Profile for M. Pickering > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 242

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Pickering RSS Feed (MI, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Oster FPSTMC1250 Top Chop 4-Cup Chopper
Oster FPSTMC1250 Top Chop 4-Cup Chopper
Price: $19.99
9 used & new from $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Chopper Champion On The Cheap, April 18, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like most people, I dread getting out a large food processor unless I have a large amount of food prep to do. Using power choppers has provided mixed results for me in the past. Some are under powered; others spin too fast and produce mush instead of finely chopped onions. I need something that is powerful but gentle, very sharp, easy to get the chopped food out of, and extremely easy to clean and reassemble. I had settled on the KitchenAid 3.5 cup food chopper, which produced excellent chopping results and was very quiet. However, I found that chopper wasn't the easiest to get all of your chopped food out of, and it could be somewhat cumbersome to remove and re-attach the cup and blade from the motor pedestal. I was excited when given the opportunity to test and review the Oster Top Chop 4-cup chopper. Maybe this would be that perfect kitchen helper that I have been looking for.

The Oster Top Chop is a well-built, easy to assemble chopper, which has a bigger foot print than one might imagine. Don't know why, but somehow I assumed this would be a smaller device. But a big footprint means it should hold a lot of food, and boy does it ever. I consider this my perfect salsa making gadget, as I can fit all of the ingredients I need, to chop and blend up a sizable portion of delicious salsa. The blades of this Oster chopper are extremely sharp, and have cut through everything I have tried it on with ease. Although I find that my KitchenAid chopper is a little better at chopping onion, as that model produces no mush in any vegetables whatsoever, the Oster does a respectable job as well, and at half the price of the KitchenAid model. The Oster chopper is fairly easy to empty, although I just cannot understand why they have those vertical plastic protrusions inside of the bowl. They don't cause a big problem, but food does get caught on them, and it takes a little extra effort to scrap out the food around them. I'm no engineer, so maybe those ridges are a vital design feature, needed to provide better chopping results. To me they just seem useless and frustrating. Still, the Oster is much easier to empty than my KitchenAid chopper is, and it reassembles very easy as well. My only other complaint would be that this chopper is rather noisy. I wouldn't expect whisper levels from a device like this, but after testing several different makes and models of choppers over the years, I think the Oster Top Chop is certainly one of the loudest.

I really don't know what else to say about this chopper. It is powerful, sharp, easy to clean and reassemble, and is the perfect size to prepare food items for a small family. It is a bit louder than many other food choppers on the market today, and getting rid of those ridges, inside the chopping bowl, would make is much easier to scrape out all of those little food bits. Still, I think one would be hard pressed to find a better food chopper for the money. I give it 4 stars, as a great but not perfect product, and would highly recommend it to anyone that is sick of cutting everything by hand in the kitchen.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2013 6:46 AM PDT

Best iProducts LLC. iEraser Tablet Screen Cleaner Black (IEraser Black)
Best iProducts LLC. iEraser Tablet Screen Cleaner Black (IEraser Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars It's Microfiber Glued To a Block of Plastic...How Innovational, March 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
With all of the advances in technology today, you would think someone would invent a brilliant product for cleaning flat panel screens; such as those on televisions, laptops, tablets, smart phones, etc. When I was sent the iEraser Tablet Screen Cleaner, to test and review, I was really hoping for something that would provide a streak free shine in a convenient, portable, and reusable design. After extensive testing, I can honestly say that this product shouts of "been there...done that" design, and it just doesn't seem practical or cost effective for the average person.

First of all, many other manufacturers have created a flat block, with some microfiber attached to one side, as a screen cleaner before. So this product is not a revolutionary design by any means. In fact, it isn't really even evolutionary, compared with some of the other products out there, like the Targus CleanVu Cleaning Pads for Apple iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad 4th Generation, iPad mini, iPhone, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy, BlackBerry Playbook TXA00212US (2Black/1Red) 3 Pack, or the SideKick Cleaner for iPad. Yet the cost of the iEraser is substantially higher. Maybe the manufacturer believes that putting the lower case `i' at the beginning of the product name entitles them to charge a premium, as if they were associated with Apple in some way. So as far as product design goes, it is well built, but nothing unique or better than the competition.

