Profile for Jazijaz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jazijaz RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
More Than Anything
More Than Anything
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very special story with very lovely characters, December 21, 2014
'More than anything' was a great book, very easy to read and the characters were very likeable too.

Although, the story deals with very sad topics such as childhood abuse(both physically and mentally) suicide, medications, mental break downs, etc this has been one of the most relaxing gay themed novels I have ever read. It's probably due to the main characters: the gentle and kind Jorgen & the sweet and tender Geir...they won my heart since the beginning. Even though they both have their issues to deal with (especially Jorgen) their interactions with one another were so tender and lovely that I believed they were truly in love and that in spite of their hardships, being together made everything better.

This is why I felt relaxed and content while reading the book, I'm not going to deny it though...I cried a lot so I can guarantee that you will need a lot of tissues by your side when reading this lovely story because it just pulls at your heart strings over and over again.

In the end, I was so happy that there was a second chance for Jorgen and Geir to be happy because their true love won over the evil past. I highly enjoyed this book and I will definitely check this author out for more awesome stories...her writing style makes me feel good.

rock
rock

5.0 out of 5 stars , December 16, 2014
This review is from: rock (Kindle Edition)
This was a surprising roller coaster full of ups and downs with painful emotions throughout the story and realistic characters who can make our hearts explode at any moment.

I liked the writing so I'll certainly check out more works from this author. I like the fact that the story has a main focus and doesn't waste time with other characters who doesn't really contribute anything important to the story. Mind you, all characters are great (even the secondary ones) but our two main characters were always the focus of the story. Jace and Cooper are made for one another, their interactions made my heart beat fast because everything they did or said was an indirect "I love you" to the other. This story showed us their feelings which is something some authors struggle with (I mean, some authors talk a lot but show too little, I don't like it when they tell me "X loves Y" because I want to see why a character loves the other, actions speak louder than words).

Cooper is the kind of person who follows his heart and Jace is the kind of person who follows reason. This is the main cause for their heart breaks because when your mind and your heart fight with one another, the only result is Pain...depending on the situation of course and their situation was a tricky one(I wish I could say why but that would be a big spoiler and no, it isn't because of homosexuality...everyone accepts them for whom they are and they accepted themselves that way too). We see them since they're little boys and we see them grow to become wonderful men. They grow and things change but their feelings never change no matter how hard they try to change it.

In spite of their mistakes, their feelings for one another never waver and no matter how hard your brain tries to tell you one thing, your heart will win because the hearts never give up when they are so sure of what they really want. What do hearts really want? they want happiness. When someone makes you feel like you are their whole world, when you look at that someone and they make you smile without saying anything...follow your heart because your happiness is with them.

This is what happened to Jace, no matter how many times his mind told him "don't go there, it is wrong" he could never be happy because his heart was full of pain. Cooper was patiently waiting for the one who broke his heart and at the same time, the one who made his heart jump of joy and full of life. Things gradually changed for the better because they didn't give up their feelings. I could understand why Jace did what he did though, why he was confused and suffering...he thought it was for the better but ignoring what your heart tells you is never for the better.

Some favorite quotes: - " Sometimes love doesn't work out the way you hope it will"..."sometimes, you think you're in love but you're not"...to Jace and Cooper "sometimes you hope you're not but you are".

Beautiful writing, beautiful story, beautiful characters! I must add that the end was also very very beautiful. I struggle with most endings because I'm never satisfied but this one was perfect. Like the saying goes...All's well that ends well.

Columbia Women's Sierra Summette Shorty Winter Boot
Columbia Women's Sierra Summette Shorty Winter Boot
Price: $44.99 - $99.95

1.0 out of 5 stars $70 to the garbage because that's where these boots belong to, November 18, 2014
I regret buying these boots, they do not work for the cold and while it has not snowed where I live, I bet it won't work for the snow either. My feet are always freezing, $70 to the garbage because that's where these boots belong to.

