Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for J. L. Wedge > Reviews

Browse

J. L. Wedge's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. L. Wedge RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Philips Norelco 1250X/42 SensoTouch 3D Electric Razor with Jet Clean System (Series 8000) (packaging may vary)
Offered by DontPayRetailEver
Price: $285.93
4 used & new from $285.93

3.0 out of 5 stars It's does the job okay but... allows ..., March 8, 2015
It's does the job okay but...allows more whiskers to fall on clothes or counter than previous electric shavers I've used. Secondly, after one year, the shaver just stopped working. No lights, no charge, no operation. Philips warranty service is sending me a new one with no questions asked--so that's nice--but expected more from a $200 electric shaver.

Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker
Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Stainless Espresso Maker
Offered by Dream Kitty
Price: $185.18
16 used & new from $94.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Wanted for a Good Quality Machine, February 9, 2014
This unit ended a long search and trial of two other machines before finding this one and liking it. It's not great--but it's good, and for the price I'm happy with it.

What I Like:

It comes with two cups and saucers plus a milk pitcher.
It's quiet (much quieter than a Nespresso).
It has an easy to remove and install water container.
It's attractive.
And best of all, it makes good espresso and lattes.

Disappointments:

The steamer "spits" a stream of water at first until working up to steam. I've solved that by placing a folded paper towel on the counter to "catch" the water--and that wet towel becomes my cleaning towel.

The shroud around the steam wand has no purpose that I can see and makes cleaning much more difficult. So I've removed it and have shaved minutes off my clean-up time with no difference in performance that I can see.

And lastly, the unit arrived in used condition which was unexpected and unadvertised. It was clean, except for water spots on one area and the manual had been wet and had coffee stains on it. I thoroughly washed and cleaned the entire unit and ran it several times to test it--finding that it worked okay. I paid for new and wanted new. But as someone who has returned units after trying them, I figured I'd bite the bullet and keep this one. But I would have expected that Amazon or the seller would have put this unit out as a "trial" or "used" unit rather than selling as new.

At the end of the day, life's too short to mess with it and it's working fine.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2014 8:27 AM PST

Kensington Wireless Presenter with Red Laser Pointer (K33374USA)
Kensington Wireless Presenter with Red Laser Pointer (K33374USA)
Price: $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Comes in Handy Time After Time, January 12, 2014
This unit takes just seconds to plug in and begin working in any laptop. I am always prepared with this when I do my own presentations, but often I attend a presentation when someone doesn't have one, and I offer them mine after plugging it in and it always is well-received.

KEEN Women's Howser Slipper,Rust,8.5 M US
KEEN Women's Howser Slipper,Rust,8.5 M US

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking, Versatile, but not as Warm as Others, January 12, 2014
If you want a good looking, trendy and contemporary woman's slipper--and don't prefer a overly warm slipper--this might be for you. My wife, who is very sensitive to cold, didn't like them. Thought they were "cute," but wanted a warmer slipper.

Brabantia Wall-Mounted Iron Rest and Hanging Ironing Board Holder - Cool Gray, 385742
Price: $25.00
19 used & new from $21.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Needed, January 12, 2014
There's no problem putting my hot iron in this holder. I'd initially been concerned that the iron might melt the plastic surface--but no problem whatsoever.

Lightweight Rimless Frameless Reading Glasses Eyewear with Portable Case +1.50
Lightweight Rimless Frameless Reading Glasses Eyewear with Portable Case +1.50
Offered by Anzio
Price: $6.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Magnified section too high/large, January 12, 2014
The magnified portion is nearly 1/2 of the total lens. I prefer other bifocals that are about a 1/3 - 2/3 ratio.

De'Longhi BAR32 Retro 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
De'Longhi BAR32 Retro 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
Price: $89.00
67 used & new from $61.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Nobody Likes Lukewarm Espresso and Cappucino, January 12, 2014
I've been making espresso beverages for a long time at home with my nearly 20-year old basic $60 Krups, but when it finally died--I purchased the De'Longhi BAR32. Good reviews all around--but my experience was poor. The instructions call for pre-heating the unit by running two "blank" espresso's through with no coffee, then adding coffee and running it a third time for your beverage. My experience with my old inexpensive Krups didn't require that--and its very inconvenient to spend that much time pre-heating in order to get a hot espresso. I also couldn't ever get a genuinely good tasting espresso. And finally, the plastic tip in the steamer leaked a lot of water, and would spew out about a teaspoon of water prior to producing steam--leaving the counter soaked or if you forgot--you'd end up watering down your milk with the added water. I don't know if it's possible in 2014 to get a decent machine for under $100--but this one surely isn't it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2014 12:48 AM PST

Picnic Plus Tandoor 4-Person Deluxe Picnic Basket Backpack
Picnic Plus Tandoor 4-Person Deluxe Picnic Basket Backpack
Offered by Picnic Plus
Price: $102.99
2 used & new from $102.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but smells like a dirty factory manufactured it., October 28, 2013
Items purchased from this particular part of the world often smell bad, (oily) but it makes it even tougher when the item is for carrying food.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2015 12:31 PM PST

Camp Chef FP29LG Propane Del Rio 'Matchless ignition' Gas Firepit
Camp Chef FP29LG Propane Del Rio 'Matchless ignition' Gas Firepit
Price: $187.99
5 used & new from $187.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy the recommended hose, July 20, 2013
The fireplace I ordered came with it's own hose, though not mentioned or shown in the description. The "recommended" hose turned out to be 1) not needed, and 2) the wrong type--so it was totally useless. Fortunately, when I wrote a review to complain and sent feedback to Amazon, they refunded my purchase and shipping costs without question. Nice ending. Thank you, Amazon.

How Do You Kill 11 Million People?: Why the Truth Matters More Than You Think
How Do You Kill 11 Million People?: Why the Truth Matters More Than You Think
by Andy Andrews
Price: $8.43
240 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars If you were to read just one book this year...., January 13, 2012
....read this one! There are books with meanings for one, and then there are books with meaning for one country, one people, or one community. If you read just one book all year--you must make it this one. If you give just one book to a friend, you must make it this one. And if you take up one cause this year--make it this one. Andrews' point is so "on point" that when you come across it in the middle of this short book--it will likely give you "truth bumps." In this U.S. election year, Andrews gives us a reason to step up, show up, and speak up. Buy one, give two away, and tell three more to do the same.

Page: 1 | 2