As far as cleaning ability, the iEraser did an excellent job on both my iPad and Galaxy tablets. Well, it did a great job for the first few cleanings anyway. After about 2 weeks of cleaning my tablets almost daily, the cleaning ability of the iEraser started to become less and less effective. It would seem that the microfiber cloth surface was becoming saturated with dust and debris, as well as oils that it had removed from the tablets. I also think it picked up lint and dust from the air or other sources while just sitting idle, since the iEraser comes with no cover or storage container of any sort. All you get is a plastic rectangle, with a microfiber pad glued onto it. They should have at least provided a storage pouch, or snap on cover of some sort, to protect the cloth surface from debris during storage. And hey, how about offering a changeable cleaning surface, so that you can buy extra microfiber pads, and change them when one becomes soiled and unusable? Now that would be a great idea; and one that your competitors have already thought of.

I am normally not very negative in my product reviews, but this iEraser tablet screen cleaner just seems like an overpriced, unintuitive, block of cheap materials, which is no more effective at cleaning a tablet than a plain old microfiber cloth. At least the cloth is cheaper, can be used with or without spray cleaner, and most can even be washed and reused again and again. For less than the cost of this iEraser, with its very small cleaning surface area, I can get a pack of 18 microfiber cloths, each measuring 16x16 inches. Now the microfiber cloth supplier is not claiming to "donate a shiny quarter" to charity for every purchase, but for the money I save by buying the cloths instead of the iEraser, I could send 3 or more shiny quarters. Then again, since the cloths would last much longer than the iEraser, I guess I wouldn't have to order nearly as often, and eventually the charity could end up getting fewer shiny quarters. Ugh...now there is a dilemma! Anyway, if you are looking for a disposable, small, costly, microfiber cleaning pad stuck to block of plastic, the iEraser may be a good choice. It does an excellent job with light cleaning jobs on tablets, iPods, etc. However, if you prefer something that is equally effective at cleaning, and yet far more cost effective, get yourself a bag of nice microfiber cloths, and maybe even some flat screen cleaning spray (for those really nasty smudges). I give the iEraser a generous 2 stars.

basyx by HON VL403 Managerial Mid-Back Chair with Loop Arms for Office or Computer Desk, Brown
Price: $176.79
2 used & new from $176.79

3.0 out of 5 stars HON Cut Some Corners and This Is The Result, March 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have tested and used many office chairs over the years. I have always found HON to be a brand that I can count on, for quality and comfort. I have to say, the VL403 (part of the basyx by HON line of furniture) mid-back chair is about as middle of the road as you can get. It is constructed of high quality materials, for the most part, and looks fantastic. In fact, if I were judging this chair by looks alone, it would receive 5 stars. The leather has a polished look, and the muted silver/gray arm brackets and base provide a classy, modern finish. It looks like a business chair, but is stylish enough for any home as well.

Packaging was superb, with a lot of detail in keeping all parts safe and secure. I was impressed by how evenly distributed the weight was in the box. The few fasteners that are needed, to assemble the chair, are all sealed on a cardboard card, covered in plastic. A tool is included as well, so no trip is needed to one's own toolbox. The assembly instructions were vague, and could have used more description, but overall assembly was fairly easy, taking me about 15 minutes or so.

So far I have noted that the chair looks great, seems to be made of quality materials, the packaging is extremely good, and the assembly is pretty straightforward. Now I get to the element that prevents me from giving this chair a much higher rating. My chair has a very noticeable wobble to it, which makes it awkward to sit in. At first I thought the seat base was not attached properly to the pneumatic cylinder. However, upon closer inspection I found that the rivets, that hold the two halves of the bottom seat bracket together (that has the tilt tension knob, and the height adjustment lever), are very loose, allowing a lot of slop. Every time I sit in this chair, it feels like the seat is going to snap right off the cylinder. I am sure that I just got a defective bracket, but one has to wonder if HON gave the quality control manager the day off when my chair was constructed. In all honesty, I did not even bother calling HON customer service. This chair was a test product, for the Amazon Vine Program, so returning it for exchange is not an option.

