Profile for Jadecat > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 376

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jadecat RSS Feed (Lake Orion, MI United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nia 24 Rapid Exfoliating Serum, 1 fl. oz.
Nia 24 Rapid Exfoliating Serum, 1 fl. oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very smooth, matte, non-heavy serum (that looks like a lotion). Is the only one that cured a dry, flaky spot., May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was able to try this product out through Amazon Vine, and I was kind of hoping I wouldn't like it as it was not an inexpensive item. Well, that didn't work out like I planned. Instead, I think this is a wonderful serum and I am hoping this bottle lasts a long time. Most serums seem to be a clear liquid, but this is creamy, almost like a melted vanilla ice cream consistency. It goes on very smoothly and does not leave a shine or heavy feeling at all. The bottle it comes in is not plastic, but feels ceramic and the pump works flawlessly every time. I love it that there doesn't get a build up of dry, crusty lotion/serum at the end of the pump.

I am delightfully 50 years old, with skin to match. Some sun damage, rosacea, oversized pores and dry patches here and there. I can't say how much it does for the sun damage spots, or rosacea, but it definitely doesn't cause my skin to get redder. I do not believe there is a product on Earth that can get rid of pores, but this one does a dang good job of minimizing them so they blend in more with my skin. But what I love the best is that I constantly have flaking skin at the bridge of my nose and although I would moisturize it with other products, it would still be flaky the next morning. This product stopped that vicious cycle. It is an amazing moisturizer that possibly is repairing the skin so it doesn't keep drying out. I don't know how it does it, but this is the only one I have found that does. I have tried Estee Lauder creams, Neutrogena, coconut oil, and a variety of other serums and oils, but this is the one that I now grab to put on every day, sometimes twice a day. I just have to decide if I will bite the bullet and pay the price for it when it is done. So far using it probably 10 times a week, for 3 weeks, I don't feel like I will be running out any time soon. So if this product lasts one month, I suppose it could be worth it, it beats buying all the other ones and not getting the same results. Others didn't like the smell, I hardly noticed it.

Remington S8700 T|Studio PROtect Flat Iron, 1-inch, Aquatic Green
Remington S8700 T|Studio PROtect Flat Iron, 1-inch, Aquatic Green
Offered by Big Way Bargains
Price: $67.98
7 used & new from $67.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad flat iron at all, but not good enough to replace the ones we currently use., May 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am another reviewer who likes and dislikes this flat iron. I have a few flat irons around the house, as I have daughters with wavy, kinky, curly hair. I have 1 inch irons, 1.5 inch irons, and I thought this one would be interesting with the space to add oil or water into it. That is a neat concept itself, but I don't think that feature will tip the scales in favor of the iron. I use flat iron oil/protector sprays on my hair before ironing it anyways. I did not particularly notice any extra shine or ease using the macadamia oil in the vapor reservoir. As someone else said, (and my daughter who tried it out said), it isn't easy to get the iron close to the root of the hair, and using it on shorter hair is awkward. My daughter has mixed hair, and it is the roots that grow out wavy, and she likes to get the iron down there to straighten those hairs. She tried this iron once or twice and went back to her 1 inch iron without hesitation. She also told me she felt like this iron pulled her hair more.

I also seemed to have trouble with the on/off button. I would expect when I push the button, it would turn on, but I have to push it two or three times to get it to light up. And turning it off, the same thing. I don't know if that is a fail safe thing, or if the wiring is wonky, but it never just goes on or off with one push like my others. Minor quibble, but still annoying. If this were the only flat iron I could have, I would survive and it would do a good job, but after getting it and using it a few times, I took out my old trusty Rusk one and still find myself using that one.

CHUCKIT CHUCKIT! ULTRA SQUEAKER BALL MEDIUM
CHUCKIT CHUCKIT! ULTRA SQUEAKER BALL MEDIUM
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The rubber part of the ball is strong, the squeaker part, eh, not so much, May 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Not a whole lot one can say about a rubber ball for their dog. I got the medium sized Chuckit squeaker ball as I know my dog, a 55 lb pittie, loves to squeak toys. The medium was a tad bit too small for him, it seems just the tiniest bit smaller than a tennis ball. Still, he loved putting it all in his mouth and squeaking it proudly. It has been less than a week, and the ball is still in one piece. A tennis ball would have been shredded by now. The squeaker is greatly reduced in sound. It seems to have 2 squeaky holes in the ball, and it emits a low pitched squeak now, and if you shake the ball, you can hear that something has detached and is rolling around the inside of the ball. Apparently it is very difficult to make a squeaker toy where the squeaker actually stays attached to the toy and doesn't break off. The best/strongest squeaker toy I have found is by Wag More, Bark Less, their Bon Bon Squeaky toy (in purple), but you can't hardly find those anymore.

