Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for BrynnFlynn > Reviews

Browse

BrynnFlynn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BrynnFlynn RSS Feed (North of Philly)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Fiskars Softouch Weeder (7060)
Fiskars Softouch Weeder (7060)
Price: $9.90
19 used & new from $6.40

5.0 out of 5 stars and OH BABY I have never enjoyed pulling up dandelions so much, April 30, 2016
This thing is the bomb. I finally got the chance to use it today to clean up my yard, and OH BABY I have never enjoyed pulling up dandelions so much. Some of them had gone to seed already, and I'm looking forward to prying them up.

Sunstone Volume 4
Sunstone Volume 4
by Stjepan Sejic
Price: $10.17
63 used & new from $8.20

5.0 out of 5 stars the characters feel like I could go visit them for drinks, February 23, 2016
This review is from: Sunstone Volume 4 (Paperback)
Holy mother of god. I don't remember how my husband found volume 1, but I am eternally grateful he did! This series is absolutely phenomenal, the characters feel like I could go visit them for drinks, and the tension and beauty of the art is absolutely astounding.

Garmin Forerunner 235 - Black/Gray
Garmin Forerunner 235 - Black/Gray
Offered by Dave Parkers
Price: Click here to see our price
23 used & new from $260.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Major upgrade and consolidation in one!, February 12, 2016
I am completely in love with this watch.

I've had a Forerunner 310xt for the past two years, and while it was a solid, dependable hunk of metal I found it was really messing up my shoulder to be wearing it on my wrist. I was also having serious issues wearing the chest strap for heart rate monitoring because apparently no one has worked out how to have a strap that won't cut into your chest if you're a moderately endowed woman. And when you're running 30+ miles per week, having a constant open sore next to your cleavage is less than ideal or appealing.

In addition, I had a vivosmart. I loved it for the notification features and step counter, and it quickly became the only way my husband would trust that I had seen his texts. It also helped me avoid missing important calls (as I am notorious for walking away from my phone).

This watch has taken both products which I loved and hated equally and put them into the perfect package. I don't have to switch watches when I go for a run (to avoid double counting the exercise in Garmin Connect), I get my heart rate continuously throughout the day, and I still get the great smart watch notifications I love. The heart rate isn't the most accurate, but it gives me a broad enough picture of how much effort I'm putting out to make me happy. I don't need perfect numbers, just enough to know whether I'm approaching my danger zone.

The biggest change for me was how light it is. Seriously, this thing feels like a toy. It's a lovely watch, but holy crap is it light! I actually think it is lighter than my vivosmart, and that bad boy was pretty light as it was.

Overall I am absolutely thrilled I took the plunge and got the watch.

Hario Chacha Kyusu Maru Tea Pot, 450ml
Hario Chacha Kyusu Maru Tea Pot, 450ml
Offered by /////WASABI-COLLECTION
Price: $15.27
271 used & new from $7.70

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect little tea pot., January 5, 2016
This little pot is wonderful! It's just the right size for a nighttime treat, and pours like a dream. I've never had so little dripping from any tea pot I've owned, and the brewing basket is large enough to accommodate any size leaf. Seriously considering picking up another one for work! The glass lets it cool off at just right speed for me.

My only complaint is that the basket looks difficult to remove, but as long as you're not brewing temperamental teas that don't appreciate longer steep times it shouldn't be a problem. I chose to leave the basket in while I brewed adagio roobios peach, and it just helped the flavor deepen as I worked.

Rubbermaid Commercial Products FG321800CLR 4-Quart Bouncer Measuring Cup
Rubbermaid Commercial Products FG321800CLR 4-Quart Bouncer Measuring Cup
Price: $14.11
38 used & new from $14.11

2.0 out of 5 stars It holds water..., May 3, 2014
This review is from: Rubbermaid Measuring Cup (Misc.)
But the one I received did not have any markings whatsoever. I'm going to manually measure out the proper amount of water and make my own markings, but I'm very disappointed by this product.

Country Life Vitamin D3 5000 I.U., 200-Softgel
Country Life Vitamin D3 5000 I.U., 200-Softgel
Offered by Heartland Supplements Store
Price: $11.18
28 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver, February 6, 2014
I'd been feeling incredibly down and depressed this winter--I know I have issues with SAD, but it's never been as bad as this winter's dumps. I went in for my yearly physical and discovered that my levels of D3 were incredibly low, about as low as you can get without an acute deficiency. So I trotted off to my local health food store and picked these up.

They're very very small, so you shouldn't have any problems swallowing them. There's no aftertaste, or any taste for that matter. More importantly, within a couple days of beginning the regimen (one pill a day) I started feeling much more like my old self, certainly happier than I'd been in several months. I plan on continuing to take these until they're gone, then step down to the 2000 IU gels as a maintenance program, stepping it up again once winter comes back around.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!, January 1, 2014
I'm working to try and improve my eating habits, and the one thing that's always stymied me in the past is having enough easy to bring to work lunches. I do a lot of things with my morning, and it's all too easy to give in and say "Meh, I'll just order out at work again." Not anymore! Thanks to these containers I now have around a dozen jars of red lentil dal and tomato soup sitting in my freezer, ready to be thrown in a lunch tote and defrosted in the microwave at work. I'm going to be experimenting with how exactly to thaw them without damaging the containers, but I'm very happy with their size (16 oz looks like the perfect amount for lunch) and ease of use.

