Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Jeremy Haggard > Reviews

Browse

Jeremy Haggard's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1968
Top Reviewer Ranking: 371

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeremy Haggard RSS Feed (Nashville, TN)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HP Sprout 3D Immersive 23" Multi-Touch AiO Computer - 23-s310
HP Sprout 3D Immersive 23" Multi-Touch AiO Computer - 23-s310
Price: $1,899.99
5 used & new from $1,600.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A new way to interact, but this feels like a version 1.0 product, still has some bugs to work out., February 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a professional "geek" I get to play with a lot of technology and when I received this I wasn't sure what to expect. The computer arrived via UPS in a massive box that took 2 people to unload and get it to my door. The overall weight of this wasn't bad, I believe it was approx 40 lbs. The PC inside is packed in thick, blocks of Styrofoam and is well secured so no worries it will break in transit.

Unpacking the pc was pretty easy, remove some top layers of foam, pull it out and plug it in. Very easy. The cords on this are nice, you have 1, a power cord. You can connect a network cable to the LAN jack, you can use external speakers, and have a few USB ports if needed. But The PC has wireless access built in which is fast, it has bluetooth keyboard and mouse included in the box, and the onboard speaker is impressive.

Once you have the PC plugged in you can attach the mat, it connects via magnets and is very easy to connect. The challange I found was my Sprout didn't handle it very well when the mat was disconnected and then reconnected, in fact the PC would crash, and this was right after first powering it on, before I had a chance to install any applications. I fixed it by doing a complete restore through the recovery partition, once I did that it seemed to be stable.

The PC itself works great without the Mat, think of it as a really large screen, touch screen windows 10 monster. It's very responsive, I downloaded steam and played some graphic intense games with no lag whatsoever. If you attach the mat you can turn on the second screen which features 20 point touch pad on the mat. This means that you and your friend can have an all out dueling piano war hitting 20 keys at the same time. It's very responsive. I found the second screen on the mat to be really slick, at first it was weird and I didn't like it, but then I started to scan items into the sprout interface. My wife and I just had a baby so we were wanting a baby announcement. We started scanning pictures, we scanned our little ones first outfit from the hospital and even scanned our hands just because we could. It's pretty neat how the scanner works, simply place an item (or items) on the mat and press the scan button, lights flash, a blue bar goes across a few time and once you remove the physical item a digital copy scaled 100% is left behind, that item you can pinch to enlarge, you can rotate with your fingers, etc. We wound up being able to quickly, and very interactively make the announcement, upload it to shutterfly and get them ordered.

Since the release of this PC more "sprout" apps have appeared in the gallery, there are a few DJ ones which are cool because virtual turn tables appear and you can scratch with them while seeing other controls on the physical screen. Theres also a new anatomy app that lets you literally explore a human body and heart.

A feature I didn't know this PC had is it also features a desktop light, tap the top of the scan unit and 2 powerful leds turn on illuminating the workspace, want it dimmer tap again, then tap a third time to turn it off. Very handy and I didn't realize this was built in.

The PC itself is running windows 10, I won't review that here. What makes this PC special is the projector and scanner. It lets you do so much by converting physical items to digital and has an impressive future for education. If you have a 3D printer you can also buy an add-on for this that allows you to scan a physical item in 3d and then print copies of it, I don't have a 3D printer anymore so I could not test this, but based on accuracy of scanning in my hand, my phone, a piece of pizza and lots of other items I have no doubt it would be clear and accurate.

Overall I really like this, but I do seem to have a lot of issues with it and have contacted HP on a number of occasions to ask questions. I had the initial crashing issue where the mat was unresponsive and I had to restore from the recovery partition. Since then it works well however I did also have another issue where the mat was completely unrecognized after disconnecting and reconnecting it. Scouring the google I found several others reporting the same thing and after a few days of troubleshooting I did the recovery option again, restored the system to factory and everything worked. But it continues to have little fits every now and then. For example this is the second time I am writing this review. on my last attempt the PC just crashed randomly, took 12 minutes to recover. I do continue to work with HP support to get answers to questions and concerns.

Would I recommend this?

It's pretty slick, as a normal PC without the mat it rocks. With the mat it gives you an entirely new way to interact with your computer, its very nice. But its been full of bugs and issues for me, it definitely feels like a version 1.0 product, not ready for public consumption yet but shows promise that there could be something here that could be a hit. If you are as intrigued by this PC as I was give it a shot, but know that it's got it's problems and there is not a lot of help on the internet for this PC.

TV Antenna,Amplified HDTV Antenna-BACRON Ultra Thin indoor Tv Antenna Builtin Amplifier Signal Booster for UHF VHF,16.5ft Coax Cable indoor hdtv antenna-50 Mile Range(Black/White)
Offered by Bacron US
Price: $45.99
2 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as good as the mohu leaf at a fraction of the price, January 28, 2016
I am a cord cutter and and am always looking for the best antennas to use, I primarily use the mohu leaf and it works well but is expensive, so when I could try this I jumped at the opportunity. This antenna is very similar to the leaf, it comes with adhesive to stick it to the wall however I used a command strip instead so I didn't damage the paint should I remove it. The cord is pretty long and has a USB adapter on it which is great so you can power it from your tvs USB port. I found putting this directly in a window didn't give good results, hanging it directly on the wall it excelled.