Taste of  Thai Padthai Noodle Quick Meal, 5.7500-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Taste of Thai Padthai Noodle Quick Meal, 5.7500-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by MyQuickMart
Price: $27.74
16 used & new from $23.82

2.0 out of 5 stars Should be called, Noodles in Some Kind of Sauce, not pad thai, May 15, 2015
Love pad thai, order it all the time. This product though, if you gave it to me in a blind taste test, I would never say, "oh hey, that's pad thai!". NEVER. So save yourself some money, time and wasted calories. Eat the real thing, or eat something else. This does not pass as genuine pad thai by any stretch of the imagination. Barely any spice, or authentic pad thai seasoning. Noodles are so so. Why did I torment myself with this product, why???

OtterBox Resurgence Power/Battery Case for Apple iPhone 6 - Retail Packaging - Glacier (White/Gunmetal Grey)
Price: $79.96
3 used & new from $61.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection, extra battery life, wonderful options if you don't mind the slight increase in size and weight of your phone., May 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been an Otterbox fan since my first iPhone 5, for that phone I used a Commuter case on it for almost 3 years, dropping the phone numerous times and the phone and the case remained unscathed. With a new iPhone 6 I had plans to do the same case, but then had the option of this one, who wouldn't want more battery power? So I have tried it and found I like it just as much as the Commuter series. Yes, this case adds a little more bulk, but less than I expected, and a little more weight. I personally don't mind the extra weight and size, as slight as it is, since I think the iPhones without cases are much too delicate and easy to slip out of your hand.

The case comes in 2 parts like their other ones, but the back part of the case has a flat black panel built into it, causing the extra heft and thickness. You slide your phone into the built in connector on the back half of the case, just like the one you use to charge it, and then snap the front cover on. Included in this package is a cable that you then use to charge the phone (a micro USB cable), it is not the same as a regular iPhone charging cord, but it still plugs into the iPhone outlet connector, or any USB port. An LED button on the back of the case has small lights around it to let you know how charged the case is. When you plug the phone in to charge, the phone charges first, and then the case. When you are out and about and your phones battery is dying, you press the status LED button on the back of the case to allow the case to charge the phone. Pushing the button again will stop the charging, and once the phone is completely charged, the case automatically stops charging. Pretty simple to use.

To be honest, the extra battery oomph is a nice feature, but not something I probably needed as I don't travel much and can charge the phone daily anyways. Still, there will be times when it will come in handy. My daughter has already "borrowed" it for a few excursions and says she likes it and it works great for her.

Protection wise, I think this one is as good as the Commuter, but not as robust as the Defender series, which I made my teenager use on her first iPhone. If you find that you regularly need extra battery life for your phone, then I could see getting this one, but if that isn't as important to you, stick with the Commuter and save some bucks. But hey, you never know when you wil want that extra battery power, so maybe better safe than sorry. Such a decision!
Comment Comment | Permalink

La Cuisine LC 3100 Cast Iron Casserole with Cream Interior, 3.75 quart, Red
La Cuisine LC 3100 Cast Iron Casserole with Cream Interior, 3.75 quart, Red
Price: $147.09
4 used & new from $143.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great feel, looks and although only one meal under its belt, I don't see how you could cook badly with this, May 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having just recently received this LC 3100 Cast Iron Casserole dish, I have only been able to use it once, but already know it will be put to good use many times over. It is a gorgeous piece of cooking equipment, the cream interior is a nice surprise, and so very smooth. The 3.75 qt measurement is a great all around size to have. I have a 5 qt Dutch oven that was purchased from Costco, and although it is nice, this one just looks and feels better (and does cost more too!). Often the 5 qt was too big to make smaller meals, and did not get used too often, whereas this size will have many more applications.

