Profile for Chris Newby > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Newby RSS Feed (Mission Viejo, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Crazy Girls Womens Boyfriend Pocket Cardigan Jersey Shrug
Crazy Girls Womens Boyfriend Pocket Cardigan Jersey Shrug
Offered by Crazy Girls Collection
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, October 27, 2014
Soft material, comfy. Hangs a little lower than expected and not as warm as I'd hoped (I was expecting more like a sweater, but it's more like another shirt). Still really like it though!

Potty Training Baby
Potty Training Baby
Offered by The_Marketplace_Maven
Price: $11.99
7 used & new from $11.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap chunk of plastic, June 1, 2014
This review is from: Potty Training Baby (Toy)
This thing doesn't work. The hole in the bottle wasn't drilled properly, so I had to cut it in order to fill it with water, only to discover the same problem with the doll's mouth. There is no way to get enough water in there to make it "pee". My son stripped the clothes off of the doll and the elastic on the shorts ripped very first useage as well.

The only upside? My son is very excited to care for the "baby", especially since we have newborn in the house as well.

Handmade Viking Baby Hat Set with Cell Phone Anti-dust Plug
Handmade Viking Baby Hat Set with Cell Phone Anti-dust Plug
Offered by Be Colourful
Price: $4.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, April 18, 2014
This hat is well made and soft. The horns don't look quite so "pronounced" as they do in the picture, which I'm perfectly fine with. It is larger than expected, though. My 1mo old son's head circumference was 36cm (90th percentile, so not small) when we left the hospital and this covers his eyes, ears and almost his nose. Sizing should probably be marked around 6-12mos. He'll grow into it!
Comment Comment | Permalink

LG Motion 4G MS770 Wristlet Wallet Clutch w/Built-In Card Compartments NuVur ™- PURPLE
Offered by NuVur
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, March 7, 2014
I generally like to travel light, and my cell phone case was getting a little scratched by my keys, so I started looking in to these wallets.

It fits a few basic necessities by way of card slots (DL, debit/credit cards, door badge for work, 3-4 non-laminated cards, and in the pocket I would normally assume is for cash is where I've stored insurance cards). My cell phone does have a thinner case and it buttons shut, although barely. There are no other pockets for additional cash or whatever, so if you do need to carry more than that this is NOT the wallet for you.

I thought the button would be magnetized to help it stay closed, and I would have loved for it to have a window pocket sewn into the outside for my DL. The color is a very nice, deep eggplant purple.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase!

Silvery Air Inflation Sports Ball Point Needle 5PCS
Silvery Air Inflation Sports Ball Point Needle 5PCS
Offered by Daily-use Ships From HongKong
Price: $1.31
35 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars As described, what more can you expect?, February 25, 2014
I bought these. Shipping from China took 4 weeks. I then used them to fill my son's soccer ball, and they worked without difficulty or complication. Not much else to say.

Educational Insights The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game
Educational Insights The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game
Price: $13.16
56 used & new from $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many small parts, February 24, 2014
I bought this for my 3yr old thinking that we could teach him about turn-taking and sharing, especially before his little brother arrives next month. Instead, I find myself digging around for 20 acorns around my living room every day, each of which is only about 1" long, paranoid that I'll miss one and it will be a choking hazard. He also peeled apart the logs, continues to refer to the spinner as a clock, and wants nothing to do with the squirrel tongs.

This is exceptionally cute, but really not well thought out.

Dirt Devil Quick Lite Plus Bagless Upright Vacuum, UD20015
Dirt Devil Quick Lite Plus Bagless Upright Vacuum, UD20015
Price: $49.99
31 used & new from $35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, yet effective, February 24, 2014
I bought this vacuum because it's essentially a newer version of my old Dirt Devil, which lasted me six YEARS.

The old vacuum, I purchased under the very simple parameters of bagless, HEPA filter and not terribly expensive. While I did have to take it apart every now and then to clear clogged hoses (and, of course, replace the filter), it lasted me through several roommates (one of which had 2 small children, and the other a long-haired cat), being lent out occasionally, and my own son, who is now in the toddler-terror stage of messiness. It finally died, and when I saw this one for under $50 it was a no-brainer to snatch it up.

We've had it about a month now and I use it every couple days. My only 2 gripes with this one are: (1) I could swear the cord is a tiny bit shorter than my last one, though it still reaches most of my apartment. Our current place is about 750sq ft and this works well for our needs. And (2) the release to remove the tank when you're ready to dump it into the garbage is obnoxiously difficult. I don't know if this is just me, but I've struggled with it every time before finally calling in the husband for help. I thought this would get easier with use, but so far that's not the case.

Anyway, for a smaller apartment -even with children- I would have to say this is a very good vacuum! Would definitely recommend.

Safety 1st Bath Toy Bag
Safety 1st Bath Toy Bag
Price: $8.64
13 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 26, 2014
I have to admit, when I first opened the box, I thought this would be too small for our needs. I'm surprised and pleased by the capacity, and it has yet to fall off our wall like other reviewers have mentioned. It's currently holding: 84pc foam letter/number set, the soup toy (Alex brand, minus the bowl), 1 normal sized rubber ducky, 3 mini rubber duckies, 3 squirter toys, 2 hot wheels, and a couple of small plastic cups with no issue.
Comment Comment | Permalink

DUSIEC Ocean Relax Projector Pot Music Input,ocean Light,ocean Lamp,music Projection
Offered by joygo
Price: $16.45
18 used & new from $11.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gift, January 22, 2014
I ordered this for Christmas for a friend who uses it every night. It powers off automatically after 1hr, however he did say he has to hit the button several times to get to the setting he prefers which is vaguely annoying.

Heirloom Finds Crystal Sideways Cross Coil Wrap Bracelet of Gold Tone Mesh
Heirloom Finds Crystal Sideways Cross Coil Wrap Bracelet of Gold Tone Mesh

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gift, January 22, 2014
I ordered this as a Christmas gift for a religious family member, and she loves it. She says she's received several compliments so far. It feels very lightweight, almost like it's not metallic at all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6