Profile for Seattle Mommy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Seattle Mommy RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Peaceable Kingdom / Go Fish! Card Game
Peaceable Kingdom / Go Fish! Card Game
Offered by 4% for Change for Children
Price: $6.99
11 used & new from $5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute and fun!, June 26, 2011
My 3-year-old loves this game and asks to play it all the time. The colors on the cards are very bright and the pictures are cute. I love how the numbers on the cards are big and easy for a toddler/preschooler to read. We bought this game over a year ago and the cards still look brand new (no bends or creases), so they've held up really well even after a lot of use. Works great as a travel game too--I originally purchased it as a quiet game for my kiddo to play on a long plane ride and it kept him occupied and entertained for quite a while. Highly recommend!

Peaceable Kingdom / Hoot Owl Hoot! Award Winning Cooperative Game for Kids
Peaceable Kingdom / Hoot Owl Hoot! Award Winning Cooperative Game for Kids
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $15.99
24 used & new from $15.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoot Owl Hoot is a hit at our house!, June 26, 2011
This game is a new favorite at our house! My 3 year old loves racing against the sun to try to get the baby owls back to their nest. I love how this game teaches him counting, colors and teamwork. Unlike other board games where you play against your opponents, this board game is based on cooperative play so everyone works together toward a common goal. None of the other preschool-aged board games that we have offer this concept of teamwork, so that's something I definitely appreciate about this game. I also love the cute drawings, bright colors and sturdy, environmentally-friendly materials. We love Hoot Owl Hoot and another one (Count Your Chickens) that is made by the same company. Both are great for this age group. Highly recommend for preschoolers!

Peaceable Kingdom / Count Your Chickens Award Winning Cooperative Game for Kids
Peaceable Kingdom / Count Your Chickens Award Winning Cooperative Game for Kids
Offered by Etailz
Price: $15.99
39 used & new from $12.80

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old loves this game!, June 26, 2011
My 3 year old loves this game, and I do too! The concept was really easy for him to understand (help the mama chicken get her baby chicks back to the coop) and he caught on right away. I love how this game teaches counting and, unlike most board games, is based on cooperative play. My 3-year-old is going through a stage where he always wants to be the winner which means everyone else has to be the "losers"--but not with this game. This game teaches him that not everything is about competition and sometimes it's more important to just try to work together. The bright colors, cute graphics and environmentally friendly materials were an added bonus. Highly recommend this game as well as another one by Peaceable Kingdom, Hoot Owl Hoot. Both are great for the 3+ age range.

Peaceable Kingdom Press Numbers Colors Shapes Gift Book
Peaceable Kingdom Press Numbers Colors Shapes Gift Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these little board books!, April 23, 2010
My 2 year old son learned his numbers, shapes and colors using these little board books. They are very easy to read and have bright, colorful pictures so they held his attention well. Plus they are very sturdy and are just the perfect size for little hands! Great quality, highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my son's favorite toys!, April 9, 2010
My son got these blocks as a gift for his 1st birthday and almost 2 years later he still plays with them almost every day. I thought when I first saw them that they wouldn't last very long since the blocks are made of paper; however I've been amazed at how sturdy they are. After all this time they still look brand new! In fact they're in better shape than the plastic blocks my son got around the same time.

When he was younger my son loved playing with these blocks to learn the names of the animals, then later the blocks were great in helping him learn colors, the alphabet, and now numbers/counting as he stacks the blocks...so the usefulness of this toy just continues to grow right along with him. These blocks are really durable and are of great quality -- highly recommended.
Comment Comment | Permalink