Profile for N > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Anne Klein Women's Sleeveless V Neck A-Line Suit Dress with Waist Detail, Onyx, 2
Price: $119.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge, but otherwise great, August 8, 2014
Holy vanity sizing! I am normally a size 4 or 6 (I am 5' 7" and weigh 122-128 lbs), and the size 2 of this is really big on me. I will probably keep it, but will have to wear it belted. The length is great; it just grazes the knee.

The tag says dry clean only.

London Times Women's Cap Sleeve Keyhole Tie Fit and Flare Dress
London Times Women's Cap Sleeve Keyhole Tie Fit and Flare Dress

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but runs slightly large, April 23, 2014
I'm 5' 7" and weigh 120-125 pounds. The size 4 is too big (especially around the waist) and falls right at my knee.

The lace is pretty but, at least out of the package, doesn't fall as nicely as it looks in the photo.

It doesn't have much of a waist. Free at the hips.

I'll be returning this but might have reordered in a smaller size if I had more time before the event I plan to wear it to.

Monoprice 4 x 3-Inch Graphic Drawing Tablet (105551)
Monoprice 4 x 3-Inch Graphic Drawing Tablet (105551)
Price: $30.50
9 used & new from $23.42

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't get pressure sensitivity to work with Windows 8.1, January 7, 2014
Despite the Monoprice "Graphics Tablets" drivers being listed as Windows 8 compatible, I can't get pressure sensitivity to work with Windows 8.1. I've been in touch with Monoprice customer service multiple times with no luck. I've tried every tip online, did a System Restore (or whatever the Windows 8 equivalent is called) to get rid of the CD drivers, installed in compatibility mode, etc.

Graphix Shrink Film, White, 8.5x11, 6ct
Graphix Shrink Film, White, 8.5x11, 6ct
Price: $3.59
18 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for making bracelet charm, October 8, 2013
I have uploaded a photo to the gallery showing my first project with this material which may be helpful to you.

I have only used this once but I have had no problems with it at all. Easy to trace (through printer paper), draw on with Sharpie, added holes with a regular hole punch, popped it in the toaster oven and it turned out perfect. I paired it with 1 mm waxed cord which I folded over. The double strand fit in the hole made by the regular hole punch.

To address some of the things raised in other reviews:

* YES, it is completely smooth. If you wanted to use colored pencils with this plastic, you would have to sand it. I am a big kid and can use markers, so this isn't an issue for me :)

* It curled up in the oven and I thought it would stick to itself, but it didn't

* It is completely opaque (solid white) when shrunk

* In the couple days I've worn the bracelet, the drawing has stayed on fine... that said, the black Sharpie probably COULD be scratched off. I haven't scratched it? I would seal this if I cared about durability

* It is fairly glossy

* They shrink roughly 50% in BOTH DIRECTIONS. So the designs end up at 25% of the size of the original

* Came out flat but I bent it over with a spoon a little to fit my wrist better

* I probably COULD snap it in half if I wanted to. Just like scratching it... I'm not sure why I would want to do that

Hope this helps!

Anne Klein Women's Leo Animal Print Belted Dress, Peony Multi, Small
Anne Klein Women's Leo Animal Print Belted Dress, Peony Multi, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly, machine washable, September 21, 2013
I am 5'7", 125 pounds, long limbs, generally a 4/6 in dresses. I ordered this in a Small and it fits very well. The Medium definitely would have been too big. It hits just an inch or so above my knees, roughly the same as on the model. I work in a casual office with a lot of young people and this will work great there.

The belt is fine, not great quality but better than I expected. I have to use the smallest notch and my waist is not tiny (26-27 inches). If you are any smaller than I am, you'd probably need the next size down.

BCBGeneration Women's Blouson Wrap Dress, Galaxy, Small
BCBGeneration Women's Blouson Wrap Dress, Galaxy, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Kind of an odd shape (but it grew on me), December 9, 2012
When I first took this out of the bag I hated it. Hated it! I hadn't paid close enough attention to the structure in the photo. It does say "blouson." Duh. It has a lot of extra fabric on the sides above the waist.

But... I gave it a chance with heels and it grew on me the longer I wore it. I still would have preferred that the top be less baggy (and may see if I can get it altered before I wear it again), but I liked the overall look enough that I kept the dress. The fabric is nice enough. The color is lovely. There is a snap in the front at the v-neck. No zippers or snaps to fuss with. Came with a normal BCBGeneration tag, MSRP $128.00.

Cons:
Top is way too baggy

Pros:
Simple, clean look
Allows you to wear a normal bra (!)
Pretty color
Perfect length (not too short)

For reference, I am 5' 7", 125 pounds, 32B with wide hips, and I ordered it in a small. It's a little snug on the hips but not at all uncomfortable. I will upload a photo that shows the "flaps" better.

Levi's Juniors 535 Seamed Super Skinny Leg Jean
Levi's Juniors 535 Seamed Super Skinny Leg Jean

5.0 out of 5 stars Super skinny, as promised, November 8, 2012
I love these! The color is dark and consistent, they fit nice and tight (really tight!) on the legs, and the seam detail is cute but not obtrusive. They have a lot of stretch.

For reference, I am 5' 7", 123 pounds. I bought these in a size 5.

Edit 12/8/2012: A month later, I still love these. The color hasn't bled at all. The only thing is that they won't take a wide belt (i.e., the loops are kind of narrow), but that's really not a problem since they fit tight. They don't get loose even if I wear them a few days in a row. Hope this helps!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but too loose in the legs for me, November 8, 2012
These are really cute! The color (Prized) is nice, although IMO a little lighter and not quite as nice as the picture. Still, a classic color. The fabric feels good. No issues with the stitching. The waist fit perfectly, almost kept them just for that.

I am returning them because of the fit. Mine fit more like the Frosted Indigo picture... a little bit baggy, which just wasn't the look *I* was going for. I ended up getting these instead: Levi's Juniors 535 Seamed Super Skinny Legging Jean. I'll try to add a picture showing the difference between the fits.

For reference, I am 5' 7", 123 pounds. I bought these in a size 5.

Hope this helps!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2012 11:14 PM PST

Champion Women's Absolute Bike Short
Champion Women's Absolute Bike Short
Price: $13.87 - $31.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect length, September 8, 2012
I love these and wear them to the gym all the time. I have fairly long legs, but these are long enough so that I can do squats without feeling like I'm exposing too much.

I'm 5'7", 125 pounds, usually a medium (I wear a size 6 in most pants), and the small fits well.

Champion Womens The Cami
Champion Womens The Cami
Price: $24.95 - $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and comfy, April 12, 2012
This review is from: Champion Womens The Cami (Apparel)
This is perfect for what I bought it for -- mostly weight training and yoga. It's also fine for cycling and other low impact cardio. I'm not sure I would recommend it for high impact activities like running, especially for women with larger chests, as it doesn't offer a ton of support.

I wear a 32B. (I'm usually a small or a 2/4 in dresses.) I ordered it in medium and it's fine. I think a small would have been okay too, it has a lot of stretch.

It's SUPER comfortable and looks exactly like the photos here. I would recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2