Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Jadecat > Reviews

Browse

Jadecat's Profile

Customer Reviews: 462

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jadecat RSS Feed (Lake Orion, MI United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Youthful Glow 30% Glycolic Acid Skin Peel with Free Fan Brush for Sun Damage, Freckles, More Even Skin Tone - Free Shipping and Free Fan Brush
Offered by Planet Eden
Price: $13.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on my milia, pores, uneven skin. I needed this stuff years ago!, June 23, 2016
My dermatologist used to tell me I should come in for glycolic acid peels every few weeks. I figured it would be cheaper to do it at home so I gave this a try. I have problems with milia (white bumps on forehead), pores on nose, and uneven skin tone. A triple delight! I used this 30% peel the first few times and it felt good, but didn't notice a whole lot of change, but continuing on to about the 6th or 7th peel, I can definitely see the milia numbers reduced, the pores tightened, and my skin looking overall smoother and brighter. Wish I hadn't waited so long to try this stuff. I seem to be using it at least once a week, maybe twice, but it rarely stays on for longer than a minute. Seems to be doing the trick for me. What a great value too. I don't see any need to go up in acid strength at this point.

Mine did come with directions, and it did sting quite a bit the first few times I used it. I know I wasn't able to keep it on longer than a minute, and I just rinsed off with water. No burn spots afterward fortunately. Best to use at night so you don't go out in the sun during the day with fresh peeled skin. Moisturize afterwards also.

Nutrition Now PB 8 Probiotic Immune Support Supplement, 60 Count
Nutrition Now PB 8 Probiotic Immune Support Supplement, 60 Count
Offered by Move By Nature
Price: $20.00
19 used & new from $17.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Another tool in your arsenal of maintaining good health., June 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very hard to review this product as it is supposed to make your digestive system feel good/normal and unless you felt awful before, you might not notice subtle changes. It also depends on how much you believe probiotics are good for you and how healthy your gut/digestive system is to start with. I take these with no side effects and feel that my internal system is doing pretty darn good. I believe the probiotics are definitely needed if you take antibiotics. Admittedly I don't remember to take these every day, but don't feel I need to. I would highly recommend probiotics for anyone with digestive issues, such as my daughter. Now to get her to actually take them. On a side note, I give my dogs probiotics as I work at pet food store, and have heard many customers say that probiotics have helped their dogs when they have had tummy issues. We are not dogs obviously, but maintaining a healthy gut flora can do great things and with some of the junk out there that we eat, we need the help. Give a try if nothing else.

Kirkland Signature Aller-Tec Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, 10 mg, 365 Count
Kirkland Signature Aller-Tec Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, 10 mg, 365 Count
44 used & new from $14.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad side effects for me. Can't prove, but believe it greatly affected blood pressure., June 20, 2016
I took one of these in the morning because my eyes were so itchy. And yes indeed, it stop the itchiness, but it made me extremely drowsy. I could barely function at work and went to bed at 7 pm that same day. I know it is only anecdotal evidence, and I do have slightly elevated blood pressure to begin with, but I believe this medicine really elevated my BP. It hovered around 150/100 for 4 days after taking this medicine. I felt like a zombie for those days. I then read about cetirizine (Zyrtec) and did see that it could cause high BP, and somewhere I even saw cardiac failure. Yikes, I will never take one of these again. If you do have high BP to begin with, this is supposed to be one of the safer meds to take, you just never want to take one that has a decongestant in it. On the other hand, my daughter takes this with no issue at all. You just never know.

UE ROLL 2 Volcano Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof)
UE ROLL 2 Volcano Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof)
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sporty, great sounding, easy to use speaker. The app for it works just fine. Love the charging cord! Durable too., June 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow, this little speaker is awesome. I was very pleasantly surprised with the ease of setup, the sound, the appearance and the apparent durability of this little gem of a speaker. You find the app for it on your phone, install it and from there you can turn the speaker on/off, change the volume and tinker some with the choice of sound, more/less bass and such. It does say to look for the UE ROLL 2 app, but I could only find a single UE ROLL, but it works for this speaker. It charges from a USB port with an included cord, and one of my favorite things is that the included cord is long enough and a bright yellow color. I love that, I have a million small black charging cords and it gets hard to remember what goes with what, but this cord is unique and won't get lost.

