Profile for J. Haggard > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 227

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Haggard RSS Feed (Nashville, TN)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sharp LC-60UQ17U  60-inch Aquos Q+ 1080p 240Hz 3D Smart LED TV
Sharp LC-60UQ17U 60-inch Aquos Q+ 1080p 240Hz 3D Smart LED TV
Price: Click here to see our price
18 used & new from $1,779.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV, if you want brushed metal look go with this, if you won't use the stand get the LC-60EQ10U model and save money, June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have this TV in my media room, I also have the Sharp LC-60EQ10U 60-inch Aquos Q 1080p 240Hz Smart LED TV in my living room. Both TV's are nearly identical however this model feels much heavier. The "weight" on both show to be the same but there is significance weight difference.

The Picture on these TV's feature the quad leds, most have red, green and blue, this TV features a 4th color, the yellow. Honestly I can't tell much of a difference. The picture IS crystal clear and it is really easy to use.

The remote is adequate that the TV comes with. It isn't special. I have had a few TV's that had universal style remotes that you could program to work with other components in your media system, this one is pretty solo as the TV is designed as a "everything" tv with it's built in apps and streaming. Additionally the TV features one cool mode which I have not seen on any other TV's, the ability to convert any 2D show into 3D. It works surprisingly well and is easy to activate.

The TV also has a "live wallpaper" mode. After all you have a 60" TV up in your house or on a media stand and when it's off you have a giant black hole where it lives. With the wallpaper mode you can have it cycle through fine works of art in a reduced power mode or show a digital clock. Frankly the clock looks bad, makes it look like a giant computer screen. The fine works of art is really nice although the selection it goes through is limited. I would have loved this TV to download additional photos as it is on the network but I keep seeing the same few pictures.

Overall it really is a nice TV, if you aren't going to have it on a stand and instead will hand it I would suggest you go with the LC-60EQ10U model, it's lighter and cheaper and comes with everything the same as far as I can tell. This model on this page shines because of the brushed metal trim around the bezel and the stand.

Prior to this I had a LED Vizio 60" TV and that one was good, but compared to the picture of the Sharp Aquos the tv was sub-par, but then again the price tag on the Vizio was approx $800 at the time, this one is much more but you are getting a much crispier, brighter and faster display.

Levana Sophia 2.4" Digital Video Baby Monitor
Levana Sophia 2.4" Digital Video Baby Monitor
Price: $89.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, design is easy to use but made a little cheap., June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had the chance to try this baby monitor out. I have had a number of other cameras and baby monitors and this one seems to be by far the simplest design. The unit I received did have a crack in the housing near the screen but it still functions. The camera itself has a clear picture in bright and low light situations. I find it odd the microphone is attached to the camera but it's not built into the camera housing it is pretty flexible. I found that audio was spotty using the microphone.

Overall it is very easy to use with a good picture.

Waggin' Train Chicken Jerky Tenders Dog Treats (Pack of 1)
Waggin' Train Chicken Jerky Tenders Dog Treats (Pack of 1)
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $8.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Dogs like them, product has a spotty past., June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I will start by saying the dogs like these treats. They smell good and the dogs seem to like them.

That being said, I am skeptical of any treats made in China and these particular treats were involved in part of a voluntary recall a few years back. There was no evidence as far as I know that these treats had issues however as a consumer it seemed like something was up. I selected to get these treats because other Waggin Train treats I got were all made in the USA, this particular treat however the bag says is a product of China. Because of that I won't give this 5 stars. If they would make these in the US where quality control was higher it could be a 5 star product.

Waggin' Train Smoky Jerky Treats, Made with Real Chicken and a Hint of Brown Sugar, 3 ounce
Price: $5.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Dogs like them, smell good. Made in the USA., June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Waggin Train is a company that has had a questionable past when it comes to some of their products. They have since done some recalls and moved facilities from overseas to the US and now the treats are made in America. It is one of those companies that tried to be cheap, and then came back and did things the way they should have been done from the start.

Now these treats smell good. I got them to give to my dogs and they seemed to like them. They would easily polish off the entire package if I let them.

