Profile for Gaming Mama > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 81

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gaming Mama RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
3DS XL Retro NES Edition System
3DS XL Retro NES Edition System
Offered by X-Button Games
Price: $204.99
63 used & new from $139.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this!!!!, March 13, 2015
I wanted to upgrade to a 3ds xl, so I was looking here at all the designs to choose from....and I ran across this design! I chose to buy it at GameStop for $175, as it was cheaper, and they had it in stock. I can't say enough about how beautiful this console is! I decided to purchase the HORI clear protective case sleeves for it, as well as the screen protectors. If you are thinking about getting this...just do it. You won't be sorry😄.

Fantasy Life
Fantasy Life
Price: $38.99
62 used & new from $34.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite game!, March 7, 2015
This review is from: Fantasy Life (Video Game)
Absolutely LOVE this game! I have played most of the games that people are comparing this to. It is definitely similar to Rune Factory with its battles, and also to Disney's Magical World with the quests and collecting of materials. You begin by creating your character and choosing what life you want. There are many to choose from......alchemist, wizard, mercenary, tailor, etc. You receive training from a mentor for the life you choose, and then receive quests to help you level up. As you level up, more items are unlocked for use/purchase. If you are a cook for example, more recipes are unlocked. The people you meet will make requests, which you can choose to accept. You can go to the guild office at any time and change your life as often as you like. If you choose to be a fisherman, you will always have access to your fishing pole, even if you change your life to something else. But if you want to do any leveling up as a fisherman, you have to be living a fisherman's life when you talk to your mentor. You will constantly change lives in this game to satisfy requests and make money for life improvement and materials purchases. There are many places to explore and characters to meet. The commentary is hysterical! With the amount of reading involved, I'm not sure that younger gamers would appreciate it as much. My ten year old would never actually read all the commentary. As in Rune Factory, you can make clothes, recipes, weapons, etc. However, it is more "hands on" as you are timed and actually have to participate in the process. You can buy a house and decorate it as you like. You can also change your clothes which sometimes enhances your life's abilities. Overall.....it is a wonderful game.....not one that will be over quickly.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Price: $24.99
121 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!!!!, June 30, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I remember going into Gamestop and being told over and over that the release date on this game had been pushed back. Our family became "hooked" on Animal Crossing Wild World....with even my husband getting a copy and using my daughter's old pink DS to play with us. So we were BEYOND excited to see the teaser trailers for Animal Crossing New Leaf for the 3DS.

This game is fantastic!! From the very start....you are the mayor of the new town. You decide which building projects will be undertaken and where they will be placed (park benches, fountains, bridges, etc). Only one can be done at a time, so perfecting your town can take a gloriously long time ;) There are many new additions of clothing, including shoes and socks!!!! If they add a purse store, I will truly be in heaven! Nook's kids have taken over the family furniture business....and Nook himself now works in home construction. You can now custom order the doors, mailboxes, hedges, exteriors, etc. of your home.

And now....my absolute FAVORITE part....the island. Remember the cabbie who drove you to your town in Wild World. As he has now been replaced by a train in New Leaf, his new job is to ferry you to the island in his little motor boat. And along the way, he sings to you one of his many little songs....some of which are quite funny! You can choose to go to the island alone, or you can join other players from North America or around the world. Once there, you can hang out and fish from the beach, go diving in your little scuba suit, catch bugs, etc. You can also choose to go on one of the various tours only offered at the island. The tours are actually mini games that test your skills and earn you coins that can only be used at the island gift shop. You can play these games alone, or bring one of the friends you meet through the multiplayer option.

We are only a month into it and having a great time. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a nice family game with lots to do. My son is 8 and he is just glued to this. He gets so excited and can't wait to tell me if there has been something new added to the town that day. Definitely get this game!

Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 7
Price: $24.99
182 used & new from $19.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the family..., March 19, 2013
This review is from: Mario Kart 7 (Video Game)
We just got the game yesterday, and the whole family is hooked on it. I won't go into specifics about the game....because other reviewers have covered that pretty well. But we love the graphics, as well as the option for ALL of us to play with only one game card on multi-player. My husband loves the option to change the view so that you can see the track from the driver's seat, and tilt the 3ds like a steering wheel. Good for our household ages 8-38!

Discovery Kids Ice Cream Maker
Discovery Kids Ice Cream Maker
Offered by KLIW Enterprises
Price: $59.90
7 used & new from $52.81

1.0 out of 5 stars Can we rate this a big fat zero???, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Discovery Kids Ice Cream Maker
Kids were super excited to try this ice cream maker. I am surprised to read that other reviewers actually got ANY ice cream off this piece of....junk. We never got any ice cream. Just some tastey chocolate milk and a big mess. Glad this was a gift from a relative and that I didn't spend my OWN money on this thing. Correction....I DID buy the cream. Could have spent the same amount of $ on some Ben and Jerry's and we'd be enjoying it instead of listening to the kids complain about this gift.

