Profile for Colin C. Gauvin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Colin C. Gauvin RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
BulkSupplements Pure Beta Alanine Powder (100 grams)
BulkSupplements Pure Beta Alanine Powder (100 grams)
Offered by BulkSupplements
Price: $13.96
2 used & new from $13.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. I wanted to try Beta Alanine and ..., February 9, 2015
Great product. I wanted to try Beta Alanine and this is the way to go. It's the cheapest, easiest, no frills, and you can control the dosage unlike beta alanine mixed into pre-workouts. I'd recommend researching what dosage is right for you. The benefits of beta alanine are actually increased Carnosine buildup, not the pins and needles feeling, necessarily. Also, research the supplementation of taurine along with b-alanine for optimal health.

Bosch 4822 Evolution All-Season Bracketless Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 4822 Evolution All-Season Bracketless Wiper Blade - 22" (Pack of 1)
Price: $13.73
36 used & new from $9.62

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, January 28, 2015
Wore out very quickly.

NZXT CB-LED20-WT 2-Metres Light Sensitivity Sleeved LED Kit (White)
NZXT CB-LED20-WT 2-Metres Light Sensitivity Sleeved LED Kit (White)
Price: $16.61
13 used & new from $14.94

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, January 28, 2015
Shorts out if I screw it into my Corsair case.

Cirago DisplayPort to VGA Active Adapter (DPA1011)
Cirago DisplayPort to VGA Active Adapter (DPA1011)
Price: $19.99
19 used & new from $15.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, January 28, 2015
Broke after about 3 months.

BulkSupplements Pure Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder (1 Kilogram)
BulkSupplements Pure Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder (1 Kilogram)
Offered by BulkSupplements
Price: $18.96
2 used & new from $18.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Is what it says, January 28, 2015
Works absolutely great. This stuff is nice because it's cheaper than everything else, and you aren't paying for crappy fillers that do nothing but spike your blood glucose levels.

I did the research and according to the data in several studies, don't bother with the loading phase or drinking a soda with it. Your muscles will get the stuff, and will hit their peak density at generally about 30mg/kilogram of lean muscle mass. 3 grams for a 150 lb person is overkill.

Sabrent 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UMLS)
Sabrent 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs (HB-UMLS)
Offered by Store4PC
Price: $6.99
60 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 3, 2013
Oftentimes, when purchasing products for various purposes, it's tough to find the right one, at the right price, without any annoyances, or extra bells and whistles that you're paying for, or features that fully work, etc. I needed extra USB ports for peripherals. (Webcams, mice, MP3 players and so on, nothing that was going to be doing massive file transfers.) I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg, and I didn't want something huge, bulky, and annoying.

This hub fulfilled all my needs perfectly. It's one of those rare perfect products. It's sleek, it's small, it can daisy chain, it works without any hassle, it's dirt cheap, it's solidly built, it has buttons so I can switch between inputs easily, it has LEDs that match the color scheme of my PC, and they aren't blindingly bright. In short, the product is perfect. No hassle at all, and all my things now work exactly the way I want them to without additional problems. I will definitely be purchasing Sabrent in the future.

Dual XDMA6415 200-Watt AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA Receiver with Built-In Bluetooth (Black)
Offered by onlinecarstereo
Price: $85.00
7 used & new from $80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars No Complaints, May 15, 2013
It does everything you'd think it would do. Bluetooth sounds good, CD player works fine, AUX port works fine, and setup was a breeze in my 2000 Intrepid (bought a mounting kit with it and a wiring harness.) The audio quality is better than the stock radio, and the extra features work seamlessly and without problems.

Lord Premium Safety Razor Model LP1822L aka L6
Lord Premium Safety Razor Model LP1822L aka L6
Offered by Wish4Star
Price: $12.49
3 used & new from $9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Refreshing Razor, February 18, 2013
When I first started shaving I had little to no guidance about what to use or how to use it. I originally started with the terrible little green Schick razors, and after cutting myself countless times and getting serious razor burn, I said enough is enough. I went to the store with the intention of buying a decent razor with the replaceable heads. When I got to the store I decided I'd have an easier time buying a new car, there were so many different types with a million different blades and I had no idea what to go with. I settled in a Bic 3 blade with replaceable heads, but the heads cost about $4 a piece, and so I found myself stretching them to a month or so, leaving me with a terrible shave, incredible razor burn, cuts, ingrown hairs, etc.

So I started reading up on what I could find, and began to realize that the best type of shaving is a nice wet shave with a double edged razor. So I went on to Amazon, searched for "safety razor" and saw this one. It had good reviews and was $7 so I sprung for it. I still had no idea what I was doing with it, and figured it was OK. I used hot water and the same blade for about a month. Then I got my hands on an article about DE razor shaving, and read some basic instructions, some of which I will pass on for anyone switching over from the disposable razors.

This type of razor does not give a fast shave. It's best to make the time you need. Warm your face and whiskers with a shower or a facecloth. Then get a shaving brush, preferably badger hair, and soak the brush for a minute or two. After that, get some nice shaving cream, not the synthetic green stuff, but something like Proraso Shaving Cream, Sandalwood, 150 ml, New Formulationand lather it up in a mug. Take the brush, hold it upside down to drain it for a few seconds, and now all it's bristles should be nice and soft. Dip it in the mug, and lather up your face. Then go over it with the razor. It's important that you don't press down at the razor - let the weight of it do the cutting. Go with the grain and you'll get a great shave. If it doesn't work perfectly, lather up again and do it one more time. It's important that you don't force it as that's how you end up the cuts and burns.

It's the best shave I've ever had and I really love the razor. It's weighty, the blades change easily, it doesn't come apart while you're shaving, and the head is weighty enough to cut most whiskers, especially when using shaving cream. I can't speak enough about the wonders of this razor, I actually now look forward to getting up and showering as it means I get to shave. It's certainly not the best razor - the finish is getting ruined after a couple of weeks of use, and I wouldn't mind it being longer. For the price however, you cannot beat both the type of shave it gives, and the razor itself. Sure there's better ones, but for someone that wants a low risk entry into the world of wet shaving, this razor is for you.

Hakkotsu Iron Face lower face airsoft mask Desert Tan IF-003
Hakkotsu Iron Face lower face airsoft mask Desert Tan IF-003

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Great Purchase, May 18, 2012
This is a great purchase and a must-buy for every airsofter out there. I like having one of these because of the risk of being shot in the face, and chipping a tooth or sustaining some other painful injury is high. This doesn't cover your ears, but I combined it with a helmet and it works great. My goggles don't fog up at all as a result of this, (ESS Turbofans) and there's room for a boom mic underneath, without a problem. It fits very comfortably and is easy to adjust. Couldn't recommend this more.

Midland TH1 Tactical Series Headset with Earphone and Adjustable Boom Mic
Midland TH1 Tactical Series Headset with Earphone and Adjustable Boom Mic

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but Works, May 18, 2012
I bought this for airsoft games. Fits in my radio perfectly, works with both my walkie and my Midland VHF. PTT button works great, clips onto your gear, generally stays on. My only complaint about the product is that the volume control, like with most headsets, is rendered null and defaults to "screechingly loud" instead. Sound quality is tough to judge since everyone else usually has their microphone shoved into their mouth, transmitting quality is great.

Other than that, I think it's a bit expensive but hey, I guess I could justify the price. Very convenient.

Page: 1 | 2