Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Jeremy Haggard > Reviews

Browse

Jeremy Haggard's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2155
Top Reviewer Ranking: 525

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeremy Haggard RSS Feed (Nashville, TN)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
ilumi MLBR302W 1100 lm 15W Dimmable BR30 Bluetooth LED Smart Floodlight Bulb, Arctic White
Price: $59.99
19 used & new from $30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes I had the app but initial impressions were dull. BUT the more I played with it the ..., June 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok when I got this bulb I was really going to give it one star, it was overpriced and I couldn't figure out what to do with it. Yes I had the app but initial impressions were dull. BUT the more I played with it the more I understood it. It's a light bulb, what is there to get you say?

The bulb itself is an LED dimmable bulb, that alone is a pricey item these days. Then you mix in it can be any color you want, ok that adds some cool factor, but then you add in modes like lighting to the sound of music, I put on a few drum mixes and the bulb flashed colors to the beat, it was cool. The more you dig the more settings you find, like the ability to change to calming colors or rave colors where it flashes bright and fast. Or just colors. Ok it was cool at that point, then I found simon says. Yes the game. The bulb flashes one color, then two and so on and you have to press the matching buttons on the phone. It's pretty awesome to play simon says with a light bulb!

My favorite feature and the one I am using this the most with is the circadian rhythm mode. I have an office in a basement and I have no windows, no natural light, nothing. But this bulb can automatically turn on and uses the circadian rhythm to light up, in the mornings it's a bright white to provide energy, in the afternoons it starts to change, come the evening time it turns a warm orange/red. I have this bulb in a lamp in the corner of my office behind me, it casts enough light in my office that it really makes it feel different, like I know what it is like outside. A huge change and I can tell it has had a positive impact on my mood as I am sometimes in my office an entire day without getting out.

Then you can have other modes to, it can change colors depending on your stocks, your emails, etc. The bulb has so many features but for me I'm using it and leaving it on the circadian rhythm, that is where it no pun intends, shines the best.

Franklin Sports MLB All Team Logo Ball
Franklin Sports MLB All Team Logo Ball
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ... you are a baseball fan then this is a great item. It's a baseball with the logos of ..., June 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are a baseball fan then this is a great item. It's a baseball with the logos of all the MLB teams on it. The ball is a little soft but it makes a great addition to a display shelf or in my case my desk at work. It's great quality and a good gift.

Eureka AS3006A Clean Xtreme Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Airspeed Technology
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars First I vacuumed with my dyson, then I used this and the results blew me away., June 26, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok, so I had the chance to use this vacuum and at first I was VERY skeptical. I first unboxed it and then went out to my garage to get a screwdriver, after all I have always needed a tool to assemble a vacuum, not this one. It simply snaps together. At first I was disappointed thinking it was very cheap construction and it wouldn't last or work nearly as good as the Dyson I normally use. Boy was I wrong, assembly took minutes, literally snap and hear it lock in place. That's it you are done. Then plug it in and turn it on.

Before I used this vacuum I cleaned my floors using a Dyson vac that my family has used for a few years now, it's always left the carpets clean, at least we thought it did. When I cleaned the floor with that and then made a second trip with this, I could tell within 1 foot of vacuuming that I was sold. I could see a little dustball already forming in the bagless chamber. I proceeded to complete the entire floor and by the time I was done the canister was completly full of dirt, dust and carpet fibers. How could this be when I just used my dyson moments before?

At the end of the day this vacuum is VERY lightweight but it is extremely powerful. As a dog owner and a new parent I want to make sure my carpet is clean when my little one gets down on it and with this, boy was I surprised at how much my dyson had been leaving behind.

Would I recommend this? A resounding yes. It has proven to be a great vacuum and I love the assembly and on board tool storage. Everything has a place and I love that.

Fisher-Price Moonlight Meadow Smart Connect 2-in-1 Projection Mobile
Fisher-Price Moonlight Meadow Smart Connect 2-in-1 Projection Mobile
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $57.80

4.0 out of 5 stars ... this for my little daughter and she was laughing like crazy at it, June 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this for my little daughter and she was laughing like crazy at it. I got batteries in it and turned it on and she was in awe by the projector that shoots an image on the underside of the cover. The music is a little creepy. I am somewhat surprised that the music selection isn't better given this is fisher price. That is why I am knocking one star. Overall it worked very well and she really likes it minus he music.

