Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Callie > Reviews

Browse

Callie's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Callie RSS Feed (Ohio, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, December 19, 2010
A close friend of mine sent me one of these medals in a care package, and I couldn't be happier. The Virgin Mary has always had a special place in my heart, and now I can keep her beside me at all times.

This medal is small (probably too small for young children) but still readable and easy to look at. It also has a little weight so you'd notice if it was no longer resting from a chain. I wear this day and night; I only take it off for showering, and I have yet to be left with any discoloration.

To those whom have an appreciation for Mary (and/or love the story of her designing this piece), this medal will be treasured. It is well made, pleasant to look at, and comforting to have with you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2013 8:52 AM PST

Pipe Dreams
Pipe Dreams
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $19.99
55 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive But Great, October 31, 2010
This review is from: Pipe Dreams (Audio CD)
Being a fan of Mark Salling's vocals on Jericho's CD, "Smoke Signals" long before I saw him on Glee, I was excited for this album. I wasn't sure what to expect for his second record, but this doesn't disappoint. Sophomore albums have a tendency to fall short of their predecessor, but not "Pipe Dreams".

Salling is sounding even lovelier than before and his lyrics are intelligent. The music is different but somehow the same...Though I can attest to the fact that genres are played around with, there also seems to be a somewhat similar base beat that links the majority of them. For a listener like me, that's not an issue, but for some it may be.

This is a CD that I desperately wanted to sing along with as I played it for the first time; it lures you in. This music is relaxing and perfect for a night at home; In fact, this has quickly become the album that I create my drawings to.

It should also be noted that this CD is family friendly; there's nothing outrageous for your children. There are some religious tones to a few of his tracks, but if you're like me and enjoy Christian music, it's a refreshing take. If you're someone that's staunchly against it, the references are not preachy and really aren't numerous, so I doubt that it would irritate you.

I'm hoping to get copies for friends for the holidays; this is a keeper! (My personal favorites are "Musical Soulmate", the catchy "Scarlet Glasses" and the beautiful album closing "Fugitive")

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to dust off my guitar and attempt to learn these chords so I can finally enjoy playing along.

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - 2011 Oversized Poster Calendar
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - 2011 Oversized Poster Calendar
Offered by S.A.B.
Price: $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, Just Like I Expected, October 24, 2010
I own and love the Twilight and New Moon poster calendars, and planned on getting the one that would be made for Eclipse. When I saw it in the store last month, I bought and opened it right away. I already love it just as much as the other too. The Format is similar, except there is a bit more room for writing on the dates, but the pictures are still big and clear! I also already have it hanging because it has a picture for the remainder of 2010 (A promo shot of Paul from the wolf pack).

The Cullens, once again, all have their own months, and some new characters do as well. In order they are: Paul (for 2010), Jacob, Jane, Sam, Bella, Victoria, Edward, Esme, Alice, Carlisle, Rosalie, Jasper, and then we close the year with Emmett.

The biggest difference with this calendar when compared to the other two is that instead of a hole for a push pin, it has a bent 'rod' at the top for you to hang it with. But if you (or the person you're buying it for) like the Twilight calendars, or are just a fan of the series looking for something to show off their love each day, this is perfect and I recommend it!

Twilight Volturi Enrapture Lip Gloss Arsenic
Twilight Volturi Enrapture Lip Gloss Arsenic

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, July 18, 2010
I received this as a birthday present the other day and was very excited to try it; I've heard a lot about these products and was rather curious. Before I even opened the box, I was surprised at how small it was; it looks so much bigger online. However, I was also suprised at how nice the color looked right away. I lifted the lid and instantly fell in love with the scent! I asked a few people what they thought and it smelled a bit different to each of them, but I think it smells like a light licorice tinged with vanilla and possibly root beer. I know that sounds odd, but the mix is quite lovely.

After I just sat there sniffing it for a few minutes, I finally decided to try some on and despite the scent, I was worried that it would go on too dark and ultimately make my lips brown or black. I was proven wrong; yes, it did darken my lips, but only slightly and I think it made them more pronounced in a good way. It also shimmered and I could still smell the gloss.

All in all, I was greatly pleased with it. My only complaint is that with the full price for this ($12), I expected that there would be a larger container. Luckily my mother bought it on clearance, and if you can find it for a few dollars off, or if you're willing to splurge a little on a treat for yourself, I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gleefully Good!, May 2, 2010
As a big fan of Fox's show, 'Glee', I've been looking for anything that has to do with it! I was excited when I found this guide, but a little skeptical about whether or not it would be worth the money. Thankfully, it was! It was put together nicely by a fellow fan of the show, and I think it's better because of that.