Shotgun Lovesongs: A Novel
Shotgun Lovesongs: A Novel
by Nickolas Butler
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $27.81
35 used & new from $10.00

2.0 out of 5 stars audiobook version is terrible, reader is so mono-tone., June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I know this may cause me to get some down votes but this review is NOT about the content of the book. I got the audio version of this book and the premise of it read very well, in fact It was interesting enough to where I was going to dedicate time to listen to it. But then it showed up and I put it in my CD player and the reader did a terrible job with it. The tone was just so mono-tone. No fluctuation in the voice. I had turn it off after a few minutes just because of how boring it sounded. I may go back and get the actual book instead of the audiobook because I think the story can be good, but in this case I'm reviewing the audiobook version which is what I received. initially.

Sting of the Drone
Sting of the Drone
by Richard A. Clarke
Price: $17.84
71 used & new from $8.10

4.0 out of 5 stars This book got me hooked, I would recommend it., June 26, 2014
This review is from: Sting of the Drone (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an exciting book that takes a different spin on the world we live in today, or does it? The concept is simple, Americans flying drones over other countries are sitting in offices in America, and instead of attacking the drones themselves the bad guys start to attack the pilots.

Richard Clarke has some history in this area and it shows, the level of detail he put into the book is just right, it's not one of those that goes on and on, it paints a clear picture as he outlines the story.

I'm not a huge book reader, very few books draw my attention enough where I can sit and read them but Sting of the Drone really was one that got me hooked. I would recommend it.,

The Magic Trap (The Lemonade War Series)
The Magic Trap (The Lemonade War Series)
by Jacqueline Davies
Price: $12.28
51 used & new from $8.78

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for kids that uses magic, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this book because of the magic element of it. I really like the concept of magic and wanted to see how the author was going to use magic in her story. The story is an on-going one that fits apparently with some other books in the series, I didn't know that at the time when I got this. That being said you can start reading this one and still not feel lost.

The book is well written for kids, it has some really great illustrations and would be good for most young kids. This is one going on my bookshelf to share with mine when the time is right.

If you like magic or want to share the joy of magic with your kids this book gets it done while telling a whole different story.

Motomco 22478 Tomcat Refillable Tier 1 Mouse Bait Station, 1-Ounce, 8-Pack
Motomco 22478 Tomcat Refillable Tier 1 Mouse Bait Station, 1-Ounce, 8-Pack
Price: $13.02
20 used & new from $5.27

3.0 out of 5 stars Work good, recommend you use outdoors but could be used indoors as well, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are looking for a quick easy, "magic" way to get rid of mice then these blocks are for you. You can use them with or without a bait station, just make sure if you don't use a bait station that you put them out of reach of kids or pets as they can kill them.

The blocks are the same ones that have been used for years in houses I have lived in. Mouse comes up, eats some and goes off then dies somewhere. It's a concept for those that don't want to see what happens and don't mind dead mice hidden around the house.

I would recommend you use these mainly in garage or outdoor spaces rather than inside. Use mechanical traps to catch the critter so that it doesn't go off and hide somewhere. Last thing you want is a mouse to die somewhere where you or a child could stumble upon it.

Tomcat 6-Count Mole Killer Worm Formula
Tomcat 6-Count Mole Killer Worm Formula
Price: $16.73
13 used & new from $14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, my dog was attracted to the area where I buried them., June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really didn't know what to expect with these, I know I had moles in my yard last year so I tried these. They are a bit strange. They remind me a lot of fishing lures. The concept is you bury them and the moles tunnel in and find them. In concept they are good, they are toxic. What I found is in the one area I put them to test them out I found my dog was doing a lot of sniffing around. I had to constantly keep her away from the area because I was afraid she would try to dig them up and eat them.

I can't confirm if they work or not, but it is an interesting concept, easy to deploy. Just make sure you don't have kids or pets that may be curious and try to get to them.

Tomcat 4 Count Mouse Killer I
Tomcat 4 Count Mouse Killer I
Price: $8.83
2 used & new from $3.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Basically tupperware with a hole in the side for a mouse, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is not a cost effective solution, what you are buying here is luxury that you are going to catch a mouse and not have to physically touch it. The station is simple, a plastic container that holds a pre-loaded bait block. Its really Tupperware with a hold for a mouse to get in. They eat some of the bait, leave and are supposed to die elsewhere. I would possibly recommend getting these for use outdoors where it doesn't really matter where they pass on at, however I would not recommend these in your house because you don't know where the mouse is going to die, you could have to deal with a secondary issue of decomposing animals in your wall. Snap or electric traps really are what I would use in doors, this is a good outdoor solution.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20