Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Mike J. > Reviews

Browse

Mike J.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 126

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mike J. "-Mike" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
LEGO The DeLorean Time Machine Building Set 21103
LEGO The DeLorean Time Machine Building Set 21103
Offered by Expedited_Deals
Price: $126.00
241 used & new from $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully detailed and fun to assemble, April 4, 2016
Beautifully detailed and fun to assemble. Looks great on my shelf! I love that modifications are included to represent the DeLorean's journey through all three movies. A+ Would buy again! =P

Alvin Tech-Matic Delux Leadholder (MF6)
Alvin Tech-Matic Delux Leadholder (MF6)
Offered by Hyatt's All Things Creative
Price: $13.55
8 used & new from $7.15

1.0 out of 5 stars quality continues to go downhill, April 4, 2016
Used to be my favorite lead holder. Unfortunately, times have changed and quality continues to go downhill. The "cone" at the front is oversized and provides no support to the lead. Imagine it as though there's 1" of lead sticking out of your pencil. Any pressure applied at all will snap it internally, if that makes any sense. Bottom line: USELESS. DO NOT BUY. It's a shame as these used to be the gold standard in lead holders.

Anti-Slip Anti-Bacterial Bath Mat 16" x 28"
Anti-Slip Anti-Bacterial Bath Mat 16" x 28"
Offered by Perella's
Price: $19.95
9 used & new from $8.40

4.0 out of 5 stars And I have yet to see any mold grow like my last one, April 4, 2016
Smaller than I expected, but very soft and grippy. And I have yet to see any mold grow like my last one. Well worth it! Just wish it was a little longer...

Etekcity Digital Postal Hook Fishing Scale, Backlit LCD Display, 2 AAA Batteries Included, 110lb/50kg
Offered by U-Light

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying to use, April 4, 2016
Every time I weigh my gear, the number is slightly different, though within a few ounces so it's acceptable, just not very precise. Also, you have to re-zero the scale after EACH use. Yes, every single time you put something on it and get a reading, you have to take it of and hit a button to reset. This is pretty annoying in practice and I wish there was a way to disable this "hold" feature....

Nylon Multipurpose Vise Jaws - Use on Any Metal Vise - Magnetic - Reversible for flat or Round Products - Choose 4"or 6"- 2 sets in 1.
Offered by KitchenIsUs
Price: $15.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't feel like dealing with a return, April 4, 2016
I was expecting 6" and somehow got 4" .... It still works, I'm just missing out on vice capacity. Didn't feel like dealing with a return. Be warned.

Monstrum Tactical Medium Profile Picatinny Riser Mount (0.8" H x 1.5" L), for Red Dots
Offered by Heavy Duty Deals
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides lower 1/3 co-witness with standard Aimpoint low pro mount ..., April 4, 2016
Provides lower 1/3 co-witness with standard Aimpoint low pro mount.
Rock Solid, cheap, does exactly what it's supposed to do.
I wanted a QD mount for my Aimpoint H1, but for 1/6 the cost I could get jet this riser.
A+

SLICK - brown fox clip
SLICK - brown fox clip
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $6.29
33 used & new from $1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, December 21, 2015
This review is from: SLICK - brown fox clip (Toy)
Nothing looks better hanging from my rear view mirror than this little fox ^_^

Pepsi Perfect Cola, 16.9 Ounce - Limited Collector's Edition
Pepsi Perfect Cola, 16.9 Ounce - Limited Collector's Edition

1.0 out of 5 stars Total crap. Pepsi sucks., October 21, 2015
Botched release. Constantly checking link. Went from not here to sold out faster than I could click. All 12 of them I guess

CURT 18110 Cargo Carrier
CURT 18110 Cargo Carrier
Price: $71.75
32 used & new from $63.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, March 23, 2015
I purchased this to use as a temporary mini flatbed of sorts, for hauling small loads here and there. Works great, feels plenty sturdy, and (for me) fits without any noticeable rattle while driving. My hatch-back has plenty of clearance to open while installed (too much actually - more on that later), and there are more than enough tie-down strap points. The grill-like floor is fine enough that I don't have to worry about anything falling through or balancing the load across bars. Oh, and the overall lift is only a few inches, but it's just enough that I don't have to worry about bottoming out on bumps and inclines. Overall I'm very happy with it.

However... There are a couple things I would (and did) change:

1) The gap between the basket and my car was at least a foot and looked kind of ridiculous sticking out so far. Perhaps this additional clearance would be useful if you have a recessed / hidden-hitch, but since my hitch is pretty much flush with my bumper I decided to cut down the bar and re-drill the hitch pin hole. Due to the bend/lift I was only able to save about 3" but I can live with that.

2) This carrier doesn't use a standard hitch pin. Instead, the hole is threaded and you must use the included bolt and washers - this is what they mean by "pin included". (It's smaller than a standard 1/2" pin - a 1/2" pin will not fit.) It's designed that way so you can tighten it down and reduce hitch wobble/vibration, but that also means you have to screw and unscrew a fairly tight, long bolt to your receiver every time you want to install or remove the carrier. ... keep in mind how much room you have to work next to your hitch. As I remove the carrier after each use, this is tedious and unnecessary; I would much rather prefer a standard 1/2" hole. So, when I cut down the bar, I just re-drilled a clean 1/2" hole. Done.

Lastly, I had initial concerns that the floor would be weak as it's not welded down the middle (The frame ships in two pieces, and the floor is welded to three sides of each piece. When assembled there's nothing really supporting the grill in the center - it's just resting on the center bar). Fortunately I can stand with both feet on either side and there's no significant sagging. I haven't put more than 150lbs on it yet but for my needs it's working perfectly.

Brighten Your Day!: I love Cats Picture Book (Books for Happy People 29)
Brighten Your Day!: I love Cats Picture Book (Books for Happy People 29)

1.0 out of 5 stars My review in haiku, March 12, 2015
Forty two cats pics
Not particularly cute
Don't waste your money

Edit:
This is hilarious: within hours of posting my review it gets two "not helpful's" ... you know what that means, right? The author and/or his/her friend(s) received the review notification, saw that it was poor, and immediately down-voted it. I'm sorry, Allison Heath, but downvoting a review simply because it isn't a glowing one, doesn't make your crap book any better. Heh.. "book" is an overstatement. I was being *nice* when I gave it 2 stars. There are MILLIONS of cat-pics on the internet; what good is your "book?" What does it provide, for THREE DOLLARS, that the internet doesn't already provide? There's no commentary, no story... just 42 cat pics. I see better pics on my friends' Facebook feeds. Downvote this all you want but it's here to stay. I hope everyone sees it and doesn't waste their money.

Oh, and I'm taking away the pitty-star I gave you. This book is SERIOUSLY worthless.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2015 3:43 PM PDT