Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for sfvp > Reviews

Browse

sfvp's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sfvp RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
GNC Men's Ultra Mega Green, Caplets, 120 ea
GNC Men's Ultra Mega Green, Caplets, 120 ea
Offered by NATURE_HEALTHY_LIFE
Price: $69.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Causes sleeping problem., May 3, 2015
This vitamin is slow-release and there is a lot of extra "blends" mixed in. One of such contains green tea. There is caffeine in green tea and it can cause sleeping problem when delivered in a slow released form. I took this supplement for two months and experienced insomnia every night. I took it in the morning, and every night, I would wake up at exact four hours after I fell asleep and not able to fall back into sleep. At first, I wasn't sure what happened but as soon as I stopped taking it, my sleeping went back to normal.

I took this to my nutritionist and she told me that there is no clinical study that shows any significant health benefits to multi vitamins supplement. She looked at the nutrition table of this and suggested me stop taking it.

I will not take this again in the future.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2015 9:47 PM PDT

Belkin XM Auto Cassette Adapter for Apple iPod / Apple iPhone
Belkin XM Auto Cassette Adapter for Apple iPod / Apple iPhone

1.0 out of 5 stars lots of noise. Avoid., December 3, 2014
Lots of noise none stop. It's pretty much unusable. I used it in BMW 1998 528i. Factory stereo. Avoid.

Garcima 16-Inch Enameled Steel Paella Pan, 40cm
Garcima 16-Inch Enameled Steel Paella Pan, 40cm
Price: $44.80
4 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to clean. Great socorrat layer at the bottom., June 15, 2014
I went to Spain last month and took two paella cooking classes. One in Madrid, and one in Valencia where paella was originally from. Before I went there, I had always thought that in order to make a great paella, I need to get the authentic steel pan that many complain about hard to clean and the extra maintenance steps to prevent rusting. The instructor in Madrid told me that they use whatever pan that's readily available when making paella, as long as it has a wide flat bottom. The chef in Valencia used this very enameled pan. Both paella turned out absolutely phenomenal. Intense flavor of socorrat at the bottom and delicious.

I purchased this pan after I came back from Spain and just made my first paella yesterday. It was delicious. I had tried to use my regular stainless heavy bottom saute pan before but the socorrat didn't come out great. This pan, however, produced a perfect layer of socorrat at the bottom and it was the best paella that I have ever made. It is larger than my largest burner so I made it on the gas grill on my patio. It was a bit high from the flame on the grill than when it was on the stove, so I had to keep the grill closed to maintain a high enough temperature.

After we finished the paella, I simply soaked it in water for about 30 minutes, and everything came off right away. I was amazed at how easy it was to clean. We all used stainless steel spoon to scrap off the socorrat to eat directly on the pan and there was no visible scratch or damage to the pan.

I may purchase two smaller paella pans from them so that I can make it on my stove.

Highly recommended.

Italy for the Gourmet Traveler
Italy for the Gourmet Traveler
by Fred Plotkin
40 used & new from $5.44

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative book for research, but not for carrying on the road., November 9, 2013
My biggest complaint about this book is its weight of 3 lb! To put it in perspecive, my iPhone weights 1/4 lb, my iPad Air weights 1 lb, my 15" laptop weights 4.5 lb. I am flying out to Italy in 2 days and now that I am packing for the trip, I have decided not to take this book with me on the road because of its weight. The value of this book just doesn't justify a space in my limited luggage space allowed by the airline. Considering this book was written for travelers, it really puzzles me as to why Fred didn't release a Kindle or iBook version of the book. That's rather incosiderate to his readers, in my opinion.

As to the content of the book, I really like what Fred wrote about each region and it gave me some background and context in terms of what to focus on as I travel through northern Italy. The only thing that I found a bit strange is that he described many regions as the best place for food in Italy. Shouldn't there be only one best? Aside from that, each region's specialties are described well. I also like the fact that he didn't just talk about restaurants but also cafes, markets, and other food related points of interest.

What I have been doing for planning is to use this book as a starting point, and then cross reference check about the restaurants/markets on TripAdvisor.com, Chowhound.com, and 36-hour NYT travel articles. I also checked Lonely Planets and Anthony Bourdain's No Reservation show. This book served me really well giving me the background knowledge and context during planning. Now that I've bookmarked all the restaurants and markets I want to visit on TripAdvisor, I'll leave this book behind and pray that I'll remember as much background information in this book as I can when I'm in Italy.

Most of the negative reviews for this book has been about the inaccuracy of the restaurant information. I can't comment on that since I am not in Italy yet. However, I am visiting northern Italy, which the book seems to have more current infomation for. Also, the places that I am interested in visiting in the book, I've also checked tripadvisor and bookmarked them on the site. I am hoping that they are mostly accurate.

I really wish that the book had a more traveler-friendly format that I could carry with me on the road.

Depending on how long the food coma lasts after I come back from my trip, I will update my review as soon as I can. :-)

Canon EOS M 18.0 MP Compact Systems Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and EF-M 22mm STM Lens (OLD MODEL)
7 used & new from $264.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes amazing photo in such a small package. Really happy with the camera, October 26, 2012
I bought the kit that has the body, 22mm lens, 18-55mm lens and the speedlite for $929, and just received it today. I am going on a vacation next week and I was going to buy the Canon 6D but it won't come out until December, so I figured I'll give EOS M a try. I'm really glad that I bought this camera.

