Profile for JHS > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JHS RSS Feed (Albany, GA USA)

Six Feet Under - The Complete Fifth Season
Six Feet Under - The Complete Fifth Season
DVD ~ Frances Conroy
Price: $22.96
17 used & new from $18.73

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fine Ending to a Brilliant Series, June 11, 2006
While I enjoyed the entire final season, the last episode (especially its last moments) is very possibly the finest moment in television of the last decade. Brilliant, heartbreaking, and so fitting. I had long been a fan of the series and watched the finale rather awkwardly, on Video-on-Demand while eating lunch, and by the end, I found myself bawling, my lunch untouched in front of me. The entire final season is great, but wow . . . I was more moved by the final episode than I have been by any film or show in longer than I can remember. Buy it, buy it now, buy the whole series for that matter, and enjoy one of the finest television series ever produced.

Fahrenheit 9/11
Fahrenheit 9/11
DVD ~ John Ashcroft (II)
Offered by Sparks DVD Sales
Price: $5.99
670 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tragically True Face of Our Country, July 30, 2005
This review is from: Fahrenheit 9/11 (DVD)
There has been enough said about the politics of F 9/11, but I ask the automatons who inexplicably believe every word out of George W's mouth to verify the facts; see if they add up; and you'll see the hellish bed you've made for yourselves.

Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Offered by Butler Online Stores
Price: $49.97
21 used & new from $14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars HEDWIG rocks the big screen!, July 11, 2001
I've been a huge fan of HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH for a couple of years, and I'm thrilled to see that it's making such a brilliant transition to the screen. Stephen Trask's score is dynamite rock theatre at its beast, and as for the cast, John Cameron Mitchell IS Hedwig. Period, end of story. No one can play her like him. Miriam Shor is fab as Yitzhak.
In comparison to the earthshattering Original Cast Recording, this HEDWIG might not sound as polished, but the earthier tone suits the realism of the film perfectly. You simply can't go wrong with Trask's score and Mitchell's "Hedwig."

Way Back to Paradise
Way Back to Paradise
50 used & new from $1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Artistic...Poetic...Beautiful, November 7, 1998
This review is from: Way Back to Paradise (Audio CD)
One thing that must be said about this album is that it is not what you expect. No new renditions of "Your Daddy's Son" or Bway standards like "Memory" here. No, this is much better. In a very gutsy move, Audra chooses to sing selectons from new productions and by new composers. I must praise Audra for giving thes talented new comers such a great chance; I'm already going to see "Parade", thanks to her! Also, the songs derived from Langston Hughes's beautiful prose are quite interesting. Audra even gives us a glimpse of her acting talents (for which she has won three Tony's, and more to come, I'm sure) in the number "Mistress of the Senator". True, this recording doesnt have any super-duper, big budget show stoppers, but it seems to almost have more dignity than that. I anxiously await Audra's next performance (hopefully "Marie Christine")and recording.x

Evening at Carnegie Hall
Evening at Carnegie Hall
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $22.49
32 used & new from $3.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Betty Buckley--What More is There to Say?, November 4, 1998
After hearing a clip of her stirring rendition of 'As If We Never Said Goodbye' on the net, I bought the album with high hopes. And I was NOT disappointed! Betty is at the top of her game on this CD, with stirring and passionate renditions of 'As If...', 'With One Look', and 'Rose's Turn'. I was not prepared for 'Rose's Turn', and when I listened to it for the first time, in the car, I almost ran off the road! A true showstopper. Also, I must thank Betty for her big heart in helping BC/EFA with this recording. I have supported Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS for a while, and I was happy to see that I could help even further by buying this fabulous recording. Betty, you are an inspiration to us all. And if you happen to see this, drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you 8-)