This Is Not a Love Story (Love Story Universe)
This Is Not a Love Story (Love Story Universe)
Price: $5.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart breaking but full of hope, May 29, 2014
Let me start by saying that I completely LOVE this book and the reason of the 4 star rating is because of the end (further explanation below). I only give 5 star ratings when I enjoy a book 100%...this one I enjoyed it like 97%.

The story deals with several homeless boys that have to find a way to survive not every day, but every hour! so be prepared to have your heart rip out of your chest by some of the things that happens to our dear main characters such as sexual and drug abuse. The story is packed with fluent writing, good plot but most importantly: well-thought out and endearing characters with a depth of emotions that will make you wish you could have them in front of you and help them out!

The characters were my favorite part in this book. Their feelings and suffering felt so real I completely lost myself in them and forgot the world around me. The author has such a magical way to describe emotions and situations that I will definitely be checking out all of her other works (I hope she continues writing!) because this is the reason why I love to read...when you feel like the characters are real and your heart is alive to their actions. I connected with Remee a lot(his name is Romeo but Julian calls him like that), the story was told by his POV and I was able to feel everything he felt. Julian, the very kind guy who helps Remee and takes care of him when Remee has no one else, won my heart and also broke it...it was broken not by him but by the circumstances that drove him to despair...I just wished I could have him in front of me and hug him....protect him from all the harm and unfairness life was throwing at him but then I remembered that Remee was in the picture and I thought "there is hope in this life".

Although, the title says "this is not a love story", it turns out to be a beautiful love story. A love so strong and full of hope that will make you keep living in despite of the horrible way life has, is and probably will keep on treating you. In the case of Julian and Remee, even though they were on the streets and didn't have possessions, they did have each other and that was more valuable than any gold. When one was weak, the other one was there to support him and continue walking. I fell in love with them. I felt sad when they were forced to be apart and happy when they found each other again.

The secondary characters were good, I liked Pasha and Crash...I said that I connected with Remee which means that I felt like I was Remee...for example: when his heart cried out for Julian, same thing happened to me. So, it is no wonder that Crash also took a piece of my heart (while Julian had the rest) like it happened to Remee...Crash was so gentle and lovely that if it wasn't for Julian, I bet that Remee would have fallen in love with him.

Now, the reason of the 4 stars is because the ending felt... incomplete, to say the least. I just wasn't happy the way it turned out after all the things our characters went through, I wish I could have seen more of Julian's recovery and a little bit of their time when they finally found a place to call home. Throughout the story I had a flame burning deep in my heart but the flame went out little by little at the end until I was left like "it's done?".

A good book nonetheless and highly recommended!!

Fearless
Fearless

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, May 11, 2014
This review is from: Fearless (Kindle Edition)
Oh god, I just finished it and I'm still crying like a baby :( I advice you to prepare a huge box of tissues when reading this lovely story packed with great, endearing characters!

From beginning to end, I was able to connect with the characters, they felt real to me thanks to the fluent writing and amazing development. What I liked the most is the beautiful friendship between Justin and Liam, the way the author described their feelings, their happiness and their pains...it caused a strong emotion in my heart...it was so tender and so strong at the same time. Justin and Liam..they are what real friendship and unconditional love are like!

Now that i finished it, I keep looking at the cover and can't help but imagine that those hands belong to Justin and Liam...which makes me cry even more!! how they clung to each other for strength and hope, how they would do anything for each other just to see the other smile. Their feelings were pure and full of trust...too bad that in the end...life is so unfair.*sniffs*

There is just no other word for me to describe this story...all I can think of is...amazing. Please read it.

Silent
Silent

5.0 out of 5 stars No words are needed to make my heart beat fast, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Silent (Kindle Edition)
This novel has it all: good story, endearing characters and excellent writing.

Both characters, Alex and Seb, won my heart completely as single characters and as a couple. The chemistry between them was top-notch, you could feel the sexual tension and the need these two felt for each other. The author makes you sympathize with them and eventually, fall in love with them. There were no words needed for Seb to express his unconditional love for Alex and vice-versa. Actions are greater than words and this was shown perfectly.

