Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for billy shears > Reviews

Browse

billy shears' Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

billy shears RSS Feed

Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, No. 1)
Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, No. 1)
by Lee Child
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
73 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars not one for the analytically minded, July 24, 2013
Very readable but the plot has more holes than a Swiss cheese, makes detail errors and revolves around a literally billions-to-one coincidence.

The Seashell Anthology of Great Poetry
The Seashell Anthology of Great Poetry
Price: $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, May 12, 2012
At first, I nearly skipped this wonderful eclectic collection because I thought, with a title like "Seashell", it was an anthology of poems for children! Others have already commented well on the contents; just to say in addition to having this book on my kindle 3, I`m also happy to be able to carry it around in my shirt pocket on my ipod touch 4g where it is surprisingly easy to read.

The Collected Works of William Butler Yeats (Unexpurgated Edition) (Halcyon Classics)
Price: $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars yes, it's a rip off production, January 4, 2012
Not only can you not navigate within each individual collection but also you cannot read the poems easily because the lines have all been formatted together (no line breaks) turning each poem into a single paragraph. I guess eventually, one day, amazon will be forced to take responsibility for these kinds of kindle rip offs.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars just right for me!, January 28, 2011
I specifically wanted a cover that would allow me hands off reading and this fits the bill just right at a very reasonable price. I can now read with ease while I'm stuffing my face! Also great for when you have to copy sections of a book; for example, when typing to a word processor. Or, if you are like me and can do two things at once, you can read your kindle while watching TV or surfing the net!
I think it really is leather; there is no unusual smell with mine and the stitching is perfect. The kindle fits perfectly inside with unrestricted access to all functions. The only small flaw is the black section that holds the stand has been inserted in the back of the cover at a slight angle; however, this in no way detracts from performance. The way this cover folds allows me to hold the kindle easily and it also allows me to attach my "mighty bright" reading light without any problems. You can prop up the Kindle at various angles, so you can avoid the glare of any overhead light.
Overall, I have to say, while it may not be made with the most luxurious leather in the world, for the money this cover is excellent value.

The Pleasures of the Damned: Poems, 1951-1993
The Pleasures of the Damned: Poems, 1951-1993
by Charles Bukowski
Price: $14.28
95 used & new from $7.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of course but..., December 26, 2008
considering the NY Times touts this as the "definitive volume of Bukowski's poems", it's a pity John Martin, as a man who really knew Buk, didn't take the opportunity to offer some commentary or at least give some background information on individual poems (even easy reference to what year they were originally published would have been appreciated).
Having said that, you can't get much these days for around 12 bucks, but for that price this book could give you years of enjoyment! And probably Buk himself would say, "it's only the ******* poems that matter!"