secure and perfect, something Norton found out themselves when they were hacked a while back, but this does help to speed up your system whenever it bogs down. HOWEVER, MAKE SURE THIS IS NOT YOUR ONLY SECURITY DEVICE! Norton will NOT rid your computer of the superbugs. Period. Although I had the 360 about 3 years ago, 880 instances of Trojan was uploaded to my computer via a gaming site. Frustrated, I searched everywhere trying to figure out how to fix this computer and voila! Someone here on amazon provided the answer. Buy Malwarebytes. That thing can get rid of everything! You can upload it from their website, however, it does not get rid of everything so you need to buy it. It works so well that entire companies are now buying it for their employees' computers - it just is something else.

So, go ahead and get this Norton for all of your devices because it is good for the day-to-day issues you may have. But MAKE SURE you also order Malwarebytes here on amazon to make sure you're able to get rid of the superbugs. All of our computers have both (you have to buy Malwarebytes for EACH computer separately) and they are working very, very smoothly!

Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Powered by UltraKey - Personal Edition
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Powered by UltraKey - Personal Edition
Price: $19.99
11 used & new from $10.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product, particularly for kids, October 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very nice program, particularly for younger kids since they need to learn to type earlier than my generation, simply because they're online all the time. The boys in this house were getting rather frustrated with their slow typing abilities so I ordered this for them. Although it can be a bit boring and repetitive, and it runs slow on our computer, which is a Dell with a ton of memory, they did learn the basics of proper typing and are able to breeze along a lot faster when typing their essays for homework. It covers basic skills, particularly the posture which is so missing anymore, and they did enjoy the process.

It is worth the money, particularly if you're buying this for a child, and it is always better to teach the correct way instead of them just plinking along and hoping they'll get their homework finished before they're 90! Nice product, SO glad it is available. Recommend!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2014 10:06 AM PDT

Corel CorelDRAW Home and Student Suite X7 (3-Users)
Corel CorelDRAW Home and Student Suite X7 (3-Users)
Price: Click here to see our price
48 used & new from $55.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tool for scrapbookers, school projects, September 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was SO afraid to order this and my studies in college actually included graphic design! But, duty called and with all of the upcoming school projects on the horizon, along with designing album covers, I bit the bullet and ordered Corel.

Boy, best decision EVER! It is so easy to use - takes about 3-4 minutes to upload (you have to go online to get an account with Corel, however), and a 13-year-old sat there and designed his first school project in about 10 minutes. He thinks this program rocks and if you scrapbook at ALL, then you so need to order this software. You can use it on 3 computers in your home, which is more than generous in my opinion, and that's nice because you don't have to sit and wait for another family member to finish their project before you can start another. And, if you have many children in the home that all have school projects due at the same time, you know how exasperating that can be! Plus, it includes a LOT of public domain photos so you can use whatever you need for your project without worrying about copyright issues.

Hands down, one of the most helpful things I've ordered this year from amazon. I just cannot believe how much fun this is to alter photos and design scrapbooks with it. It's just a whole lot of fun to play on too if you're bored. This actually beat out Minecraft the other night. Can't argue with that!

HIGHLY recommend!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2014 9:29 AM PDT

The Bigs 2 - Xbox 360
The Bigs 2 - Xbox 360
9 used & new from $33.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game for baseball!, February 6, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Bigs 2 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Every now and then they make a game that well, you just cannot get the kids and their dads to stop playing. This is definitely one of those games! Although, for you serious baseball fans out there, this is more of a "superhero" type of game - the players have super powers once you achieve different levels (like jumping so high they land on the dugout), it's just seriously, seriously fun. And, when the players get home runs, all the fireworks and sirens go off just like they do at the real games. They get to play in the minor leagues, even the mexican league when players are injured, as well as the Hall of Fame games, as well as the World Series. What makes this game a true treasure too, are the announcers. You get to hear quotes like, "If they used a bigger cow to make that glove, he might have caught that!" Golly, have we laughed a ton over these one-liners! It's very easy to see why there is a portion in Cooperstown for the announcers to be in the Hall of Fame. Great stuff.

Buy this game only if you're not minding that the players have super human strength at times. It really is quite the blast playing like that - imagine someone actually being able to catch one of Pujols' super high home runs (they're not always home runs here as a result). It's a great game for the boys - they can get the players to do things that the wish they could REALLY do at the ballparks. Highly, highly recommend!

Norton 360 2013 Premier - 1 User / 3 PC
Norton 360 2013 Premier - 1 User / 3 PC
4 used & new from $59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Once again, SUPER product but...., February 4, 2013
I ordered this because, quite frankly, QVC lied when they said they had installed a lifetime security system on this computer. They did, but what they failed to say was that it was VERY basic, not for online gaming, and well, now my computer is just a mess. So, I bought Malwarebytes and now this Norton 360, since I had it before and well, it's just always been wonderful. So today, when this arrived, I put it in immediately because Malwarebytes cannot figure out how to unistall one instance of trojan that I have in the setup. Microsoft security solutions, although free of charge, couldn't do it either. Norton has come the closest - it tells me it's there, which the Microsoft says it isn't, but it still cannot take it off. So, if anyone out there can help me with this, I certainly would be grateful. The error message Malwarebytes keeps flagging is: c:\windows\svchost.exe. It is a Trojan Agent. Any Ideas?