My other camera is a Canon 5D. That full frame camera takes amazing pictures. The only downside is that it is getting old and it does not take great picture in low light conditions compared to other DSLR, even the non-full-frame ones. Since I take a lot of food photos when I go out to fine dining restaurants, I wanted a camera that can take great pictures in low light conditions.

I did a quick photo test and this little camera did so much better than my 5D. I was just stunned with the results. Apparently, since I just received this camera, I'm still learning to use it, but so far, I am really happy with the touch screen control.

The metal body feels really sturdy and well-built. Since it is mirrorless, it is really quiet as well.

Like others have pointed out that the focus is rather slow. So far it is not bothering me that much but it might change when I start using it more frequently.

I am very happy with my purchase and I would highly recommend it! Awesome camera!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2013 2:02 PM PST

Somersaults Crunchy Nuggets, Dutch Cocoa, 6 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Somersaults Crunchy Nuggets, Dutch Cocoa, 6 Ounce (Pack of 6)
7 used & new from $22.98

5.0 out of 5 stars These little nuggets are so addictive!, August 21, 2011
These little crunches are so addictive! I bought them at Wholefood when they were on sale for $2.50 each at the store. Ever since I could not stop munching on these things. Who knew a little bit of seeds could go such a long way! Wow....

Garmin nüvi 255W 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Garmin nüvi 255W 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
87 used & new from $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS unit, September 9, 2008
I have never owned any GPS prior to this unit, so my opinion is more about owning a GPS than owning a Garmin 255w.

I did some research and finally decided to buy this unit, and after using it for a couple of weeks, I am really happy with my purchase. Although sometimes it gives weird instruction, (Like it always wants me to go all the way around at the beginning of the trip even if there is a shorter route when I leave from my house.) but it always takes me to the right place eventually.

It is such a relief that I don't need to think about how to get to places anymore.

Garmin 255W is fast, and I haven't had situation where I lost signal. I also love that it speaks the street names. It also can display and speak many languages. I am thinking about buying another one of these for my parents because their native language is Chinese and Garmin 255W speaks and display it!

Note: It doesn't come with wall power outlet. The only way you can charge it is by using the car charger. If you plan on using it outside of the car a lot, you might want to consider getting the optional wall power charger.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2009 5:28 AM PST

Cuisinart 722-20 Chef's Classic Stainless 8-Inch Open Skillet
Cuisinart 722-20 Chef's Classic Stainless 8-Inch Open Skillet
Price: $19.29
27 used & new from $10.59

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, November 16, 2007
I bought a 6-piece set that included this skillet. The price was unbeatable. I think I paid 59.95 for the entire set. Given that Cuisinart is a well-known brand, I didn't even hesitate to press that "Buy" button.

However, you really get what you pay for. The skillet conducts heat fairly well, but the problem that I have with this skillet is cleaning. The 2nd time I used this skillet, some burnt residue got on the surface and no matter what I do, I just couldn't get it off the skillet. I haven't tried metal scrub yet but if I have to try that hard to get the residue off the skillet, this might not be the skillet that I want to keep in my kitchen.

A good skillet will keep you company in your kitchen for a long time. In my opinion, it is a good idea to get a good one like Gourmet Standard Professional series or if you are willing to pay, an All-Clad. Even a Calphalon off-brand: Kitchen Essential is easier to keep clean. I have a Kitchen Essential skillet that I've used for 7 years and the surface is still spotless. Although there are some scratches, but no burnt mark ever got on it that required me to do any extra effort to clean it off. I just purchased a Gourmet Standard skillet and it is a really great pan. I've used it several times and it still looks like new.

After owning a cuisinart skillet myself, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone even though it seems like an incredible deal. It really isn't.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2014 10:03 PM PST

The Longest Journey: Adventure Game of the Year Edition - PC
The Longest Journey: Adventure Game of the Year Edition - PC
14 used & new from $26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great long journey!, November 3, 2004
I love this game. After I finished the game, I had a sense of lost! I want more! I want to spend more time with April and her friends!

The only thing that I hoped that they did was to put more content at the end. I want to know what happened to April's friends. I want to see them talking to each other again.

I heard that they want to make a sequal of this game. Can't wait!

Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money--That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
by Robert T. Kiyosaki
1409 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A book about concept, not actions., September 19, 2004
My God. My best friend told me about this book 4 years ago, my roommate told me about it 3 years ago, my mom told me last month, and my financial advisor told me last week. Yet, for some reason, I waited until the day before yesterday to actually buy it and hear it. (I bought the audio version)

It is an excellent book! It demonstrates how important it is to pull youself out of the trap of work hard/spend hard pattern. Although I kind of knew it, but no one has said it as clearly and easy-to-understand as he did.

The reason that I gave this book a 5-star is not because I know how to be rich tomorrow. It is because of his ability to bring a clear vision and direction to me about a concept that most never tries to understand.

Some of the investment decisions that I have to make all of a sudden became really easy after I read the book. By being able to understand what the differences are between assets and liabilities after reading this book, I have more confidence about my financial future because I know what I need to do to reach financial freedom.

Whatever that we do in life, we have to continue to learn to succeed. And whatever that we learn, we have to keep an open mind to really gain wisdom from those lessons.

Keep an open mind and know that this book's goal is to show you the direction to where you might want to go, then, you will maximize your gain from reading it.

I got the audio version of it, and finished it in 3 hours. I have gone through it twice, and am listening to it for the 3rd time now. If you are very busy, at least get the audio version like I did and listen to it in your car, on the bus or in the gym.

Trust me. It is worth much more than what on the price tag of this book.

Page: 1 | 2