Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Don Signorino > Reviews

Browse

Don Signorino's Profile

Customer Reviews: 56

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Don Signorino "Don" RSS Feed (Bayville, NJ United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Galaxy Note 5 Case, POETIC Affinity Series [Premium Thin]/No Bulk/ Protection where its needed/Clear/Dual Material Protective Bumper Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (2015 Release) (Black/Clear)
Offered by PoeticDirect
Price: $10.95
3 used & new from $9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid case, good protection, light., October 13, 2015
I received a Poetic Affinity Series case from the manufacturer to test and review.

Overall, I like the case, and it seems to be a fair balance of looks and protection. It's clear Polycarbonate with fairly good protection at all the stress points. The back has ridges near the outside that would seem to help if you drop the phone. I always wonder how much protection a phone with a glass back being dropped on it's back, even with a case on really has, as there is really nowhere to dissipate the force of a drop. the ridges should help with that, though I haven't dropped it yet.

The sides have some grip to them as well, which I also appreciate. It's one piece and the power and volume buttons work perfectly in the case. It's pretty light overall and I like the look as well. All the ports are aligned great, no issues there for any openings. That said, the bottom of he case has a good opening for the S Pen, though because the bottom is thicker than my last case, I notice I have to grab a bit more for the S Pen. The fact that the pen pops out in the Note 5 helps a lot. I suspect this would be more of an issue for a similar case on a Note 4.

To sum up:

Pros:
- Light
- Grippy on back and on the sides
- Good size(not too big)
- Back ridges provide better protection potentially
- Not a bad look

Cons
- S Pen opening took some getting used to (but is really fine now)

Good luck!

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV
Price: $99.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Lags. Disappointing lag compared to original model., October 9, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
So far I am really disappointed in the new FireTV. I have 2 of he original Fire TVs and they are great. Actually, the biggest problem I have with the new one was the original's biggest strength.

On the original FireTV, everything was smooth and fast. Response to the remote was very fast or instant and that made me prefer the original FireTV over other streaming boxes I have (Roku 3, Apple TV , and even the XBOX One).

On the new one, my observation is the polar opposite. When I try to navigate the main menu, the FireTV is often 2 to 3 clicks behind what I pressed on the remote (which is bigger with a PITA battery compartment by the way). It has been infuriating at times how SLOW the FIRETV is to respond to commands. I don't even have a 4K TV , this is just navigating the main FireTV menu. This has to be fixed ASAP. I cannot believe they have released this product in this state. It seems like a software issue that can be fixed with a OTA, and let's hope it is. I am glad I hung on to my old Fire TV. I will be putting back in place of this in a month or so if this lag isn't fixed.

Other notes:
- Originally the remote control wouldn't pair with the FireTV Unit. At all. I tried new batteries (after figuring out how to open the battery door - which is a chore), I rebooted the Fire TV multiple times and still it wouldn't pair. After a frustrating call to Customer Service who insisted I go through everything again, nothing was fixed and I wanted a new unit. 1 last reboot of everything actually enabled pairing. It was quite odd and frustrating.

- It would be great if app data could be shared across Fire TV devices. I have 3 now, and I need to login to all apps on each one of them with the same Amazon Account. I use a Cam view for my home monitoring, and having to set up multiple camera parameters each time on every FireTV is annoying, etc ..

- Video seems fine (but I don't have a 4K TV to try 4K video). But again the original FireTV was so smooth and fast at starting Video.

Amazon, please address the lag in this otherwise fine streamer ..

Maghso Beautiful Egyptian Cotton Luxury Oversized Beach Towels, 40 by 70-Inch, Starfish

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, July 7, 2015
Very nice towel. It's on the thicker side too which is great. I love larger towels and this one looks good and does the job. I may never buy small towels again :-) .

Titan Elite Quarter High Basketball Socks - Performance Enhanced Cushion & Ankle Support - No Blisters, No Injuries, No Falling Socks, No Stinky Feet - X-Large Eco White
Offered by Next Innovation Group
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $11.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tight in the arch, July 4, 2015
These socks are of good quality, but they have too small a circumference around the arch of the foot to be comfortable without sneakers on. I have normal size and shaped feet, and have never noticed this on any other pair of socks that I have owned. With sneakers, the constructing feeling is mitigated somewhat - it's less noticeable.

