Profile for Gemmy Tsai > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gemmy Tsai RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

GustBuster Classic 48-Inch Automatic Golf Umbrella
GustBuster Classic 48-Inch Automatic Golf Umbrella
Price: $31.65 - $72.68

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks easily, April 16, 2010
For a premium $40 umbrella that is supposed to withstand the forces of nature, I was disappointed by this.

I've had the umbrella for less than a year and the hook to trap the umbrella closed no longer works. Now, to keep the umbrella closed I need to manually hold it with my hands. This makes it extremely inconvenient and difficult to use. Reading through other reviews, it's clear that many other have had this same issue with the hook. BIG red flag in my book.

When I called to address the issue, similar to others, I've had a poor experience with their "lifetime warranty." I'd have to ship it back to them (which is perfectly fine), but I'd also have to pay them $10 for their trouble. With a total cost of ~$20 to me, what kind of lifetime guarantee is that? I can easily buy another umbrella for that price. The policy makes NO sense on manufacturer issues like this. On top of it, customer service was not very friendly nor accomodating in dealing with this issue.

Sony Bravia XBR-Series KDL-40XBR2 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV
Sony Bravia XBR-Series KDL-40XBR2 40-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., November 28, 2006
I spent a lot of time researching televisions, and decided on this one. I was considering the Panasonic plasmas, which are an incredible value for the picture quality, but ultimately the Sony looked better, both on its picture quality and style.

The picture quality is sharp, clear, and amazing. The black levels are unbelievable - the blacks are the same as if the TV were off. With a computer connected through a VGA cable, the picture was stunning - you could see every little pixel in high res. Blew my mind. The integrated speakers are pretty good too.

Finally, this thing just looks good sitting in your living room. From the little LED lights at the bottom to the floating glass border, it is absolutely fantastic and can complement any room.

One negative is that SD doesn't look as good in comparison to the HD (understandably), but from what I understand the SD is better compared to SD on other Plasma's and LCDs. Also, this unit is expensive. If you're looking for value, look elsewhere. If you're willing to spend a little extra for something that will last you a long time, then go for this unit.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2006 7:54 AM PST