The first night I had it, we sauteed chicken breasts in it, added sauce, and then later black bean spaghetti noodles. My cooktop is electric glass top, but it says it works on all nobs, which I learned meant cooktops. Nothing fancy, but it definitely was nice to get it all in one pan. The meat did not stick to the bottom, although some oil was added. When my husband (bless his heart) was hand washing it in the sink, he commented that it cleaned up very easy. That is always a good thing, no scrubbing or food burned into the base of the pan. These pans are not recommended for the dishwasher. I even went to their website to read more about the dish. They explain the ridged lid is so that flavored droplets from internal basting will collect and drip back into the pot. Great idea! The knob on top is stainless steel and is quite sturdy. Just all around great looking pan.

You will pay a nice price for this item, but with simple care, it will last a very long time (I would imagine I won't ever need to replace it), and you get an excellent and attractive piece of cookware for your kitchen. I can see many soups, chilis and other casseroles being made in this. I kept the box it came in, I feel that is a nice safe place to store it between uses.

Wellness CORE Air Dried Natural Grain Free Dry Cat Food, Indoor Recipe, 2-Pound Bag
Price: $27.50
4 used & new from $27.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ingredient panel, air dried concept, high protein, grain free, all good things. High cost, other brands more meatier, April 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I work in an independent pet food store and love to read ingredient labels and try out the new foods on my cats and dogs. I know Wellness has a pretty good reputation for food and this food sounds great, so I had to give it a try. My 3 cats are not very picky though, and they did eat this up without leaving a kibble behind. There is even a stray cat at my work, so I put some out for her (she is spayed!), and she ate it up, but that isn't too surprising, she is no doubt hungry. They do use peas as their binder for food and I did read somewhere that peas are not very palatable to dogs and cats. Some canned foods have peas in them, and cats are notorious for leaving the peas untouched.

Normally I give my cats Orijen dry kibble and Friskies canned food (I know, that one is not the best, will be upgrading). This Wellness air dried food is almost twice the price of Orijen, and Orijen is not cheap. I have to give the ingredient panel to Orijen the winning points though. The first 16 ingredients in Orijen are meat/protein ingredients, followed by fruits/veggies, natural herbs and then more meat goodies. Their list of chemical vitamins and minerals is much shorter than the list in Wellness. I prefer that my pets get their vitamins from their food, not synthesized chemicals. Taurine is an essential amino acid for cats, and a lot of foods have to add that to their ingredient panel to get the recommended levels. Orijen doesn't need to add the supplement because all the meat they use in the food supplies the necessary taurine. Got to love that. I am not an Orijen rep by any means, I just read the labels and do my own research.

Raw food is also great for cats, so much meat and moisture in it. Remember, cats are carnivores, while dogs can deal with grains, cats struggle to digest them. Stella & Chewys sells frozen and dehydrated raw foods. Your cat needs moisture, so they should never be fed just a dry diet. I had one customer at the store I work at say that she would only feed her cat dry food so her teeth would stay good. For one thing, that doesn't prevent dental issues by any means, and secondly you can cause more damage to the cats health by being ignorant of what they should eat. Does any wild carnivore eat dry food only? Well, enough ranting I guess.

In all, this Wellness Core Air Dried food is way above so many other dry foods in quality, i.e. Science Diet, Iams, Purina, 9 lives, and so many others. I wish people would read the ingredients and realize their cats should not eat corn in their food, nor animal digest, nor artificial flavors and colors. Just because your cat likes it doesn't mean it is good for them, and the health effects don't always show up immediately. If this food were more reasonably priced, I could see it doing a lot better in the market, but it will still have its followers, or be used as an occasional rotation food. I am just happy to see more quality food come out for pets.

The 5th Wave: The First Book of the 5th Wave Series
The 5th Wave: The First Book of the 5th Wave Series
by Richard Yancey
Price: $8.79
91 used & new from $4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT, and excited to see it is going to be made into a movie!, April 28, 2015
I'm a mom with teenage daughters who also like reading. We have done the Hunger Games series, Divergent, Maze Runner, Graceling books and plenty of other YA books. I remember when this book first came out, I passed on it. While recently shopping I saw this book with a sticker on it saying it would be a major motion picture in 2016. That was enough for me, I decided it was time to read the book then, as I much prefer to read the book before seeing the movie. Needless to say this book sucked me in right away, I really liked the way the character of Cassie thought and was portrayed. She was sarcastic, saw the irony in things and certainly didn't take herself too seriously. She knew that she and her family (as well as the planet) was pretty much screwed when the mothership appeared in the sky.

