Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (USA)

1TBSP Active Organic Milk Kefir Grains & Ebook: "Milk Kefir Unleashed" By Thomas Egbert
Offered by Fusion Teas
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, September 19, 2014
I purchased these kefir grains about three weeks ago, and have been loving them since. They have already doubled in mass, and I have separated them and started making two runs of kefir at a time.

A quick tip, kefir is naturally pretty sour, but I have found that this can be reduced by doing a second ferment (there are videos online), which also increases the vitamin B.

Finally, whether you second ferment or not, blending the kefir with a ripe banana also seems to help cut the sour to a manageable level. You can also throw other fruits in with the banana for flavor :-)

VIZIO Co-Star Streaming Player with Google TV ? VAP430
VIZIO Co-Star Streaming Player with Google TV ? VAP430

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantanstic little unit (after a few updates), September 4, 2013
My experience with the co-star has been a long, uphill, but rewarding journey. I would like to say that when I first unboxed the Co-Star, I was certainly not impressed. The second I hooked it up to my TV and powered it on, it started literally screaming at me. It would play no music, would play no audio, except of course horrific electronic screams. Quickly however, the device prompted me for an update. After a restart, the screams finally stopped. Unfortunately, this update was plagued with issues of its own. To save power, the unit will often go into a suspend or sleep mode, which is of course fine in theory. In practice however, like an allegorical grandfather my co-star would fall asleep, and never wake up. Subsequent updates were like beta blockers (to extend the metaphor), they helped stave off the inevitable, but could not prevent the long night altogether. I stuck with the platform and its many foibles because the inconvenience was minor, and the features were solid. With the 5.3 update however, I must say I am truly pleased. Like a certain blue pill, the most recent update has breathed life back into what reasonable beings would have considered long dead, and I am pleased to say that I have experienced no unwakable box since. I am really happy to see the progress the platform has made; It finally feels like the stable, feature rich, and cost-effective product I was promised.

tl;dr:
It's a great buy, but make sure you install all the updates (there may be several) as soon as you open it.

TRENDnet 200 Mbps Powerline Ethernet AV Adapter Kit TPL-303E2K (White)
TRENDnet 200 Mbps Powerline Ethernet AV Adapter Kit TPL-303E2K (White)
9 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but very tricky to set up, October 18, 2012
These adapters work wonderfully out of the box, but if you want to establish a secure key, its a headache. The procedure for this is not complicated or tricky in the least; there's only one real button on the unit. The problem is that the button simply does not work more often than not. It will always clear the old key, but will allow you to go into pairing mode maybe one time in five. Additionally, the small reset buttons on the units are entirely for show; failing to ever elicit a reset on either unit. The above glaring issue aside, it still gets a 4 star rating, because while setup is a chore, once established, they work wonderfully.

Long story short, expect a headache in the beginning if you're security conscious, but smooth sailing from there on out.

Winter Womens / Mens - Black Gloves
Winter Womens / Mens - Black Gloves
Offered by We got It All
Price: $6.97
4 used & new from $1.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive glove, December 17, 2011
While not the best glove for outdoor work or long term use, these gloves are warm and inexpensive, perfect for students or commuters. Make a great stocking stuffer.