Candy Shop Hot Cocoa Cup, Peanut Butter, 0.603 Ounce
Candy Shop Hot Cocoa Cup, Peanut Butter, 0.603 Ounce
Price: $11.15

4.0 out of 5 stars they went in my first gen keruig perfectly and taste really good. I would recommend, June 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had the chance to try these, they went in my first gen keruig perfectly and taste really good. I would recommend.

iRULU eXpro X4 7 Inch Quad Core Google Android 5.1 Lollipop Tablet PC, IPS Display, Bluetooth 4.0, 16GB ROM, 1280*800 HD Resolutioon, Wi-Fi, Games, Dual Cameras (White Rear)
Offered by iRULU
Price: $116.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A tablet that can hold its own at the end of the day., June 21, 2016
I have had the pleasure of trying out a number of different tablets over the years, most recently the iRULU 8 Inch Windows 10 Tablet PC Quad Core 32GB, IPS Display, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro HDMI, Dual Camera, WiFi and now this tablet. I also own an iPad Mini 3, a Nexus 7 (both generations), a nexus 9, a Samsung Tab A and a Kindle Fire so I have a wide viewpoint in which to rate a tablet.

This Tablet by iRULU is seemingly an all in one package. It features 16gb of storage although upon bootup only 10.27gb were available to me which is typical. It features a micro SD card slot so you can expand the memory up to an additional 32gb. The screen comes with a screen protector pre-applied, it has volume and power buttons on the right side, headphone jack mic and micro usb ports at the top along with the micro sd slot and that is really it. The construction is flimsy plastic, if you push it does flex easily.

So how did it perform?

Bootup wasn't bad, it actually was faster than I expected. You do see an iRULU logo on bootup and shutdown. The bootup sequence does have music which I am not a fan of, if you wanted to power this on in a quiet place everyone will look at you, don't try using this while laying in bed with a sleeping spouse unless it's on before you lay down. Bootup time totaled 58.36 seconds from a shutdown state to a I can swipe the lock screen.

The speakers on this tablet are adequate, but compared to other tablets similar price range they are very underwhelming. If the tablet is laid on a flat surface it boosts the sound because the speaker on this is on the backside, so when you hold it the sound goes away from you, if you have it on a desk it reflects it back to you and it doesn't sound bad. But if you are holding this in your hands to watch a movie or play a game my recommendation is to use headphones otherwise you will have issues hearing it.

The screen is good, it's actually a very clear display and I like it a lot. When I viewed movies and pictures they were crisp and colors were accurate.

There is no bloat, it's almost a pure android experience running android 5.1.1, the only bloat is an iRULU app which is a store you can buy additional iRULU products. This app itself cannot be uninstalled but it can be disabled. Size of the app if 16.84mb, when I ran it it used 392kb of data for a total sie of 17.22mb. Not bad at all from a "bloat" perspective.The only other "customizations" I saw were once again around the boot screens and the update screen, it uses iRULU's own update process which is triggered via the stock android update menu.

Performance, this is where I struggled a little bit with this tablet. It constantly takes 2-3 seconds when the home button is pushed to get to the home screen, even when I am in a basic app like calculator.

When on the home screen and moving into the app drawer the app drawer loads quickly, but the home screen stutters as it zooms out before disappearing, it seems like the tablet is a little underpowered.

When launching the browser (chrome) it took 3 seconds to get to the point I could enter a url, once again not a show stopper but there is a bit of a delay.

Voice search on this thing is FAST, I was actually blown away at how fast it recognizes voices and does the search in google compared to some of the other tablets I tried.

Gaming on this, if you are going to play high end games, this is not the tablet for you. If you are playing basic games that don't require a ton of horsepower this will work perfect.

Battery life on this is good too. I used it for nearly 7 hours before it was totally dead. It charged fully overnight and I let it sit unplugged for 2 days turned on but not plugged in, it only used 25% battery life which wasn't bad at all.

At the end of the day I am rating this 4 out of 5 stars. While I am not a fan of the flimsy shell, the quiet speaker and slight lag on some screens this tablet makes up for it in display quality, stock android (nearly) and speed of some functions like voice search. In my day to day use of this tablet browsing amazon, reading the news and playing a few time waste games it performed without issue. It allows expandable memory which not all tablets do.

I do wish it were a little more up to date, it runs Lollipop instead of Marshmallow and I suspect but am not sure that it won't be getting Android N. For the same price (or possibly cheaper) you could buy a number of other tablets including Amazons own kindle fire, but keep in mind that tablet is highly skined with FireOS and no play store access.

I would say you should consider this tablet if you are in the market for one. It isn't one that makes me say don't get it, it's a definite "try". When compared to the Windows tablet by iRulu that I used (linked at the top of this review) I would actually recommend that tablet over this one just because of the build quality, speakers and speed, it's not android but if you are looking for basic functionality that would be my preference, if you need/want the android experience this one is pretty good at what it does.

