Profile for lilycache > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

lilycache RSS Feed

The Sea Has Spoken
The Sea Has Spoken
Offered by Shoppin Made Easy
Price: $10.13
20 used & new from $0.96

5.0 out of 5 stars SO GLAD I BOUGHT THIS!, December 14, 2014
This review is from: The Sea Has Spoken (Audio CD)
This is a fabulous album, recommended by another artist. So glad I bought it. Most of the songs are instrumental. And though I would call this "world music" because of the variety of instruments used, the styles also vary. Quality of concept and execution is superb. A great album to play while driving long-distance or while doing something artistic, like painting (which I do). This was a great find. Looking forward to their next release.

Life and Love
Life and Love
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A VOICE OF SWIRLING COLOR, May 21, 2014
This review is from: Life and Love (MP3 Music)
This is a fabulous find. Wow. This young woman has an amazing heart--and a message you want to hear. Her voice is like color reflected on sparkling water. It swirls and flows. She paints with her vocals. Such a fresh sound. She is twenty-something and I am a Boomer--and she reminds me of the troubadours of the late '60's and early '70's but without the drugs! Poetry with depth, nothing shallow here. Reality and hope co-exist in her songs. Man, you should listen to this music. This is the real deal.

Advanced Charting Techniques for High Probability Trading: The Most Accurate And Predictive Charting Method Ever Created
by Joseph Hooper
Price: $34.78
45 used & new from $25.72

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE CHANGING, FOR SURE, February 25, 2013
I have taken the CSE Advanced Charting seminar several times, and I currently subscribe to the Platinum Advanced Charting coaching service, which gives me access to the proprietary charting tools described in this book. I highly recommend it. No book or trading seminar can instantly make you into a decent options trader. But I can say from my personal experience with this material that with a commitment both to learn the concepts of the chart indicators and then to actually apply them in trading (first in a virtual account and then with real money as skill increases), a person can start making astonishing returns using this approach in a relatively short period of time.

I myself have been using the charting tools described in the book to trade options in my IRA for the last two trading months. For one of those months I made net-net cash gains on closed positions of over 4% for the month (as measured against the total value of that brokerage account) in a month where I could only trade for 13 days out of 20 because I was traveling. Think of what I could have made if I could have traded the other third of the month!

In the prior month I made more than 5% net-net cash gains on that same account, but I was just starting out--my first month trading real money. I did spend the prior two months practicing the techniques daily in my virtual account until I was confident enough to trade real money.

I have made a few spectacular returns on individual day-trade positions, but I am just a newbie at this. More typical at this time would be some of the trades I closed today in my IRA. I made 2.4% on one QQQ trade today in 10 minutes. I made 2% in one AAPL trade in 20 minutes. And I made 2.6% in QQQ in 1 hour 38 minutes. Every position I opened today was closed profitably before the market closed. That's one of the goals of the techniques described in this book. Believe me, I could never do this if I was not using the charts and techniques of Advanced Charting explained in this book.

When used correctly, Advanced Charting really delivers. Of course it takes focus and follow-through to become reasonable confident and competent doing this. The first time I was exposed to the concepts in this book, I said out loud to myself, "My life has just changed." And I was right. This has been life-changing for me. I intend to continue trading with this technique for the rest of my life. This is a fabulous business with so many different avenues of potential application.

Just one more comment on one reviewer's disappointment in the book not disclosing the nuts and bolts of the indicators on the charts. I actually view that as an advantage. It helped me learn the techniques faster and get to the practical application of them in virtual and real trading. I'm at a time in my life where I'm more interested in results than in theories. Show me the money! And if they actually disclosed their underlying assumptions for these indicators, I would still never have the time to jerry-rig a system of my own that worked anywhere near as well as theirs anyway.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2014 8:07 PM PST

Fill Your Watercolors with Light and Color
Fill Your Watercolors with Light and Color
by Roland Roycraft
31 used & new from $8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS BOOK, April 25, 2012
I am an amateur water-colorist, specializing in formal botanicals but also doing landscapes. I love this man's style and am intrigued with his technique, especially the pouring and masking aspects. I ran into this book in a retreat house library and had to buy it to try out the techniques. Haven't tried them yet, but the pictures themselves are a feast for my eyes. I am so glad I bought this book. Looking forward to getting the teaching DVDs.

Pick Four (4 Pack - Designed to Share)
Pick Four (4 Pack - Designed to Share)
by Zig Ziglar
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $23.99
7 used & new from $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me launch new business, December 7, 2011
I heard about these planners through Seth Godin's blog. Having benefited so much from Seth's books and his core principle of "ship it," I ordered these as soon as they were out. I was not disappointed. I took them on a personal retreat last August and came up with 4 goals for the next 12 weeks. Last Friday was the final day of my 12-week journey with these 4 goals. I did not fully achieve all four, but one of the four was to launch a new business venture. THAT one was spectacularly fulfilled. I was so encouraged each week--each day in some cases--about how I was making progress toward this goal of having this venture up and running and very profitable from the start. I gave myself a week off and am starting another 12 weeks with a new set of goals next week. Even on the goals I did not fully achieve, I got so much more accomplished toward them than I would have done otherwise. And the analysis that the planner walked me through each week helped me understand the resistance that kept presenting itself on those goals. So I now have a better handle on why one of the goals in particular was so hard to achieve.

I have used other goal systems, but this one takes you by the hand and actually walks you through the pursuit of the goals you set. That gives it a kind of accountability factor. If you actually take the daily small steps toward the goals you write, you will find yourself so much farther down the road at the end of the 12 weeks than you would have been without this focusing/accountability tool. It sure worked for me....and I am ordering 2 more packs of them to give to clients and relatives as New Year's gifts. Thanks, Seth, for putting these together again.