100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Jana Kramer All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now STEM Toys & Games
Profile for sally smith > Reviews

sally smith's Profile

Customer Reviews: 166

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sally smith "Mustang-Sally" RSS Feed (Mustang Ranch, NV)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Roll On
Roll On
9 used & new from $3.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Classic Gospel singin', February 4, 2007
This review is from: Roll On (Audio CD)
Roll On (featuring Royce Mitchell)
Liberty Quartet

a PSA to give you info, and the Amazon page has no info.

If you like good, low-down, bass singin', this is the CD for you! Royce Mitchell put together a great project with some classic 1950s-era tunes. The quartet backs him up on many of these songs, as well as some female vocalists.

Roll On includes:

8. Roll On Jordan
9. Happy Rhythm Don't Pass Them By
10. I'm Goin' There
11. God Will Take Care Of You

Gridiron Gang (Widescreen Edition)
Gridiron Gang (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Dwayne Johnson
Price: $9.91
173 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming and the Hunk, January 31, 2007
Heartwarming. It will make you laugh, make you cry. Make you want to work out.

I loved this movie. Based on a true story - at the end, they show the real guys - liked that.

the Rock, is a hunk, no need to argue that. Hot. mmmmmm. But, more importantly, he was really good in this film. He is a worker at this prison for boys, and gets disgusted with the return rate, and death rate of the kids who get out. so, he comes up with a plan to help these boys.

as a mommy, I loved all the boys. wanted to hug them all. sniff. very good casting of all of the kids.

truly a heartwarming story. good for kids over 14. swearing and some violence. actually would be very educational for boys that think they are real "tough" - hummm, I can think of a few! Good lessons, good entertainment.

buy it.

All the King's Men (Special Edition)
All the King's Men (Special Edition)
DVD ~ Mark Ruffalo
Offered by Perception Products
Price: $11.79
229 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Yawn.., January 31, 2007
OH how I love Sean Penn, Jude Law, Anthony Hopkins... but, this was boring.

Sean Penn was fabo, I'm sure. He was one of the "hicks" as he calls himself, and talked in his "hick" accent. was hard to understand him at times.

My dear Norman fell asleep, leaving me and the dogs. They weren't too interested either.

I think of myself as above average intelligence, but, I had a hard time keeping up on this movie. what are they talking about? ohh, she is with him! ohh, OK. stuff like that.

Nice photography (cinematography, I guess it's called.) liked the cars, hair, clothes, houses, etc.

oh, ya know what? they go back and forth in time a lot - oh - now this is him when he was younger, ohh ok. oh, that's her! but, wait! no, that's him and his friend - but not now, it's a flash-back - ohh ok. sure. maybe they could have made it more clear when and where we were.

And the ending - the blood. Come on. Crikey. The deep magical meaning of the blood running till it met. Right.

Political drama - someone will love it, no doubt. Just won't make my top 100 list.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2007 3:46 PM PDT

Cars (Single-Disc Widescreen Edition)
Cars (Single-Disc Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Owen Wilson
Price: $19.99
38 used & new from $7.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Over-rated, January 31, 2007
Cute - I guess. Overrated. over Hyped. Everyone looooves it soooo much.. bla bla

so, we bought it, watched it. yawn. fast forwarded it, and I did the story for everyone - he learns his lesson, he goes back, they live happily ever after, and on and on.

sorry - I love Disney-type stuff. and had high hopes. but, it was boooooooring!

Super Bowl XL Opus MVP Edition
Super Bowl XL Opus MVP Edition
by Dave Anderson
Edition: Leather Bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking, January 31, 2007
Took my breath away.. really!

My dear Norman, the football fan, bought this for the coffee table. Such a lovely conversation piece. Only he won't allow anyone to touch it, let alone read it. I'm afraid he caught me reading it, at 2 AM, the other night, by flashlight. The ensuing battle of words was not pretty.

So, now I rather hate the dam thing. Not to mention the price. We are eating beans and rice for the next few years, until the Visa is paid down. Even though I can't read it, I love to run my finger over the hand-stitched leather edges, when Norman is in the john (sssshhhhh! Don't tell!)

It is really very beautiful.

thanks - have a lovely Superbowl Sunday, Sally

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT madly!, September 3, 2006
Oh MY Gosh, we LOVED this movie!

Even my dear Norman, who doesn't like much - he said this is now on his top 5 list of all time.

I must buy the DVD. We just saw it in the theater, and I want to see it again.

The characters were all stunning. Believable to where I could take one of them home and they'd fit right in with our crazy household.

