Profile for mda185 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

mda185 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Redi-Thotics Max Orthotic Insoles - Size F
Redi-Thotics Max Orthotic Insoles - Size F
Offered by orthoticsandmore
Price: $50.00
3 used & new from $49.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent off the shelf athletic shoe insert. Good enough to prevent me from spending $$$ on custom orthotics., February 16, 2015
I had to trim these to fit an 11.5 US size tennis sneaker but that was to be expected. The only slight issue is that they are ever so slightly wider than the blue Redi Thotics Flex inserts. For my feet, the blue Flex inserts are a better fit. I have them in another pair of sneakers. Both of these Redi-Thotics inserts get the job done and provide more arch support than any other brand I have tried. My podiatrist recommended that I try them before I spend big bucks on custom orthotics and it was a good recommendation. These will work for me. I am a very active 58 year old big guy. (250 lbs) I work out at least 4 times a week in the gym, play competitive tennis, expert skier, and I alternate running and cycling for aerobics. I was starting to have arch pain and could not maintain this level of activity without these inserts.

Nordica FireArrow Team 3 Girls Ski Boots 21.5
Nordica FireArrow Team 3 Girls Ski Boots 21.5
Offered by Skiyard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade compared to the typical rental boots for kids, February 11, 2015
These boots are a fantastic upgrade to the typical rental boots for kids at most mountains and ski shops. My 8 year old daughter has been skiing for 2 years and was ready to take the next step in improving her ability. I purchased these boots at a very good price on Amazon and could not be happier with the quality and value. My daughter loves them too. They are slightly stiffer than the typical rental boot and have the advantage of the liners not being sacked out from being worn a few thousand times by other kids. Well worth the modest purchase price if you can find leftover versions of these boots like I did.

Metagenics - UltraMeal Plus 360 Medical Food Dutch Chocolate - 26 oz.
Metagenics - UltraMeal Plus 360 Medical Food Dutch Chocolate - 26 oz.
Offered by Nutrition Mart
Price: $45.00
16 used & new from $45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protein drink to help control blood sugar levels and lose weight, February 2, 2015
If you have Type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome like I do, this Ultra Meal Plus 360 is the best product I have found to help control blood sugar and lose weight. Losing weight means you pair this with intelligent food choices the rest of the day. I started using this when I weighed 270 pounds. I am down to 250 lbs in 2 months and have added considerable muscle mass from strenuous weight lifting and walking. The Ultra Meal gives me enough energy and protein to sustain hard workouts and I prefer this approach to strict lo calorie dieting and mild exercise. Adding muscle mass helps control blood sugar in addition to other benefits and you can't do that with mild exercise. A typical day will start with Metagenics shake, black coffee, and a hard boiled egg for breakfast. Lunch will be greek yogurt and fruit or a sandwich. I workout in the gym in the afternoon and have another Metagenics shake afterwards. Sometimes, I substitute chocolate milk for the Metagenics shake after the workout. Dinner will be fish, tofu, or meat with vegetables. I strictly limit the amount of junk food and snacks and don't drink more than 2 cans of soda per week. I drink lots of water. My energy levels are way up and I feel much stronger than a few months ago. This product is helping me achieve my goals but I must stress again - it only works if you combine it with other healthy habits. Don't expect to use this and magically lose weight without doing the other stuff.

Galaxy Note 4 Case, Caseology [Bumper Frame] Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case [Carbon Fiber Black] Slim Fit Skin Cover [Shock Absorbent] TPU Bumper Galaxy Note 4 Case [Made in Korea] (for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 AT&T Sprint, T-mobile, Unlocked)
Offered by MODN Mall
Price: $49.99
4 used & new from $12.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Good design Good case for the money, February 2, 2015
Nice case. All buttons work well and microphone hole is lined up properly. Excellent value. The more expensive alternatives are more robust and protective but this case does everything I need it to and costs far less.

Hot Chillys Men's Mec Boot Tec Tight (Black, X-Large)
Hot Chillys Men's Mec Boot Tec Tight (Black, X-Large)
Price: $32.70
6 used & new from $27.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Runs small in XL size compared to other brands, January 21, 2015
Nicely made but these do run small. At least they run small in the XL size. I have a 42" waist with most of my weight in my belly and not too much in my butt or thighs. XL is the size that fits me in other brands of tights. The Hot Chillys are made much smaller in the thighs and butt than other XL tights I own.

iXCC ® 2 pcs 10ft (TEN FEET !) EXTRA LONG Extended Length Black Micro USB SYNC and Fast Charging Cable Cord For Smartphones, tablets, MP3 players, cameras, hard drives, e-readers, external batteries, handheld game consoles
Offered by iXCC

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality cable and good price, January 14, 2015
Excellent quality cables with very good connectors. I have purchased many brands of cable over the years and a lot of the lower cost ones have sloppy mini-usb connectors where they plug into the phone. These iXCC cables have a secure, tight connection without any of the slop I experienced with other brands. Very pleased.

Jaxx Saxx 3' Bean Bag Chair, Camel
Jaxx Saxx 3' Bean Bag Chair, Camel
Offered by Jaxx Casual Living
Price: $135.00
2 used & new from $107.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and my kid loves it, December 30, 2014
Great quality bean bag chair for my 8 year old daughter. I looked at all the local stores and was disappointed with both the quality and pricing of other brands. I liked the reviews I read about Jaxx chairs and the price was very good through Amazon for this model. It was shipped promptly, my kid loves it, and I am impressed. I liked it so much I bought another one for my 16 year old daughter.

Mistborn Trilogy
Mistborn Trilogy
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow start but what an ending!, December 18, 2014
This review is from: Mistborn Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
I am becoming a big fan of Brandon Sanderson. The first volume in this trilogy starts a little slowly but the story builds steadily and the characters are fleshed out in greater detail as the plot around them gets more complex. By the time I was 150 pages in, I could not put it down.

The Art of McCartney (Amazon Exclusive Version) [+digital booklet]
The Art of McCartney (Amazon Exclusive Version) [+digital booklet]
Price: $17.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, December 8, 2014
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the negative reviews here. I am 57 and The Beatles music was the soundtrack of much of my life. They were the first musicians I was aware of in the early 60's and have been a consistent joy to revisit over the years. Most of the performers on this collection are just singing in the style of the original recordings and they suffer by comparison to the original. I was expecting interesting interpretations of these songs by masters of their craft and that is not what this delivers on most tracks. There are a few standouts but not enough to justify the price of this 2 CD set.

i-Blason Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Generation ArmorBox 2 Layer Convertible [Hybrid] Protection KickStand Case for Kids Friendly-Blue/Black
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $24.55
2 used & new from $24.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for the price, June 23, 2014
Not as expensive as comparable Otter Box products but comes fairly close in terms of features and quality. I am a long time fan of Otter Box products and have purchased them for many of my portable devices. They stopped making a case for my Google Nexus 7 2013 model so I decided to try the i-Biason case and I am very pleased with the product. I use it to securely hold my tablet inside a spring loaded RAM mount on the handlebar of my motorcycle. I use the tablet as my GPS map instead of spending 2-3X the cost for dedicated motorcycle devices. The rubber outside layer of this case helps to damp some vibration and ensures that the case is securely gripped by the mount. Off the bike, it provides decent protection and does make it easier to hold for reading, games, etc.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6