While the characters are very young, they've been through a lot in their short lives! and it is not that they are perfect. Alex is far from perfect and his life is a mess but he is brave and follows his heart no matter what. He learns from his mistakes and grows up instead of remaining the same as before, also, he is willing to sacrifice his happiness for the well being of his true love. Seb, a sweet mysterious boy with the heart of gold...while considered a "retard" for being mute and for expressing a total lack of interest in everything that surrounds him, he is more than meets the eye. Alex awakens his heart and what we are given is little bits of this wonderful character that you will come to love. The hardships of life put them together and they wouldn't have it any other way!

The story was captivating from beginning to end, I never felt bored nor did I dislike any characters. Even the secondary characters were great, all with different personalities that contributed something special to the story.

After finishing the book, I went back to read it again and again. This only happens when I've been captured 100% by the story since I don't usually like to read books twice. Please get this book if you want to see what real love could be like! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

The Cove
The Cove

1.0 out of 5 stars This is amateur fan fiction, May 6, 2014
This review is from: The Cove (Kindle Edition)
This is my sincere opinion(just like all my other reviews), which seems to upset many people but I can't give a 5 star rating when there were so many problems when trying to enjoy this book. Connections with the characters and emotions in the dialogue are more important to me than anything else but when a book fails to do that... it's just a disaster for me.

*possible spoilers ahead*

First of all, "The Cove" could have been good because the story and the characters seemed promising but it wasn't executed well. It is obvious that the writer is a beginner because this seemed more like a story you can find at the fanfiction site than a novel(I feel like I should take that back since my favorite book is a debut novel by a beginner writer and he was amazingly good but this one was...not so good). Although the story started good, I felt lost in the middle part and the ending was uninteresting due to the lack of emotions I felt (it was a good ending, plot wise, but at that point I was disconnected from the characters that I didn't find it interesting). The author was very clever to start the book with suspense though and with a secret that will make you keep reading to find out what it is. That is the only reason why I finished it just so I could find out that "secret" which in the end seemed like a script for a mediocre soap opera show (misunderstandings and lies that always worked for the main characters just because they were too gullible and easy to manipulate).

Usually, when I don't like the characters I just drop the story altogether and it's not that I hated the characters here...I just didn't care for them. Most of the book (except the beginning) was very hard for me to swallow because like another reviewer said, 1) the dialogue was juvenile 2)there are a lot of grammatical errors and 3) it was very very repetitive...I also found many other issues such as: extremely confusing when the story jumped from the past to the present or from one character's POV to another. Also, I got tired of the countless - "do you wanna get high?" "f**ck yea" - dialogue between the characters, it is like all of them had one mind, they all said, thought, wanted and did the same things. Character development was nonexistent in here because they always had the same conversation and I found myself rolling my eyes every time they told to one another "you're my best friend, I love you" etc like a hundred times throughout the book, it felt more like they were reassuring themselves that that's the way they feel instead of SHOWING their feelings. Since we were mostly in Dave's mind I could like him a little bit but Jon and the other characters were one dimensional and I couldn't find a motive to really like them. I don't know if it is the way the author structured the dialogue section of the characters or what but I felt like something was lacking when the characters were talking with one another...oh yeah: emotions!! I mean, when the characters repetitively said "I love you" I just didn't feel it! (by the way, the word "love" was thrown around like a ping pong ball, everybody loved everybody and the meaning of it was lost somehow) This is something that bugs me when I read and I can't feel nothing. I want a book to make me cry, laugh or even feel mad but here...nothing(except frustration).

Another thing that bugged me a lot was the description of the characters. We are not given full details of their looks in the beginning except for the length of their hair so I took the cover of the book as an example of the main characters and I imagined them that way. However, right when I was in middle of the book we are given some descriptions such as their hair color and Jon's eye color and it was SO different to what I had in mind! it really bothered me because in order to connect with a story I need to have a face for the characters in my mind but when all that is changed I find it hard to reconnect....the author could work a little bit in providing more descriptions at the right time, it doesn't have to be all or at once but surely not when you are in the middle of the story .

