Profile for Sarge > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sarge RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Code Alpha ACU Pattern Computer Attache
Code Alpha ACU Pattern Computer Attache
Offered by SOUTH_CAROLINA_LIQUIDATIONS
Price: $66.31
4 used & new from $66.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged and dependable, January 16, 2011
Once I was promoted and assigned to S3 NCO (Operations and Training NCO for the pogues) I searched for a proper laptop case. It had to accomodate my Dell XPS laptop, training materials, handouts, software, external mouse and other accessories. First, there is a padded sleeve with a carrying handle for your laptop and fits inside the appointed slot of the bag. For extra protection, there is a hardened bottom. There is ample room for materials and it is expandable with the side straps that allowed me to carry two one inch thick Field Manuals and twenty 118 page OPORDERS for handouts. In addition, I hade CDs and other materials in the attache portion of the bag. Depending on the dimensions of your laptop, you can also fit a one inch binder in the laptop section of the bag. The three removable molle pouches are useful for additional cabling and my external mouse and 10 key keyboard. I also used one pouch for a two meter radio and extra batteries. The carrying handle is rugged, but I used the shoulder strap most of the time. We are regularly deployed in the field and there is always other gear to carry which makes the shoulder strap very useful. There is a velcro strip that allows you to place a name tape on the front of the upper flap. Inside the attache portion, there are dividers for business cards, writing supplies, and additional pockets. The only drawback that I found was that the upper flap hold down straps fasten right behind and between the removable pouches. The pouches get in the way of fastening these straps.

Unfortunately, I have since purchased an Alienware M17r2 laptop and it is too big for this particular bag. I purchased the Alienware bag for the laptop and it is just big enough for the laptop. It was leather and more expensive, but does not protect the laptop as well as the Code Alpha bag listed here. If it would have fit, I would have used the Code Alpha bag instead of the recommended Alienware one.

If you have to transport a laptop and multiple books or large amounts of paperwork, then I would suggest getting what is known as the "large mechanics bag" which you can get in ACU pattern and I used it prior to getting this one. It will protect your laptop and has additional side pockets for extra gear (very roomy). I use all three when we have to set up a TOC in the field.

Panasonic KX-TG1062M DECT 6.0 Corded/Cordless Phone with Answering Machine, Metallic Gray, 2 Handsets
Offered by Electronics Warehouse Outlet
Price: $124.90
10 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Expandable, and as Expected, January 16, 2011
I got tired of paying for a cell phone and a land line, so I disconnected my land line. The plan was sound except that when I built my house in the country, I did not get good cell service. Finally, I was able to get cable phone service and searched for a suitable phone. I seen this one and checked into it. Having a two story house meant that I needed additional phones or an expandable one. It comes with two hand sets and you can buy two more to go along with it. I found two to be enough for now. They have internal intercoms and page system (useful if you misplace a hand set). The sound quality is excellent and the batteries on the hand sets stay charged for a reasonably long time. The signal strength is so good, that I do not use the base at all. I keep a hand set with me at all times and can see who is calling on the hand set. The speaker phone on the hand sets are far better than my alias 2 cell phone so usually I just stand up the hand set and do not hold it to talk. You can check your messages and erase them from the hand set and if you receive a call but do not answer it, the hand set goes to speaker phone and you hear the message regardless of what room you are in. This helps with unknown numbers. If you get annoying calls (apparently half the county had this number before me) and want to block them, you have the ability to do so. I only wished that the phone had more options on ring tones, but that can be dealt with. It comes with two charging stations for the hand sets so that you can keep the hand sets good to go at all times.

This phone system has really impressed me and I compare to my T1 phones from Deltacom that I have at my company. It did not require that much setup either.

