Profile for Breezy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Breezy RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Viva Labs Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 Ounce
Viva Labs Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 Ounce
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $18.95
13 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked!, June 24, 2014
You can pretty much use this stuff for everything! It tastes great... put it on toast, in my coffee, on my skin and face. I'm almost out of it in such a short amount of time, that's how much I use it. Great product!

NYX Cream Blush, Natural, 0.12-Ounce
NYX Cream Blush, Natural, 0.12-Ounce
Price: $4.19
8 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars The key to this blush is a stippling brush-GET ONE!, March 26, 2014
This blush is FANTASTIC. Recently, I decided to change up my makeup routine by experimenting with different forms of blush (powder vs. cream), foundations, primers, beauty tools, etc. You get the idea. I've been using powder blushes for as long as I've used makeup (maybe 20 years!) so I decided to give cream blush a shot. Now, there are TONS of cream blushes on the market, and because I was a newbie on the cream blush scene, I didn't want to spend $25/30 (or more) on the popular brands like NARS and Stila (brands that women swear by). NYX is also a brand that I've learned is quite popular, and at a FRACTION of the cost. Alas, I made my purchase (for like $6 bucks) and I'm hooked.

SO... to explain the heading of this review, the ONLY way (IMO) to effectively apply this blush is to use a stippling brush (I purchased the Real Techniques one here on Amazon-amazing). DON'T use your fingers- it just doesn't apply as nicely and I think the people that gave this product bad reviews just don't know how to properly apply cream blush (i.e. using fingers or the wrong brushes).

First, apply color to the stippling brush by running the edges of the brush over the color pan in circular motions... you don't need a lot of color so apply it to your brush sparingly, as you can reapply until you get your desired result. Now, stipple (or lightly dab the brush repeatedly on your cheek area)... I follow the natural contours of my cheek bones. You can add more color to the brush and repeat until you achieve your desired result. Your blush will look natural and flawless, TRUST ME. It does take a little more time than my usual powder blush, but totally worth the end results.

Now, as far as the blushes, I cannot compare them to any other cream blushes, simply because I have not used anything but NYX... and to be honest, you really don't need to spend a lot of money because NYX has SO many colors and really does last long- all day for me! I purchased both Glow and Natural and love them, however, I think Glow will look better when I have a tan (I have fair skin), as it is more pigmented than Natural. Natural is just that-very "natural" looking and great for fair skin. I plan on buying more because the price point affords me the opportunity to test a variety of colors.

I also have the NYX cream blush sticks and absolutely LOVE them. You apply them exactly the same way as I indicated above.

real Techniques Stippling Brush
real Techniques Stippling Brush
Price: $9.99
14 used & new from $5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential brush!, March 3, 2014
I never even heard of a stippling brush, much less knew how to use one, until I came across a Real Techniques video tutorial on how versatile this brush actually is... I was sold. Its inexpensive so if I didn't like it, no big financial loss, however, I love it! I use it mostly for layering blushes, especially if I use a cream blush after I contour. Also works great for stippling highlighting powder over my blush or areas where I want a light dusting of powder/highlighter. Its such a great addition to my brush collection, so I'm glad I made this purchase!

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Price: $8.49
20 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the hype!, March 2, 2014
I bought this brush after watching a RT video tutorial on how to use it, and was of course influenced by the many positive reviews. Well, my experience with this brush has been fantastic. I wasn't even sure if I would really use it a lot because I am a loyal Bare Minerals powder foundation user, however, I do apply a layer of liquid BB cream under my BM foundation, so I've used it for that. It really provides an excellent, even finish to my BB cream and it seems that I don't use as much BB cream when I apply it with this brush...a little seems to go a long way. I also recently bought a cream blush and plan to use as my cream blush applicator for a dewy, blended finish into my mineral foundation. I read some reviews that said they use this brush for powder blushes and/or mineral foundation, but I wouldn't recommend it for anything powder... its just not a good choice of brush for that. Anyway, this brush is a winner so far!