So overall I find this to be a very nice looking chair, which is virtually unusable for me. I can't stand a chair that wobbles. So it is sitting out in my utility room, likely never to be used in the foreseeable future. This is the second chair I have recently tested from the HON basyx line. I found the other model to be of somewhat poor quality and very uncomfortable to sit on. While I still think of HON as a reputable maker or office furniture, the basyx models must be their economy line. While I understand cutting a corner here and there, to reduce cost, I cannot accept a product that is uncomfortable and wobbly. Even at a cheap price, why spend the money at all if you aren't going to get an acceptable product? So I'm sorry to say that this is another thumbs down from me. I will give this VL403 chair 3 stars, because it does look quite nice, and I am hoping and assuming that I just received a defective product, and that is why mine wobbles so much.

I should also note that the chair is a bit more narrow than most of the other office chairs I have owned and reviewed. This should be OK for most people, but if you have a fairly wide frame, or if you like some wiggle room in your chair, you may want to look elsewhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2013 11:52 AM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete Piece of Garbage!, March 19, 2013
The product picture looks pretty good. That's what my wife and I thought, when we ordered this Dena Meri 330 manicure table from Amazon.com. If you decide to order this product for yourself, you will own proof that looks can be deceiving.

Our order arrived on time, the packaging was decent, and all of the parts needed for assembly was included in the boxes (comes shipped in two boxes). That is where the pros for this product end! The table top has little cracked and chipped spots in several places around the edges. The plastic that the cart is made of is extremely thin and was warped in a couple of places. When I flipped the cart over, to install the wheels on the bottom, I discovered that one entire edge of the cart's plastic bottom was broken and separated. Sliding the roll-front door up and down is a real chore, due to the fact that the handle flap flexes extremely easy, and it hits the front of the storage trays inside the cart when you roll up or down. You actually have to stick your fingers under the edge and pull out, in order to allow it to move freely up and down. Of course you scrape your fingers against the tray edges when sliding the door this way. The entire plastic cart is so light; I am able to lift it with two fingers, up to shoulder height. So how do you install the table top onto the cheap, plastic cart? Well, with Velcro of course! The table top comes with 4 strips of Velcro stapled to the underside. Dina Meri provides you with four of the matching strips, which you must stick to the top four corners of the plastic cart. You then flip the cart upside down (not difficult, since it is light as a feather), and mash the Velcro strips together. You then have to be very careful when flipping the entire contraption upright, as the cart will want to tear away from the top, since the Velcro doesn't hold very well.

I have included several pictures of this product, to show what I received and had to assemble. Once fully assembled, from a distance, this manicure table doesn't look too bad. Unfortunately the quality is pure garbage! The table also has quite a wobble when using it for a manicure. We virtually destroyed the boxes, when unpacking the product, so they are not suitable for sending back. Not to mention the shipping costs to do so. I paid over three hundred bucks for this flimsy heap of particle board and plastic. I guess I should have been far more careful when unboxing, so I could have tried to send it back and get at least some of my hard earned money back. At this point my wife now owns a manicure table that she is too embarrassed to use with her clients. I guess it will just sit in the basement, to use as a nail table for family members only. So buyers beware; this may not be an extremely expensive manicure table, but for the money you are getting the poorest quality materials one could possibly imagine. Check out my pictures and judge for yourself. I just hope I can save others from wasting time and money the way I did.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2013 4:46 PM PDT

Air Wick Color-Changing Scented Candle, Lavender and Chamomile, 4.23 Ounce
Air Wick Color-Changing Scented Candle, Lavender and Chamomile, 4.23 Ounce
Offered by Medical & More
Price: $7.20
12 used & new from $6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Candle That Never Wants To Stop Glowing, February 21, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My wife and I enjoy candles, and for the past year or so we have been using LED candles, as an alternative to buying and burning expensive scented candles. When we saw the Air Wick color changing candle advertised, and then noticed the low price here on Amazon, well we knew we would just have to try one for ourselves.

Being a member of the Vine team, I was actually offered one of these candles for testing. So my wife and I have been using the candle for the past 3 weeks, and for the most part we are extremely happy with it. The scent of the candle is wonderful, and the lighting effects are excellent. However, I think we may have received a slightly defective candle. As soon as we took it out of the package, the lighting effect immediately started glowing. I messed around with it for quite some time, trying to get it to stop glowing. After all, I hadn't even lit the candle yet. The only way I could get it to stop glowing was to place the candle on a table, upside down. We then lit the candle, turned out the lights, and enjoyed the lighting and wonderful scent for about an hour or so. When I blew out the candle, the glowing effects stopped. OK, so maybe it just needed to burn for a while in order to get everything working properly. Well as soon as we turned the overhead lights on again, the candle immediately started glowing.

