Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for TrueladyMD > Reviews

Browse

TrueladyMD's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TrueladyMD "Mikki" RSS Feed (Greenbelt, Maryland United States)

Holmes HWH2605-U Water-Filled Heater with Adjustable Thermostat
Holmes HWH2605-U Water-Filled Heater with Adjustable Thermostat

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Heater!!!, November 27, 2007
I was given this heater by my apartment complex during renovations and I was very surprised how well it worked. It is so quiet that I didn't realize that the appliance was on but I definitely noticed the heat!! I love the safety features and I will definitely buy this appliance once I return the heater to the apartment complex.

Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?: The Play
Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?: The Play
DVD ~ Brian Bremer
Price: $6.59
92 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for Anyone Who Is Married or Getting Married!, July 10, 2006
Tyler Perry is a phenomenal writer. This play will make you laugh, cry and most of all, think. The actors are outstanding and as always Tyler Perry keeps it real. Donna Stewart (Diana) steals the show. Her character is a true friend and I love the way she sticks up for Sheila and the fact that she doesn't pretend to be perfect. Sheila's transformation is great; not only her physical transformation but her spiritual transformation. The character of Mike is expertly played. This character is a perfect example of an egotistical male who doesn't appreciate his supportive wife until she is gone. I have met so many women like Trina that it is scary.

The male characters in the play are not one-dimensional. They are not perfect but the "good" men are loving, humorous and supportive. Tyler Perry's message is clear: If you keep God first and have humor, love and most of all, commitment in your marriage, you will be able to work through your problems.

Needless to say, this is my favorite Tyler Perry play.

The Shirt off His Back: A Novel (Strivers Row)
The Shirt off His Back: A Novel (Strivers Row)
by Parry A. Brown
44 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Find--Makes me miss my father, September 25, 2001
Terry and Roland are great examples of successful and caring African-American men. I really liked the way that the characters were developed without dwelling on the physical attributes. Many novels tend to dwell on the gorgeousness of the characters and then develop the personality. This book makes you like or dislike the characters based solely on their personalities. I especially like the fact that Jackie was not a cookie cutter model-type but in fact was a real woman who was also described as sexy. Terry was totally captivated by her spiritual, mental and physical attributes. I especially liked the way they met and the fact that it wasn't it the usual "pick-up" spot.
This book makes my miss my father because I had a very close and loving relationship with my father. I have not read many books about the relationships between fathers and daughters that have been described as loving. Terry chose fatherhood and did not regret his choice. For him, there would have not been any other choice. Roland, his right-hand man is also very appealing because there isn't anything that he would not do for his friend and he proves it. Although Catherine is not described as loving, she is also a very powerful character in the book and is the perfect villian. I hope there is a part two. I would love to see Catherine deal with the girls when they become teenagers.