Kenneth Cole New York Women's Asymmetrical Down Coat, Black, X-Small
Kenneth Cole New York Women's Asymmetrical Down Coat, Black, X-Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Super stylish but not very warm..., February 28, 2014
Love the look of this jacket... its on-trend with the moto style and is very slimming. Yes, its a bit awkward to zip up the jacket because of the asymmetrical zipper, but what can you do? Not a big deal to me. As for size, I got an XS per usual for my 5'4 115lb frame and it fits me well. I can see why ppl complained that it runs small bc the design of the jacket is very form fitting, so size up if you tend to wear bulky sweaters or layers. This brings me to my next point.... this jacket is not very warm, especially if you are expecting the warmth of a standard down/puffy jacket. This is why I took off a star. If you are looking for a stylish slimming jacket and your area's temperatures generally stay above freezing (30's and above), then this jacket will fit the bill. If you're looking for warmth, however, look elsewhere.

6 Watch Crystal Face Protectors 39mm
6 Watch Crystal Face Protectors 39mm
Offered by mytuffstuff
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, February 13, 2014
I originally ordered this product in 39mm, which is the measurement of my watch by the manufacturer... Unfortunately, this size was too big. I contacted the seller and was informed that sometimes the watch manufacturer's measurements are off (relative to the seller's measurements anyway). I measured my watch myself and informed the seller of this information, and was then sent the protectors in size 37mm (which worked). Point being, measure your watch and check with the seller's scale before choosing a size. I must say that I had a good customer service experience, in light of the aforementioned mishap. They were quick to respond and address the sizing issue.

Now, as for the product... My only complaint is that the clarity of the cover (once applied to my watch) was noticeably duller than my watch face without the cover. A guess it's worth the slight loss of aesthetics to keep the face from looking beat up.

Mack's Ear Care Ultra Soft Foam Earplugs, 50 Count
Mack's Ear Care Ultra Soft Foam Earplugs, 50 Count
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $7.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Nope, February 4, 2014
Got these based on the amazing reviews, and was really surprised that they aren't that great in terms of noise reduction. Might as well stuff some cotton balls in my ears! Hearos is much better, so I'm making the switch back!

BCBGeneration Women's Parade Pump
BCBGeneration Women's Parade Pump
Price: $24.26 - $90.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot, January 30, 2014
I just received this shoe, which I ordered in the nude/cashew color... exactly what I was looking for! Perfect color to go with any outfit/color scheme, and I like the snakeskin-like pattern of the shoe to add some interest to your outfit. I can't speak on the level of comfort because I haven't worn them yet, but the shoe runs true to size. Def recommend!

Grannick's Bitter Apple for Dogs Spray Bottle, 16 Ounces
Grannick's Bitter Apple for Dogs Spray Bottle, 16 Ounces
Offered by Fat Happy Pets
Price: $11.18
37 used & new from $6.48

2.0 out of 5 stars I wish this worked, February 20, 2013
We recently got a maltese/yorkie mix puppy, who chews EVERYTHING. He also bites and chases feet, which has become a major issue and is PAINFUL! Bought this stuff hoping the feet chasing would end- sprayed my shoes and bottoms of pants. He immediately sniffed the air and kind of backed away, however, after this stuff dried (which was in seconds), he continued to bite my feet/chase my pant legs. So in short, for me it worked when wet, but once this stuff dries, nothing. The search for a method to end my puppy's biting continues!

Organize It All Over-The-Door 18-Pair Wire Shoe Rack (17701)
Organize It All Over-The-Door 18-Pair Wire Shoe Rack (17701)
Price: $31.94
4 used & new from $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for women's heels!, October 1, 2012
This shoe rack is perfect for my needs (women's stilettos) but as others mentioned, it will not hold three pairs of men's shoes per row (only two).... There is simply not enough room. I tried it with my husband's dress shoes, which are normal width, size ten so not overly big shoes. This product is sturdy and feels secure on my door because I put a cube of mounting tape under each bar at the bottom... With the weight of my shoes and the mounting tape, the rack doesn't move or wiggle at all, so problem solved with respect to that (other indicated that wiggling was an issue so this was my solution). I took off one star bc of the issue with men's shoes, but if you're a single gal looking for extra storage for your shoes/stilettos or even your bags (I have some handbags hanging from the bottom row), then this is perfect for you!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3