Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Deal of the Day
Profile for Tyler > Reviews

Browse

Tyler's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tyler RSS Feed

Leifheit Varioline Medium Deluxe Winged Clothes Drying Rack with Adjustable Lines, Blue and White
Price: $56.99
4 used & new from $56.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, November 9, 2014
Best drying rack ever, hands down. Sturdy, adjustable, collapsible, with plenty of space. Enough for a full washer load.

Vaisis Spiral Harness Wrap 0.315" (8mm) Outside Diameter, Black, 33 ft.
Vaisis Spiral Harness Wrap 0.315" (8mm) Outside Diameter, Black, 33 ft.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little tough to install, but the finished product looks fantastic, March 22, 2013
We used this stuff when I worked at the Sharper Image years ago to keep the cords on displays looking presentable. I've been using it at home ever since.

For short cable runs, it's easy to install, easy to remove, and looks sharp. The wires can enter and exit the bundle at any point.

For longer runs, all I can say is it looks sharp. For me, it's worth the work... although I don't say that while I'm installing it. In order for the finished wrap to look great, the spiral wrap has to be one long piece. This means that at the beginning of, say, a 20 foot bundle of cable you want to wrap, you need to pull 30 feet of this wrap around your wires for every single turn.

When determining the length of wrap you need, you have to factor in the thickness of what you are wrapping. With the 8mm wrap, you'll only want to wrap bundles of cable that are at least 10mm thick, otherwise the wrap won't stay put. So in this case, 33' of the wrap will cover about 30' of cable. If your bundle is 20mm thick, you'll probably only cover 15' of cable with 33' of wrap.

I hope this helps someone walk into their project with open eyes.

Cables Unlimited PCM-2230-15B 15 Feet SVGA Cable
Cables Unlimited PCM-2230-15B 15 Feet SVGA Cable
Offered by Cmple
Price: $8.95
7 used & new from $5.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned - Didn't work properly, March 22, 2013
When I connected this cable to my Samsung SyncMaster 2343 (2048x1152 resolution) monitor, my computer couldn't autodetect the monitor. It showed up as "Generic Non-PNP" and wouldn't allow me to select the correct resolution. I'm not sure if it was a defective cable or a defective design, but I don't care to order another to find out. I'll spend a few extra bucks for a cable from somewhere else.

Amazon Kindle Touch Lighted Leather Cover, Black (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite)

4.0 out of 5 stars It really is better than all the reviews would lead you to believe, December 31, 2011
So, going into this Kindle cover search, the first place I stopped was here, at the "official" Amazon Kindle Touch Lighted Cover. The price put me off a bit (it still does) but the reviews were so abysmal that I wasted about 6 hours exhaustively searching Amazon and Google for any cover that held better promise. None did. Here are the things I really liked/wanted that I was unable to find elsewhere:

1. A light that is always there and powered off the Kindle. This is a big deal, because I read in the dark and REALLY don't want to have to fumble around with a separate reading light. The side table light is too bright for my wife, and the clumsiness of the add-on lights is really annoying.

2. Real leather. I like nice stuff, understated class, etc. I know what leather feels like, and I enjoy it. I'm not a snob or aficionado, but I can tell the difference between pleather/polyurethane/plastic and leather.

3. No ugly plastic/elastic straps covering the fascia of my lovely Kindle. As a long-time book reader and a hesitant e-book convert, it's pretty important to me that the thing 'disappear' in my hands while I'm reading it.

4. No unnecessary bulk. The Kindle Touch is small and sleek. It's a little too small and sleek to really be comfortable reading it, so the cover needs to add a little bit of bulk, but not much.

After determining that none of the other cases currently on the market met these needs, I relented and bought the "official" one. And guess what? It's perfect, and I absolutely love it. My comments on the common gripes:

1. "The light is chintzy and it gets in my eyes." The light illuminates the screen. It doesn't have any flickering problems. It doesn't get in my eyes the way I hold the Kindle, but I can see how it would. Just for grins, I put a tiny piece of black electrical tape over the very top 1/8 inch of the bulb, and the problem is completely gone. Any reasonable angle provides good lighting without being distracting. As far as being 'chintzy', I don't know how these people treat their electronics, but the light is not flimsy. It stows away flush with the case when you're not using it. Seems robust enough to me, but then again, I don't use the light when I'm reading anywhere but in bed. Maybe if you like to run in the dark and read simultaneously it will be a problem. Or, more realistically, if you have a tendency to fall asleep while reading and drop the kindle or roll over on it: If you do either of these, you might end up with a "non lighted case". But then again, your Kindle probably won't last long either... maybe you should go back to paper books.

2. "There's no closure mechanism". Well, I may differ from the majority of reviewers, but I'm careful with my stuff. I'm not carelessly throwing my kindle in bags full of paperclips and loose staples. If it is traveling with me, it's packed either in my clothes, next to my laptop in the padded compartment of my backpack typically used for delicate devices, or somewhere equally protected. I'm not concerned about the cover flying open in transit and allowing something to puncture the screen. And it is well designed enough to lay flush with the face of the Kindle, so not much is getting in there. A side effect of "sleek" and "flush fitting" is that the cover piece is thin. But don't take that to mean it's flimsy, on the contrary it seems incredibly well constructed. I rather like it.

3. "The leather is smooth and therefore slippery." Well, it's smooth leather. As you use it, there will be more grip, but it's not as if this thing ways 10 pounds and you really need to get a grip on it. When it's open, the rubberized molding is more than enough grip to keep the kindle where you want it. Also, if you read with the cover folded over the back like I do, you're holding the microfiber suede side with your fingers and the very grippy rubberized molding around the edge of the kindle. It's not going anywhere.

4. "Its so hard to get the kindle in and out of the case". I don't need to do this often, I don't know about you. Once it's in the case, I really don't foresee the need to remove it. But in case I did, Amazon gave me the instructions, and guess what? They work! Kindle comes out, screen intact, and the cover is not damaged!

All in all, this is a very well made and thoughtfully engineered case. My guess is that the core of everyone's gripe is really the price. For that, I deducted one star. Bravo, Amazon, on a well designed case. Drop the price $15 and you'll have a sure winner.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 16, 2012 3:56 PM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cap for daily use, December 27, 2010
I use my 1L SIGG bottle constantly. I probably fill it 4 times per day on average. My last one used the retro top, and within a few months the threads on the cap were stripped out and the lining on the bottle had deteriorated badly in the thread area. I replaced the bottle and got this cap with it, thinking that I could eliminate 50-100 screw/unscrew cycles a day for taking sips of water.

This cap has an intuitive mechanism that takes a few tries to get the hang of, but once your used to it, its simple. I depress the white part to take a drink. I dont bother locking it except if I'm going to throw it on its side on the car seat or in my bag. If its locked its still easy, just a tiny swipe with your finger. And it fits all sigg bottles, the little tiny ones and the larger 1liter ones. One little annoyance: If your bottle is full, you can't tilt it back much when you are drinking because the top gets airlocked.

It also works fine for hiking or even running, simple to use and intuitive.

Cuisinart 14-Piece Triple-Riveted Forged Knife Set with Bonus Santoku Knife
Cuisinart 14-Piece Triple-Riveted Forged Knife Set with Bonus Santoku Knife

4.0 out of 5 stars Good everyday knife set, December 27, 2010
I'm by no means a professional chef. I like to cook, and I know how to use a knife. These knives are good quality. I've used them daily for two months. I give em a few passes with the included sharpening stick about every other week and they are still razor sharp. Even my girlfriend, who abuses knives, hasn't done much damage. The knives are a good weight and a solid construction, fairly well balanced.