The dad, has his thing - hilarious. The little girl, Olive, has her thing - endearing, sweet, funny. The brother of the mom - funny. The mom - Toni Colette, love her! The grandpa - a hoot. The big brother - WOW did they find my son and copy him? follow him around for a day and steal all his expressions, eye rolling, clothes? his anger, his emotion? Brilliantly done.

There were places of laugh out loud funny, that were so amazingly brilliant - Norman said he had a side-ache. One funny scene after another, but never slap-stick or silly. That is the genius of the writing. Not "look at me - I'm so funny!" never, but, "this is life - and it is a wonderful funny hoot!" very very well done. bravo.

I never want to give anything away, in my reviews. I don't like to know anything about a movie before I see it, except maybe is it a horror flick or a comedy, but, I don't ever read the box at the video store - I really don't want to know anything that might take away from the surprise and delight of seeing it for myself. That said - I am tempted to tell you cute funny tid-bits from Sunshine - but, nope, I will not. Do see it for yourself.

A must see for adults and kids over 15. (kids only if w/ a parent) Some swearing, some subjects not for kids. Do talk to your kids after, if they see it.

What makes this so endearing, is how this family all love each other so much. Yes, stinking funny - but deeper than that is the relationships. The way the brother loves his little sister, and she loves him. How he looks after her, and when she put her head on his shoulder, when he was sad - I could cry, so sweet.

The funniest, most endearing film in a long long long time. 10 Stars!!

Is This Where I Was Going?
Is This Where I Was Going?
by Natasha Josefowitz
68 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Poems for today, July 11, 2006
written in 1983, this woman was ahead of her time.

Poems that are relevant to today.

unapologetic, unashamed, bold, true, real life stuff. great writing.

good on this woman for telling it like it is. poems on work, motherhood, women, men, life.. good stuff!

you go girl!

Waking Ned Devine [VHS]
Waking Ned Devine [VHS]
Offered by MadBargins
Price: $5.95
76 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun w/ Irish Charm, July 11, 2006
This review is from: Waking Ned Devine [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Loved the actors, loved the music and scenery. Lovely!

Fun and adventurous, set in Ireland. Cute, funny actors, make this delightful fun.

Laughed out loud when the town "witch" took flight. Very much enjoyed the two best friends as they plot to get the lottery money.

See it. Laugh out loud Fun.

DVD ~ Philip Seymour Hoffman
Offered by SAMIPLACE
Price: $6.99
302 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerizing, June 29, 2006
This review is from: Capote (DVD)
I indeed was mesmerized throughout this film, Phillip Seymour Hoffman was brilliant.

Never knew Truman Capote, or read any of his works, never was interested. Thought this was going to be boring, documentary-ish, not at all. As I love Philip Seymour Hoffman, and look forward to anything with him in it, we got the DVD and watched last night.

My darling Norman fell asleep, and toddled off to bed halfway through, but not me! I stayed up till the wee hours to finish it. It held my interest, keep me captivated, and was fascinating to me.

I'm assuming it is somewhat accurate, even though Mr. Capote is gone, the writers no doubt interviewed friends and family. The woman that played his assistant, was very very good. Charming and believable. I found it equally fascinating that she wrote the book "To Kill a Mockingbird." Must look her up.

His humor, his mannerisms, his lies to get the story - all fascinated me. I loved how his assistant had him so pegged. That alone was very funny. She called him on his lies and selfish ambitions many times, in a way that never angered him. Loved that. What decorum she had!

Educational, interesting.. for me - my hubby didn't appreciate it - but... oh well!

DVD ~ Steve Martin
Price: $4.81
216 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Kinda Cute, June 28, 2006
This review is from: Shopgirl (DVD)
Cute, but predictable.

I adore Clair Danes, and Steve Martin. She plays a girl that is quiet, a wee bit desperate, lovely, great body. Steve Martin - who is normally funny as heck - well.. he is just not sexy. I love him in other movies, but, as the older gentleman caller, eh... no. I just couldn't get hot for him as a sexy guy.

The girl, Mirabelle, goes out with a "looser" who was excellently cast, and I kept saying "WHY??"

There were funny moments. Some touching moments. Some weird moments. For an old rich guy to buy a girl gifts, I would be a little creeped out. I mean - rich is always nice, but, he was a stranger, and how was she to know if he was a rapist or ax murderer?

My hubby, Norman, and I watched this, cuddled up on the sofa, as we tend to do, and we did laugh out loud several times. so, for that - it's worth watching.

Not deep. Not world changing. But sweet. It's all wrapped up with a pink bow in the end, and we could go to sleep knowing Mirabelle is OK.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17