I will jump ahead and skip all of the messing around we did, while trying to figure out why our candle had a mind of its own. There appears to be a light sensor sticking out of the top of the wax. It is made of glass or a very hard acrylic. If I place my finger over it, the glowing stops. As soon as I remove my finger, the glowing starts again. I am sure that sensor is supposed to detect the light from a flame, and cause the candle to glow. I assume the sensor in our candle is mounted way too high, so any ambient room light sets off the candle, even when the candle itself has no flame. What we do now is place the candle in a cupboard, shielding it from any ambient light. Keeping the candle away from light prevents it from glowing all of the time. We just take the candle out whenever we want to light it. As soon as we remove the candle from the cupboard, it starts to immediately glow before we even light it.

So regardless of the minor frustration this candle has caused us, we are very impressed with it overall. For the money you just can't ask for a better candle. My wife and I really enjoy the Lavender & Chamomile scent. It is fairly strong, but not too strong. The color changing LED effects are really cool, and if the sensor is mounted in the wax correctly, I assume you could just leave them out and light them whenever you wanted. The candle burns nice and slow, so I have no doubt it will last for many hours. I just can't believe this candle is so reasonably priced. I think my wife and I may purchase a few more, but we are a little cautious because of the problem we have with our current candle. I would hate to have to place several candles in the cupboard, in order to prevent them from glowing. I haven't heard anyone else mention this problem, so I have to assume ours is defective, but please comment if you have experienced a similar issue. This candle easily earns 4 stars, even with the defective light sensor; 5 stars if the sensor worked properly.

OSKAR Humidifier -Black
OSKAR Humidifier -Black
Offered by MoreQualityLessMoney
Price: $159.99
9 used & new from $119.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and Quiet, but Small and Expensive, January 17, 2013
This review is from: OSKAR Humidifier -Black (Misc.)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The OSKAR humidifier is quite a work of art. It is sleek and stylish, and performs its basic function quite well. This is not a high output humidifier, and I feel it is better suited to small rooms, like a bedroom, den, or home office. Features are limited; only two fan speeds, no hygrometer, and no removable water tank that can be filled at the sink. It is quite obvious that this model was designed for looks first before function. However, this doesn't mean that it doesn't do a good job at adding humidity to a room. It does perform this function just fine, providing you have it in a small room.

Filling OSKAR is a fairly easy task, but requires that you carry water from the sink to the device, and pour it in the top. This machine holds well under a gallon of water, so if you have it on the highest setting, you are going to be making many trips between the sink and OSKAR over the course of an average, dry, winter day. OSKAR is quiet, and it does a respectful job raising humidity in a room and holding it there. The filters are rather expensive, and the manufacturer recommends you replace them at least every two months. The Ionic Silver Cube, which is supposed to prevent bacteria growth, costs almost as much as the filters, but only needs to be replaced once a year. Prices change, so I will not name them in this review, but for a typical Michigan heating season, I would be spending a great deal of money on consumables for this very small capacity humidifier.

Overall I find the OSKAR to be cute and functional, but extremely expensive. You can purchase a whole house console humidifier, or at least 3 single room humidifiers for the cost of the OSKAR. However, it is very modern and stylish looking, and blends in very well in just about any décor. It is very quiet as well, so that is a bonus. I am thankful for having the ability to test and review this device, but will not be buying another, and will likely not purchase any filters or Silver Cubes for it going forward. It just does far too little for the cost of ownership. It may be a great humidifier for a small apartment, but for a home with larger rooms, the OSKAR just doesn't earn its keep.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2013 9:52 AM PST

Belkin Grip Candy Sheer Case / Cover for iPhone 5 and 5S (Turquoise / Gray)
Belkin Grip Candy Sheer Case / Cover for iPhone 5 and 5S (Turquoise / Gray)
Price: Click here to see our price
14 used & new from $2.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Choice For Protecting Your Precious iPhone, December 20, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always been a fan of Belkin iPhone cases and bumpers, and this Grip Candy Sheer case is no exception. It has just the right amount of flexibility to get the case on and off your iPhone 5 with ease, and it has a nice, rubbery style grip around the outside edge, for assure that your phone doesn't easily slip out of your hands. The access holes in the case are spot on, allowing plenty of room for the headphone jack and charging port. However, as another reviewer pointed out, there is no way to use the Lightning Port Adapter with this case, since it does not allow the rather large adapter to seat flush with the bottom of the phone. However, I think this is to be expected, and I'm not sure any cases have a cutout large enough for this, at least as of this writing. Also not a huge fan of some of the color combinations. I got the Blue/Gray case, and just find the gray color to be an odd choice to pair with this shade of blue. But I'm no expert of fashion, so that is just my personal opinion.

