Profile for Silence Dogood > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Silence Dogood RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Lodge Deep Camp Dutch Oven, 10 Qt
Lodge Deep Camp Dutch Oven, 10 Qt
Price: $91.94
18 used & new from $79.29

5.0 out of 5 stars American Iron, September 26, 2014
It's big. It's heavy. It's American cast iron. Sometimes I oil it down for no good reason. If you think you want to buy it, then just buy it, you won't regret it. Even if you never use it, it's still worth buying. With proper care, some generation in the next 150 years will use it.

Keurig K550 2.0 Brewer, Silver
Keurig K550 2.0 Brewer, Silver
Offered by THE YELLOW FLAG
Price: Click here to see our price
58 used & new from $99.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Keurigs are great, just not this one, September 21, 2014
It's getting one star because you have to give at least one star to review. Admittedly, I got sucked in by the carafe. Really that's all I saw was Keurig and carafe. Unfortunately, they took all the great features away and replaced it with a touchscreen and a carafe. Want hot water only? Well before there was a button for that. Now, well now you have to hold a button down for a paltry 6 oz at a time. Want to use a My K-cup for your own coffee blends? Too bad, not happening, now you HAVE to buy standard K-cups. And I'm pretty sure ours is programmed wrong. Used the large K-cup and carafe this weekend on the 4-5 cup setting and when complete, it was about 12 ounces. Apparently new Keurig says a cup of coffee is 3 ounces. After 3 cycles on the 4-5 cup setting, the carafe was finally full. Fortunately we still have our old Keurig (K75) and intend to use it. This one is either going to relatives as a terrible Christmas present or on eBay.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2014 4:01 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Grass fed or not, it tasted good, September 26, 2013
This review is about a year after the fact but I purchased this for a family vacation. Each couple was responsible for a meal and I wanted something unique so bison burgers it was. I was careful while grilling to be sure they didn't get dried out. I used a pound of grass fed 85/15 beef to four pounds of bison as well to help prevent drying out. The only seasoning I used - none. I let the flavor of the meat do its thing. Nobody in our group had ever had bison and everyone was raving about how good it was.

I used a pound in a batch of chili and it was just as good in there. Another pound was mixed with a pound of fresh bratwurst to make bison brat burgers. Quite excellent. The bison brat combo was made a year after my original purchase. It didn't have any freezer burn or anything, even after being stored for that long.

It was packed well for shipping (shipped during July and all was still frozen when received.). The price is about the best I've found on Amazon and the quality is good as well. I don't have anything to compare to as far as other brands being better but this was so good I likely won't bother trying another seller.

BlackBerry Z10, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless)
BlackBerry Z10, Black 16GB (Verizon Wireless)
Price: $349.99
5 used & new from $112.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Same review I left on eBay and I'd still buy this phone., September 25, 2013
I was apprehensive to jump from a BB 9900 series running OS7 (not iOS 7, BB OS7) to a Z10 running BB10 because for me the 9900 had a good OS and I loved the physical keyboard. It also had phenomenal build quality. I didn't have any interest in changing platforms either. I've used but not owned an iP4, 4S and 5 and came away unimpressed to say the least. I also currently own a Sony Xperia SL running Android 4.2 (I think that's the version loaded, it's either that or 4.1, either way, it's been demoted to a toy for the kids for the most part). It's a nice phone with a decent OS but messaging is lackluster. Plus I'm not a fan of the stock keyboard. After several months of indecision and instead of using my upgrade discount, I decided to find an unlocked Z10 on eBay. As soon as I received the unit, I charged it up and was ready to play. I had to wait to receive a new SIM card so I used it on Wi-Fi for several days which worked perfectly. For any reviews where the user is put off by the gesture based UI or couldn't grasp it, I simply don't understand. I had the phone in my hand for less than a minute and all but mastered it. Swipe up, down, left, right, flick words into emails, BBM; the whole thing for me was very intuitive. I pick up the Xperia some days trying to swipe everything on it, then I realize I have to deal with lowly back and home buttons. BBRY gets a lot of flack for their app selection but once again, I don't care a lot about apps. I've browsed through Google Play countless times just seeing what apps are available and truthfully, for me, it's annoying. There is simply too much junk to filter through. Along the line of not caring much for apps, I always read, well there isn't a native Instagram for BB10. I loaded Instragram on my Xperia the first day I got the phone, which has been at least 9 months now. I have used that app a total of three times because I have no use for it. I also don't play games on my phones. I have enough stuff to do without playing Candy Crush or Angry Birds all day. My main uses for a phone - calls, messaging and internet. The Z10 and BB10 pretty much leaves the other major OSes in the dust with those. While I apparently don't represent the norm anymore, for me, a BB still handles my needs for a mobile device. And once again, as has been my experience with the BBs I've owned, the build quality is quite good. I especially like the textured back panel. If I do have one complaint, the camera and camera options could use a bit of improvement. Hopefully those are addressed with 10.2. Sorry for the lengthy review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 26, 2013 3:46 PM PDT

Sherlock: Season 2
Sherlock: Season 2
DVD ~ Benedict Cumberbatch
Price: $22.18
18 used & new from $18.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, December 7, 2012
This review is from: Sherlock: Season 2 (DVD)
No need for a long review, if you like Sherlock Holmes, you'll probably love this modern adaptation of it. If there is a season 3, I'll be watching it on Masterpiece (PBS) and probably also buying it on DVD (to go with Season 1 & 2 that I have now).

Sexy And I Know It
Sexy And I Know It
Price: $1.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, February 25, 2012
This review is from: Sexy And I Know It (MP3 Music)
Is this song a fad? Likely. Is it entertaining and worth 99 cents? Most definitely. The only thing that makes the song better is to see the music video. And yes, I'm sexy and I know it.

Barney: Christmas Star
Barney: Christmas Star
DVD
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Barney = Child entertainment, February 25, 2012
Did I watch this? No. Do I have a 5 and 3 year old that love it? Yes. If you want to download this to and view it on anything other than a PC or Kindle Fire, well good luck. It's possible but time consuming.

Copernicus - Radiometer
Copernicus - Radiometer
Offered by CloseoutZone
Price: $14.82
4 used & new from $14.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple fun, February 25, 2012
This review is from: Copernicus - Radiometer (Toy)
It does what it's supposed to do and provides entertainment to both kids and adults (at least to my kids and me). Does it get old fast, sure, but it still has some educational and entertainment value that is well worth the cost.

Ambient Weather WS-YG501 Galileo Thermometer, Hygrometer and Glass Fluid Barometer
Price: $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, February 25, 2012
This was a really nice product. For the first half hour I possessed it anyway. After finally getting the globe filled with colored water (a task in and of itself with the hose and syringe provided), when what I thought as "gently" placing the globe into the recessed area of the wooden stand, the base of the globe shattered. The wooden stand does not seem to be milled properly and the glass globe does not fit in the base, at least in the one I received. I would recommend buying one, but proceeding with caution when placing the glass barometer in the base and be prepared to exercise patience when filling the barometer with liquid.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2012 10:55 AM PDT

Smartwool City Slicker Lifestyle Socks, Black, X-Large
Smartwool City Slicker Lifestyle Socks, Black, X-Large
Offered by Cove Creek Outfitters
Price: $17.95
3 used & new from $17.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Your feet will thank you, February 25, 2012
Sure, they're socks, but really nice socks. Warm yet cooling, form fitting yet extremely comfortable. My shoe size is a 13 and the XL fit perfectly. I previously wore Gold Toe socks religiously but not anymore.

Page: 1 | 2