Profile for lsenem > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

lsenem RSS Feed

Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs,  and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers
Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, the truth about diet and health., December 30, 2014
I had read other books on health and nutrition, I spent the last 6 years "experimenting" with different nutritional and fitness methodology combinations to figure out what was most beneficial for me. The idea of a low fat, high carbohydrate diet seemed counterintuitive considering the corresponding rise in obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc. since the backing and acceptance of the "Food Pyramid" (in any permutation). Dr. Perlmutter puts the facts and research in the hands of a nearly completely misinformed public. He hits the nail on the head with the diseases of the brain and how simply changing our diets can save us from severe neurological disease and decline. The body of research in this book is comprehensive and undeniable to anyone that truly has an open mind to change and isn't already in denial with our ongoing, current health issues. If you are willing to set aside the preprogrammed ideologies food corporations and privately funded "health" organizations have been promoting for the past 100 years and want to change your health for the better, this is definitely a book you need to read.

ASUS 15.6-Inch HD Intel Dual-Core Laptop, Core i3, 6GB RAM
ASUS 15.6-Inch HD Intel Dual-Core Laptop, Core i3, 6GB RAM
Offered by The Deal Leader
Price: $374.88
80 used & new from $289.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best notebook for the money, October 15, 2014
Couldn't be a better notebook for the price. Very pleased with both functionality and performance. For those that complain about Windows 8 it is just a bit of a learning curve just like anything new. Very good purchase.

Crown of Renewal (Legend of Paksenarrion Book 5)
Crown of Renewal (Legend of Paksenarrion Book 5)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $8.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story., September 15, 2014
As usual Ms. Moon delivers a well written story with character development that lends well to the ongoing tale. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is there is a tendency to slow the pace of the read with too much detail that seemed to deviate a bit from the necessary storyline.

3 GenTech Generic Lifeproof Headphone Wires / Adapter Replacement With 3 Black - Jacks / Seals / Covers / Screws for Iphone 5/5s/5c Case
Offered by Scandinavian Trading
Price: $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as advertised for less!, June 22, 2014
Exactly as advertised. I got 3 of these adaptors for my son's Beats at less than 1/2 the cost of store bought - don't pay full retail at a "big box" brick and mortar, use Amazon!!

Skull Mirror Set with Bone Stem and Black Eyes
Skull Mirror Set with Bone Stem and Black Eyes
Offered by Car Quest
Price: $154.93
2 used & new from $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Could have been 5 stars but..., June 22, 2014
Everything about these mirrors is great except one of the threads was "off", making it very difficult to get the mirror positioned correctly. I always precheck to make certain nothing is cross threaded. I created a bushing/spacer from an old mirror set and it worked fine. My wife suggested I return the faulty threaded mirror but that would require return shipping and I refuse to pay shipping on an item that: 1. Should have come as advertised without flaws. 2. I already paid the shipping. I would have given these 5 stars except for the flaw in threading and extra work required to get proper fitting. They really compliment my cycle.

US Games Numbered Nylon Pinnies, Red (One Dozen)
US Games Numbered Nylon Pinnies, Red (One Dozen)
Price: $43.99
3 used & new from $36.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for what you pay, February 21, 2013
I would not recommend these for football. Too easy to tear and because the neck opening is "average" sized helmets have to be removed every time they are put on or removed (youth football). They would be great for soccer, basketball, etc.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - PC
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - PC
Offered by knightdiscounts
Price: $13.95
30 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than most RPG, February 21, 2013
If you are expecting World of Warcraft or Guild Wars you will only get partial fulfillment (and your expectations are not correct for this game). It is a single player RPG with the look and feel of World of Warcraft BUT without the monthly payments, travel time and utterly mind-numbing grinds to level and gain bonus abilities - heck, you start out fairly powerful. I found the transition from area to area to be smooth and character interaction allowed for some basic choice (you have some options with quests, not just what the game wants you to do in every scenario). My only real complaint would be there is nothing left after the expansion packs/downloadable content (this game is defunct - unfortunately). If you are looking to have 120+ hours of RPG fun with high end graphics, a decent story line and easy to understand options this is a game for you. If you want the "thrill" of killing the same mob EVERY TIME you walk through an area, even if you took care of them 30 seconds ago, then WoW is your game. Did I mention once you kill something it STAYS DEAD while you are still in game?

All in all a very good RPG but don't expect your friends to run a raid with you or any new expansions.

101 Youth Football Plays
101 Youth Football Plays
by Chris Booth
Price: $19.95
26 used & new from $7.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, okay but not standard, July 13, 2011
This book does indeed cover the basics for setting up an offense for youth football. One interesting note was the hole (or gap) numbering system. In all of my years in football I don't think I have ever seen a numbering scheme quite like this. That should be reevaluated considering every coach I have worked with from youth football through the NFL has used the basic odd number to the left and even number to the right numbering system...my point is this could be very confusing for youth players moving from this system of offense to the next level. I would recommend this as a reference for new coaches but make a point to adjust the numbering system for the holes (gaps) accordingly so you are preparing players for future football.

Black & Decker BLC12600B 650W Cyclone 12-Speed Blender, Black
Black & Decker BLC12600B 650W Cyclone 12-Speed Blender, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars A blender? Not really..., September 17, 2010
Bought this about 2 months ago, worked fairly well and then it just died. I see plenty of reviews that indicate this is the case for over 75% of these sold. My recommendation is to not purchase this blender and avoid ALL Black and Decker products. When one product doesn't work from a company I have trouble justifying the purchase of anything else from that company. Why should I spend money with a company that has ripped me off once?