Profile for Jadecat > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 382

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jadecat RSS Feed (Lake Orion, MI United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Shark Rotator NV752 Powered Lift-Away TruePet Vacuum, Bordeaux
Shark Rotator NV752 Powered Lift-Away TruePet Vacuum, Bordeaux
Price: $349.99
6 used & new from $334.99

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this vacuum., I am constantly appalled and fascinated at how much it removes from my carpet., June 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I would not believe I could be so happy about a cleaning item, but this vacuum is the bomb!! Everyone in my family loves it, and thus, floors get cleaned a bit more. I have been the happy owner of a SEBU upright vacuum for 12 years and had no complaints about it, but then I got this Shark Rotator NV752, and wow, vacuuming is fun again. Plus, having 3 dogs and 3 cats, I have pet fur...everywhere. I have never owned a vacuum that was bagless and I love it! It is truly amazing the stuff that is in your carpet and then gets suck up. My goodness, you would think we went around sprinkling dirt in our carpets every day. I prefer this one over my Sebu as it transitions to hardwood floors so much better. And a really neat thing is that there is a light that shines right at floor level, and OMG, you can see all the debris that is on your hardwoods. If you just look down with regular light, your floors look clean, but when that Shark light shines, you can see all the fur, the dust, it isn't pretty. My husband went on a vacuuming frenzy last night, and even made that comment to me about the hardwood floors.

The only thing that I don't like about this vacuum is there is a learning curve about all the ways to use it. Hubby had to call me over to figure out how to get the wand out and an attachment on it. There are lots of little levers to remove the canister, to remove the top part of the wand, to remove the entire wand, to remove the roller head. This is by no means a deal breaker, and it truly shows how versatile the vacuum is. I just hope it lasts as long as my SEBU. This vacuum is a winner, you will be shocked at the dirt, hair, dust is sucks up and the canister is easy to empty out and start filling up again. Very glad to have it.

Fauna
Fauna
Price: $29.09
18 used & new from $21.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A game that deserves a spot in many a household, a perfect way to spend time with your kids., June 11, 2015
This review is from: Fauna (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We love to play games in my family, and we do love animals, so this is a very good match. Many have compared it to Wits & Wagers, and that is a valid comparison. We owned W&W's first, and played it numerous times, always getting a good laugh and learning obscure new facts. Fauna obviously deals with animals and the object of the game is to get enough points by betting on what you know about various animals. On the surface the game seems a bit simplistic and perhaps a bit dry. The company that you play it with can have an impact on how fun the game is. My 2 kids, both between 15-20, and my husband found the game entertaining and our short term memory will hold some random facts for awhile. You will most likely not get the same answers when betting on the weight of a gibbon, or the length of a raccoons tail. Everyone's perception is different and that makes the game fun and creates a few laughs. With 4 players the game ran about 45 minutes, maybe a little longer going through it the first time. There are 360 animals (180 cards x 2), and you usually only go through 8-12 a game, so it will take a long time for us to repeat any cards. The rules are simple to follow and this is a great game to introduce people into games beyond some of those silly ones they sell in the big box stores.
The creator of the game , Friedemann Friese has made quite a few top of the line games, Power Grid is a very popular with serious gamers, but not my familys type of game, but a good game for kids is Fearsome Floors, kind of a pseudo creepy game that is easy to learn and play. But I digress, Fauna is a nice game to have in your collection and I would definitely recommend it for playing. I suppose I don't give it 5 stars because out of all my games (100 or so), it would not be in my top 10 as I tend to prefer slightly meatier, strategy games....like Stone Age, Castle Panic, Lord of the Rings...and so on. Go get your game on.

Case-Mate iPhone 6 Karat - Gold/Clear w/ Clear Bumper
Case-Mate iPhone 6 Karat - Gold/Clear w/ Clear Bumper
Price: $40.81
8 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This shiny cover snaps on to the iPhone 6 like a dream, June 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This shiny cover snaps on to the iPhone 6 like a dream. Very nice fitting and nice looking. Seems to provide some protection for the phone, better than no cover, but nothing like an Otterbox. I thought it would have much more of a rubbery, grippy feel to it, but it feels more plasticky than rubbery. Not like a cheap, crack easy type of plastic, but it doesn't have as much of a grip to it as I would like. I would definitely not call it slick feeling though. There, that should be confusing enough to try to figure out. I am one of those folks that have a hard time opening those cheap plastic grocery bags because my fingers don't grip the material well, so maybe sweaty hand people don't have problems with things slipping out of their hands like I do. It definitely blings out your phone and if you have a few different cases, like my kid does, this is the one you put on the phone for going out. Not the one to take to an amusement park. Pretty sure this case will last a long time, does not feel cheap (and it isn't!).