The ending, what I was so eager to find out...the suspense...the betrayal...all of it was disappointing. Maybe I read too much books with real heart breakers and suspense that this one did nothing (once again). It seems the characters were easily manipulated by the women, the girls say something and they lower their heads and do as they say without a fight. This is why I couldn't sympathize with the main characters when they drifted apart because there was no tension...no fight...and when I say "fight" I mean that they didn't fight for the love they supposedly had for one another. They just did what others told them to do or they needed the approval of others in order to do something regarding their relationship. The main character described his feelings but he only talked..."I felt this" "I did that" ...it didn't move me nor did it capture my attention. Show more and talk less is always better.

In sum, I didn't feel any connection with and among the characters. The dialogue between them was emotionless. Sadly, the couple of Dave and Jon is very dull and forgettable for me...unlike like the couples from my favorite books who burned a deep scar in my heart making them stay there forever...whereas Dave and Jon are like a beautiful leaf falling from a tree and flying in front of my face...I would stared at it and think "how beautiful and delicate" but as soon as it is out of my sight I'd completely forget about it.

Cry Silent Tears
Cry Silent Tears
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware: Not for the faint of heart, May 4, 2014
This review is from: Cry Silent Tears (Kindle Edition)
I don't know why I read these kinds of books but the first one of this kind was "A child called it", that book moved me like no other and I felt a great need to help children ever since.

This is my second book of true childhood abuse and it was a quick read. Due to being a real life story, I didn't know what rating to give it...I can't base my rating on the content because I already knew beforehand that it was about a baby boy suffering at the hands of horrible adults but it was still a shocking story that I found myself mad in many occasions!!! mad that a little boy was being treated that way....I was even angrier when the sexual abuse started and totally pissed off when the adults turned a blind eye and never believed the kid or when the older brother was to chicken to move a finger to help his little brother. I couldn't believe such people with such lack of heart could exist...I would have given it one star if the story would have been fiction because I wouldn't understand how the author could inflict so much pain upon his character and how no one...literally NO ONE helped this little boy!!. But it is a non-fiction story, it happened and it still happens to many children out there and it's just a reminder of how sad and unfair life can be.

Joe, the baby boy who suffered at the evil hands of her mother after his father died in a horrible way...I found myself asking to God "why didn't you kill the mother instead??", "why evil people get away so easily and live longer?". We will never know why things happen the way they do, the good thing about this story is that it gave me an insight of childhood behavior when they're being abused, they sometimes act aggressively or shut themselves out from everybody...one thing for sure is: always believe the child!!! if a child says he/she is being beaten or doesn't want to go home please listen to them...those red flags should never be ignored.

All in all, I still found myself being frustrated. I couldn't help but make comparisons with the book "A Child called it". Both mothers in both stories were outrageously mad, evil, with no heart at all for her kids. Worst of all, they were never punished for the pain they caused, the mother in "Cry silent tears" was even more despicable if that's even possible because she sold her son to pedophiles without any remorse HOW PEOPLE LIKE THAT CAN EXIST???!!! arg. The story was told from the child's point of view, he didn't know what was happening in many occasions, he didn't understand and my heart cried out to him when the baby shook his head indicating that even though he didn't understand what was happening, he didn't want to do it because he didn't like it and it hurt...yet, more pain came and no help arrived. There were also evil brothers in both stories and both kids developed an aggressive behavior to cope with their f**ed up lives. But in "a child called it" the boy was helped and rescued while here in "Cry silent tears" no one made a move to help or interfere for him, he eventually had to see for himself how to get out of this hell, get away from his mother and I was still mad that no one was punished.