These are not for me, as I wear socks around my house a lot without sneakers. For athletic use, or any other use with sneakers on, these may be fine for people. Good luck.

AUKEY 10000mAh Portable Charger with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 & Aluminum Case for iPhone, iPad, Samsung and More
Offered by Aukey Direct
Price: $27.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome and convenient, June 23, 2015
As advertised, this is a great product. It charges my Galaxy Note 4 quickly. the "fast charging" notification appears on the phone so I know it is about to charge quickly - and it does.

These battery packs are valuable, and ones that do the quick charge 2.0 are awesome to have around and convenient.

Quick Charge 2.0 AUKEY Wall Charger with Micro-USB Cable for Samsung S7/S6/Edge, LG G4, Moto X, Blackberry Priv | Qualcomm Certified
Offered by Aukey Direct
Price: $18.99
4 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I am happy with the purchase, April 14, 2015
Works as advertised. Reasonable price (though all quick charge prices are high for now) . I am happy with the purchase. It charges my Note 4 quickly when needed.

Portable Charger RAVPower 16750mAh Most Powerful External Battery Pack Power Bank with iSmart Technology (4.5A Output, Dual USB, Apple 30pin and Lightning Cable Not Included) - White
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $64.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price. Stylish too :-), February 6, 2015
Great battery. So far it has lived up to expectations. Works very well . The charging outputs are high enough amperage to charg my Note 4 just fine. I like the style as well. No issues at all.

DIRECTV HR44 Genie Server
DIRECTV HR44 Genie Server
Offered by QUALITY DIRECT
Price: $142.33
14 used & new from $110.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product, January 14, 2015
Love this product. So much better than my old HR34 . So much faster on menus, no lock-up issues. Great DVR if you have DTV

Panasonic ES-LA93-K, Arc4 Electric Razor, Men's 4-Blade with Multi-Flex Pivoting Head and Dual Motor, Premium Automatic Clean & Charge Station Included, Wet or Dry Operation
Price: $179.89
53 used & new from $179.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shaver. Good for both wet and dry. Love it.!, January 14, 2015
I got this shaver after using my old norelco one for ages. Honestly I didn't know there could be such a difference between electric razors, but no I know. This shaver is great. It's been about a month and I love it so far. The Charger is great to have , just drop it it. It will even dry your razor for you if you use shaving cream with it or wash the razor after (it is a wet/dry). It has a cleaning setting I haven't tried yet, but manually cleaning it with water is as easy as it can possibly be.

Shaves are close for me. I usually shave once every 3 days or so. Maybe a bit more frequently now and then. It is quite an improvement from my previous electric razor. I never used a wet/dry before, so occasionally shaving with shaving cream on with this thing seemed odd at first, but it works very very well and I get an ultra-close shave when needed. Most times I just use it dry and it is great.

Highly recommended in all areas so far.

SanDisk Ultra 64GB Micro USB 2.0 OTG Flash Drive For Android Smartphone/Tablet With App- SDDD-064G-G46
Offered by Digital Media Source
Price: $27.79
24 used & new from $27.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, excellent functionality. Outstanding item. Highly recommended, January 14, 2015
I have only had this for a week or 2, but this little guy has been a joy to use. Though there is a newer model out soon (USB 3.0), this one suited my needs just fine at a reasonable price point.

It works perfectly with my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) - and I mean perfectly. The android app is great and pops up right when you insert the microUSB into the phone. The app allows you to mange storage and transfer or copy photos, videos, whatever to or from your phone memory/SD card / San Disk storage - with ease. A rare app that is functional and quite nice to use.

It's plug and play on a Windows PC, and works perfectly - and as expected when connecting as a storage stick to a PC. So it is painless and straightforward to copy data to/from your PC. Transferring pics between PC and phone is SOOOOO easy now.

Great item. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6