Profile for Joseph Spiegel > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 555

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joseph Spiegel "Joe" RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Offered by Med Therapies
Price: $19.12
8 used & new from $12.83

2.0 out of 5 stars Dry really dry, December 21, 2014
SOYJOY Snack Bar, Dark Chocolate Cherry, 1.05 Ounce, 12 Count

This bar is dry. Like, cardboard dry. I would recommend having it with a cup of coffee or tea. The flavor is fair, the sugar is high for its size, at eleven. It’s not very chocolaty and the cherry is weak too. I just get the dryness. It is gluten free, so that’s good if you need that. I had to make an effort to finish one to properly review it. Not really recommend it if you want a snack. There are other better choices that also have less sugar.

Price: $23.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent grater, December 17, 2014
Zyliss Classic Cheese Grater

I have a number of Zyliss kitchen tools and they are of superior quality, this cheese grater is no exception. It is very well made and easy to use and clean. I made short work of a hunk of a block of parmesan cheese. I don’t usually get the good stuff but for testing I bought a wedge of Reggiano. The Zyliss makes a medium fine powder as opposed to shreds or slices. It’s a similar grain as what you would expect from a Kraft can. The exception is it’s fresh and tastes so much better. You must treat yourself if you get this grater. It will also handle nuts and chocolate.

You can convert it from right handed to left handed by unscrewing everything and assembling it reversed. The crank for lefties goes towards you instead of away. I also ran it through the dishwasher to clean it and it comes out perfect. This is an excellent tool and you will have a blast using it to make fresh grated cheese.

iGearPro 16GB USB Flash Drive Digital Audio Voice Recorder - Rechargeable Mini Hidden Pen Drive - 1 Year Warranty
Offered by SKYBOK
Price: $25.99
3 used & new from $22.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun little personal recorder., December 15, 2014

This a tiny little recorder. It is a USB thumb drive with 16GB on board and a little switch near the top that turns on the recorder function. All you can do is turn it on and off. It will create a file each time you do. "REC001.WAV REC002 REC003" etc. When you copy them off to your computer you can then rename them to the event you recorded. Taking some reminder notes or waiting for the light to lock red and dictate the title is a good idea. When I was in college, in the Jurassic Era, I lugged a "portable" cassette recorder to record my teachers' lectures for review later. This would have been so much easier.

The sound quality is very good considering you don't have an external mike to point. It is a little boomy but perfectly understandable. It will pick up extraneous noise in a large hall environment. The instructions, inside the blister card in the packaging, says it has three bit rates it can record. The default is 128k and I haven't a clue on how to change it. It should record about 300 hours of data on the 16GB stick. Recharging is easy just plug it into any USB charging device you have.

Being so small it can easily get lost. I'd suggest putting a tether through the loop at the top. I really like it and think it's a very good value. Now if we figure out the bit rate change I'll amend this.

Update: 12/17/14
I spoke to the vendor and was informed the instructions are in error. The recorder can only record at 128K.

This product was provided at no cost for the purpose of evaluation and review.

Aduro SHATTERGUARDZ Premium Tempered Glass High Clarity Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 6 Plus (5.5" Screen Size)
Offered by Entronik
Price: $25.99
5 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No bubbles and great protection, December 14, 2014

This is the first screen shield I’ve ever put on any phone or tablet I’ve owned that went on bubble free the first (and second) time. I followed the directions on the box. I cleaned my iPhone 6 Plus, I had cleaner so I didn’t use the enclosed swab. I aligned the glass and started to peel the glue side protector and then lowered it completely. I was amazed at seeing the air under the glass just melt away.

I didn’t hit my target perfectly the first time. So I carefully peeled it off re-aimed and placed it again. This time I hit perfectly and just watched the air gap squeeze itself out except for one corner which I finished with the included cardboard squeegee. Also included is a little microfiber cloth some dust removal stickers a couple of home button covers (on a 6 Plus??) and a blue large sticker I have no idea what it is.

The glass is as clear and distortion free as I could hope for. My finger slides easily and controls everything perfectly. I see no fingerprints and my fingers are oily. I don’t see any prints or smudges on the iPhone screen either. Excellent glass cover!

The only neg and it’s a small one is it isn’t edge to edge and because of the lies flat and doesn’t follow the iPhone curved edge, I haven’t seen one that does, yet. For $10 it’s a steal. Plastic shields cost this much and always have bubbles. I’m in heaven.

Offered by Attmu Group
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice excersise and strength building set, December 14, 2014
Attmu Multiple Yoga Exercise Resistance Band Set

I was glad to be able to test these resistance bands. I like the color coding so I can put as little or as much resistance together with multiple bands. There are no instructions so you’ll have to get some advice as to some exercises to do.

I got some advice from my mom’s physical therapist as to how to help her with these bands to do some basic strengthening. She’s 96 so we’re not trying to overdo it for her, just keep her moving. It’s working out very well and I’m following along but with some added resistance. There are videos and information online to help with more instruction. The build quality is very good and the spring clips keep the bands secured to the D-Rings very well. If I can get anywhere near the guy in the phots above, I’ll be happy. ;-)

This product was provided at no cost for the purpose of evaluation and review.

Aduro POWERUP 3.1 Amps/10W Dual USB Port Rapid Car Charger for Apple iPhone 4 / 4S / 5 / 5S / 5C / 6, iPad 2 / 3 / 4 / Air, Samsung Galaxy S3 / S4 / S5 / Note 2 / Note 3, Motorola DROID Razr Maxx, LG, HTC One / M8 (Retail Packaging) Black
Offered by Entronik
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well I like it!, December 14, 2014

This is a very good charger outlet for your car. It has two USB plugs and supports tablets and smartphones. I plugged in my iPad Air2 and iPhone 6 Plus, bot lit up and started to charge. The build is very good and there’s a blue LED to show that it is getting power from the car. While not the shortest length charger I’ve ever seen it is short enough to be out of the way. I like it, it does what it’s supposed to do and does it well.

Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $7.74

4.0 out of 5 stars These are bigger than the original C-18 and need to be squeezed in, December 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ultra Fresh: Kenmore C, Q and 5055, Panasonic C-5 and C-18 Micro Filtration Bag, 12 Bags Treated with Ultra-Fresh for Models 50557, 50558, MC-V150M and AMC-J3EP

I have a Panasonic MC-CG885 canister vacuum cleaner. It uses C-18 bags. These bags are supposed to fit. They kind of do but they are very different than the original Panasonic bags. I've taken two side by side pictures on a brown sheet background and I hope they are visible with this review. One is side by side to show the dimension difference. The second picture is held in my hand to show the thickness difference.

I did successfully get the bag into my vacuum bag cradle but I had to fold up the bag a lot to do it. The Panasonic fits in the cradle like it was designed to fit it. The Panasonic bag is like a soft pillow this one is like a stiff bag. As to their filtering capabilities I don't have the tools to measure that. I didn't notice a difference with my vacuuming test. These Ultra Fresh bags are way cheaper, at about a buck a bag vs about $3-$5 each for the Panasonic Panasonic AMC-J3EP Canister Replacement Bag(type C-18)(4/U) for MC-CG885. I'm concerned with all the folding to get the UF bag in you lose capacity. That is a messy involved test to do and I'm not equipped to do that.

Bottom line is they fit with some effort and my vacuum was doing its job. The price is good and probably worth a test drive.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2014 9:14 PM PST

GE Lighting 13909 Energy-Smart LED 16-watt, 1600-Lumen A21 Bulb with Medium Base, Soft White, 1-Pack
Price: $25.17
3 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but expensive LED bulb (not as currently pictured), December 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The first thing I want to note is; as I write this the bulb pictured in the offering is not the bulb I got. The one pictured looks like, well, a bulb. The one I got is thinner in shape and has fins all over the bulb part. If you look at the picture of the box you can see in the packaging the bulb with fins. That's what you actually get.

I recently converted a lot of the incandescent bulbs in my home to LED. I primarily used Cree bulbs (which look just like traditional bulbs) with some decorator Feit bulbs in my bathroom. The Cree Cree 18-Watt (100W) Soft/Warm White (2700K) LED Light Bulb 1600 Lumens Omnidirectional bulbs like this GE bulb is 2700k which is the equivalent to a traditional "Soft White" bulb. It is a pleasing familiar color of light. If you have mostly soft white use the 2700k as your guide to have a familiar experience. If you are changing bulbs in a kitchen consider 4000-5000k for a whiter experience and better for food coloration.

I removed one of my Cree bulbs in a lamp and put in the GE. Even with the fins it threw a good amount of even light. I have a second identical lamp and was able to compare the two bulbs in the same room. I was pleased with both and noticed no particular difference. All the tech specs were right in line with each other as was longevity. The notable difference was the price. The GE bulb is about ten dollars more expensive then the Cree at a Depot store. That can add up rather quickly to a large amount of money. In my opinion the GE bulb does a fine job if the cost matters, maybe buy one of each and do some side by side testing before you commit to a large purchase. In case you are not familiar with Cree. If you've ever bought a high end LED flashlight/torch odds are it has a Cree LED.

Price: $42.46
6 used & new from $36.41

1.0 out of 5 stars Slim?, December 13, 2014
Belkin Slim Style Case / Cover for iPad Air 2 and iPad Air (Blacktop & Gravel)

I hate this case. I don’t often start my reviews with such a statement but I felt I needed to. It is extremely heavy, my Air2 in it weighs 1 pound 12 ounces. That’s heavy for an Air2 in a case. A Jack of all trades Master of none. The Air and Air2 are not the same and one case doesn’t fit both. This one tries too but fails. On my Air2 it was a struggle to get it inside the corner grabbers. Then there is all this extra plastic along the sides that don’t ouch the Air2. Is it supposed to be shock absorbing to protect in a fall? That doesn’t mean it can’t touch the tablet? There is a mystery hole to the right of the camera cutout hole. I’m thinking the Air had a microphone there, so I get stuck with an extra hole, for what reason?

The cover is magnetic and triggers the screen to shut off and wake, a good thing. Though it often misaligns and closes off kilter, that’s annoying. One of the extended plastics is the stand that helps the iPad stand up in the case. It can adjust to virtually unlimited positions as it stands via friction, not in a slot. The next thing that really gets me is the case about doubles the thickness of the Air2. The case is protective but in a fall that bounces the cover is going to come loose and flop around exposing the screen. It’s only just so protective. The buttons along the two edges are partially obstructed by the case edge, making them difficult to use.

I cannot recommend this case. There are cheaper and better choices.

Price: $7.37
3 used & new from $3.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great temporary/permanent hooks., December 13, 2014
Command Party Banner Anchors, 4-Anchors, 8-Strips

I’ve used Command hooks and items over the years. To me they are now the go-to temporary and permanent hanging hooks. I used this one to set up a sign on my door to tell UPS and or FedEx to ring my bell and not just drop and run. This is for when I have outgoing packages. The round plastic hanger is barely visible so it doesn’t hurt the look of the door. It is easy to put on, clean the surface where it’s going. Peel and stick the glue strip first to the hook then mount to the door or wall. Press and hold it in place for thirty seconds and you’re done. If you ever need to remove it you just pull the tab that hangs below it. The stretching breaks up the glue and it just comes off. Easy-peasy. This is great stuff.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20