Profile for JC > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 189

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JC RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Monikers
Monikers
Offered by Palm Court
Price: $25.00
2 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic party game - one of our favorites, July 21, 2015
This review is from: Monikers (Toy)
Fantastic party game. Our group usually finds ourselves playing medium weight games (Five tribes, Castles of Burgundy, Dominion, Mad King Ludwig, etc) but when the group gets 5+ then we usually break out Monikers.

Yes, it is based on an older public domain game (they even mention that in the instructions). Yes, there are cheaper alternatives out there (see: Times Up! Title Recall). However, I would highly suggest purchasing Monikers instead, especially if you are in the age range of 18-35.

Monikers' cards contain more pop culture topics than alternatives. Sometimes they contain internet memes/stars that my group wasn't familiar with, but that was always OK beacuse of the new huge plus about monikers:

Every card has a description on it!! This is where Monikers sets itself apart.

Cards are high quality. Included are blank cards too, but I personally dont find myself using them.

Highly recommended.

Dixit Quest Board Game
Dixit Quest Board Game
Price: $20.50
27 used & new from $20.38

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful illustrations, perfect match to the original Dixit cards, July 21, 2015
This review is from: Dixit Quest Board Game (Toy)
beautiful illustrations, perfect match to the original Dixit cards (some of the other expansions, while beautifully drawn in their own right, were done by different artists than the original Dixit artist Marie Cardouat)

great way to breathe some new life into an already great game. Quest is just an expansion and doesnt come with anything else (no scoring markers, voting tokens, etc).

Richell Expandable Pet Crate with Floor Tray, Small, Dark Brown
Richell Expandable Pet Crate with Floor Tray, Small, Dark Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely nice pet crate with one caveat, June 9, 2015
very nice pet crate. easily expandable to give your pet some more room to move around which I appreciate.
The 2 entrance gates work smoothly. Assembly was very easy. I did it by myself with no issues. The bottom plastic tray is a little uncomfortable (lots of ridges to accommodate the expandable nature of the crate) but nothing a few blankets can't fix.

I rate this product easily as 5 stars, although it is quite expensive compared to regular wire crates. And one caveat that I did not think of before hand --- your dog might scratch at the wood when the crate is locked. This can cause them to get splinters in their paws, or to ingest the wood. I remedied this by:

- Buying 1/8" thick panels of Lexan Polycarbonate clear plastic (virtually indestructible)
- Buying Hyde Tools 45730 Plastic Laminate Scoring Knife (to cut said polycarbonate into smaller panels i could attach to the wood pet crate)
- Using 5/8" wood screws to secure the polycarbonate to the wood of the crate. Now they have scratch protectors : )

Hyde Tools 45730 Plastic Laminate Scoring Knife
Hyde Tools 45730 Plastic Laminate Scoring Knife
Price: $5.99
10 used & new from $4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and sharp, got the job done on Lexan Polycarbonate sheet., June 8, 2015
Nice and sharp, got the job done on Lexan Polycarbonate sheet.
The sheet was about 1/8" thick I believe. I had to do many more passes than the 7 or 8, maybe twice as many, but this was my first time using this type of tool and perhaps I wasn't pressing hard enough. Regardless, the tool worked in the end and the polycarbonate sheet was easily snapped in two. Nice price compared to other alternatives too! Would recommend this tool.

Aluf Plastics 771228 Ultrasac Heavy Duty Professional Quality Compactor Trash Bag with Microban Antimicrobial Protection, 18 Gallon Capacity, 35" Length x 25" Width, White (Case of 40)
Price: $12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good compactor bags with a few flaws, May 29, 2015
Great compactor bags. Pretty heavy duty. Have not had any issues (knock on wood) with these bags holding up with a heavy load of trash.
I have a kitchen aid trash compactor that has an opening that is 16" deep by 9" wide. These bags fit nicely with plenty of room to spare.

I took one star off because:
1) there is no way to secure the bag to the compactor. I have to manually cut holes in the side to hook onto the retainer tabs. A nice reviewer posted a video on how to do this easily.
2) No built in tying mechanism. You'll either need ties of your own, tie the bag onto itself (which can be hard if it is really full), or just throw away with the bag being open.

I would purchase this product again.

Summer Infant Lil' Loo Potty, Teal and White
Summer Infant Lil' Loo Potty, Teal and White
Price: $9.99
18 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great potty, very reasonably priced, May 29, 2015
Great potty, very reasonably priced. I bought these for my son, whereas a couple years ago i bought the baby bjorn similar product for my daughter. I see no discernible difference between the two, except the summer infant one being much cheaper. The tag also says made in USA, which is always a plus too!

Hercules GS525B 5-Piece Guitar Rack
Hercules GS525B 5-Piece Guitar Rack
Price: Click here to see our price
23 used & new from $57.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best guitar rack money can buy, March 27, 2015
amazingly sturdy; very very easy to set up. Have had various guitars on it for many months now and the foam has not done anything to their finish.

I have little ones running around the house so i wanted some extra protection in case they knocked over a guitar. So i bought a few of these:
Planet Waves Acoustic Guitar Quick-Release System
And used them as a make-shift lockable strap on each guitar neck.
I have no doubt the guitars would NOT fall out of the rack without those extra straps, but wanted extra protection in case my 3 year old wanted to touch the guitars.

Belkin Conserve Power Switch
Belkin Conserve Power Switch
Price: Click here to see our price
17 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, January 22, 2015
Works as intended. I'm actually using it to power my Amazon echo. The switch on the side lights up in green when the outlet is on, so you can easily see whether it is on or not. Would definitely purchase again

Cable Matters® 3-Pack, CL2 In-Wall Rated (CM) Quad Shielded RG6 Coaxial Patch Cable in Black 1.5 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with splitter and FiOS service, January 22, 2015
Does job as intended. Using with RCA DH24SPF Two Way 3 Ghz Bi-Di Splitter to split my coax line from the wall into two separate lines: one to my DVR and one to my router. Using with Verizon FiOS service. No noticeable degradation in speed. Would definitely buy again.

Flitz GRX 22806 Yellow Granite Waxx Plus, 16 oz. Spray Bottle
Flitz GRX 22806 Yellow Granite Waxx Plus, 16 oz. Spray Bottle
Price: $12.61
22 used & new from $12.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good granite product!, January 22, 2015
very good granite product. Used on my kitchen countertops and could not believe how amazing they felt afterwards. After using this wax the countertops become unbelievably smooth and slick. It makes feeling the unwaxed parts of your countertops dirty and grimy.
I happen to like the smell ... reminds me of Meguiar's car cleaning products i used to use when detailing cars. Although the smell is definitely not for everyone ... however, the product really only smells strong when you are applying it. for better or worse, the smell goes away quickly after application.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19