Please note I received a review unit in exchange for an unbiased review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bird B Gone MMYARD Solar Yard Shield Ultrasonic/Sonic Bird Animal and Pest Repeller
Price: $54.99
2 used & new from $49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I would not recommend it., June 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This seems to be attracting more animals than it is repelling. I have tried the various modes and settings and since I put this in my yard I have actually seen an increase in the amount of birds, turkeys, squirrels, skunks and even a mole. I have read the directions, I have tried the different settings and frequencies and since using it I have not seen any benefit to this, it literally seems to be attracting more animals that i had before I had this installed. I would not recommend it.

Reeljuice 3X Portable Power Bank with 4ft. Built In Cable External Battery with Rapid Wall Charger
Price: $119.99
2 used & new from $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your run of the mill cheap power pack, this is your all in one, solid solution., June 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So I have tried just about every battery pack on the market and this one is by far the best, it is an all in one unit with a massive battery.

The battery pack comes with an attached power charger, you can pop it off if you want to reduce the size of the pack, or just fold in the "plugs" and its portable so you can charge it back up anywhere. It comes with an included 4 foot retractable micro usb cable and a micro usb to lightning adapter that store nicely on the side so you don't lose it. The battery back is heavy, but it is large in terms of power capacity.

The pack offers turbo/fast/quick charging, pick the verb of the device you use that supports it and it works well, in my case I can charge my S7 about one and a half times which will easily get me through 3 days of heavy use of the phone and the pack recharges quickly as well.

Overall when you get this you aren't buying a $19 power pack that you can find anywhere on the internet. You are buying an all in one solution that from my testing, is SOLID, the only thing I am not crazy about are the prongs that fold in that make up the plug, they seem a little cheap and I worry they may break, but in a worse case scenario you can get a new plug adapter OR ditch the adapter and just charge it through a micro usb cable. I am not knocking stars off of it because of this worry because it has not proven to be a problem, it is however something I will watch and as I use this if I have issues I will update this review and remove stars if necessary, but for now it's a solid 5 star product.

Switchmate One Second Installation Light Switch, Toggle, White
Switchmate One Second Installation Light Switch, Toggle, White
Price: $39.99
4 used & new from $33.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This switch promises to deliver smart home functionality without any installation or wiring. Does it do it?, June 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The switch itself is pretty large, it fits magnetically over your existing switch and I was very skeptical but the magnets used are VERY strong to the point it grips and you have to use a good deal of force to remove it. Once this is attached magnetically it is not going to fall off so that is pretty cool.

The switch can be used with a smartphone or without, just push the switch to trigger the motion, you'll hear it kick in and it flips the switch, it works but it is LOUD.

The switch itself operates on 2 AA batteries which are included and then you use an App you can download in the play or apple stores to configure it. Configuration was one of the easiest I have seen, load the app, put the batteries in the switch and hit the add new button on the app, in a few seconds it finds it and tells you to push the button on the switch, you do that and it confirms with you. As easy as that.

Once configured you can then operate the light switch remotely which is pretty cool, you can also setup timers to randomly turn the lights on/off if you aren't home, you can have a nightly on/off sequence and there are other modes like turn on when I arrive where it activates when you are within range.

Overall the switch DOES deliver on on what it says. BUT, I have used the Nexia Bridge and now the Samsung Smartthings hubs with smartswitches installed in the wall and compared to those this Switchmate feels very much like a 1.0 product. It has a lot of potential and can get smarter through app upgrades, maybe offering a central hub to where the switches can talk to eachother, ifttt integration, etc. Right now it is very limited in what it can do, but that being said it CAN turn your lights on and off which is well.... what a light switch is supposed to do. So for that reason I give it 4 stars. I am knocking one star off because of the noise of this switch.

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain: The Definitive, 4th Edition
Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain: The Definitive, 4th Edition
by Betty Edwards
Price: $12.96
164 used & new from $8.67

4.0 out of 5 stars The first part of the book is pretty boring to be honest, June 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I by no means can draw, I mean stick figures sure but there isn't a huge market for stick figures. So when I had the chance to look through this book I took it. The first part of the book is pretty boring to be honest, it focuses on how successful this book is by giving history and showing peoples work before this course and after this course. I get it, it helps but I don't want to read that much about it. Get me to the relevant topics.

Once the book gets into the guts of drawing it is a good book that teaches you technique to improve your skills. Don't expect to read this book and be doing museum quality artwork by the time you get to the end of it, but with practice of the techniques I have noticed my ability to draw has morphed from stick figures into more dimensional drawings.

Overall I like it, I think they spend too much time in the beginning reviewing why the book works but if you flip through that and get to the main attraction you'll like this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20