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Price: $15.73
95 used & new from $1.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Lengthy! Fantastic graphics!, January 19, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was surprised when I read the reviews about glitches and freezing issues on here. I am almost 80% finished with this game, and I have NOT had it freeze on me even once. We originally bought the regular DS version of this game and it was kind of....ok. We ended up reselling it. THIS ONE.....blew us away with the 3D graphics and the sound effects of the light sabers! I thought it was interesting that some of the characters have to be purchased with 3DS playcoins.....an encouragment to get some exercise and use the pedometer! The kids' grandmother thought that was a nice feature....considering she's always griping that they spend too much time playing their 3DS and not enough time running around. This is a fun game for any Star Wars fan. In addition to the usual Lego stuff of jumping around, bashing things and collecting studs.....on some levels, you can fly the x-wing around and shoot stuff! The levels on this game are lengthy. Lots to do and unlock. I've finished most of the game and haven't even unlocked the minigames yet.

As for freezing issues.....although I haven't experienced it on THIS game, I experienced it quite a bit on Lego Harry Potter. I found that once I had millions and millions of studs, I really didn't need to turn on the studs x2, x4, x6, x8, x10 anymore. I stopped activating those and the freezing was no longer an issue. Maybe this game can't keep up with all those studs? I would recommend this game to anyone who likes the Lego games and Star Wars. If you are scared to buy because of the freeze reviews, buy it used at Gamestop or somewhere where you can buy a used game, try it out, and return it if it's buggy.

Nintendogs + Cats:  French Bulldog and New Friends
Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog and New Friends
Offered by NationWideDistributor
Price: $18.05
60 used & new from $14.05

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy game that appeals to boys and girls..., January 1, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
You start this game at a kennel where you can choose the puppy you want from the various breeds available. You take your puppy home and teach him/her their name and some easy commands. You can take your dog for a walk....going to places like the park, the cafe, the gym, or to various shops (places to buy pet supplies, accessories for dressing up, furniture, etc). You can enter competitions twice a day....which pay you prize money that you can then use for shopping. After you adopt your first dog, 3 different kittens are also available for purchase once you save up enough money.

My daughter bought herself a 3DS last year that came with this game included. She liked this 3D version MUCH more than the regular Nintendogs games for the DS (she had a few and quickly resold them to Gamestop). It is a year later, and she is still enjoying THIS game. My 8 year old son decided that he wanted to play as well. As there is not a second save slot on my daughter's game, he had to buy his own. He picked it up quickly. Both kids are enjoying this game and are looking forward to trying the StreetPass capability to meet other people playing this game and exchange gifts with them. If I read the instructions correctly, it looks like more puppies will become available when you meet other people on StreetPass who have these games (maybe ones who have the lab and poodle games?). The box says for ages 7 and up. I think that's pretty accurate. There is a bit of reading involved with the directions in the game.

Good game for girls AND boys. If your child likes a specific type of dog (my son wanted a basset hound), you can turn the game case over and the breeds available are listed on the back. This French Bulldog & Friends game comes with......chihuahuas, yorkshire terriers, siberian huskies, cavalier king charles spaniels, french bulldogs, german shepherds, dalmations, basset hounds and shetland sheepdogs.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Offered by Vulcandeals
Price: $66.79
116 used & new from $52.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, January 1, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I can't really add to the wonderful descriptions that are already here. I bought a 3DS a few months ago and I FINALLY purchased this game last week. This game is EXACTLY what the 3DS was made for! I was completely blown away by the graphics and the colors. We have had many games come thru our house, but this is the best 3D game for this console that I have ever seen. 5 stars!!!!

Toy Shop - Nintendo DS
Toy Shop - Nintendo DS
Offered by SHARPEY MEDIA
Price: $10.31
27 used & new from $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Snooooooze fest!!!!, August 11, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I thought the idea of this game sounded fun.......taking over a toy store and building the business back up. Looked on here AFTER I tried it out to find out if other people found it to be as boring as I did (shame on me for buying without reading the reviews!!). I bought this for $6.29 yesterday and I plan to excange it today at our local game store. Thank GOD they give you 7 days to return used games!!!

This game had a lot of instructions. Basically, you are taking over your grandfather's toy store and building it back up from scratch. You are playing as a brother/sister team. The sister runs the store while the brother stays home and makes the toys (which consists of using the arrow keys to use 4 different tools). Both characters are supposed to chat with people around town for advice or just to make friends with the locals. The concept has promise.....but the game is very poorly executed. My 10 year old daughter tried the game and after 20 minutes said, "Yeh, I'm not liking this game." So back it goes!

Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Offered by Bargains Of Maine Media
Price: $12.98
160 used & new from $8.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for boys AND girls!!, June 12, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Kirby's Epic Yarn (Video Game)
I almost didn't buy this game because I thought that the whole YARN look might have turned the kids off to it. (They have all the other Kirby games for the DS.) I am happy to say....I was TOTALLY WRONG!! My kids ...age 8 and 9 (almost 10)....absolutely LOVE it! My son claims that he has already beaten the game (in 2 days).....which I found extremely hard to believe. So I checked it, and he has finished 58% of it, but now he has to go back thru the levels and collect the rest of the beads. So if your child claims to be finished with the game....double check. Great family game!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9