The speaker feels very sturdy and tough, the bungee type bands on the back of it are a great addition. It is just very nice looking and functional. I did not test the waterproofness of it, and don't expect that I will have much use for that part of it, but hey, you never know, it could come in handy one day.

There are a ton of these bluetooth speakers coming out, but I think this one is the one to have if you plan on taking yours mobile. If it is going to sit on a desk, then you have plenty to choose from. But if you are going on a bike ride or hiking, this one would slip over your belt and could probably take a little abuse. Great job Logitech, just have to hope it holds up.

Pique Tea Crystals Organic Sencha Green Tea, Crystallized Loose Leaf Tea
Pique Tea Crystals Organic Sencha Green Tea, Crystallized Loose Leaf Tea
Price: $9.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystallized tea! What a great idea. No messy bag and clean, crisp taste. I am a fan!, June 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I would have never thought that tea could be crystallized, but someone did it, and they did a great job of it. I truly love the convenience of it, and I thought the taste was much cleaner and crisper than tea bags that I have used before. It seems the cost is a bit higher than a big ole box of semi-premium tea bags, but the cost is under a dollar a cup, so still affordable. The Pique website shows 4 flavors available, and it is tempting to sign up for their tea a month deal.

I make mine with sugar and cream, and generally use more than 8 ounces of water, but it tastes delightful to me. My daughter loves them as coffee is too harsh for her and the lack of a messy tea bag is such a big plus. Great job Pique!

Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Market Grain-Free Freeze Dried Chicken Recipe Nuggets for Dogs, 15 oz. Bag
Price: $28.74
6 used & new from $28.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great product to add variety and quality to your dogs meals. Dry food alone is boooring, June 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is truly excellent food for your dog. In reality raw food is best, but reality is that most folks aren't going to go through all that expense, mess and calculating to figure out how to feed raw. There is also homecooking for your pet, as well as feeding quality canned food or dehydrated raw. This raw food recipe has a great ingredient list. Chicken, including the bone, liver and heart as the first three ingredients is great. There are only a few synthesized vitamins and minerals included, which are necessary to make the food AAFCO legal I presume.

Then there is the price of the food, it is not a cost effective food for any dog over 10 lbs, at least not to feed as their sole food. I would guess there are 30-40 nuggets in the bag, and a 10 lb dog would eat 6 a day, a 20 lb dog eats 12, a 40 lb dog eats 20. Wow, my two 60 lb dogs would finish this bag in one meal. I can't afford that, but I still realize that a little freeze dried raw food is better for my dogs than none. I split 3 nuggets between my dogs food to up the quality of their dry food meals. (BTW, Acana and Natures Logic are some of the better dog foods out there in my humble opinion). I think that anyone that just feeds their dogs a bowl of dry food for every meal is borderline lazy. You try eating dry cereal for every meal, every day.

Back to this product, it easily deserves 5 stars, and I would be shocked if any dog didn't like it, but I am sure there are some out there. You don't have to feed it exclusively, but make it last longer by crumbling it over their food and adding some water or broth to it. Use variety, by this one time, then mix in some canned food, some frozen raw, so many things you can do for your dogs meals.

Simply Straight Ceramic Brush Hair Straightener, Black/Pink
Simply Straight Ceramic Brush Hair Straightener, Black/Pink
Price: $35.79
18 used & new from $32.97

3.0 out of 5 stars For our hair types, this doesn't replace the flat iron, but we could see how others could benefit from it., May 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The quest for perfect hair styling tools is never ending. To me, this one is "okay". Other reviewers say it does a great job, while others say it is no good. I suppose I am in the middle. There are 3 types of hair in my family, fine wavy shoulder length hair, long tight curls hair and pretty much African American, chemically straightened hair. The brush was tried on all three, and then put away and the flat irons came out again. On my fine, wavy (white) hair, it was hard to get a good pull through to straighten out the waves, whereas a quick run through of the flat iron, and the hair is straight. My daughter who has her dads hair (black), she tried it and was not overly impressed, she felt she still had to go over her hair with a flat iron. She did tell me though that she only had the temp in the upper 300's, I believe 375, but I told her other reviewers said it needed to be over 400. Maybe that would have made a difference, but I don't think she is going to try again. My oldest daughter has mixed hair, I guess you would call it white hair with tight curls. She long ago gave up straightening, but I tried to run the brush through her hair to see how it worked. First problem was trying to brush very curly hair, the brush just kept getting stuck in it. Of course you could brush the hair out first, but then it would be a huge puff size and not necessarily much easier to flatten with the brush. The few segments of hair I was able to brush out with this ceramic brush did not by any means look very straight, and I had it up to the 400 temperature. My daughter quickly became annoyed at the pulling on her hair and I no longer continued.