Overall I feel that this Belkin Grip Candy Sheer Case is a great choice to protect my investment. It looks and feels like a quality product, and the cost is low enough to make it a winner in my book. I have noticed that the outer grip portion collects lint and dirt quite easily, and it not easy to clean off, so I consider this product to have a rather short lifespan for me. Still, I like the case enough that I will likely buy another one, when this current one becomes extremely scratched and dirty. I declare this a 4-star product, and recommend it to any iPhone 5 owners out there.

Panasonic EH-SE60VP Heated Eyelash Curler
Panasonic EH-SE60VP Heated Eyelash Curler
Price: $24.99
63 used & new from $23.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Barely Gets Warm - Possibly Defective, December 20, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unlike other reviewers, who claim that their heated eyelash curler burned them, or the heat damaged their eyelashes, my Panasonic heated curler barely got over room temperature. I tried replacing the batteries several times. Even bought new cells from the store and tried them. I always got the same results; the powered brush would rotate, but the brush would barely get warm at all. I have tried leaving it on for several minutes before use with no change in temperature. I did attempt to contact Panasonic by phone, but after excessive hold times and transfers, I finally gave up. This device isn't worth to waste that much of my time. If I had bought it from Amazon or a local, I would have returned it for exchange or refund. However, as I received it as part of the Amazon Vine Program, what I got is what I got, and it looks like what I got is quite possibly defective.

My wife did test the Panasonic curler, even without the brush heating properly. She was a little scared to try it at first. She didn't like the rotating action of the brush, and worried that eyelashes could snag and be ripped out by the brush. She eventually built up the nerve to try it anyway, and although relieved that it didn't rip out her precious lashes, she was extremely disappointed overall. It may be due to the lack of heat, but she found that this product didn't curl her eyelashes a noticeable amount at all. She felt that the product is geared toward teen-age girls, and says it just seems gimmicky. She feels that a heated, rotating brush near one's eye seems rather dangerous. Now that is only her personal opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt. But the fact remains, the Panasonic heated curler that I received is not heating up properly, and just isn't effective as an eyelash curler as it is. Trying to get Panasonic product support to replace or repair it appears to require quite a bit of one's time, and I am not even sure they would do much for me since I received the product for free. Given the somewhat low cost of the product, I personally don't feel it is worth the wasted time to try and work through all of the red tape at Panasonic, to get my test device replaced.

I am giving the product two stars, as I am a gadget person, and think this is a great concept product. However, my product is either defective or just isn't effective at all, and Panasonic support is too tedious to bother with. I wish Panasonic the best of luck with this product, and thank Amazon for the opportunity to test and review this item.

OXO 3-Piece Pop Round Canister Set, White
OXO 3-Piece Pop Round Canister Set, White
Price: $39.95
4 used & new from $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, A Canister Set That Both Looks Good And Seals Good, October 17, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't begin to tell you how much time I have wasted on the Internet, trying to find a kitchen canister set that looks decent and has lids that seal well. Sure, I have found a few sets with small canisters, but none that included a canister that could hold an entire bag of flour or sugar. About 6 months ago I discovered the OXO Pop Canisters, although they were square and rectangle instead of round. OXO offered a set of the canisters, but in order to get the sizes I needed, I had to order them individually. Now I am thrilled to see that OXO is not only offering a set that has those three sizes together (4.5, 3, and 1.9 quarts), but that they are available in a round (cylinder) shape as well! The container sets are available with lids in your choice of white or black.