With this antenna living near Nashville TN I was able to receive 36 channels, true they aren't all quality programming but its free TV and its clear TV. All the major network channels like abc, NBC, Cbs and fox all are hd quality.

I would highly recommend this as it works just as good as the mohu leaf at half the price.

Please note I received a review unit at a discounted price in exchange for an unbiased review.

ANNT® 10W Gooseneck Dimmable Eye-Care LED Desk Lamp with 1.5A USB Charging Port (3 Modes, 5-Level Dimmer, 30-Min Auto Timer, Memory Function, Max. 700 lumens, Flicker-Free, Matte Black)
Offered by ATC LLC
Price: $42.99
2 used & new from $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ... chance to get this light and wow is it awesome. The light is LED, January 27, 2016
I had the chance to get this light and wow is it awesome. The light is LED, however it is adjustable from bright white to warm white with different levels of intensity to fit your situation. I had an old fashioned bankers lamp on my desk for years but once I received this I replaced it because it's smaller, more energy efficient and I like that when needed I can have bright white light and other times I can turn it on warm white.

Please note, I received this item at a discount in exchange for an unbiased review.

Vastar® [New Version] 60W 110V Adjustable Temperature Welding Soldering Iron with 5pcs Different Tips and additional Solder Tube for Variously Repaired Usage
Offered by AlizonTech

5.0 out of 5 stars I was able to replace the blown triac and fix my controller using this soldering iron and I would highly recommend it to others, January 27, 2016
I am a DIY'er, for the holidays I sync my christmas lights and halloween lights to music using Light-o-rama and last year my circuit board got wet and one of the triacs fried causing a channel to get stuck on. Replacing it meant unsoldering one of the triacs, and replacing it, but to do that I needed a soldering iron. In the past I used a gun model I bought at radio shack probably 20 years ago, it finally bit the dust and I had the chance to try out this soldering iron by Vastar. This one worked perfectly, the temp is fully adjustable and the iron has a pin point tip on it for tight spaces. I was able to replace the blown triac and fix my controller using this soldering iron and I would highly recommend it to others looking.

Please note I received this at a discount in exchange for an unbiased review.

Slim LED Par 64 Can - Red Green Blue Amber for Church Lighting Stage Lighting Wedding Uplighting Home Decoration - DMX512 177 Pcs 10mm LED RGBA Wash Light
Offered by lighting-geek
Price: $139.90

5.0 out of 5 stars I also do photography and this light is an awesome addition for backdrop effects, January 27, 2016
Each year for the holidays I have light shows, I also do photography and this light is an awesome addition for backdrop effects. It's a large light, very easy to use and built very solid.

ViewTV Flat HD Digital Indoor TV Antenna - 25 Miles Range - Black
ViewTV Flat HD Digital Indoor TV Antenna - 25 Miles Range - Black
Offered by Super Deal
Price: $27.99
3 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I live within 30 miles of broadcasting towers and with ..., January 27, 2016
I live within 30 miles of broadcasting towers and with this antenna I am able to receive 34 channels over the air. It works perfectly and I don't have any complaints.

Please note I received this at a discount in exchange for an unbiased review.

Bamber French Rolling Pins for Baking, Tapered Dough Roller, Non-stick, Easy to Grip, Eco-friendly and Safe, Sleek and Sturdy - (17-1/3 Inch by 1-4/5 Inch)
Offered by Bamber Home & Kitchen
Price: $29.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty simply, this is a solid piece of wood, January 27, 2016
Pretty simply, this is a solid piece of wood, it's a great french rolling pin and works exactly as you would expect.

Please note I received this at a discount in exchange for an unbiased review.

Bamber Kitchen Silverware Organizer, Flatware Drawer Organizers, Utensil Trays - Beech (Large Size)
Offered by Bamber Home & Kitchen
Price: $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the slots are the perfect size for holding chapstick or batteries, January 27, 2016
While this is a silverware organizer I'm actually using it for medicines in one of my drawers, it holds bottles perfectly, the slots are the perfect size for holding chapstick or batteries. Construction is solid and it looks good.

Please note I received this at a discount in exchange for an unbiased review.

Kitchen Knife Set - 3 Quality Kitchen Knives - Paring, Utility, Chef Knife - Non-Stick Coating for Easy Cutting and Cleaning - Colored Extra Sharp Stainless Steel Blades - Non-Slip Soft Handles
Offered by Trumpet Monkey Trading
Price: $29.95
6 used & new from $15.74

5.0 out of 5 stars I have washed these 5 times in the dishwasher on the HOT Pots and pans setting and they still look as good as new, January 27, 2016
These knives are very sharp and very colorful. I read others saying after a run in the dishwasher the color flaked off. I have washed these 5 times in the dishwasher on the HOT Pots and pans setting and they still look as good as new.

Please note I received this at a discount in exchange for an unbiased review.

USB Type C Car Charger, BlitzWolf 27W 5V/3A Type-C Port Attached Cable + 5V/2.4A USB Quick Charger for Nokia N1 tablet, Google Chromebook Pixel, Google LG Nexus 6P, Apple Macbook (Grey)
Offered by BlitzWolf
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great to charge my Nexus 5X, January 27, 2016
Works great to charge my Nexus 5X, when I plug it in it says "Charging Rapidly" so I get the quick charge function out of this which is how it should be. I am very happy with this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20