Hill's Ideal Balance Crafted Braised Salmon Medley with Quinoa Dog Food Can, 12.5-Ounce, 12-Pack
Price: $28.70
2 used & new from $28.70

5.0 out of 5 stars A step in the right direction for Hills, good quality ingredient food with no unneeded fillers, dogs eat it up, price is good, May 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I by no means am a great fan of Hills foods, specifically the Science Diet formulas. Too much wheat, corn or by products in it which can cause issues in pets that owners don't realize is coming from the food. Anyways, I got to try this canned food and was pleasantly surprised by its ingredient label and by the way it looks. I tried the Simmered Chicken Stew, Braised Salmon, and Shredded Beef Stew on my 3 dogs. It gets mixed with dry food, and as they usually do, they all ate it up with gusto and suffered no digestive issues. Instead of water being used as the first ingredient, they either use a chicken broth or beef broth. The second ingredient used is the meat (chicken,beef or salmon) and third is pork liver. The rest are vitamins and other things which seem pretty good.

These do seem to be lower protein that some other canned foods I have seen, but they are also lower fat, and from working in a dog food store, I know people are often looking for foods like these. The cans run about two dollars and forty cents a piece, depending where you shop, and that is a good price compared to other brands, i.e. Merrick, Earthborn Holistic and others.

As with all dog foods that I use for my 3 dogs, I do not stick with just one brand and feed it over and over and over. That is a good way to build up an intolerance. I would gladly purchase these cans and use them in rotation with other foods and am glad to see that Hills is producing some quality and healthy food.

Magonia
Magonia
by Maria Dahvana Headley
Price: $12.78
71 used & new from $8.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Creative, unique storyline, but didn't hook me as much as I had hoped. Loved the ending., May 26, 2015
This review is from: Magonia (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The description of this book sounded so enticing, I just had to get it and see what it was about. Aza and Jason are the main characters and Jason is basically a child prodigy, and Aza at 15 is wise beyond her years. Unfortunately Aza is chronically ill and there doesn't seem to be any way to help her. That part of the book could come across as a normal teen story, but then the ships in the sky part comes in, making it more of a fantastical story. Aza sees these floating ships in the sky and confides in Jason, who then does a ton of research and comes up with lots of scenarios. Without giving anything away, the story progresses at a slow pace in the beginning and this was not a book that I HAD to read during free moments to see what was happening. I had recently read The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, and I was reading that as often as I could, whereas this book I did not go out of my way to read it. I would say it wasn't until the last 50-75 pages that I felt it was really picking up and situations would be resolved. The ending was nice and it does leave it open for a sequel.

I liked the book in that it was a very imaginative story, I just thought at times it was a little slow. This was probably done to give more character development, but it just didn't draw me in as much as I hoped it would. I am not sure if I would pick up a sequel if it came out. This doesn't take away from the pleasure that I did get from reading the book, but with so many books out there, this one will not be one of my all time faves.

Daily Greens 4-Day Cleanse: Jump Start Your Health, Reset Your Energy, and Look and Feel Better than Ever!
by Shauna R. Martin
Price: $16.20
51 used & new from $12.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book with easy to make, delicious sounding recipes, May 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous looking book. There are tons of pictures, almost one of every recipe, although green juice drinks all seem to look alike after awhile. The beginning of the book starts with what to do for a 4 day cleanse. It explains why to juice, why to cleanse and tells you what need to do the cleanse. There isn't a ton of information here, so if you were new to this way of healthy thinking, you might not fully get why it is important. By page 23 the recipes begin for juices, smoothies and raw food recipes. Chapters 2,3,4, and 5 covers recipes and directions on what to do for a 4 day cleanse for each season. The last chapter goes over how to maintain after the cleanses.

I was very happy to see that the vast majority of the recipes include normal, simple ingredients. You do not a lot of strange or odd items that you won't need again. I currently do not have a juicer, but the Breville was mentioned quite a bit, and seeing how well it is rated, and that it isn't overly priced, I may indulge in one. I do have a Blendtec blender and was excited to try some of the smoothie recipes. There are only 7 smoothies, and I did make the spicy pineapple kale smoothie. It was easy and very good with the addition of cilantro, ginger and cayenne. Most of the other recipes are for juicing, and I toy with the idea of making them into smoothies anyway. One is the pear vanilla green juice. It requires 1 pear, 1 cucumber, spinach, cilantro, lime and vanilla. I would think that with a little water added, it would make a great smoothie.

Anyways, this is a great book to help jump start you on your path to getting healthy. There isn't a whole lot of dietary information or why juices are the way to go instead of smoothies. I have also read Kimberly Snyders three books on Detox, and she goes much deeper into why we should eat more veggies and avoid meat proteins. Her books really helped me kick start my healthy eating and this Daily Greens book is just another way to keep it going.

Nia 24 Rapid Exfoliating Serum, 1 fl. oz.
Nia 24 Rapid Exfoliating Serum, 1 fl. oz.
Offered by Beauty Collection
Price: $82.00
2 used & new from $82.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A very smooth, matte, non-heavy serum (that looks like a lotion). Is the only one that cured a dry, flaky spot., May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was able to try this product out through Amazon Vine, and I was kind of hoping I wouldn't like it as it was not an inexpensive item. Well, that didn't work out like I planned. Instead, I think this is a wonderful serum and I am hoping this bottle lasts a long time. Most serums seem to be a clear liquid, but this is creamy, almost like a melted vanilla ice cream consistency. It goes on very smoothly and does not leave a shine or heavy feeling at all. The bottle it comes in is not plastic, but feels ceramic and the pump works flawlessly every time. I love it that there doesn't get a build up of dry, crusty lotion/serum at the end of the pump.

