Profile for Thomas V. Frederick > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thomas V. Frederick RSS Feed (Pasadena, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
iHeartRadio - Free Music & Internet Radio
iHeartRadio - Free Music & Internet Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my favorite apps, August 2, 2014
I really enjoy iHeartRadio. I listen all the time. I like being able to stream live radio from across the country, and I am also able to create my own stations. Great app.

God Attachment: Why You Believe, Act, and Feel the Way You Do About God
God Attachment: Why You Believe, Act, and Feel the Way You Do About God
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, May 27, 2014
This relatively easy read is most profound. The authors balance teaching the role of attachment and its relationship to adults and to God with encouraging the reader to address some of the barriers to an intimate spiritual relationship. Throughout TH reader is given excellent knowledge of attachment theory and the practices needed to address wounds that prevents connecting with other and God.

HEROES OF DESTINY
HEROES OF DESTINY

4.0 out of 5 stars fun game, March 23, 2014
This review is from: HEROES OF DESTINY (App)
Heroes of Destiny is a fun game. The levels and missions are fun. There is high replay value going from one difficulty level to the next.

[ iPhone 5C Case] Cellto iPhone 5C Case Wallet Flip Type with HD Screen Protector [Slim Fit] [ Mint ] Diary Cover /w ID Slot Top Quality with Premium PU Leather and TPU Dual Layer - EPI Style
Offered by Cellto USA
Price: $7.49
2 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service and product, January 4, 2014
The product does what it is designed for - protects the iPhone. The color is awesome, and the product allows one to hear phone calls and other sounds.

The customer service from Karendeals is amazing! I am definitely going to do business with them again!

Tom Frederick

Angry Birds Go!
Angry Birds Go!

5.0 out of 5 stars New take on angry birds, December 24, 2013
This review is from: Angry Birds Go! (App)
Overall this is a fun game. It seems easy to make in app purchases, though. Racing as the different birds adds an added feature. This is a fun racing game.

Minecraft Xbox 360 Ultimate Guide : Cheats, Hacks, Shelters, Redstone, Furniture, Survival Guide, Plus More
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic, but useful information., August 14, 2013
This is an interesting and basic overview of Minecraft. It provides basic survival strategies and brewing advice. I highly recommend this introduction.

Fishing Resort - Nintendo Wii
Fishing Resort - Nintendo Wii
Price: $19.99
23 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe how fun it is!, December 12, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I don't usually write video game reviews, but this game is so fun I thought I must. The game play and graphics are great. I appreciate the "classes" in the game that aid in learning the controls and other tips to fish.

The game is wonderful. You get to explore a tropical island and fish. There is a huge variety of fish to catch, and there are many quests to keep things fun.

The kids and I love it!

My 9 year old has no trouble with the game, and my 6 year old does fine. For the younger kids, some parental aid may help, especially with setting the hook. Casting and reeling are very intuitive and easy.

Thomas Frederick

Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (Theories of Psychotherapy)
Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (Theories of Psychotherapy)
by Albert Ellis
Price: $18.27
28 used & new from $14.79

5.0 out of 5 stars REBT overview, August 6, 2011
I want to begin this review by confessing that I am not a Cognitive Behavior therapist, and as Albert Ellis and Debbie Joffe Ellis discuss in the book, I subsumed REBT into the cognitive behavioral model. I have changed this perspective! I learned about the pioneering work of REBT and the various models and theories used in its creation.

I learned so much about REBT and CBT from this little book. I was looking for a primer to further my understanding, and this is it! The book is rich in the history and theory of the model. It provides very concrete concepts, and these concepts translate well into therapy practice. Another huge bonus of this book is the chapter on therapeutic process that includes an extended case study as well as many smaller case examples of applications of REBT. I also appreciated the chapter on the evaluation of the model where the authors review the psychotherapy research on the model.

I have not decided to adopt REBT as my main theoretical model in therapy. However, I learned so much about REBT and CBT with this book. As a therapist, I learned the CBT model intuitively as it is part of the therapeutic climate. With this book, I learned the ins and outs of the model and how it informs CBT in general.

I cannot recommend this book enough if you are looking for an excellent introduction and overview of REBT.

Thomas V. Frederick, PhD.

The Decades of Life: A Guide to Human Development
The Decades of Life: A Guide to Human Development
by Donald Capps
Price: $19.17
49 used & new from $11.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent review and extension of a classic developmental theory, November 1, 2008
This is an excellent resource for human development. There are three major dimensions to this great work by a well respected academic. First, Donald Capps clearly and eloquently writes tying in very sophisticated and insightful comments related to Freudian and Erikson developmental models with modern poets and Shakespeare. He identifies several key cases that are utilized in analyzing his adaptation of Erikson's model. Second, the text is replete with humor and touching human stories. Third, Capps extends and appropriates Erikson's model into a decades approach with extensions into the ninth and tenth decades. Overall, I highly appreciate the clarity and insightful quality of the text. I highly recommend this work.

Narrative Means to Therapeutic Ends
Narrative Means to Therapeutic Ends
by Michael White
Price: $22.03
80 used & new from $8.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Narrative means and therapeutic uses, May 1, 2008
Narrative means is the foundation for narrative therapy. This book provides the foundational theoretical and some clinical applications for narrative therapy. The major contribution is the role narrative therapists play in advocating for their clients as demonstrated in the use of letter writing. This approach challenges more traditional therapy models to be grounded in the lived experiences and communities of their clients as well as advocate for needed changes when necessary. This is a great and essential place to begin learning about narrative therapy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3