It has information on how the whole project started, glimpses into the new episodes, and lovely sections devoted to each cast member! (I was VERY pleased that it included the actors of lesser loved characters like Tina and Terri) Each section was filled with beautiful photos, background information, interview bits, and character quotes.

Aside from a slight name mix-up in a quote, I couldn't find any errors in this guide. It was contructed with great care and I thank Miss Kidder for that. It's wonderful to have the essential AND the fun knowledge all bundled together.

It's truly a must-have for any Gleek in your life!

Now here's hoping she does a volume two once season one ends!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2010 5:31 PM PDT

Victoria, Twilight the Movie by Tonner Dolls
Victoria, Twilight the Movie by Tonner Dolls

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Collectable, December 10, 2009
I would hardly classify this as a toy, it is a collector's item. I was fortunate enough to win this doll in a giveaway, and I love it! I've never owned a Tonner Doll and wasn't entirely sure of what to expect. The doll is much taller than I expected...I was thinking it would share the height of a barbie; it's actually around a foot and a half (if I take away height from the hair). I've kept my doll in its case to ensure its safe-keeping. However, if you're the type to display your collectables, the doll comes with a nice metal stand to place her on.

The painted face is also a much better likness of Rachelle Lefevre and her character than I was expecting! The eyes are my favorite feature because of the wonderful red color they managed. She also has ruby lips and a slight blush on her face. The hair was my second favorite attribute. It was packaged nicely to keep the hair from tangling in transit, and the curls are wild (in a good way; not messy, I assure you) with the color being an exact match. She is extremely poseable and appears to have many points of articulation for whatever you choose to use her for.

The outfit she comes with is the clothing she's seen wearing before the Nomads strike the unsuspecting Waylon Forge in the film. She's wearing a tank top with an almost exact replica of the design featured in the movie. It even has the sparkly fringe on the straps and neck line. The pants are basic black, like in the movie. She also comes with Victoria's signature faux fur coat/cape.

Onto the accessories and such. She has two pairs of feet. She comes wearing her flat bare pair, but she also has a pair of high heeled feet (the angle that Barbie usually has). Glamming her up a bit more comes in the form of a golden chain necklace (pretty good, though I'm nervous about if the paint on the black links will come off or not), a faux leather bracer that comes under a knit armband (from the movie again), two studded black bracelets, a peacock feather charm for her belt loops (movie) and a bracelet with beads.

It seems to be quite an amazing doll. It's made well and the artists have paid great attention to the details. A bit pricey, but keep in mind that only 1,000 of these have been produced and they are sure to sell out quickly in the HUGE Twilight fan population. Perhaps the Twihard in your life has a soft spot for the "baddies" or just has the other Tonner dolls? If so, I think that this would make an amazing holiday gift.

EDIT: I have decided that I should display the doll, as it is quite nice. I was able to put almost everything on her with ease. I opted to only use one of the bracelets with studs, and I put it over the armband. I am not using the bracer, as it seemed to have problems fitting and I couldn't clasp it. However, I actually think that it looks better without it.

So all in all, it's still very nice and I'm quite proud to have it displayed. (I kept her in her flat feet and didn't even need the doll stand!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lenses, December 5, 2009
I would like to start my review by saying that I am fifteen years old and have never worn contacts before in my entire life. I bought these for a costume and I have naturally dark brown eyes. The lenses were a bit aggravating to put in, and took a while, but that happens for most first timers with any brand. The lenses are soft, but I had no problems with rips or tears while taking them out of the case, putting them in my eyes, or taking them out of my eyes.

They completely covered the dark brown that I have and turned them into a lovely honey/golden brown! The color wasn't too unnatural, but it's definitely a shade that has people doing double takes and thinking about what secrets you could be hiding...

The lenses didn't shift around much at all, except slightly when I cried while wearing them, but I just held my eyes closed and moved my eyeball around, and it shifted them back into place.

Once you get over the initial watering and small discomfort of your eyes adjusting, they are actually quite comfortable and I'd forgotten that I was wearing them at all.

My only complaint would be that the lense is a bit sticky, so it can be a little annoying at first when figuring out the proper method for you to use when putting them in. However, being as this is my first pair of lenses, I can't say whether or not that is the norm.

So for under $20, you get a nonprescription pair of lenses that look and feel great. How could it be any better?
Comment Comment | Permalink

Twilight "Esme's Bracelet" Replica Jewelry
Twilight "Esme's Bracelet" Replica Jewelry
Offered by Alaska Books and Toys
Price: $34.99
6 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful And Never Leaves My Wrist!, October 20, 2009
I bought Esme's Bracelet online a bit ago (Not from Amazon, because the price for the bracelet is atrocious here) and I absolutely adore it! The bracelet is beautiful and the metal has a nice antique look to it. Like the other replicas in the line, the crest is made well and is very detailed.