Let me start out by saying that I feel these OXO Pop containers are great! I really enjoy the clear sides, so you can see the product you are storing within, and the push button lids offer a single handed method of sealing and removing the lid for safe and effective food storage. When you place the lip on the canister, and push down on the center button, a mechanism forces a silicone seal outward, against the upper lip of the canister, creating an air tight seal. Well I use the term air tight a bit loosely, since I have not confirmed if it is completely air tight or not, but I can tell you it creates a better seal that I have experienced from any other kitchen canister before. The 4 quart canister is the perfect size for holding an entire bag of flour. The 3 quart is plenty big enough to hold a 5lb bag of the more densely packed granular sugar. I use the 2 quart to store brown sugar. I really wish they offered an even smaller canister for me to store powdered sugar (they do but only in square shape), but overall I am thrilled with the sizes included with this 3-piece canister set.

So although very close to perfect, there are a couple of elements that prevent me from giving them 5 stars. First, these containers scratch very easily. When full of product you don't really notice that much, but after cleaning them a few times, and seeing them sit on the counter empty, you will quickly notice a plethora of fine scratches that look just horrible. Secondly, the canisters are not dishwasher safe. According to the included care instructions, the removable silicone seal can be washed in the dishwasher, but the canisters themselves, as well as the lids, must be hand washed. I just shake my head wondering what OXO was thinking when they made that design decision. Who cares about washing the silicone seal in the dishwasher? I want to be able to pop the canisters and lids in the dishwasher. I'm sure it has to do with the type of plastic used, but I'm sure they could have easily created a product that was completely dishwasher safe. Lastly, the plastic canisters are pretty thin, and will crack very easily. Not that I plan to bang them around or drop them, but anyone will be able to tell that they are somewhat fragile, and not meant for any form of aggressive handling. Since they sit on my countertop, full of baking products 99.9% of the time, I don't expect any breakage unless I accidentally drop one while cleaning.

Overall I could not be much happier with the OXO 3-Piece Pop Round Canister Set. I have owned a lot of kitchen canisters before, which would either be an attractive design but had a horrible sealing (or no seal at all) lid, or would have a decent sealing lid but was too small and ugly looking. This set from OXO is simple but elegant looking, and offers a brilliant push-button lid that seals extremely well. I highly recommend this product to everyone that is looking for a simple, stylish canister set, that will seal in freshness for all of your dry food storage needs.

Nooski 300000798 Mouse Trap With 10 Rings
Nooski 300000798 Mouse Trap With 10 Rings
Price: $10.88
8 used & new from $4.66

4.0 out of 5 stars A Clever Way To Put The Squeeze On Your Mouse Problems, October 17, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Although I am a gadget Guy, I like to keep simple things simple. I don't need an electronic mouse zapper that costs $100. Poison pellets just create a horrible smell in our office, when the poisoned mouse decides to crawl into or behind something to die from his fateful last meal. Nobody knows there is a dead mouse until you start to smell it. Then the hunt begins, to find the little rotting rodent before the smell becomes overpowering. So this just leaves the snap traps, which are cheap, and have been simple and affective for many, many years. Still, with all of the advancements over the years, you would think that someone would have developed a more efficient and user friendly mouse trap.

Introducing the Nooski Mouse Trap! The Nooski uses a clever rubber noose ring design, that squeezes the mouse and ends his or her life very quickly, which the manufacturer claims is humane. Well I will not get into a debate over what method of terminating a rodent is most humane, but I can tell you that I find the design of this device rather ingenious. The design is based on a tube, which the mouse crawls in to, to acquire a tasty treat of peanut butter, cheese, or whatever else a human might use to lure a mouse into this tube-o-death. Said human simply rolls one of the small, green, rubber rings onto the tapered cone end of the tube, and continues to roll it along the tube until it settles down into the groove at the very edge of the tube's open end. There is a little plastic trigger mechanism that you must hold in place, until you slide the tube into the plastic holder base. Then place the trap in an area of known mouse traffic, and you should soon find a lifeless critter lying somewhere close to the trap! A brilliant design that I believe will be extremely effective. My only complaint is that this plastic trap is so light that there is potential for a mouse (especially a fat one) to end up pushing the trap around a bit while trying to crawl into the tube. That is just my personal opinion though, as I have not been witness to this actually happening. As the weather has been getting colder in my area, I have been expecting to see some mouse activity, but nothing so far.

So I change the peanut butter in this trap every couple of days, but still no sign of mouse activity in or around the trap. I am confident that this trap will work, and will update my review once I know that there are mice afoot in the office.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20