I certainly recommend Norton, hands down, and if you get anything less than this 360, you'll be in trouble. Buy this, don't even hesitate. It's saved far too many computers in my history to even worry about how much it costs. I SO hate Roblox! This is the THIRD time it's found its way to bring me a virus. Guess I shouldn't have listened to all the hype from the QVC hosts or I would have bought this Norton a LONG time ago! Highly recommend!

Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
85 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome alternative to battery munching wireless, June 7, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Although the price here is about 9 bucks higher than an online auction site, this is a great purchase. We were tired of the battery munching with the wireless and thought this would be great. Well, it is and we haven't been able to tell any difference whatsoever, with the exception that the vibrations in some of the games is even better than the wireless! The control is the same, the sensitivity and accuracy is improved, just is a great purchase. Can't recommend it enough! Thanks to microsoft on this one! Don't get a knock-off, however, they just don't work. Been there, wore out that T-shirt! Highly recommend!

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Nintendo Wii
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Max-n-Ryanns
Price: $9.00
80 used & new from $0.75

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst!, September 18, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Why, oh why, did they take one of the best Christmas cartoons made and turn it into this nasty Wii game?! You'd think they would have taken more time to make it quite the memorable Christmas event as the movie, but no! Honestly, a two-year-old could do it in 3 minutes, it's really that simple. It's a great idea, just one that needs redone and thought through more carefully. Heavens, I could sit here and think of a thousand different games with this movie, why couldn't the producers? Anyway, if you want to waste $20, then grab it. However, my recommendation would certainly be to pass it by, and quickly!

Major League Baseball 2K11 - Nintendo Wii
Major League Baseball 2K11 - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Delaware
Price: $69.90
45 used & new from $9.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for young ones learning baseball, July 9, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My best suggestion for the intended audience on this game is about ages 9-12. Boys interested in learning more about the game of baseball and how to play it will benefit GREATLY from having this game. It's just an overall summary of how to play, what happens in different situations, and how to pitch. If you don't care much about the graphics and all the other "stuff" that people have complained about on this game, then you'll really enjoy the purchase. My son's baseball team players LOVE this game, play the thing for hours on end, and it comes back to them in the games they play live. Skill development? No, it's not going to replace the batting cages but it certainly gives them more of a feel for how things run. It's fun to hear the boys call plays on live MLB games on television because they've played this game so much that they know what's coming next.

In addition, if you're wondering about going out every year and getting the newest version, they don't change very much - they just update the players as to which teams they've been traded to, rookie players, etc. Wait a couple of years if you want to update - it just isn't necessary to do so every year as we've discovered. Unless, of course, you HAVE to have Mr. Pujols on the Angels' team instead of the Cardinals!

So, I guess if you're an avid gamer and that's what you're interested in, then you're going to find faults with this game. BUT, if you're a dad that's trying to teach your son how the game works and actually gain a better understanding of the game's mechanics, then be SURE to buy this product. I think ours is about worn out at the moment! Highly recommend!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2012 11:20 AM PDT

Norton Antivirus 2011 - 1 User [Old Version]
Norton Antivirus 2011 - 1 User [Old Version]
Offered by Retail Therapy Squad
Price: $33.86
14 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, depending on your needs, April 7, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the second time I've had this product and, depending on how you use your computer, it can be quite perfect for your needs. It corrects problems, provides all the newest updates, finds viruses and eliminates them, and removes unnecessary items from your computer. However, IF you are a serious online shopper, have an avid gamer in the house, or if you do online banking, DO NOT get this product but rather, buy the Norton 360. Here's my life experience with this product.

I initially had this one 2 years ago and thought I was set to go - had really little knowledge of the virus protection. We do have a gamer in the house and one day, well, yes Virginia, one of the gaming sites, Y-10 gave us a virus. Not just any virus, but one that almost completely shut down the computer. So, I called Norton and the gentleman on the phone was quite adept at resolving the problem, took care of it and removed it from my computer, and, $140 later, I was back in business. Keep in mind that the FIRST question the man asked me was if I did online banking. Creepy, huh? That virus would have crawled into my banking accounts and zapped them. Now, if that doesn't scare you you must not be breathing! So last year, I bought the Norton 360 at the gentleman's recommendation and believe me, what a difference! It really keeps you up and running, contantly runs scans and I never ever had another problem with gaming sites slowing down my system and sucking up memory. I was asked to review this Norton once again so after my 360 just expired, I installed this one again. Now, you know you're in trouble when you get a pop-up that warns you that what you're installing isn't half as good as what you're removing! That's what you'll get if you have a higher system security like the 360 when you install this product. Can't say I felt too good about it afterwards and no longer will there be ANY gaming on my system until I get the 360 reinstalled for this year.

I do recommend this product, and Norton's staff is beyond exceptional. BUT, be sure you don't have excessive usage of your computer of such delicate things as banking. If so, you will not be protected from serious viruses and basically, you're wide open for an attack. Get the 360 and learn from my experience! :) Bu if you're just looking for something for your elderly mother's system who only uses it twice a year, then this is your product. It's a great price for low usage computers and it really is hard to beat for that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2011 3:45 PM PDT