The bracelet slides onto my wrist without too much strain; it does scrape me lightly, but all that that leads to is a little red line that disappears in 20 seconds. Once on, the bracelet fits very nicely and doesn't slide all over my arm.

Some sellers are complaining about the piece being fragile, but I haven't had any problems with fragility. The Cullen crest seems to be welded onto mine greatly. I will agree that the bracelet is a tiny bit lopsided. Don't get me wrong, the side of your wrist that you see the crest on looks straight, it's just that on the other side, one end of the bracelet looks about 1/4 of an inch higher than the other, but it's not very noticeable and doesn't bother me.

All in all, this a very nice replica and is one of my favorites in the set. I don't know why this is listed as a toy though...I wouldn't say that this is something to "play" with.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2011 2:28 AM PST

The Twilight Saga: New Moon Soundtrack
The Twilight Saga: New Moon Soundtrack
Offered by megahitrecords
Price: $13.87
238 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack, October 16, 2009
As a fan, I've been eagerly waiting for the soundtrack and finally got my copy today. I am very pleased with this CD. I was a big fan of the Twilight soundtrack, but I can honestly say that I love this as well (maybe more).

Compared to the Twilight soundtrack, this is much quieter. With Twilight, it was a bit harder in sound and more fast paced. It fit with the hectic situations of the first novel. This New Moon soundtrack feels more somber and truly embodies the emotions at the center of the story.

This is definitely a must-have for fans of the series, or just fans of good music. But be warned, if you're not into more indie music, chances are that you won't care for this CD. But the indie feel is another part of why I really like this. Plus, I now have quite a few new favorite bands that I wouldn't typically hear on the radio. My personal favorites would be "Meet Me On The Equinox" "Friends" "Satellite Heart" and "Shooting The Moon".

I highly recommend playing this in your car on your way to see the movie in November; it gets you in the mood for the adaptation. But it's also wonderful to listen to while reading the book. Honestly, it doesn't matter what song you land on while reading, because each one is made amazingly well for the subject matter.

Oh, and you definitely get your money's worth with this. There are 15 songs and they're all of decent length, so for the $9.99 that you can buy the CD for right now, it's a steal that's sure to please.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2009 6:51 PM PDT

The Twilight Saga: New Moon--The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
The Twilight Saga: New Moon--The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
by Mark Cotta Vaz
358 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, October 10, 2009
Upon seeing this at a local store the other day, I quickly picked it up and bought it. I had the Twilight Movie Companion and hoped that this would be as good; I think it's even better! This is full of large and beautiful pictures of the cast (ALL of the cast...Cullens, Humans, Volturi, etc). I also loved being able to read about some of the more technical things that went into making the film (color, location, editing, etc).

Throughout, there are even bits from the actors about filming, on set quirks, and relationships. It's great! But what I love most about these companions is how many scenes we get to have teasers of. It's more than just a rehash of the previously released stills; it's packed full of new photos and stories.

Here are chapter breakdowns;

In Twilight Time; Just a couple of pages. It talks a bit about how the Twilight phenom started, and reminds us a little of the filming on the first film and the uncertainty of whether or not "New Moon" would surface.

A New Moon Rises; Some background on New Moon and the early process of drafts, locations, and why they tweaked a few things (namely why they chose to have Edward appear as an illusion instead of just a voice) etc.

Lost Moon; Things like color, camera angles, principal photography, more locations, editing, etc.

Earthbound Sun; A mainly Jacob chapter, with info on stunts, and a bit about the other Native Americans.

Something In The Woods; More about the rest of the pack, also discusses things like their tribal tattoo and creating the wolves in CGI

A Moonless Night; A bit about the Nomads (Laurent and Victoria), the changing of the Cullens looks, some apparition-Edward tied stunts, and creating the sparkles in CGI

The Coldest Ones; Ah, yes, this chapter focuses on the Volturi. Also talks about the filming in Montepulciano, Italy, the fans, sets, etc.

Destiny; More about the process towards the completion of the project. Talks about the final editing and cutting, and feelings they hope to create with the final cut.

Please let me say that there is so much inside each of these chapters and that I just had to condense it greatly to keep each description from running too long! (This book is 141 pages of New Moon goodness)

The entire book is very informative and worth the price. As a fan, it's nice to have these sneak peeks before we get to see the movie. The pictures and information in this book is just enough to quench my thirst (pun intended) and hold me over until November when I finally get to sit in the theater and see the film. Very highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3