I am delightfully 50 years old, with skin to match. Some sun damage, rosacea, oversized pores and dry patches here and there. I can't say how much it does for the sun damage spots, or rosacea, but it definitely doesn't cause my skin to get redder. I do not believe there is a product on Earth that can get rid of pores, but this one does a dang good job of minimizing them so they blend in more with my skin. But what I love the best is that I constantly have flaking skin at the bridge of my nose and although I would moisturize it with other products, it would still be flaky the next morning. This product stopped that vicious cycle. It is an amazing moisturizer that possibly is repairing the skin so it doesn't keep drying out. I don't know how it does it, but this is the only one I have found that does. I have tried Estee Lauder creams, Neutrogena, coconut oil, and a variety of other serums and oils, but this is the one that I now grab to put on every day, sometimes twice a day. I just have to decide if I will bite the bullet and pay the price for it when it is done. So far using it probably 10 times a week, for 3 weeks, I don't feel like I will be running out any time soon. So if this product lasts one month, I suppose it could be worth it, it beats buying all the other ones and not getting the same results. Others didn't like the smell, I hardly noticed it.

Remington S8700 T|Studio PROtect Flat Iron Straightener, 1-inch, Aquatic Green
Remington S8700 T|Studio PROtect Flat Iron Straightener, 1-inch, Aquatic Green
Offered by NetMart
Price: $69.99
5 used & new from $69.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad flat iron at all, but not good enough to replace the ones we currently use., May 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am another reviewer who likes and dislikes this flat iron. I have a few flat irons around the house, as I have daughters with wavy, kinky, curly hair. I have 1 inch irons, 1.5 inch irons, and I thought this one would be interesting with the space to add oil or water into it. That is a neat concept itself, but I don't think that feature will tip the scales in favor of the iron. I use flat iron oil/protector sprays on my hair before ironing it anyways. I did not particularly notice any extra shine or ease using the macadamia oil in the vapor reservoir. As someone else said, (and my daughter who tried it out said), it isn't easy to get the iron close to the root of the hair, and using it on shorter hair is awkward. My daughter has mixed hair, and it is the roots that grow out wavy, and she likes to get the iron down there to straighten those hairs. She tried this iron once or twice and went back to her 1 inch iron without hesitation. She also told me she felt like this iron pulled her hair more.

I also seemed to have trouble with the on/off button. I would expect when I push the button, it would turn on, but I have to push it two or three times to get it to light up. And turning it off, the same thing. I don't know if that is a fail safe thing, or if the wiring is wonky, but it never just goes on or off with one push like my others. Minor quibble, but still annoying. If this were the only flat iron I could have, I would survive and it would do a good job, but after getting it and using it a few times, I took out my old trusty Rusk one and still find myself using that one.

CHUCKIT CHUCKIT! ULTRA SQUEAKER BALL MEDIUM
CHUCKIT CHUCKIT! ULTRA SQUEAKER BALL MEDIUM
Price: $6.99
4 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The rubber part of the ball is strong, the squeaker part, eh, not so much, May 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Not a whole lot one can say about a rubber ball for their dog. I got the medium sized Chuckit squeaker ball as I know my dog, a 55 lb pittie, loves to squeak toys. The medium was a tad bit too small for him, it seems just the tiniest bit smaller than a tennis ball. Still, he loved putting it all in his mouth and squeaking it proudly. It has been less than a week, and the ball is still in one piece. A tennis ball would have been shredded by now. The squeaker is greatly reduced in sound. It seems to have 2 squeaky holes in the ball, and it emits a low pitched squeak now, and if you shake the ball, you can hear that something has detached and is rolling around the inside of the ball. Apparently it is very difficult to make a squeaker toy where the squeaker actually stays attached to the toy and doesn't break off. The best/strongest squeaker toy I have found is by Wag More, Bark Less, their Bon Bon Squeaky toy (in purple), but you can't hardly find those anymore.

Taste of  Thai Padthai Noodle Quick Meal, 5.7500-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Taste of Thai Padthai Noodle Quick Meal, 5.7500-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by MyQuickMart
Price: $27.75
16 used & new from $23.82

2.0 out of 5 stars Should be called, Noodles in Some Kind of Sauce, not pad thai, May 15, 2015
Love pad thai, order it all the time. This product though, if you gave it to me in a blind taste test, I would never say, "oh hey, that's pad thai!". NEVER. So save yourself some money, time and wasted calories. Eat the real thing, or eat something else. This does not pass as genuine pad thai by any stretch of the imagination. Barely any spice, or authentic pad thai seasoning. Noodles are so so. Why did I torment myself with this product, why???

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20