In the end, both characters struggled to get away from their evil mothers but there is a happy ending for both of them. However, I was able to immerse myself in the book "a child called it" that I felt connected to the character and the story, it took me some time to finish it because it was so painful but it promised hope and redemption....whereas with "cry silent tears" I found myself reading fast and not actually connecting with the story, I was just reading words because everything seem void of any feeling other than fear and hate that I was unable to feel something when Joe found his happiness, probably because it was told in just one page and it wasn't elaborated, feelings weren't shared, just told so i didn't feel nothing. Wish we could have seen a bit of how he came to find love and healing....this book just told me that "this" and "that" happened to this boy and "this" and "that" continued to happen instead of showing it(not that I really want to see it *shudders*). Overall, it was...a nice book but very very very sad. I feel bad for giving it 3 1/2 stars (I put 3 instead but it's really three and a half)since the book only made me feel negatively towards people and the world itself but it wasn't the child's fault of course...I think I was left traumatized by it :( I had nightmares the night I finished the book and I dreamed with little Joe and how much he cried for help but the world was deaf to his pleadings.

However, Joe became a very brave boy with a gold of heart in spite of all the abuse he suffered. I am glad he is fine now. God bless him and his family and to children going through similar things...I pray God may help them in a way or another and that evil people get their punishments!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2014 9:13 PM PDT

Garmin nüvi 3590LMT 5-Inch Portable Bluetooth GPS Navigator with Lifetime Map and 3D Traffic Updates
Offered by D KOMPUTERS
Price: $289.00
26 used & new from $122.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad directions, April 22, 2014
I am a new driver, and I have to travel 2 hours to get to my job. I bought this GPS with the hopes that it would make my driving easier since it was my first time driving and to a far away, unknown place.

Pros:
The GPS voice keeps constant reminders of turns and times.
It looks almost like a mini tablet which makes it easier to look at the next turns and intersections.

Cons:
It doesn't give the best addresses. I have the settings for fastest addresses but when I compared it to my cellphone GPS, my cellphone gave me the best routes to get faster and travel easily without any problem while this fancy GPS gave different routes that took longer and were frustrating for me.

This GPS only gives me 2 routes the most!! while my cellphone GPS gave me like 6 routes to choose from.

In my cellphone I can soom in the map or my route and see the names and numbers of the streets and choose another route while in this one you can't see or soom in the map to check the street names and numbers.

Needless to say, the GPS I use for my driving directions is the one from my cellphone. I should have listened to a friend of mine who told me that buying a GPS was useless because they are expensive and deliver the same job as the GPS from smartphones. Which is not true at all...because I found that my cellphone GPS does a better job than this one.

Now I have to sell it so I can get back what I wasted on it. :(
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2014 7:28 AM PDT

Shades of Gray
Shades of Gray
Price: $6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense and magnificent!, April 12, 2014
This review is from: Shades of Gray (Kindle Edition)
I got this book because I read that the author of "Zero at the bone" liked it and that book is one of my favorites...now "Shades of gray" is in the list of "my favorite books" too.

I do highly enjoy these kinds of settings (police officer/FBI falling in love with their "enemy"). The characters are well developed, very different from each other and yet, they compliment one another very well. We also deal with how "being in the closet and not wanting to get out" feels like, but I'm glad that the characters didn't remain the same as in the beginning and they realistically changed thanks to the wonderful feeling of "love" and finding their own path.

I have to admit that I fell in love with Danny (it's so weird & sad when you like a fictitious person, ha!) because of his courageous and tender spirit, he also made me laugh numerous times, plus his sarcastic side is kind of sexy^^ He is exactly what Miller needed to come out of his shell and Miller (the soft, quiet type of guy) is exactly what Danny needed as well to be able to forgive himself. The title fits perfectly with the story since no one is 100% good or 100% bad but sometimes we tend to criticize people a lot without knowing their past, how they ended up the way they did and their reasons for doing what they did. Everyone of us are part of the "shades of gray" world and everyone deserves a second chance. I'm glad Danny, a sweet heart broken but courageous man full of life, was given that second chance of getting out of the dark and finding the light we all desperately need

I wish I could read more of their life together, I really hate it when the characters are separated for a long time and when they get together again it ends so fast but that's just because when I like a story so much I don't want to stop reading...too bad all good things come to an end *sighs* Other than that, it was a good read and can't wait to read more books from this author!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5