This book reminded me a bit of The Host, but with much more death and invisible aliens. There are many that complain about how the aliens drag out the decimation of the earths inhabitants, when they clearly could do it quicker, but that is how the author wanted to play it out, and for me it works. The story resolves in a plausible way, but realistically in an unlikely way. Still, it made a darn good story for me. I already purchased the second book and hope it lives up to this one. I have also told my 14 yr old that this is the next book she is reading, and she will :). Then she will thank me.

Purina Pro Plan Wet Cat Food, True Nature, Grain Free Chicken & Liver Entrée, 3-Ounce Can, Pack of 24
Price: $19.30
5 used & new from $16.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Wet food should be a must for cats, and this one gets a thumbs up from my cats, a good rotation cat food, but shop around still, April 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, short and simple, my 3 cats gladly eat this food, and it does not come back up so that is a good thing. With 3 cats, they all split one can in the morning and one can at night, getting dry kibble during the day for snacks. The only thing I am not thrilled about with this product is that the third ingredient is meat by products. The type of meat is not specified, and the by products can be a range of items. So in some ways, you can't be 100% sure what your cat is really eating. But I also realize in some ways, so what, my cat will catch a mouse and eat the whole thing, so I hope Purina is actually using edible, non-diseased meat by products. This has made me think about my cat food a bit more though, I had been feeding them the Friskies cans, and lo behold, their first ingredients are water, poultry by products and then meat by products. Yech. After doing a little internet shop searching, I have been able to find cat canned food cheaper than this case and the ingredients have no by products and no grains, i.e. BFF brand and Weruva.

So while this food is quite palatable to my cats, and I did once read that ANY wet cat food is better than the best dry food (because of moisture), I will step up my game a little and try to get my cats something that is a little more purer than this, especially if the price point is the same.

Also, this food is a pretty dense pate mixture. I can spoon it out of the can and hold the spoon upside down and it sticks to it. That is neither a good or bad thing, and I suppose it beats a food being too watery, but cats are not known to be big drinkers, so moisture in food is very important to them. Their natural diet of animals would consist of 70% water, similar to moisture content in canned food, while dry food has about 12% moisture in it. I believe I also read once that if you just feed your cat dry food, it has to drink a cup of water a day to equal moisture in its natural diet. That also plays a part in why some cats get constant urinary issues, not enough water to dilute the urine.

Scott-Vincent Borba Anti-Fatigue 8 Hour SPF 29 Mineral Foundation Anti-Wrinkle Treatment and Compressed Treatment Mask, 02 Medium, 0.2 oz.
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Blends great, minimizes pores, stays matte...my go to foundation now!, April 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was pleasantly surprised to be able to give this mineral/cream foundation a try. For the last year I have been trying various powders and liquids to try and find one I really liked. At 50 years old, I have the lovely trifecta of slight rosacea, dark circles and visible pores. Not fun to try and hide. I have tried Smashbox, Estee Lauder, BareMinerals, DermaBlend, Hope in a Jar and a few others in powders and liquids. My favorite had been the Laura Geller balance and brighten face powder, but now I feel that this product with the mild moisturizing product in it, does a better job of blending onto the face. I found that liquids tended to highlight pores and get shiny after awhile.

As for this product, Borba's Anti-Fatigue 8 hour mineral foundation, it does a great job. I suppose it is that hybrid between a powder and a liquid, the mixing of the 2 elements in the case gives it an easy to apply and stay on foundation. It is by no means a heavy makeup, but does enough to give the skin a healthy look while staying matte. It does not hide pores (nothing does!), but I think I can say it minimizes them, blurring their edges, while other foundations I have tried actually made them look bigger, who wants that?! The medium color is by no means dark, and I would imagine most people would use that unless you have very pale skin. I have no noticed any shimmer in it either.

Applying with a good brush is a must, and although it is a bit costly, if it saves me experimenting with other lines, then I am happy to continue using it. I think it is also important that they DO NOT TEST ON ANIMALS. The SPF of 29 is also good to have.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20