Nikon Coolpix S8100 Black Leather Case
Nikon Coolpix S8100 Black Leather Case
Price: $16.78
15 used & new from $1.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Case gets better with use, January 15, 2011
The case fits snug to the camera which would have been better if the sides were taller to keep out dust or dirt. However, it has a slot that allows the camera to fit only one way. The case looks good and appears to be durable. The belt loop was made to secure the case and camera from accidentally dropping it. Unfortunately, you have to undo your belt to use it. I do not wear a belt myself and really only got the case to protect the screen on the camera. I bought my 8100 a few weeks before deciding to get a case and found that it needed protection. I would recommend this case. If you are wanting to carry an extra battery or extra memory card, I would suggest putting the battery to the front right side of the camera lens (the shutter protects the lens and there is just enough room there). There is a leather sleeve sewn into the rear of the case for an extra memory card and it does appear to protect the screen from damage. If you are not away from power to recharge the battery at night, then you will not need an extra battery anyway. The case works excellent for what it was designed for with only a couple of nuisances to deal with.

Embroidered American Flag - 5' X 8'
Embroidered American Flag - 5' X 8'
Offered by the flag center
Price: $33.49
7 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality flag, January 10, 2011
To start with, I have a 25 foot flag pole at my company and we have the crazy East Tennessee weather to deal with. Before, I always bought my flags from Congressman Duncan's office and proudly flew the flags flown over Congress. I decided a couple of years ago to try a commercially bought flag. I found that the flag has kept its color after six months and even though we have had a lot of high wind storms during the period, the flag has stood up to it. I have flood lights on it at night and do not take it down. I have commanded Color Guards and Rifle salutes and know a lot about our National Flag. These flags are closer to being regular than other commercially bought flags. When I do decide to fold it and bring it in, the edges match up better than most. If you have ever done a flag folding ceremony, then you know what it means to cheat up on the edges because they are not even. I can always get this flag to come out to the 1,3,5 star pattern when I fold it and never have to refold. I liked it so well that I bought two the last time. The 4' x 6' version last one year before replacing it.

Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Chair
Boss Black LeatherPlus Executive Chair
Price: $154.99
32 used & new from $107.85

5.0 out of 5 stars best chair that I have, January 8, 2011
I bought this chair for my office at my company once I took over. Before that, I either had an older hand-me-down or a cheap chair that would not stay raised up. I bought my Service Manager a $300 dollar chair for his long service and loyalty to my company. He was a field service technician and now has acute arthritis. I sat in that chair a few times and decided to get my own. I actually like this chair better than the $300 chair and they look very similar. The leather cushions are very comfortable and it helps with my neck and spinal trauma suffered in the service. I decided to buy another one for my office at home. Everone that sits in my chair thinks that I paid over $400 for it and I let them think what they want to.

The only drawback to the chair is that if you do weigh more than 250 lbs (conservative figure), then you will overload the air cylinder and the chair will not stay raised up. If you exceed the weight capacity (250lbs), then you should consider another chair. I have had to put hose clamps (worm gear) on the cylinder of one of my chairs to hold it up so that it does not wear on my knees. It is the older one and I sit in it at my company office almost every day. The only other problem that I have found is that the needle (roller) bearing is a little flimsy for the chair swivel. I work in dirt and gravel a lot and when you track it into your office floor and then try to roll from one deck to another (facing opposite five feet in between) and swivel the chair at the same time, then you will bust the bearing. It has a plastic case holding the rollers in place and stretches before it breaks. I also figure that this was the cause for the failure of the cylinder also.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2013 6:41 PM PDT

Swingline Optima Grip Black Stapler (S7087810B)
Swingline Optima Grip Black Stapler (S7087810B)
Price: $17.47
33 used & new from $8.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Best staplers I have, January 8, 2011
I purchased my first one at Office Depot before I started shopping at Amazon. I work every day that I do not have a Guard mission or Christmas. I use a stapler every day that I work. The ones that I use is this model and I have bought three at Amazon over the last four years. I have one at each of my four desks and have found it to not jam. I own a multi state company and do a ton of paperwork. I go through a box of 5000 SF4 staples in less than a month. It will not jam as long as you do not try to staple over 20 sheets. Above 25 sheets, you should go to a 3/8" stapler instead. I use mine in the stand-up position and hold it in my hand instead of beating it like some others may do. The first one that I bought back in 05 is still in use and has not faltered. The rubber grips allow you to grab it on the go and not worry about dropping it. It looks good and it looks like you spent more for it than you will. It is made with quality and it weighs very little.

