Profile for J. Haggard > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 271

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Haggard RSS Feed (Nashville, TN)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Five Star Travel Case to Fit iPads/Tablets and Small Laptops, Black (72404)
Five Star Travel Case to Fit iPads/Tablets and Small Laptops, Black (72404)
Price: $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Initial impressions are the area you slide your tablet is pretty slim so if you have a case on your ..., December 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A bit small, and very noisy.I had the chance to try this out and I had been looking at leather variants of this concept to store my tablet. Initial impressions are the area you slide your tablet is pretty slim so if you have a case on your tablet that adds any bulk to it, chances are good it won't fit. This case is really designed to fit your tablet with no case on it.

The protection it offers is ok, I would not recommend dropping the case with the tablet in it or setting anything heavy on top of it. The case will protect against scratches or light bumps but a good drop and consider the screen cracked.

The case does have a pocket for headphones or something small. Once again you want to put small, non-hard items in that pocket because if yoou put keys or something that would put pressure on the tablet screen and could also cause a crack.

The front flap secures with loud velcro (hook and loop) fasteners. It works but if you used this in school, for work, etc it would draw attention to you taking your tablet out. I don't like that, they should instead use a snap or magnetic closures.

All in all this is just ok, it's decent protection but overall it doesn't fit what I would look for in this style of a case.

Coffee-mate Coffee Creamer, Hazelnut Pump Bottle, 1.5L (Pack of 2)
Coffee-mate Coffee Creamer, Hazelnut Pump Bottle, 1.5L (Pack of 2)
Price: $25.86
14 used & new from $25.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, but you only have 30 days to use 1.5 liters of it, December 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So this is a lot of hazelnut cream for home use. Each jug is 1.5 liters and it says that the jug does not need to be refrigerated after opening and that it should be used within 30 days. So the taste is good, but if you don't think you will go through 1.5 liters in a month you probably want to buy a smaller size. It is handy that one pump = 1 of the little creamer cups so it makes it easy.

Linksys N750 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router with Gigabit & USB Ports, Smart Wi-Fi App Enabled to Control Your Network from Anywhere (EA3500-FFP)
Price: $79.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Speeds are good and it is very easy to hook up, December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Speeds are good and it is very easy to hook up. So I had the chance to try this router out and I have had probably 8 or 9 routers so far in 2014, each had it's issues including an earlier model linksys. The routers would need to be rebooted daily and it was a mess. The new N750 linksys so far seems very stable and is very easy to configure. While there is no 192.168.1.1 address you can go to and do a manual configuration on there is a CD that comes with the router to get you into the configuration screens. Now that CD is great unless you are like me and don't have a PC with a cd drive, so what are you supposed to do? It's pretty easy, if you have a smart phone just download the linksys smart wifi app, connect to your router and configure it. In my case it was replacing an old belkin router that had been working ok, I turned off the old belkin, configured the n750 using the exact same SSID and passwords and all of my devices connected to it without any issues. I am using this router on a network with some tivo minis and a tivo roamio, along with a media center PC and everything seems to be working fine with no buffering or other issues. The range of this is also really good, the belkin I had barely reached my living room, it was placed on the second floor on one end of the house which is not optimal but it is where I need to have it. This n750 reaches clear across my house on both first and second floors and the coverage is excellent.

All in all so far i would recommend this. Do make sure you check for firmware updates once you connect it, for me there was a large version # difference in what it shipped with and the latest available. If this was compatible with dd-wrt or tomato and had a more advanced interface for power users like the 192.168.1.1 logins most of us are used to I would give it 5 stars, but all in all it's a solid router that is easy to use via the smartphone app or your computer (once you download or run the software)

Cesar Home Delights Beef Stew Flavor Wet Food Tray for Small Dogs, 3.5-Ounce, 24-Pack
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The ingredients look good, the look and smell of this isn't bad, December 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dog inhaled this stuff. We typically feed the dog a dry dog food, and I had the chance to try this out so I did. The ingredients look good, the look and smell of this isn't bad. I am not using this as a full time dog food, more of a supplement for every now and then and I can tell you my dog inhaled this stuff, I had to take it away a few times to make sure she was actually chewing and swallowing. The container was licked clean once she was done with.

All in all it looks like a quality food, and my dog loved it. I don't like the idea of a wet food diet because that has other implications on the backside, but every now and then I will gladly give my dog one of these as a treat.