So, in the end, we have all decided that we will stick with flat irons. With time and experience, this brush may have proven its worth, but when you have the flat iron down and it does the job already, it is hard to switch over. Still, this could be the perfect tool for some folks as evidenced by other reviewers. I would suppose those with long, thicker, wavy hair would fare best with this product.

New Balance Men's Trinamic NB Flex Boxer Brief, Black Heather, Large
New Balance Men's Trinamic NB Flex Boxer Brief, Black Heather, Large
Price: $30.00
2 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hubby ready to trade the rough jock straps in for these!, May 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Got these for my husband who is a work out freak. He finally wore them to his CrossFit class, came home and said they were so much more comfortable than his jock straps (imagine that!), and that I should get him more of them. They are a very smooth fabric, breathable and lightweight. He said they weren't as binding as the jocks and were just overall a lot more comfortable, but yet still did their job of holding everything together during his workout. The little things make him happy and these make him happy.

PL360 Stain & Odor Remover, 32oz
PL360 Stain & Odor Remover, 32oz
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.63

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't know if I would consider this heavy duty, but it seems to have removed stains. Dog knows something happened there tho, May 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A household with 3 dogs and 3 cats requires one to have pet accident cleaners on hand. Preferring more natural products, this one sounded very good. The time came to test it when my old dog left a trail of soft poopies on a hallway rug. The directions say to saturate the area, let it sit 5 minutes, then wipe up with wet cloths. I did all that and the brownish stains pretty much went away. But I have noticed my other dog sniffing the carpet there and going out of her way to avoid stepping on the areas that he went to the bathroom on. So, even though I really can't see anything, the dog obviously knows something abhorrent happened there.

I have also used Natures Miracle, Fizzion and OxiClean, and those seem to work also. Upon reading information, some folks swear by enzymes, or vinegar, or baking soda, while others say don't use those. The best thing though, is buying a real carpet cleaner. When your dog throws up on a shag cream carpet, you really need to get it cleaned fast and by something that is powerful. This one worked great for us [[ASIN:B00450U6CS Bissell 86T3/86T3Q
Big Green Deep Cleaning Professional Grade Carpet Cleaner Machine]]. You will not believe the stuff it gets out of your carpet. Borderline appalling actually, but your carpet will thank you.

But for quick, small spot clean ups, I really can't swear that one cleaner works better than the other. You might not see it or smell it yourself, but I think your pets still will.

Sunlite PAR20/LED/7.5W/FL40/DIM/ES/30K LED 3000K PAR20 7.5W 50W Replacement 120V Medium Base PAR20 HE Series Reflector with Dimmable Energy Star Light Bulb, Warm White
Price: $15.29
4 used & new from $11.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Crisp light, no warm up time needed, no Mercury in it, just be aware this is a smaller sized bulb than the usual recessed ones, May 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For some reason, I enjoy finding good light bulbs. They seem to keep making them better and better. I wanted a new bulb above my kitchen sink, for a recessed ceiling light fixture. Unfortunately I didn't realize this was the smaller version of what I currently use, the PAR30's. This is the PAR20 size, so the diameter of the bulb is about the same as a standard light bulb. I clearly need to learn the proper size labeling of light bulbs. Still, I put this above my sink and think I will keep it there even though it is technically too small. I love how it turns on immediately, the light prior to it took a few minutes to warm up and shine its fullest. Plus, it had mercury in it. I now prefer to only buy the bulbs with no mercury in them, which are the LED type. The beam from this light is pretty much a straight down variety. I first tried it in my pendant light above my kitchen table, but it acts more like a spotlight, rather than an all around dispersing light.

It says it is a warm white color, which sometimes makes me think it will make things look yellow, but it does not do that at all. It should last 25,000 hrs, which means I could leave it non-stop for 34 months! Amazing. I am pretty sure that since I have replaced all my old bulbs with either halogen or LED, my electric bill has gone down.

I put in a picture, the Sunlite bulb is top light, a wee bit small for the fixture, but it will stay. Behind it is the regular PAR30 size.
Comment Comment | Permalink