If you do not staple multiple sheets at a time or less than a dozen, you should purchase SF3 staples instead as the extra capacity staples will wear on the hammer.

BT Paintball Tactical Multi Pouch Woodland Digi Camo
BT Paintball Tactical Multi Pouch Woodland Digi Camo
Offered by TRADEMYGUN
Price: $15.29
4 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Many options for use, January 7, 2011
I purchased this pouch because I have to furnish my own equipment and my Guard unit is still uilizing the woodland camo. In addition, I wear a Blackhawk LBE vest and need the extra space it provides. Also, it has two button straps that allow you to attach it through the molle technique or on a belt. It has multiple pockets with zippers that allow you to compartmentalize. I did not try to purchase it at first because it appeared to be for paintball use, but I have seen the same design advertized by others. I would recommend this pouch or the larger one that usually comes in the amazon multi-group options.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2011 4:45 AM PDT

Maxpedition 1809G Volta Battery Pouch, OD Green
Maxpedition 1809G Volta Battery Pouch, OD Green
Offered by Sword Demon
Price: $16.32

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent space saver, January 7, 2011
I purchased this battery pouch to free up some space in my LBE vest while I was on duty. My main duty is NCOIC (senior NCO) for multiple security missions and our unit still utilizes the woodland camo. Our two meter radios require six AA batteries and since I pull multiple shifts, I have to have fresh batteries with me at all times. This pouch holds eight batteries. There is a hard plactic inner pouch that has a seperate slot for each battery. I place this case high on my back and out of the way. In addition, I purchased other pouches that go along great with this one and freed up the pouches on the front. If you want to take out the inner case, you can use the pouch for additional uses.

Magnum Men's Response II 8'' SZ Boot
Magnum Men's Response II 8'' SZ Boot
Price: $75.05 - $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good boots, January 7, 2011
These boots are very good boots and I would recommend them to anyone who has to wear boots for more than eight hours a day. I wear them for ten to fourteen hours a day - everyday. I do not particulary care for the side zip, but they were the best of the ones that I was comparing. I have two pair and I am going to buy a third. One is for everyday at my heavy equipment repair company and the other is for Guard missions. My unit still utilizes the woodland camo and blacken shine (see yourself in your toes) black boots. They do shine up very good. They are lighter than the Danners that I used to wear and the Magnums that I wore before were discontinued.

The older pair that I wear everyday has developed a leak at the bottom of the side zip, but it is manageable. If your work requires steel toe boots, you need to go to another boot. These are not insulated for the cold weather, but it is better than sweating during the summer. If you do choose to shine these boots, remember to not use that instant wax shine as it will cook your feet during the heat.

Epson LQ-2090 24PIN 529CPS-DOTPR WCAR ( C11C559001 )
Epson LQ-2090 24PIN 529CPS-DOTPR WCAR ( C11C559001 )
Offered by AZDeals
Price: $463.33
43 used & new from $406.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stop-gap printer, January 3, 2011
I bought this printer for my company to replace a $3500 Epson DFX8000 which is now obsolete and repairing again and again was not a viable option. With that said, I searched for a more economical impact printer to do four-part invoices on continuous sheets. Later, I will go to laser style invoices. For this printer, it does exactly like it advertises and the actual appearance of my invoices has greatly improved with the 24 pin printer head instead of 9 pin. The ribbon has lasted for almost two months on a printer that does 65% of the work for a multi-state company. Once you figure out which font to use, it will double strike for better quality (slower print) or single strike for a faster print job. You have to remember to let the machine park the paper so that the paper thickness sensor resets the printer head and your paper does not jam.

The really bad thing is the fact that it comes with only one tractor assembly. That means that you have to switch the tractor assembly from either the front or the rear for optimum performance. If it came with two, then I could switch paper more conveniently. However, it was well worth the money I spent until I revamp the system and get a good laser printer when business picks up. Since it is a very good printer, I will be able to postpone investing more money.

Page: 1 | 2