Garden Safe Crawling Insect Killer containing Diatomaceous Earth,  4-Pound, HG-93186
Garden Safe Crawling Insect Killer containing Diatomaceous Earth, 4-Pound, HG-93186
Price: $8.97

3.0 out of 5 stars The product itself is very dusty and easy to spread but does make a mess, December 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had the chance to try this out and when it arrived the bag was broken inside the box and the contents were everywhere. The product itself is very dusty and easy to spread but does make a mess. It does not kill on contact but is pretty quick. The design is to cut the body of the pest and cause it to dehydrate essentially. It works, but it's slow and dusty. The thing I like is it sticks around, at least until it gets wet and washes away. All in all, yes it works but for me I prefer sevin dust because of it's cost for an exterior job. Internal this works but it does make a mess and an ortho spray is easier/cleaner to use but is not pet safe. This has a place, but for me I prefer other products.

PureSound Custom Pro Steel Snare Wire 20 Strand, 14 Inch
PureSound Custom Pro Steel Snare Wire 20 Strand, 14 Inch
Offered by Woodwind and Brasswind
Price: $15.99
12 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the sound vibration coming from a bass amp or a low guitar cord can trigger “a snare buzz” type of sound… the custom Pro Series, December 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had one of my friends help review this for me, he plays drums for Cody Sumpter who is part of the premier records recording artists group. Below is his review:
--------
I’ve seen this type of product and I’ve always wanted to try this out, this has a highly professional design which practically chocks out “snare buzz”. This is an extremely frustrating buzzing sound that comes from other instruments being placed close to the snare drum, the sound vibration coming from a bass amp or a low guitar cord can trigger “a snare buzz” type of sound… the custom Pro Series wires are designed with Anti-Choke end plates that significantly reduce annoying snare buzz. Pure Sound has gone above and be on my expectations of what I thought snare wire designs where all about…
-------

InterDesign Forma Constant Tension Curtain Rod, 19-Inch to 30-Inch
InterDesign Forma Constant Tension Curtain Rod, 19-Inch to 30-Inch
Price: $15.21
2 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, in theory it works, December 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Looks nice, in theory it works.... In practice is a headache. The rod doesn't extend easily at all, if you manage to get it to the spring can break and the tension is nearly impossible to get right. This is a product that should never have made it to market, needs serious redesign before i would come close to saying buy it. Can you get it to work? Slim chance but it's possible, it is not as easy as it claims to be and the quality is terrible.

Metrokane 9959 Rabbit Springing Muddler, Stainless Steel
Metrokane 9959 Rabbit Springing Muddler, Stainless Steel
Offered by Kitchen Kapers
Price: $14.95
2 used & new from $14.08

1.0 out of 5 stars The lock switch on this thing is terrible. I'll start by saying that, December 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok, so let me start by saying the lock on this thing is terrible. In my case it fails EVERY TIME when it is in the locked position. For example, I took this out of the box and was using it and it worked well as a muddler. But when I closed it up and switched it back to lock it closed and locked, I laid it down and the lock disengaged and the thing took off, it is named the "rabbit" and man it jumped away. I thought that was weird, may be I didn't lock it right so I tried again, put it down and again it disengaged. I thought I had it when I was playing with it so I got it closed, put it on my counter in the kitchen and it was finally closed and locked, few minutes later with no one touching it I heard the "Boing" noise and the lock disengaged, it shot out like a rabbit and hit a box, the muddler went one way the box another. The thing won't stay latched in the "locked" position. I decided to bring it to work to show a co-worker and I had it laid on my desk in the box it came in, I kid you not as I am talking to another co worker all of a sudden out of nowhere with no one touching the box "Boing!!!" and the muddler popped out of the box, scared me to death.

The more I played with this the more I found that the "lock" setting isn't real, it closes and secures it but barely. If you use this you need to switch the setting to the halfway point between locked and unlocked. In that mode it is secure, but if that head shifts one way or another it unlocks on it's own and who knows what will happen.

The build quality of this is good, it feels good but the locking mechanism is terrible. In locked mode it should stay locked, I shouldn't have to put it in this in-between mode and hope it stays secure. Imagine this on a little bar area in your house and all of a sudden it triggers, knocking things over, possibly breaking a glass.... For me it's a fail, I would say don't buy. They need to fix the locking mechanism so "locked = locked" and you don't have to find the exact right point between locked and unlocked to keep it secure, because in fact the "unlocked" setting is not locked, and the "locked" setting is not locked either, it's a very narrow point in-between.

Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, 25 Count
Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, 25 Count

4.0 out of 5 stars A good makeup remover that my wife would recommend, December 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Soft, they don't sting and they remove makeup as you would expect. A good makeup remover that my wife would recommend.

Flexees by Maidenform Women's Ultimate Slimmer(TM) Wear Your Own Bra Torsette Body Briefer #2656,Black,Large
Price: $24.00
16 used & new from $24.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This slimmer is a sturdier design and holds it shape ..., December 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This slimmer is a sturdier design and holds it shape throughout the day. Fabric is kind of stiff but does not show through clothing. Make sure to order your true clothing size, as there is less give in the fabric than with some other designs to avoid added pressure on your shoulders.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20