Mizuno Women's Wave EVO Levitas Running Shoe,Amparo Blue /Blazing Yellow/Electric,9.5 B US
Offered by Fashion Footwear
Price: $79.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe for minimalist runners, concerns about durability., December 30, 2013
I purchased these shoes at a LRS to replace my first pair of running shoes, a pair of Merrell Bare Access Arc 2 in 9.5. Those were a little too small after running in them for six months straight, so I was looking forward to my first fitting and 'real' pair of runners.

These met all my needs--a wide fit to make room for my apparent hobbit feet, a nice roomy toebox for my hobbit toes (though I wish they were a little wider in that department, it was far more important to me that the base of my foot fit in the darn things), and very lightweight construction. They let me feel the pavement beneath without being as thin as a pair of Five Fingers, giving me the little bit of cushioning I really need in order to get through my half marathon training plan.

The heel on these shoes is very unusual; instead of having a base for heel strikers to land on, it's very rounded and small, almost like a ballet slipper. This seems very strange and is uncomfortable for heel-strikers, but man is it a great training tool for if you're trying to move into a forefoot or mid-foot strike. You will feel the difference when you're heel striking, and get that instant feedback that's so hard to find in regular running shoes.

My concerns are few, but niggling. The tongue of this shoe is VERY floppy and flexible, which means that when you slide your foot in there's a significant chance that it's going to get rolled up or scrunched against your foot--VERY painful to discover after going for a quarter mile, and annoying to fix on the go.

I also have significant concerns about the durability. I've run perhaps 15 miles in these shoes so far, and already I can see the treads beginning to fray and dissolve. I don't know what kind of foam they used on these, but I am not impressed with the amount of wear I can see on them already. I'm not the biggest scuffer in the world, but I do expect my shoes to not fall to pieces after a piddling 15 miles.

I will post a picture of the wear I'm seeing already when I get home tonight--suffice to say that I am not impressed. I may have to shell out the money for another, bigger pair of Merrells--the soles on the pair I had previously are Vibrams, and held up extremely well. The only reason I replaced them was because my feet got too big!

Nathan Add On Flask, Cabaret
Nathan Add On Flask, Cabaret
Offered by Top Sport
Price: $25.08

2.0 out of 5 stars Wishful thinking, August 28, 2013
This review is from: Nathan Add On Flask (Sports)
I wanted to like this, as it answered all my needs. Held water? Check. Attached to my running belt purchased before I thought I'd run enough to need water? Check.

Unfortunately, I failed to account for the fact that it leaks like crazy, and no matter how tightly I cinched my belt it bobbed up and down, up and down, to the point where I took the little bottle out and held it in my hand, at which point I realized I had no use for this.

I will be returning it to my LRS tonight and possibly picking up a bigger belt that will not let the bottle bob. Thank goodness they have an excellent return policy!

Merrell Women's Barefoot Run Bare Access Arc 2,Aqua,9.5 M US
Merrell Women's Barefoot Run Bare Access Arc 2,Aqua,9.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life for the better., August 26, 2013
I've been a life long Merrell devotee, based solely on my experience with their Jungle Moc shoes. I've been wearing them since I was about 10 years old, and they've always been there for me as comfortable, durable, and excellent shoes for my feet.

When I got into running, I found I wasn't enjoying it due in large part to my heavy clonker New Balance shoes I'd had since freshman year of college. I was also suffering from horrendous shin and heel pain, all of which disappeared when I tried a quick run in my VFF's I had kicking around (also from freshman year of college). Being that I was now two years past my college days, I figured it was time to purchase a new pair of shoes. After reading Born to Run, I decided to purchase a pair of 'transitional' type shoes, with a minimal drop and as little padding as I could stand.

These shoes fit the bill, and have been absolutely perfect for me. They're super lightweight, to the point that I sometimes think my VFF's weigh more than these bad boys. While they seem loose in the heel, they do not chafe or rub. The wide toebox gives me plenty of room to splay my toes, and there's enough padding all around to keep me injury free.

Since beginning running in these shoes I've been trying to cultivate a mid-forefoot running style, something I don't think would have been possible with my old shoes, or most other shoes on the market. I'm confident that I will be able to run these Merrell's into the ground, as after 70 miles they look as good as new.

Sock wise I'm currently in love and saving up for a collection of Swiftwick Aspire One's. The Zero's are too short, and I did experience some cutting into the back of my ankle when wearing zero show type socks. The One's come up high enough, and are minimal enough to allow me to have complete control over my foot and the feeling of the ground beneath.

I plan to update these as I continue to use them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4